[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normie friends hyped for Spider-Man in Civil War >start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1418273360570.gif (976 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
1418273360570.gif
976 KB, 300x172
>normie friends hyped for Spider-Man in Civil War
>start to do research
>they find 616 Pete's convoluted history
>they want me to explain shit like Spiderverse, OMD and Superior
How do I start?
>>
"Spider-Man is shit and you shouldn't bother with him"
>>
>normie

I'll never understand the desire to insult yourself for taking an interest in something.
>>
>>81232568
>Slott a tard.
>>
>not just having them read Ultimate Pete
>>
>>81232603
exclusionary behavior is a fast, artificial way to make you feel unique and superior to others in a petty way
>>
>>81232568
>>they want me to explain shit like Spiderverse, OMD and Superior
All three of those are pretty easy.
>Spider-verse
Bunch of multiversal vampires that feed on Spider-men are going around eating Spider-men, so Spider-man teams up with all the other Spider-men of the multiverse to defeat them.

>OMD
Aunt May was about to die and in a moment of desperation, Peter and MJ sold their marriage to the devil. The devil then made it so they had never been married in exchange for bringing Aunt May back to life.

>Superior
Doctor Octopus took over Peter's body and took his role as Spider-man until Peter eventually got his body back.
>>
>>81232568
Read the newspapers. It was all a bad dream and he's married to a hottie.
>>
start with he was bitten by a radioactive spider
>>
Just start talking and wait for them to give up on the idea because of how complicated it is.

There. Done.
>>
>>81232568
Tell them they need to start way before that and begin explaining The Clone Saga.
They should get confused after a couple minutes, they'll tell you to stop, and that'll be that.
>>
>>81232568
Say that it doesn't fucking have anything to do with MCU Spider-Man

Recommend the standard stories if they want to read some comics
>>
>>81232568
>friends
Hahah good one, OP
>>
>>81232668
>Has girlfriend
>People enjoy his company
>Athletic and handsome
"Pfft you don't know shit about comics, though, normie; I win!"
That sounds about right, if only people could just appreciate their own skillset/knowledge without using it to try to fee superior and make up for their massive insecurities
>>
>>81232603
>>81232668
>>81234822

I don't understand how you find calling other people "normal" anything other than self-deprecating. Are you mad you don't fit into the self-hating cool kids club or something?
>>
>>81232683
Why do people always say Peter made the deal wjth the daredevil. MJ was the one who accepted the deal.

Hated all those dumb retard peter haters who said he killed his own daughter.
>>
>>81232683
Spider-verse and Superior are easy to explain. OMD had a laundry list of retcons though. And they might need to learn what a retcon is.
>>
>>81232568
>Spiderverse, OMD and Superior
Tell them that all of those stories are garbage and give them a Lee - Ditko - Romita omnibus.
>>
>>81232683
The reason Spider-Man is so popular is that he's down to earth and relatable.
>>
File: 1428687871634.jpg (172 KB, 940x767) Image search: [Google]
1428687871634.jpg
172 KB, 940x767
>>81232568
>>
File: confused sink.jpg (116 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
confused sink.jpg
116 KB, 800x600
>>81232683
>Bunch of multiversal vampires that feed on Spider-men
99% of casuals are going to give you this look when you start like this.
>>
>>81236258

And I don't get why people get assblasted at facetious internet jargon meant to provide context when someone is talking about a person who only has a cursory interest in something.
>>
>>81232603
>>81232668
>>81234822
#triggered
Don't you have some socially accepted music and moves to listen and watch, normies.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.