[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PARTY ROCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>DC signed an exclusive with Sam "Dogfucker" Humphries for their relaunch

DC's in real trouble, isn't it?
>>
>>81246246
He's just a spy planted by Bendis.
>>
>>81246280
> Bendis will ghost write the Legion of Superheroes through Humphries
>>
>>81246246
What's wrong with Humphries?
>>
File: 1411287913256.gif (301 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
1411287913256.gif
301 KB, 270x271
>>81246445
He's only ever written one good comic in his life, and it was a one-shot about a guy who fucks dogs falling in love with a tranny that fucks gems. Everything else has ranged from horrible and franchise destroying to mediocre at best.

He's, just, the worst.
>>
>>81246574
I won't hold the dogfucking against him. All my favorite writers are extraordinarily perverted. Don't get me started on Claremont and Byrne.

But yeah, he is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>81246246
>>81246574
>>81246610
>dogfucker

Ennis has done worse
>>
Guys
What if
Hunphries is good at DC like Bunn was?
>>
>>81246974
Even Bunn's Aquaman was terrible
>>
I thought /co/ loved Planet Hulk
>>
>>81246974
Bunn is good at writing anti-villains. Characters like Magneto, Sinestro, and Black Adam.

Everything else he kinda sucks at.
>>
>>81247253
It was an idea that was impossible to fuck up, and even then, wasn't anything special. Same with his Weirdworld. He's handed these perfect set-ups and the best he can manage is OK.
>>
>>81247381
It's a fucking travesty that Del Mundo gets saddled with these mediocre writers.
>>
who's gonna be on star-lord?
>>
>>81250059
Really? I loved Aaron's Weirdworld. Even if he never actually delivered with the Crystal Warriors. I want muh waifu, goddammit.
>>
It's been said before, but:

People generally right well when editorial is on their side, as opposed to constantly against them.

Bunn being good on Sinestro makes sense: as long as he didn't completely fuck up, no one would care. Comparatively, it's almost obvious that he'd be fucked by editorial on a character that was previously Johns' baby and that is a part of the Justice League.

Rebirth promises better editorial. Humphries is on two Green Lanterns who no one has seriously written in years.

I honestly think he'll be OK.
>>
Did they actually make him exclusive? He wasn't included in either of the two press releases sent out and I don't remember hearing it during the Rebirth stream either with others like Snyder and Conner. Why wouldn't they announce it if he signed?
>>
>>81250090
Him. He's not a DC exclusive.
>>
>>81250150
Sinestro is more Geoff's baby than Aquaman tbf, but you're mostly right
>>
>>81250104
Aaron went way too heavy with the narration when he should've let Del Mundo's art tell the story for itself in a lot of places.
>>
>>81246911
That entire sequence was such a non-sequitur in an otherwise fun and comfy ride. Even the surprisingly dark finale made sense with the way Ennis had been highlighting the dangers of the world they always narrow avoided.

But this random shit eating human in the second issue -- the fuck?
>>
>>81250179
Fuck
>>
I liked his Avengers AI run myself though it's mostly forgotten.

As for Bunn he's finally starting to come around from his hard on for supernatural. His Sinestro and Magneto was pretty nuanced. His Deadpool was awful. And everything else he's had a hand in has relied too heavily on his love of the occult.
>>
>>81251437
Bunn can only write Anti-Villains.
>>
>>81250059
>>81250090
They should better be cancelled because of low sales.

Mike del Mundo is FUCKING WASTED, and Weirdworld should be with rotating writers.
>>
File: HARROWC-3-PG-05-600x918.jpg (188 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
HARROWC-3-PG-05-600x918.jpg
188 KB, 600x918
>>81251437
>And everything else he's had a hand in has relied too heavily on his love of the occult.

Which is why his Dark Horse comic Harrow County is great
>>
>>81246911
What the fuck is this. Wtf. Fucking what is this. Is he blowing that dog, is he rimming it, please who the fuck thought this was something to do, why is this even a comic, like is this some dog version of crossed or what. What is this.
>>
>>81251694
>like is this some dog version of crossed or what
Probably more accurate than you think.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.