[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/, how would you make a Batman cartoon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: I'M BATMAN.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I'M BATMAN.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
Personally, I wish for a Batman cartoon that fully explains Bruce's past and his development as Batman in chronological order as the series goes on. Then, show the origins of Batman's rogue gallery.
>>
>>81234770

Can I make a Spider-man cartoon instead?
>>
>>81234770
All if that has been done to death. Literally everybody knows Batman's origins.
>>
>>81234809
If he can make a spider-man cartoon I want to make a Superman cartoon!!!
>>
>>81234770
Not at all. I'd steal the funds and make a cartoon we haven't had 4 different incarnations of already.
>>
>>81234770

World's finest cartoon

Pre title song short: Bruce training bits/Superman adventures in space/Batman meeting the outsiders adventures

Episodes: Alternating between S/B dventures and Superman/guest stars Batman/guest stars episodes.
>>
>>81234809
We already have one that's basically about Deadpool if he was Spiderman. Yeah, your idea would be much better than that.
>>
Honestly, I'd just end up rehashing BATB.

If I were put in charge of a superhero cartoon, I'd probably rather make a new Superman cartoon

Or Shazam, that might be even better
>>
Adapt all the silver age comics, word for word
>>
>>81234832
But have all of the Batman cartoons actually have an episode where Joker's transformation is not a flashback?
>>
File: batman grin.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
batman grin.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>81234770

a decade long animated series that shows from the beginning of Batman to the point where characters grow up, get old, die and the world progresses.
>>
>>81234770
I'd just do a Batman and the Outsiders show that may or may not be a continuation from Beware the Batman and hire Shane Glines for the art.

In 2D, of course.
>>
>>81234898
>Honestly, I'd just end up rehashing BATB.

Id put a more JLU spin on it. As many obscure solo hero episodes as I can get away with
>>
File: JLI.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JLI.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>81235385
>JLU

More like JLI

Replace Batman with J'Onn and call it a day
>>
>>81234770
A Robin Cartoon. Young Robin who has basically just been introduced as his partner. It would be a Batman and his adventures through Robins eyes kind of thing.
>>
>>81234770
That sounds really boring just years and years of Batman and his villians being not as awesome as we know they can be until they get their act together and.... The show ends.
Like Smallville or Gotham for that matter.
>>
File: deedee.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
deedee.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>81234770
I think it would be weighed down by boring shit like mobsters in the beginning.

Personally, I would make a Batman Beyond cartoon. The voice cast would be the same, the art style wouldn't change a whole lot (maybe a bit more detail, heavier shadows), but it would have more of an edge and a cyberpunk feel than the original series. Less focus on Terry at school. Max would have a much smaller role. The comics had a small handful of good ideas like Dick Fury and Rewire that could be thrown into the mix. Like the original, no "_______ BEYOND" characters out the ass. Terry has no sidekicks at all (unless Ace counts). Shit villains like Kobra and Wally Watt would not be included. The good villains would be fleshed out more, a few more couldn't hurt.

Maybe have Shane Glines &/or Darwyn Cooke in charge of the art. Timm-esque, but they'll have more influence this time around than in the original cartoon.
>>
>>81235385
>>81235476
Isn't this sort-of what Justice League Action will do?
>>
File: Batman_and_Robin.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Batman_and_Robin.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Cartoon chronicles the adventures of Batman and Robin. Standalone episode with an overarching plot and a proper season finale. Bruce is in his early twenties and only a year into Batman shenanigans. Dick is a problematic kid that lives in a foster home (a pre-Damian Robin amalgam). The two of tgem cross roads when Batman finds him trying to steal a tire from his Batmobile and busts him. After Bruce finds out his backstory with the flying Graysons he applies as for the big brother program, because he can see a younger self in him and knows that Dick just needs guidance. After spending time with him, Dick finds out his secret identity and joins him as Robin. Batman objects at first, but finds him as a great asset and so they become partners.

After that you can do the whole "Robin grows out of his initial frustration thanks to Bruce and Alfred, but finds Batman's methods more insane as the time progresses. He forms the Teen Titans, and after that goes to college and becomes Nightwing. After that, Batman and Damian become partners, something happens to Bruice and Dick has to take up the mantle, making the circle complete.
>>
I wouldn't, I'd make a Poison Ivy cartoon, because I like my eco-terrorist. She could be the next captain planet, except much more violent.
>>
Has anyone put the Batman TAS into chronological order, at least in list form?

I bought the DVDs after growing up on it, but I wanted to watch the progress, and forgot how episodic and disjointed it can be. Modern shows have ruined me.
>>
>>81234770
Just do that Batman/Superman show that was rejected.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.