[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite publisher? No DC or Marvel.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Favorite publisher?
No DC or Marvel.
>>
File: VzRcGQ9c.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
VzRcGQ9c.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
For the true. For the brave.

For the Valiant.
>>
>>81239476

>>
>>81239531
>For the true
>For the brave
>For the fatties

I haven't read them yet, but it's still funny to see the fat chick get a spin off.
>>
>>81239531
This for me.
>>81239658
She's honestly a decent enough character. Being fat really isn't that big a deal. I mean, I personally find the other Renegades (aside from Torque) and Harada more interesting, but she's fine.
>>
>>81239476
Yeah Dark Horse between the new content and reprints of older stuff from other publishers
>>
>>81239908
So are the comics good? I'm thinking I should read them but I haven't found a good review yet.
>>
>>81239476
>>
>>81239648
Second this.

what's wrong with DC n Marvel?
>>
>>81239648
You forgot to post your image.
>>
>>81239972
Yeah, the only one that's out and out not great is the solo stuff with Shadowman. And even then the character is cool and with a good writer could have a great book.
>>
>>81239531

Also this. How popular are Valiant getting? I've heard they've started gaining traction lately but they aren't Big Two levels yet, one day they will since they keep putting out quality material.
>>
Fantagraphics probably given that I definitely think their reprints are the most interesting along with a decent amount of good original releases.
>>
>>81239476
Dargaud
>>
>>81239981
Pretty much the fact that they are popular, that's about it
>>
>>81240033
Honestly, they do marvel's schtick (super heroes with real problems) better than Marvel themselves. They may be doing super heroes in general better than the big 2.
>>
>>81240033
> How popular are Valiant getting?
They're low on the major publisher list. Below Dynamite
>>
>>81240070
I mean, they aren't strictly bad, I just want to give other publishers more mention.
>>
File: DQlogo_sm.jpg (10 KB, 150x163) Image search: [Google]
DQlogo_sm.jpg
10 KB, 150x163
Most of my shelf
>>
>>81240147
They seem to be doing fine though. Didn't Divinity sell out multiple times over?
>>
>>81240205
I wish they published more than only like 1 book a month but I think they're funded mostly by canadian grant money so I guess it's better than them not existing at all.
>>
>>81240282
>I wish they published more than only like 1 book a month

Well they pretty much exist to publish Chester Brown, Seth, and Joe Matt comics
>>
>>81240351
Hey, they also translate cool shit from other countries and publish it
I also appreciate that, good job Canada
>>
>>81240351
That and shigeru mizuki's stuff in english
>>
>>81240522
Oh right I forgot they were bringing over Shigeru Mizuki. RIP
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.