[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Marge refer to sex as snuggling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: MargeHomerInBed_01190406.jpg (102 KB, 432x243) Image search: [Google]
MargeHomerInBed_01190406.jpg
102 KB, 432x243
I always wondered why marge called sex snuggling, why doesn't she just call it sex we're all grownups here, I mean its cute when she says it like that but why can't marge just refer to it as sex instead of snuggling it just sounds weird but that's my opinion.
>>
Because networks didn't say things like that in prime time in the early 90s.
>>
>>81235901
>its cute when she says it like that
>>
I honestly always assumed snuggling was just rigorous hugging

I mean, I knew what sex is, I just didn't connect the dots
>>
I always figured when they said "snuggling" they mean't either sex or cuddling, like both.
Also the show does like to maintain it's tv pg rating.
>>
Marge: Homer, let's fill me up with your fat hog and meatballs

Homer: Ok!

You see why now?
>>
Because to be more crude about it would take away from the overall "Morally upright housewife " nature that Marge is supposed to have. Much like the episode the following image is from, I'm sure it would leave a bad taste in people's mouths if she were to be really blunt about and say something like...

"ROLL OVER YOU LITTLE HE-BITCH! IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!"
>>
>>81236060
remember that time Krusty described his middle-aged uncut clown penis to 8 year old lisa
>>
>>81236531
>8 year old Lisa
>8 year old
>8
See, I doubt she'd know what he's talking about anyway.
>>
sex is sexier when you talk lewdly coy about it instead of "homer i want you to insert your penis into my vagina"
>>
Because the show used to have some degree of subtly unlike now where they just say let's fornicate.
>>
To a woman, "snuggling" is more intimate and romantic than "sex". Saying "let's fuck" is more lustful than saying "let's snuggle".
>>
>>81236598
the grimace she made that they took a full four seconds to animate sure didn't make it seem that way
>>
>>81236472
That's just the type of woman Marge is. She's very homely and polite. 'Snuggling' is just a cute pet name for when she gets intimate with Homer. It's kind of like those people who say they had 'sex' if it was just a one night thing, but 'making love' if its with someone they care about.

Also I hate that episode where Marge gets all roided up and rapes Homer. That's a Family Guy-tier joke.
>>
>>81237002
Didn't that literally happen on Family Guy as well?
>>
>>81237002
But it was a good way to illustrate the emotional change that happens in people that misuse steroids.
>>
>>81237137
Maybe, but is that really appropriate for the Simpsons? And I'm sure the writers intended it to be a joke more than anything else. They'd never have Homer force Marge to have sex, because for some reason rape is only funny when the victim is a man. You tell a joke about a woman getting raped and suddenly you're worse than Hitler. I can see what they were trying to do in that episode but the final product was just terrible. I could not imagine this kind of thing happening in the classic era.
>>
Marge obviously has too much innocence to say sex. It's just her being cute
>>
'Snuggle' is just a euphemism that the writers decided to stick to. The euphemism is just there to make something blunt and unrefined sound more 'elegant'-- just directly quoting from the definition of it. A few users that have posted earlier have already given examples of how direct words can destroy certain sentiments in a scene. Secondly, it's also a tool for the distributors to stay out of controversies (whatever the controversy with "sex" may have been). I doubt there's any crazy back story behind how 'snuggle' came to be.
>>
>why doesn't she just call it sex we're all grownups here

Because not everyone watching it is an adult
>>
It's just how some couples talk. My ex and I called sex ''playing Mario Party.''
>>
>>81237119
Yes but Lois wasn't roided up if I remember correctly.
>>
>>81239690
Also if you consider in the early 90s America was more prudish back then, the Internet didn't exist, and info on sex wasn't so readily available.
>>
Why are so many answers in this thread cut + pasted from the No Homers Club discussion from 2013 with the exact same title? The OP is even the same.
http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?103128-why-dose-marge-refer-to-sex-as-snuggling
>>
>>81243354
Well, I'll be damned.

OP's goose is cooked.
>>
>>81235901
why do you still watch familysimp?
>>
>>81243354
Y'know, for how much shit is directly copied and pasted from that thread, it's weird that they'd go to the bother of altering stuff like >>81236282
from the original NoHomers post.
>>
>>81237204
I don't discriminate as I make rape jokes concerning all manner of genders, ages and species.
>>
She forces herself to be Happy Days level innocent to repress her negativity. TV shows of that time basically couldn't say sex so they had to use a euphemism
>>
Fox didn't even allow its shows to mention homosexuals at all until the late 90s.
>>
>>81243354
some autismo has been making fake simpsons threads like this for literally years
>>
>>81236531
Too ba Krusty is Jewish, and therefore circumcised.
>>
>>81244569
Wait, so are they all copies of threads from that specific forum?

Why? For what purpose?
>>
>>81239794
why name something so beautiful after something so evil?
>>
>>81239794
does one of you usually cry afterward
>>
>>81244849
>>81246482
When we first played it about halfway through I started teasing her to get her mind off the game and it led to sex. That ended up happening with most games as a natural consequence of the tv being set up so that we were in bed when we played anything, but Mario Party stood out as the first. Also because it was the only game where I decided to tie her wrists together with the controller. Basically when we were in the mood but around her family one of us would suggest going to play Mario Party in the other room.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.