[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is grimdark really that popular nowadays? I mean, look at th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Fucked Up Races.jpg (276 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fucked Up Races.jpg
276 KB, 790x1200
Is grimdark really that popular nowadays? I mean, look at this shit:
http://www.horrortalk.com/news/6306-so-this-is-hanna-barbera-now.html

I mean, I get wanting to make a property appeal to an older, more mature audience, but this is stuff only a thirteen-year old would find appealing. Hell, I play 40K, one of (if not the most) edgy tryhard settings in existence, and even this is a bit much.
>>
It's just a bad-end elseworlds, there's classic Scooby Doo books still going on if you want them too. Don't be a baby.
>>
Don't be retarded. If the story and plot are interesting, with good pacing, and intriguing character development, who gives a fuck about the tone.
>>
Neither Flintstones or Future Quest are grimdark at all.

Scooby Apocalypse is by the exact same team as Justice League 3000 (with the edition of Lee for designs). It's a humor book. JL3000 got these exact same criticisms.

Wacky Race Lands is trying to cash in on Fury Road.
>>
>>81233816
Any idea who gas-mask guy left, soldiers to the right and bearded guy with kid below are?
>>
>>81233816

It looks fun and if the art lives up to it, ill read it.
>>
Isn't the fucking Happy Tree Friends guy writing this? I seriously doubt it's going to be super gritty and self serious
>>
>Despite being "grimdark" it's still called WACKY Races
>The guy writing it is a comedy writer who writes for Sonic Boom and Happy Tree Friends

Have you ever for a second thought maybe, MAYBE, the over-the-top grimdark re imagining is part of the joke?
>>
>>81233816
it's being written by the guy who made Happy Tree Friends and does writing duties for a lot of kid's show from Sonic Boom to Lazy Town. It's not gonna take itself seriously.
>>
>>81235307
I think the bearded guy and his kid are Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth.
>>
>>81235268
>Everyone will completely overlook Future Quest.
>>
>>81235555
Quads confirm. That was my thinking as well. Gas-mask dude is that pilot guy and soldiers had little genderflip.
>>
>>81233816
>comics will never reach their full potential because of the stigma of being only for children because of MANchildren that throw a hissy fit when comics are not silly sunshine and rainbows

the stagnation of the medium is nothing but your fault, /co/
>>
File: Wacky_Races.jpg (343 KB, 1500x1090) Image search: [Google]
Wacky_Races.jpg
343 KB, 1500x1090
>>81235663
Yeah, soldiers are definitely Sergent Blast and Private Meekley.

Right up front is Dick Dastardly and Muttley.

Penelope Pitstop is to his right.

Football helmet up front with Penelope and Dastardly is probably Peter Perfect.

Beside him are Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth.

Fedoras next to Dastardly looks like the Ant Hill Mob.

Gruesome Twosome are on top of the tank.

Drunk guy and bear guy must be Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear.

Next to Penelope are the cavemen, the Slag Brothers.

I think the guy under the propeller is Professor Pat Pending.

That leaves Gas Mask as Red Max, the pilot.
>>
>>81236125
I wonder why they turned beaver to human, if they have dog and bear perfectly fine.
Not that I mind. Sawtooth reminds me of one guy from horror movie.
>>
>>81236425
I think that bear is human wearing a bear head.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.