[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this get a season 2? Do people actually like it? No one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: pickles.jpg (22 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
pickles.jpg
22 KB, 400x225
How did this get a season 2? Do people actually like it? No one I know can stand it.
>>
>>81246342
It's fun for what it is.
>>
he's a dog and he's evil
>>
File: 55559d346ba32.jpg (139 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
55559d346ba32.jpg
139 KB, 600x800
oh sweet didnt know that. thanks OP

here have a prize
>>
>>81246342
Mike Lazzo fucking loves this show and really does not give a shit of viewers don't.
>>
I hate everything about it.
>>
I would say watch the slasher movie parody episode and if you don't like it after that then it's not for you.
>>
I honestly do not think I have ever encountered someone that likes this show.
>>
>>81247869
It's about a dog killing assholes ,what's not to like
>>
>>81247963
the animation
>>
>not liking Mr. Pickles
tumblr, all of you
>>
>>81246954
confirmed for not watching the show. he only punishes evil characters and fucks with the grandfather.
>>
>>81247984
Eh it has a distinct look it's not the worst animated show ever
>>
>>81246342
It's crude and gory. I enjoy it off that alone. I also helps that its short and quick paced. Its not great but enjoyable to an extent
>>
It's too ...annoying to watch mostly. The characters just kind of mumble a lot without lips moving and things just sort of happen really quickly without any real reason. It's just a series of gore scenes.

The pace just throws me off a lot.
>>
>>81246999
Are the meatballs Louie shaped as well?
>>
File: yes i do love you.gif (3 MB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
yes i do love you.gif
3 MB, 240x320
>>81246342
I liked it when we witnessed the blasé looking, moneyed patricians in masquerade/party masks--and the other eccentrics; Freemasons-types, cultists, druids--and others disaffected with society, who are involved with Mr. Pickles. It's never entirely explained, and there is a dark mystique to what exactly goes on in the catacombs and other constructions beneath the doghouse. That's the story I'm interested in, and the grandfather's desperate endeavour to uncover the truth. Some of the strange goings on in the impoverished, squalid town, with its loathsome and odd but otherwise well-meaning characters are also of curiosity. The antics of the dog and its genuine fondness for its owner as the blah blah blarg. It's always heart-warming seeing the dog rescuing the kid whenever he was imperilled. Lassie/10

I personally found there to be a tad too many gross out moments then there really needed to be when the adult humour and some of the genuine horror moment that played out would have sufficed, and a lot of people complain that the style can be really off-putting. They'd need to make some real game changers to warrant ordering in another season for production.

>And now it's getting a second session.
Well I'll be damned.

>>81248675
This in spades.

>>81248449
>its short and quick paced. It's not great but enjoyable to an extent [..]
Mhmm.
>>
kind of. it's ok
>>
>>81250485
holy shit that gif
>>
>>81246342
It's kinda like Superjail for me. I don't love it, but I watch it when it's on. I guess the animation, while shitty, is intriguing in its sloppiness? I really have no idea why I don't hate this show.

Maybe it's because Mr. Pickles tries to fuck different animals at some point in every episode.
>>
File: Puppy Love.jpg (262 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Puppy Love.jpg
262 KB, 1600x1200
>>81252759
>>
The writing is great, jokes are on point, but man the show is ugly.
>>
>>81247869
I like it
>>
What was the first episode /co/ watched of this show?

I had no idea it existed, just finished an episode of robot chicken and was chatting with a buddy of mine when the finale episode (I think it's The Lair), and once the dude's head got chopped off and blown up by laser eyes my buddy and I were fucking mesmerized. Was not ready/10 for it, but the sheer insanity of the episode kept my attention.
>>
>>81247963
So, dexter:TAS?
>>
>>81246342
I'm not watching this again unless the mom gets the knot
>>
I just marathoned it.

It really grows on you. I liked his little dance before juicing the pedophiles.
>>
>>81247869
I like it.

Reminds me of old MAD magazine artist spreads. I also like metal music.

Shit is MAD magazine even a thing anymore?
>>
Edgy the Edgehound got a second season?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
File: 1391811317562.png (1 MB, 1086x738) Image search: [Google]
1391811317562.png
1 MB, 1086x738
>>81246342

>It has been renewed and most likely will continue to be given more chances in the foreseeable future

>Wander over Yonder is scheduled for a permanent shitcan this summer and there is nothing to be done about it

I want off this ride.
>>
>>81246342
>Mr Pickles gets a season 2
>they don't even give Metalopolypse a finale
>>
This is airing on the network that let shit shows like Superjail and 12 oz Mouse run for several seasons.
>>
>>81258640
Superjail was an animation masterpiece
>>
>>81258640
superjail was at least creative
>>
>>81246342
YOU BITCH I HATE CHEESE
>>
It's cheap to make. Economically, it's a wise choice.

>>81258639
Metalocolypse requires a higher budget, both for the animation and music. Don't understand why they can't let Brandon Small crowd fund a finale, though.

>>81258587
You're really comparing Adult Swim, a network that has always been about being budget-friendly, with Disney?
>>
>>81258680
How? I have no prejudice against flash cartoons but all I remember is the show being rather stiff for the most part, and the character models constantly shift from almost looking like human beings to deformed gingerbread men.
>>
>>81258640

I watched both Superjail and Mr. Pickles.

Whereas both go for similar crude gore, Superjail at least tries to be enough whimsical about it that all of it has consistence.

Meanwhile Mr. Pickles not only is lacking in decent animation, it also looks like a stress ball of a frustrated beta in a cartoon form.
>>
>>81258817
At least Superjail had the Twins and Lord Stingray

I tried to watch Mr. Pickles and my skin bleeded and itch
>>
>>81258966
>Liking Lord Stingray
>Liking the cancer that killed Superjail
>>
I don't care abo
>>
>>81258640
OUTA MY WAY IM DRUNK AS HELL
>>
>>81250485
well said. i agree with most of that.
>>
>>81246601
What is it?
>>
b
>>
I liked it. I wish they'd go into more detail about why Pickles likes the boy so much and is so fiercely loyal to him. Did he adopt him, or save him from something?

I like seeing Pickles use his powers for cool/good shit, but seeing him fuck with Grandpa is funny too.

Also when is he gonna just bend over the mom while everyone but the grandpa ignores it?
>>
>>81257557
>I just marathoned it.
This is how I first watched it.

>>81256367
Paheal.
>>
File: Happy_Tree_Friends.jpg (241 KB, 1218x1296) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Tree_Friends.jpg
241 KB, 1218x1296
What the fuck, when did you guy's became so oversensitive I remember when Happy Tree Friends was popular. What happened?
>>
File: tumblr 2012.jpg (27 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr 2012.jpg
27 KB, 540x405
>>81265320
>What happened?
>>
>>81248030
>Not liking something is tumblr
>>
>>81265383
what he meant was being easily offended is tumblr and that is what Mr. Pickles is about an offensive cartoon but it doesn't mean it's not entertaining
>>
>>81246342
This, The Big Bang Theory, and anything by Tim and Eric are the only things that'll get me to change the channel instantly if I see they're on
>>
>>81265320
Happy Tree Friends happened. At this point Pickles is just derivative edginess.
>>
>>81258804
Those two complaints contradict eachother, and the first is completely false.
>>
>>81246999
Jesus christ. How did Louie Anderson get a cartoon?
>>
>>81246342
I thought it was kind of funny. It's not amazing, but I'm not mad that I watched all of it.
>>
>>81267967
Back then it was easy for a popular comedian to get on tv. The milestones were to get 5 minutes on the tonight show, 30 minute special, and sitcom.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.