[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this might be possible, /co/? I heard they want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Harbinger v1-122.jpg (66 KB, 432x542) Image search: [Google]
Harbinger v1-122.jpg
66 KB, 432x542
Do you think this might be possible, /co/? I heard they want to make Valiant movies, and Whedon would be perfect for a chaarcter like Faith.
>>
>>81236731
>Christina Hendricks

Yea okay keep dreaming fatty.
>>
>>81236731
no one wants to see white precious
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 252x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 252x255
>>81236731
>the humour in modern comics is just references and shit
>>
I know people kneejerk about Faith on this board and I readily admit it is not a comic for me or that I am interested in continuing to read, but from what I have read storytimed here it's basically competently put together and there is nothing wrong with it as a comic.

I wouldn't mind the creators of Faith getting more professional work.
>>
>>81236885
She's a neckbeard, ignore her.
>>
Whedon would be an absolute travesty on Harbinger. The best way for a Harbinger film to work would to be for it to really focus on the macro scale plans of Harada, contrasted by the Renegades being on the run and constantly hounded by the Harbinger Foundation.

I'm not saying it should be humorless, but there should be more of an overall sense of dread than one of levity. Really bring home the sense that these kids are going up against the most powerful man in the world, physically, mentally, and politically.
>>
>>81236892
The Faith mini is standard stuff, no harm no foul. It's the body of work she comes from, Dysart's larger Harbinger tale that deserves the attention. She's a wonderful, standout character there because she's like, the sole genuinely good and pure person in the narrative. Divorced from the rest of that context she does fine, true, but is less special.

And man oh man you gotta check out Imperium. That's the current major arc of Dysart's Harbinger, and it's just all around phenomenal.
>>
>>81236975
>>81237037
I know pretty much nothing about Valiant. What is Harbringer?
>>
>>81236731
Whedon's fetish is super-powered hot teen/early 20s girls. Buffy, Skye, River. He wouldn't be interested in a super powered fat chick.
>>
File: downloads_2016-03-04_17-39-15.jpg (28 KB, 436x373) Image search: [Google]
downloads_2016-03-04_17-39-15.jpg
28 KB, 436x373
>>81237037
>mfw on a Valiant reading binge and enjoying all of it so far
>>
>>81236731
Its going to be a comedy starring Rebel Wilson
>>
>>81237096
>implying a strong plus-sized independent blogger isn't part of his wet dreams
>>
>>81237166

As much as Joss pays lip service to SJW protocols, he has never had an actually unattractive woman (by modern mainstream beauty standards) in any role of importance in anything he's ever done. If you're not 20 and hot as fuck, Whedon doesn't want you.
>>
>>81237080
Basically, Harbinger's about a group; of psychics led by an incredibly powerful psychic named Toyo Harada who inadvertently creates his own worst enemy named Peter Stanchek (who was both a protege of Harada's and has far more potential power than Harada does) after ordering Peter's best friend to be killed.
>>
>>81237545
Like X-Men gone bad?
>>
>>81236731
Why is it when "real people" get superpowers they always seem to talk the same way. Like where's the person who gets powers and just uses it to help people instead of going "omg this is the best I'm totally going to be super popular I can't wait till i hey my own movie"?
>>
>>81237716
>where's the person who gets powers and just uses it to help people
In many old capes.
>>
>>81237716
>Like where's the person who gets powers and just uses it to help people instead of going "omg this is the best I'm totally going to be super popular I can't wait till i hey my own movie"?

There is one in the OP.
>>
>>81237464
>If you're not 20 and hot as fuck, movie and TV execs dont want you.

Fixed
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.