[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: turtles 87.jpg (33 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
turtles 87.jpg
33 KB, 300x279
>The crossover did slightly worse than the avarage ratings

So I'm gussing nobody cares about the 80's TMNT anymore?
>>
>>81228781

it was Easter though.

if they aired it next week maybe it might have done a bit better.
>>
most of the kids watching probably don't even know the 2003 series much less the 80's
>>
File: 781829.jpg (33 KB, 350x290) Image search: [Google]
781829.jpg
33 KB, 350x290
>>81228781
The problem was the lack of April.
>>
File: 7895543.jpg (93 KB, 736x576) Image search: [Google]
7895543.jpg
93 KB, 736x576
>>
>>81228865
OK but the show hasn't really broken 2.0 since Vision Quest and the average has been about 1.6 since the last few episodes of season 2.

So I doubt Easter had anything to do with it.
>>
File: tmnt ratings.png (90 KB, 926x848) Image search: [Google]
tmnt ratings.png
90 KB, 926x848
>>
>>81228932
>No April
Seriously?
>>
File: image.png (144 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144 KB, 500x277
>>81232146
The Aprils are so different they probably just didn't know how to write an interaction
>>
I always forgot when is on
>>
To be fair, Nickelodeon ratings are way down across the board.

Here's the averages of premieres from their other animated shows within the timespan since season 4 started:

>Spongebob - 2.70 million
>Alvin & the Chipmunks - 1.88 million
>Fairly Oddparents - 1.23 million
>Harvey Beaks - 1.03 million
>Sanjay & Craig - 0.96 million
>Pig Goat Banana Cricket - 0.92 million
>Rabbids Invasion - 0.62 million

TMNT season 4 has had an average of 1.54 million, which places it as the third most popular Nickelodeon cartoon behind Spongebob and Chipmunks, and way ahead of everything else. Though I should also say that these are just raw numbers, says nothing about the 6-11 demographics.
>>
>>81232661
And what about the live-action shows?
>>
>>81232661
>Spongebob - 2.70 million
>Alvin & the Chipmunks - 1.88 million
>Fairly Oddparents - 1.23 million
>Harvey Beaks - 1.03 million
>Sanjay & Craig - 0.96 million
>Pig Goat Banana Cricket - 0.92 million
>Rabbids Invasion - 0.62 million

Yeah but who would even care about something called "Pig Goat Banana Cricket"?
>>
>>81228781
I like the 80s turtles myself but I hope so. In places other than /co/ whenever there's new turtles I see countless bitching about it not being the 80s turtles. But those are also the same people that think the 80s cartoon were the originals and have no idea any comics of the turtles exist.
>>
>>81232661
For what it is, the new Chipmunks cartoon is actually pretty good, was surprised as fuck at how many of the actors from the 80's cartoon came back
>>
>>81233343
But the 80s cartoon sucked too, Chipmunks was always trash
>>
I just watched the episode, and I loved it. Seeing the Nick Turtles in 2d and the 87 Turtles in 3D was awesome, Krang was spot-on and I loved the interaction between him and Sub-Prime and seeing more into Krang's backstory, and Leo's sadness seeing Splinter was a bit tear-inducing. Plus the Mirage Turtles part was really cool.
>>
At least the merchandise is still being sold at solid levels. That'll keep this show on for quite some time.
>>
>>81233781
>work at a Dollar General
>we have both Nick Turtles and 1987 Turtles merchandise side by side
>both sell well

It's pretty much a Renaissance for TMNT in general right now, and a resurgence in the popularity of the 80's Turtles.
>>
File: Tokka_2012.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Tokka_2012.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
How do you feel about Tokka being a hermaphrodite fire-breathing space kaiju in the Nick series?
>>
>>81232856
>School of Rock - 2.03 million (just premiered, first episode was shown after the KCA)
>Henry Danger - 1.67 million
>The Thundermans - 1.63 million
>Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn - 1.63 million
>Game Shakers - 1.59 million
>Paradise Run - 1.46 million
>Bella and the Bulldogs - 1.30 million
>Power Rangers Dino (Super) Charge - 1.29 million
>100 Things to Do Before High School - 1.28 million
>Make It Pop - 1.26 million

I also forgot one cartoon
>Breadwinners - 1.20 million
>>
>>81234063
Why is that Kaiju shaped like a penis?
>>
>>81234063
Considering Tokka came from a movie that is the only thing keeping Vanilla Ice from falling into complete obscurity, I can't reallly say I care.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4
>>
>>81234300
Kaiju do tend to be huge dicks.
>>
>>81229343
>So I doubt Easter had anything to do with it.
Part of is definitely the fact that I had no idea new episodes were even airing because they do that shit where they switch to reruns and then expect everyone to come back without notifying them there's new stuff to watch.

But to say that Easter Sunday Morning, the biggest church going holiday in the year, is not going to impact stuff that airs during peak church hours, seems kinda silly.
>>
>>81234399
I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for a new episode of a cartoon. They seriously need to advertise those like how NBC or whatever advertises new episodes of their late night dramas and shit. Like I don't give a shit about the Blacklist but I always know when a new episode is coming on.
>>
>>81234063
>a hermaphrodite fire-breathing space kaiju

If this is a completely accurate description, then I am very, very excited.

But if you're just making shit up, fuck you
>>
>>81234399
>church
People still go to those things?
>>
>>81234063

this is epic.
>>
>>81234753
Most people do.
>>
>>81234631
It is. Tokka will appear in the upcoming episode "The Ever-Burning Fire". The third piece of the Black Hole Device is embedded in his shell. He's described as being both male and female and breathes fire, and he's a giant space kaiju.

We're also going to see Chompy Picasso/Snappy Warhol, who Raph adopts as a new pet.
>>
>>81234951
I love it
>>
Why does co have a huge hateboner for the 1987 series?
>>
>>81236488
Because it's treated like a sacred cow when it's being looked at through nostalgia goggles.
>>
File: 6060600232313.jpg (43 KB, 678x359) Image search: [Google]
6060600232313.jpg
43 KB, 678x359
>>81234063
Because he was such a valuable property that has been respected all this time? The first appearance having him say mommy and hug Shredder and then having play time in the street was a superior decision.
>>
>>81236488
Because it is a complete and total shithole of a series that relied on childish sight gags and puns, usually involving pizza. That series was fucking awful to try watching and the thought that it was ever in any way popular just saddens me.

It's actually just plain not believable that the show was mainstream popular at all. It has to have gained a lot of momentum from that "So terrible it's fun" kind of mindset that draws people to professional wrestling or 50's horror movies.
>>
>>81237559
Back then it was all about the intro song.
>>
>>81237012
Same with the shitty 1990 movie every millennial hipster pretends is a masterpiece.
>>
>>81228781
>So I'm gussing nobody cares about the 80's TMNT anymore?

Let's see it's 2016 soooooooooo NO! NO ONE DOES EXCEPT THE AUTISTIC FANBOYS WHO NEVER OUTGREW THEIR CHILDHOODS!

Why would kids today care about a version of the show from 30 years ago? This wasn't for them. this was so the show runners could forget they have a mortgage payment due.
>>
>>81237456
>ask a simple question that states simple facts
>get all of this passive-aggressive indignation

Who shit in your Cheerios?
>>
>>81234753
Maybe if you actually looked outside 4chan, you'd see that not everyone is a fedora-tipper, anon.
>>
>>81237923

It was a retarded question and you should be ashamed you had to ask
>>
>>81237559
>>81237639
It was an 80's kids show, it was ever always about the toys. Fuck the show, the characters, and the story. The whole point was to buy the toys then watch the show so you know what other toys to buy later.

Why do you think Transformer fans treat the 80's series like it was the Citizen Kane of cartoons that is devoid of all flaws? Because Megatron was a cool toy.
>>
>>81237965
How was it retarded? Also, Tokka has been in many other Turtles media between the second movie and the Nick cartoon.
>>
>>81238126
He is also less than a third rate character that never mattered at all. Longtime fans of the series could not give a shit about how the character was treated.
>>
>>81238178
Gotta love the "I don't care for something so that makes it bad and awful and no one else cares because my opinion is all that matters and is how everyone else thinks" attitude. So childish and arrogant, fits this palce perfectly.
>>
>>81238229
>I don't know this character, or the history of the character, or what fans thought about it so Imma talk out of my ass and hope it sounds smart
>>
>>81238391
>implying I don't know anything about Tokka

You not knowing or giving a shit doesn't mean the rest of the world is you. I asked a simple question and you came in sneerng and snarling because it was about someone you don't care about, if you didn't care then why are you throwing a fit about it?
>>
>>81238533
But he's right, you don't
>>
>>81236488
I was still watching the 80's cartoon well into my teens with my cousin via the Burger King tapes. I enjoyed it, but hindsight is a bitch. The things that I thought were so great about it when I was younger, turned out to just be things that I made up myself

The 80's cartoon by today's standards is really nothing more than a typical for the era faceless corporate spokesman for the toys with plot lines so thin and fragile that they could break at a moment's notice
>>
>>81238617
Explain how I don't know anything about Tokka, please.
>>
>>81234063
I honestly thought Hun was going to turn into Tokka.
Since he's basically Bruce Lee and Rahzar/Bradford is basically Chuck Norris. Also because Hun was turned into the 2003 incarnation of Slash in Turtles Forever.
>>
Much better than Turtles Forever that's for sure.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.