[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PRAISE SNYDER. MONDAY BOX OFFICE RECORD BROKEN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1280x721
>‘Batman v Superman’ Scores Big Monday Box Office with Another $15M

>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice keeps on winning, even though its CinemaScore is the same as that notorious Warner Bros. bomb Catwoman. Fans simply don't care what the critics think, as the superhero epic pulls in an additional $15.05 million at the box office on Monday. The adventure, which teams The Dark Knight and the Man of Steel for the first time ever on the big screen has pulled in $181.06 million during its first four days of release

http://movieweb.com/batman-v-superman-box-office-monday-march/
>>
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-earns-largest-monday-march-box-office

B-bad word of mouth means no legs...

Much Sunday drop off!
>>
File: 1449115291312.jpg (28 KB, 445x363) Image search: [Google]
1449115291312.jpg
28 KB, 445x363
>B-buh muh RT
Can't wait Suicide Squad to make gangbusters off this success.
>>
>>81228770
>its CinemaScore is the same as that notorious Warner Bros. bomb Catwoman.
The CinemaScore is an audience-surveyed measure of enjoyment.

Man of Steel got an A.
The Revenant got a B+.
Rushmore got a B.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou got a D.
>>
>>81228904
What kind of plebs do they get to rate these things?
>>
>>81228770
>With its $15 million Monday take, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is now the 30th highest grossing Monday on record, knocking 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen down a notch.
what record?!!
>>
>>81228904
hence the argument that the audience is flawed
>>
>>81228957
Again, BvS has a worldwide gross due to opening in every major region on the same day. Revenge of the Fallen only had a domestic gross, because it opened in other regions later.
>>
File: cinemascore_ballot.jpg (203 KB, 844x530) Image search: [Google]
cinemascore_ballot.jpg
203 KB, 844x530
>>81228930
>35 to 45 teams of CinemaScore representatives are present in 25 large cities across North America. Each Friday, representatives in five randomly chosen cities give opening-day audiences a small survey card. The card asks for age, gender, a grade for the film between A+ and F, whether they would rent or buy the film on DVD or Blu-ray, and why they chose the film. CinemaScore typically receives about 400 cards per film; the company estimates a 65% response rate and 6% margin of error. The ratings are divided by gender and age groups (under 21, 21-34, 35 and up); film studios and other subscribers receive the data at about 11 pm Pacific Time.

It reminds me of Nielsen ratings in a way, in that we live in a time where everybody could participate instead of a select few, but I guess tradition is tradition.

>>81228982
Everything is flawed.
>>
>>81228957
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-earns-largest-monday-march-box-office/

Biggest Monday in march
>>
File: 1459265454951.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459265454951.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
Who cares? Someone is just going to make another thread tomorrow completely contradicting this one with a different clickbait article saying its the lowest grossing movie of all time.
Wait a month and then judge how it did objectively and not day by day.
Or just shitpost more I guess I dont even care anymore.
>>
I can't believe anyone doubted Batman. This character makes billion dollar films. It's his thing. You'd think /co/ would know better seeing as we've been here twice already.
>>
>>81228770
>pulled in $181.06 million during its first four days of release
Can someone provide comparison with other movies?
>>
>>81229020
too many qualifiers
grasping at the straws
>>
Can anyone explain just what is so awful and horrible about the movie that makes critics and /co/ despise it this much?
>>
>>81229019
>It reminds me of Nielsen ratings in a way, in that we live in a time where everybody could participate instead of a select few, but I guess tradition is tradition.
The problem with that is that it skews the statistics toward those who feel strongly enough to bother voting. Polling a small group directly is a better way to get an unbiased sample.
>>
>>81229055
see >>81228837
The article has comparisons for **first Mondays**.
>>
>>81229074
A fair point. Still, at this point they could easily start to choose more than five cities across America for the survey.
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21 KB, 400x418
>>81228957
>30th highest grossing Monday on record, knocking 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen down a notch.
>grossing
>30th highest grossing Monday
>30th highest
>30th
>beat a 2009 film

I'm so confused why I could care
>>
>>81229055
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=superherosmackdown.htm
>>
>>81229069
>/co/
Not /co/. Disney trolls.

/co/ will defend Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman.
>>
>>81229069
Not enough quips
>>
>>81229085
Does it also compare how many regions and cinemas the movies were available in? Because I swear these companies just keep inventing new "records" for easy headlines and shitty threads like this one.
>>
>>81229169
Like Marvel and the most YouTube views shit they pulled.
>>
>>81229069
It's disjointed, paced unevenly, has a lot of cringe worthy scenes and dialogue. Has an all time shit Lex Luthor, has a homicidal Batman, a mopey, depressed Superman, plotholes out the ass, and is a fucking shit show.
>>
>>81229135
DKR is a rather important book that helped redefine the character and is highly praised everywhere.

Never seen any love for DoS though.
>>
>>81229229
>most views
>count facebook automatic spam views that counts a view even if it plays for 1 sec
yeah, that was some top tier bs
>>
>>81229229
That's the one where they calculated views across multiple uploads of the same trailer, correct?
>>
Reminder that the closest comparison to BvS in terms of predicting Box Office Gross is Furious 7

Reminder that BvS is outperforming F7 on every turn so far.

Reminder that BvS is the only highly marketed film coming out through the rest of Spring leaving it unchallenged until May.
>>
>>81229235
so a typical Marvel movie?
>>
>>81228770
>its CinemaScore is the same as that notorious Warner Bros. bomb Catwoman
Critics really thought BvS was worse than Iron Man 3? Thor 2? The fist Captain American? Really?
>>
>>81229069
It was way too arthouse-ish and the pacing is rather rushed
>>
File: So Complex.png (958 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
So Complex.png
958 KB, 1280x540
>>81228770
>DCfriends are so desperate for a DCCU they are lying to themselves about being okay with a Transformers-lite franchise
This is pathetic
>>
>>81229330
cinemascore is cinema audience, not critics
It's getting A among kids.
>>
>>81229069
You can't text or sleep while watching the movie and still understand what's going on.
>>
File: NO.png (967 KB, 1096x672) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
967 KB, 1096x672
>>81229349
>this pleb shit
>arthouse
>>
>>81229169
It's all about the Benjamins. If they were talking about ticket sales and regular screens, it would be different.

Remember Batman (1989)?
-- No 3D
-- No IMAX
-- Home video came out the same day of theatrical release (which meant repeat viewership happened at home)
-- Still pulled in almost half a billion.
>>
File: Trish Deal With It.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Trish Deal With It.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>81229330
Yes, because it is.

The last time there was a DC adaptation this fucking bad was Catwoman. Green Lantern and Jonah Hex are better than this shit.

Its a bad movie. Deal with it.
>>
>>81228770

So you're telling me I have to murder Zack Snyder to get him to stop?
>>
>>81229367
Overall, I mean. It had a 30-some percent on Rotten Tomatoes last I saw.
>>
>>81229276
Top tier
>>81229278
Yep counted every official channel that uploaded it and Facebook.
>>
>>81229423
OPINION
P
I
N
I
O
N
>>
>>81229317
The average Marvel movie has different flaws. For one, they definitely don't have a shitty Social Network Luthor, homicidal Batman, and mopey and depressed Superman.
>>
>>81229235
Pretty much this
>>
>>81229257
>Never seen any love for DoS though
Really?
No threads or posts about:
the 4 Supes?
WW not believing until he saw Bats despair in front of a computer?
Lex gloating about burying him?
Etc ...

Are you sure you were in /co/?
>>
>>81229513
Why are people so Ok with the lack of contrast between Batman and Superman in this movie?
>>
>>81229521
Been here since 09. Guess I'll count myself lucky to have missed all that shit.
>>
>>81229495
Not that anon, but its a very common opinion BvS was bad

I dunno about vs GL or JH, but yeah, BvS was really bad.
>>
>>81229383
I believe a more appropriate word than "arthouse-ish" would be "pretentious"
Especially since it's going for a broader concept of sophistication. It's more "museum exhibit on ancient Greece" than "arthouse"
>>
>>81229559
Because people dont need to be told they are different and already understand the contrast before evening buying ticket?

But then again we are shown the Wayne's deaths in every movie so that might not be the reason.
>>
>>81229559
Because thats the least of the problems in this shitfest of a movie
>>
To ask a simple question, do all kids have off for Easter Monday in the US? Because I saw lots of kids out for the day and we're past Spring Break for our school districts.
>>
>>81229495
And this one is right
>>
File: SWTFA.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
SWTFA.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
How is that a record for Monday when Force Awakens made 40 Million on it's first Monday? B v S didn't even pull in half of that.
>>
>>81229567
So, you admit IT IS JUST YOU and your opinion, not /co/.
>>
I haven't seen the film itself yet, only clips, but it appears that Batman kills at least 10 people.
>>
>>81229633
It might depend on the region, but no kids aren't usually out on the Monday after Easter.
>>
>>81229633
Most kids are on Spring break right now in the US. I work at an elementary school and we're off till next week
>>
>>81229559
A lot of people even here seem to think that it's impossible for Superman to be optimistic and well-intentioned.
And if you don't believe the character can have those traits, they might as well not be there at all, and that leaves you with BvS Superman
>>
>>81229316
Furious 7 had great legs, partially because of Dwayne Johnson, partially because of Paul Walker's death and partially because of the Wiz Khalifa tie-in song.
>>
>>81229680
>40 Million on it's first Monday
of March!!! Disney troll!!! M A R C H!!!

Learn2Read.
>>
>>81229680
But how much has gained so far? What would be the point where the JLA project is safe?
>>
>>81229737
Here's your 4(you)
>>
>>81229718
Isn't the whole point of modern Superman that he sees (or tries to see) the best in people, and acts accordingly?
>>
>>81229687
Stating that between 09 and the present I have not personally seen any suggestion that a majority of /co/ has any favorable opinion on the Death of Superman.

If it does exist it must be contained within threads discussing only that book as it has not washed into other threads as typically happens in other highly regarded works on this board.

To give a comparison during the height of Ultimates, Uncanny X-Force, Saga, or Morrison's Batman run it was hard to not see some mention of these books outside their already highly populated threads.

Where as for DoS I hardly ever see it mentioned at all, given as recommended reader except when asked about specially, or talked about in any other fashion other than "yeah that book exist".
>>
>>81229680
They seem to be grasping at straws here and trying to hype up the movie. But seriously, this was a Batman and Superman movie, two of the biggest names in comic book history with he added Wonderwoman, how do you say that getting 15mil on the first Monday is a good thing? It should be making TFA money, maybe even slightly less, but not this.
>>
>>81229694
Fair estimate.
>>
>>81229767
That wasn't in the movie I watched.
>>
>>81229725
It was also just a fun action movie that had 6 really good movies (some of them great) before it so people knew what to expect.
>>
>>81229733
>March

Oh wow, that's like being the smartest kid in the remedial class. The summer movie season doesn't even start till May. If they had done this in May or June or December or hell even April I'd be impressed.
>>
>>81229780
>this reply chain started with /co/
>Your still replying with only your opinion.
Keep digging.
>>
>>81229809
I was talking about the comic books, or at least the concept contained therein.
>>
>>81229767
I've seen plenty of threads here asking what Superman's appeal is, or if the character is still relevant. A lot of people either don't get Superman, or find his more upbeat characterization unbelievable.
>>
>>81229745
JLA is gonna happen regardless. It's the smaller movies that could get fucked by all this. WB execs will most likely think that if B v S can't outgross the likes of Minions then why even bother with big budget Cyborg , Aquaman and Green Lantern movies?
>>
>>81229840
I stated from the onset that I had never seen any love for DoS. Never claimed this to be a objective account only anecdotal.

You, if you're the actual person I first responded to, were the one making a general assumption of how /co/ views a particular work with zero evidence in support.
>>
>>81229831
>May. If they had done this in May or June or December or hell even April I'd be impressed
Yes summer or winter. When the kids are out of school and the weather is conducive to a watching a movie. Not only do you need to Leran2Read, you need to Listen2Urself.
>>
>>81229866
I think it's too early to say that. I'd be more worried if squad or WW don't do rival numbers to Marvel's films.

Audiences do love Wonder Woman, WB should atleast be able to see that.

Shazam probably safe with the Rock. Cyborg, Flash & Aquaman will be a concern.
>>
File: obamastarwars-163314.png (495 KB, 655x315) Image search: [Google]
obamastarwars-163314.png
495 KB, 655x315
>>81229796
President Obama, the leader of the free world, had storm troopers and R2D2 at the White House on TFA's opening night. He held a viewing party for himself and some soldiers that same night. No such event has ocured for B v S.

I don't think it's quite fair to compare the two.
>>
>>81229831
Welcome to modern day marketing. Every new blockbuster beats some new "records".

>biggest opening since last sunday!
>this movie made more money on a sunny wednesday afternoon than any other in the last 3 months!
>amongst the movies that features the main character eating a hot dog 73min into the movie it's by far the most successful amongst the 14-18 year olds!
>>
>>81229896
>zero evidence in support.
Ay carumba!!! count the storytimes and or request for link ...

https://desustorage.org/co/search/subject/Death%20of%20Superman/
>>
>>81229948
It's Batman vs Superman dude, it should be doing a hell of a lot better than it is, hell both franchises have been in the public consciousness much longer than a franchise that started in the 70s.
>>
>>81229945
Not Gadot though. She was fucking atrocious. Which is a feat in itself considering how little screentime and lines she had.

I just can't see how she's gonna carry a solo movie.
>>
>>81229974
follow-up ...

Remember that desustorage.org DOES NOT have items from the previous archive **moe** that folded.
>>
>>81229974
Two since 2013?
>>
>>81230024
see >>81230018
>>
>>81229330
It was.

The entire film is an incoherent mess. Shit happens for no reason. The characters, aside from Batman, have no motivations. The acting is absolutely atrocious and the script is juvenile. The film sacrifices narrative coherence and humanity for pretentious bullshit, with every other scene or line being an excuse to wax poetic about irrelevant obvious bullshit or to squeeze in some kind of hamfisted imagery that Snyder considers deep, often doing nothing but making the script feel artificial and slowing down the thrust of the film. The pacing is terrible, flicking back and forth through a convoluted mess of a script with more flab than pre-GotG Chris Pratt, so densely packed that it can't even be bothered with establishing shots. Worst of all, nothing that happens prior to the final act is remotely engaging. It's just boring. The film is 95% plodding pretentious nonsense, 1% good action scene, and 4% hilarious CGI shitfest.

BvS is a shit film. You can like the fights if you want. You can like Batfleck (he was literally the one good thing in there). You can like Batman and Superman and shoot fanboy jizz at the sight of them scowling at each other so hard that you don't care about how mind-numbingly terrible most of the film is.

But the film is poorly put together in all aspects. It is absolute steaming shit.
>>
>>81230024
also
this>>81229974 is a **subject** search.
**term search** will have more results.
>>
>>81229354
Something I've never understood about one of the pillars of hatred people point to with Man of Steel. What is actually so offensive about unsubtle Christ imagery? Two shots in the film are pretty blatantly meant to point to Superman as a Jesus figure. But so what? Is it actually that bad or is it just people trying to find things to hate about this film?
>>
>>81230046
Doesn't change anything. Two "storytimes" within three years is nothing.

Consider that Saga are it's debut was storytimed damn near weekly start to the current issue.

I'm sorry Anon but you're grasping at straws here. Maybe it's time to just admit you were wrong.
>>
>>81230090
Death of Superman is also fucking old you dumbass.
>>
>>81228770
>>81228837
Man of Steel's first monday earned over $12m, but it still ended well under $700m worldwide.

> its first four days of release

There's some wordplay going on here - its first four days of FULL release include Monday; but it was open for limited previews - that raised $24m - on Thursday night, just as Man of Steel was open on the Thursday before the official release and raised $12m (and it was open for a couple of days before that overseas, which is why the "opening weekend" international looks so big).

No, double the preview money doesn't mean double the overall gross. It just means they pre-released twice as many tickets for special showings. Yes, so that they could add it to the weekend results, like they did last time.

Man of Steel was also significantly cheaper to make and market than Batman vs Superman; if it even looks like it's tailing off early they're going to be shitting themselves about it at WB. Gotta keep that hype machine going with desperate non-records!
>>
Like it or not, we need BvS to do well so the DCCU can get legs when they replace Snyder.
>>
>>81229997
Both franchises have been in the public consciousness much longer and more relevant than Ant-man and Deadpool
If anything this is proof that marketing alone can never keep your project going. You have to actually offer a good product
>>
>>81230077
Anon, they released B v S on Easter weekend. And between the christ imagery and the events that occur at the end, the whole religious bullshit is out of control.
>>
>>81230090
Just stop '09. You're just embarrassing yourself.

You've dug yourself deep. You don;t even know the archives and it's history. Do you even Win-O?

You're really a /tv/ lurker here, aren't you? Were on to you.
>>
>>81229796
>It should be making TFA money

You can count the number of movies that make that kind of money on one hand and still throw up the middle finger. Two were directed by James Cameron. You're living in a fantasy land if you think anyone expected this to do that well.
>>
>>81229330
IM3 and Cap aren't really bad.
>>
>>81230142
They should have replaced him after is, but they didn't. Warner Brothers are going ride this pathetic horse for years to come because they don't want to admit they made a mistake and are going o be doubling down on this either way.
>>
>>81229521
The fuck are you talking about?

>the 4 Supes?
Reign of the Supermen is widely regarded as shit, but Superboy, Steel and Cyborg Superman went on to be used well later, so they have fans.

>WW not believing until he saw Bats despair in front of a computer?
From a story written years, if not over a decade after DoS?

Don't know about the Lex one, other than I remember reading these books back in the 90's, and Lex was actually pissed off that it wasn't him who killed Supes. He was also masquerading as his own son, and banging Matrix-Supergirl.
>>
>>81230072
Term search is worthless. Produces over 7k hits yet a simple ctrl+F only shows 16 instances of the phrase non-contexualized on the first page.

Did find this though. https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81106050/#81106050

Not exactly producing this fabled "favored" image in that thread...

>>81230122
So is Watchmen. Older in fact and still has more showings of people asking for or doing a storytime since 2013 than DoS.

Original premise was that /co/ has a favorable opinion of the Death of Superman. I'm still not seeing any evidence for that. Finding counter evidence actually.
>>
B-But I thought B v S was going to be the biggest film of 2016?
>>
>>81230142
Right, like we needed Catwoman and Superman Returns to do well so we could get the 2007 Superman/Batman movie and oh wait I see how this works.

We used to have taste, now we're just fanboys. Open your wallets everybody! Get those welfare dollarydoos flowing!
>>
>>81230212
*Cough*

https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81106050/#81106050
>>
>>81230077

Not that guy, but it's just kinda funny that a movie can take itself that seriously, but at the same time be so extremely obvious about it.

Like "we're deep and meaningful, and here's some 5th grader symbolism to back it up."
>>
>>81230201
Don't remember this sorta of criticism back when The Matrix released.
>>
>>81230132
so much words of damage control.
instead you could have said, "well it seems I was / we were wrong"

but nope.
>>
>>81230303
>we're deep and meaningful

Have the people involved in these movies ever said this? Because I hear this more from critics than actual works on the films.
>>
>>81230276
>>81229796
It's like people expect Ronald McDonald vs The Burger King with a special appearance by Colonel Sanders to kickstart the Foodfight Cinematic Universe.

It was never going to happen just because of notoriety. You all know who Frankenstein's monster is but it doesn't make you flock to see the latest remake and blow the box office out of the water.
>>
>>81229997
I'd agree that Warner Bros. is squandering DC Comics, but there's not much to be done about it.
>>
>>81230257
>the 4 Supes?
>Reign of the Supermen is widely regarded as shit...
Exactly the point that there were threads and post about it. (because he said '09 poster said he never saw any).

>From a story written years, if not over a decade after DoS?
Funeral For A Friend arc is not decade after DoS.

>Don't know about the Lex one
Also Funeral For A Friend
>>
>>81230364
I could have said something which was factually incorrect, but I actually finished highschool and understand how math works, so I didn't.

Keep on dreaming though. It's dreamers like you who make America great.
>>
>>81230353
That's because everyone knows that Neo isn't the One, Mr. Smith is.
>>
>>81230263
>desustorage
again see >>81230018
do you know moe?
>>
>>81228770
Shit movie makes money from retards News at 11
>>
>>81230381

Well there was that time at comic-con when Ben Affleck literally said the film was too smart for him to understand.

I don't fault them for trying to have themes, as opposed to the Avenger's more "tv-season-finale" approach, but they just seem to consistently bite off more than they can chew.
>>
>>81230364
But what is the problem? This movie will reach the billion smoothly.
>>
>>81229316
people are happy to compare a BvS movie to a Fast & Furious movie god how the mighty have fallen
>>
File: mahvel.jpg (71 KB, 960x663) Image search: [Google]
mahvel.jpg
71 KB, 960x663
>Universal's revamping their old cinematic monster universe starting with Dracula:Untold
>Sony has plans for a Men in Black/ / 21 Jumpstreet crossover
>FOX has their little Marvel Cinematic Universe

This is getting sad.
>>
>>81230430
Yes this was already pointed out to me but doesn't change the fact that between 2013 and now less than five threads have been created to storytime this story and only one of those was a request.

The claim is that /co/ likes the story. None of what I've been directed toward backs up that claim. None of what I have personally seen in the seven years I've frequented this board has indicated that either.

The only bit of relevant data I've found on this topic was a thread from four days ago where the consists throughout ranged from "meh" to "shit".

If your argument is now hinging off data that is unavailable and unverifiable then you don't have an argument Anon.
>>
>>81230263
>Original premise was that /co/ has a favorable opinion of the Death of Superman.
>favorable opinion
Defend it not favorable opinion.
You will read folks say that it is a classic Superman story but but have been done a lot better.
>>
>>81230507
Don't forget Transformers
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>DC makes box office record
>nobody cares
>marvel breaks box office
>HURR DURR IT PRINTS MONEY DKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH XDD

Yep, no shills here.
>>
>>81230545
>I meant every week ... (even though nobody said it happened every week)
Just stop!
>>
>>81230560
I believe "Defend" implies favorable. But I'll conceded that they may not be intrinsically the same thing.
>>
I honestly do not understand why it gets shit reviews. I loved this movie. I thought it was a ton of fun. I think reviewers just jump on the bandwagon so they get clicks and can stay relevant.
>>
>>81230581
What?
>>
>>81230568
It's because Marvel's records tend to be actual records, not getting the highest grossing Monday the day before a wind storm in Topeka, Kansas.
>>
>>81230067

I fucking love DC. I wanted to love this film so fucking much. But honestly, if you genuinely think this trash is better than IM3 or Captain America... then, you are deluded.

Fuck you Snyder, fuck you for pissing over Superman.
>>
>>81230628
>I fucking love DC
Sure you do buddy.
>>
>>81230218
>>81230628

I like the way no one is defending Thor. Thor is somehow better than BvS, but I'd rather sit through BvS again t.b.h.
>>
>>81230568
>30th highest grossing film on a Monday

sometimes you gotta know when to cut your losses and admit it's bad.
>>
>go to one place and people hate the film
>go to other place and people like the film
>both places claim the majority is on their side

which one do i believe
>>
>>81230641

Tell me you aren't disappointed at what that hack has done with Superman?
>>
>>81230671
Thor is taboo here, for some reason, be it muh comics or the hate for the admittedly annoying romcom aspects

But there's some excellent shit in there, Thor trying to get back the hammer with all those SHIELD guys around him and anything Loki are still good
>>
Marvel is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>81230728
believe in yourself
>>
Snyder v. Critics: Dawn of Shitting on 'em
>>
>>81230743
29% :^)
>>
>>81230728

Did you like the second Transformers movie?

If the answer is yes, there's a good chance you'll like Batman v Superman.
>>
>>81230783
There's that stuck up your own assole movie elitism again...
>>
>>81230828

>How dare you not like movies that suck!
>>
File: rofl Mao.jpg (83 KB, 381x280) Image search: [Google]
rofl Mao.jpg
83 KB, 381x280
>>81230620
>not getting the highest grossing Monday the day before a wind storm in Topeka, Kansas
>>
>>81230783
Transformers makes BvS look like a masterpiece. I don't think I've been more embarrassed to spend money on a movie ticket than ROTF.
>>
Honest question, why do people care about critic reviews so much, I mean the user rating is a better/ more honest way to see if a movie is good or not going by reviews?
>>
>>81230901

When you go to see a movie, look at the people around you. Would you trust their opinion?

People are morons. I'm not saying the critics are any better. Honestly, if the movie has piqued your interest just see it.
>>
>>81230779

28 now brah.
>>
>>81230967
>p-people are just stupid!

grow up
>>
>>81228770
Was this domestic only or domestic and international?
>>
File: 1459198306500.jpg (185 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
1459198306500.jpg
185 KB, 419x610
>everyone praising the movie for receiving a fuckton of money
>WB notices they're still raking in money despite reviews being shit
>mfw the rest of the DCEU will be Transformers tier movies with Snyder manning the entire thing
This is not a victory.
>>
>>81230901
Why would I trust a bunch of fanboys, the second the user score became available it jumped straight to 84% because apparently people were voting before even seeing it
Hell, if you check the user reviews you'll find a 4-stars one from *September* going "I bet critics will hate it but people will love it!"
>>
File: 1433111086042.png (142 KB, 401x300) Image search: [Google]
1433111086042.png
142 KB, 401x300
>>81230901
>user review is better
>somehow miraculously at 100% before the movie was even out
Yea fuck critics, what do people who get paid to analyze and assess movies know? I trust Batfan2002 who gave the movie a 100000000/10 because it had Batman in it.
Remember kids, DC stands for Damage Control.
>>
>>81230783
I absolutely despise everything I've seen of the Transformers movies but I enjoyed BvS

I don't really see how the two are comparable

Have you seen either?
>>
>>81231029
It hurts, /co/mrade.
>>
>>81230715
Best Monday in March, the month of release where the film has done record breaking numbers in nearly every day so far. Monday that beat Iron Man 3. It's dominating Fast 7 which did insane amount of money in a similar slot, which was almost unheard of at the time
>>
File: 1458682568515.png (404 KB, 1898x405) Image search: [Google]
1458682568515.png
404 KB, 1898x405
>>81229737
>>
>>81230507
Dracula: Untold was garbage in the same way Batman v Superman was with an incoherent plot and characters that didn't make sense.

>"Our soldiers are afraid of the monster that shows up on every night raid and ONLY DURING THE NIGHTRAIDS BECAUSE WE NEVER ATTACK DURING SUNLIGHT".
>"WELL I GUESS OUR SOLDIERS WILL GO BLINDFOLDED, THEY CAN'T FEAR WHAT THEY CAN'T SEE LOLOLOLOL"
>>
>>81231146
Iron Man 3 had a $174 millions domestic opening while BvS made 166, tho
>>
>>81231122
Not him, but I've seen both. The two are not very comparable, but they are both pretty similar levels of shit.
>>
>>81231146
Furious 7 had legs and a tie in song to keep people thinking of the movie.
>>
>>81229055
Avengers 1 made 207 million.
Age of Ultron made 193 million.
Iron Man 3 made 175 million.
BvS will probably end up making around 1.3 billion.
>>
>>81231300
These are openings, I don't think they include Mondays like BvS's $181 millions
>>
>>81231373
If you only take into count the opening weekend, BvS made 166 million, I think.
It'll make more or less the same as Iron Man 3.
>>
>>81231243
How so?
>>
DC fans are getting as bad as Bronies on here.
>>
>>81230009
Just copy what Snyder did with Superman. Have her stand around and let other people talk at her or how she impacts their lives. Mope around thinking about what she should or should not do and film some great action scenes.
>>
>>81231496
Snyderfags aren't DC fans. They're Snyderfags.
>>
>>81230465
>Well there was that time at comic-con when Ben Affleck literally said the film was too smart for him to understand.
Dude that was clearly Ben Affleck trying to insinuate they had made a 'smart' movie so it woudl seem like something with more substance than the competition. He was selling the flick with a joke.
>>
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>81230491
yeah, im disgusted. i like the fast and furious movies
>>
>>81229055

Deadpool made $152.1 million in its first four days. It also made $19.7 on its first Monday and beat BvS's combined Saturday/Sunday haul.
>>
>>81231734
The F&F movies put more honest emotion in a single scene than the entire DCU so far.

>But there's already SEVEN OF THOSE OUT THERE!
>>
>>81230671
Thor is better than BvS for three reasons:

1. An actual coherent narrative that isn't just a random assortment of whatever pretentious shit Snyder wants to vomit all over his audience an attempt to make himself look smart.

2. Actors that bother act. I'm not a huge fan of Hemsworth or Portman, but they at least offer basic acting. The only person in BvS who appeared to be even TRYING was Affleck. Gadot was a cringefest and Cavill it seems was never introduced to the concept of 'overacting'.

3. Characters with coherent motivations and, well, character.

Thor weight down by its underwhelming scope and romantic comedy trappings. It is, however, a functional story, unlike this pretentious shitshow.
>>
>>81231734
>liking F&F
how
>>
>>81231757

Deadpool didn't have the benefit of all those 3D screenings driving up numbers either.
>>
>>81231473
They both have shit characters and shit story? Like I said, I don't think they're very comparable.
>>
I didn't like the movie, but I honestly thought it wasn't THAT BAD, what really makes me hate it is i finally hit me.

This is it. This is the DCEU. Dour, cynical, sad, old, whashed out colors, darkness, tired heroes. This tone works for batman and no one else in DC, but then again, batman is the only one that matters, right guys?
>>
File: oji.png (10 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
oji.png
10 KB, 120x120
>>81231903
>it's shit because it's shit
>>
>>81231956
Good thing Superman is dead, then. All Batman all the time.
>>
>>81231029

Why people say that the rest of DC Films will be Transformers-tier?

Warner Brothers are letting the director do whatever fuck they want while the Transformer are handled only by Michael Bay. Even if the Zack Snyder's films are bad, you still have the David Ayer's films, the James Wan's films and whatever the fuck they've else.

I see this as a positive, even if some of them end up as super shitty. I want to see the directors give their vision of DC characters. The Tim Burton's Batman was different from the Joel Schumacher's Batman that was different from the Christopher Nolan's Batman. They all felt very distinct despite being based on the same subject and having the same characters. I like that. I want that.
>>
>>81229316
The difference being F7 had good reviews and the death of Paul Walker to prop it up. Unless WB assassinated Affleck in the next few weeks it's not really comparable
>>
>>81232077
Yeah i'm actually way more psyched for the non snyder touched shit like the flash movie, aquaman, wonder woman, and Shazam most of all.

Simply because Snyder is the core of this shit doesn't mean others can't do their own thing within the universe.
>>
>>81228770
>G-guys, look at this new record it's breaking
>>
>>81232071
and that's another thing. why not have doomsday and the death of superman after JL part one. the whole thing with doomsday was he was this unstoppable thing that wrecks the JL and superman is the earth's last hope. shit Wondy was doing pretty well, if superman hadn't been there she could have stabbed him with the krypto-spear.
not to mention it would have given superman more time with his JL comrades so they could mourn him more properly. at this point it's like

WW: yeah i knew him for 30 seconds, he asked if i was with batman

Batman:His mom's name was martha. RIP
>>
>>81232077
Well, Snyder IS producing all the other DCEU movies and it has been said before he's the tone setter for all the projects, so it's not like you can completely wash off the Snyder. The DCEU will never be clean, Justin. NEVER BE CLEAN, JUSTIN
>>
>>81232138

Right? I mean, if you look at Suicide Squad it is undeniable that David Ayer had complete control of the movie. The Joker SCREAMS David Ayer. They're very distinct from the aesthetic and tone of MoS and BvS.

>>81232178

I doubt that he has that much of control. The man himself said that they're letting the directors be free to do their vision and are just helping coordinate things. The Flash movie for example is done by comedic script writers and director and will have humor and a lighter tone. The Flash himself showed up joking in BvS.

So i dunno.
>>
>>81232164
Snyder said in an interview with IGN that literally the only reason he killed Superman was so that Batman could form the League himself and be it's leader before Supes comes back.

They pull in money, fan's tears, just to kill Superman. Rubbing our noses in shitty movies. All for Batwankery.
>>
>>81230901
>I mean the user rating is a better/ more honest way to see if a movie is good or not going by reviews?
You realize BvS had like over 100,000 10/10s on IMDB before the movie came out?

Critics may not be the top source of accurate criticism, but I'd take them over fanboys
>>
File: 1458744942777.jpg (55 KB, 626x438) Image search: [Google]
1458744942777.jpg
55 KB, 626x438
>>81232077
>Why people say that the rest of DC Films will be Transformers-tier?
>>
>>81228770
>Highest Monday opening in March
Wow, WB must be absolutely terrified to be planting such pathetic stories
>>
>>81230142
You realize what you're doing is literally shilling, right?

I'll never understand the irony of DCfags calling Marvel fans "shills", you guys pull this shit way more often
>>
>>81232164
>why not have doomsday and the death of superman after JL part one

Because they have better plans for the JL movies than spend time on a shitty villain like Doomsday as the main antagonist.
>>
>>81232261
>hey're very distinct from the aesthetic and tone of MoS and BvS.

i disagree completely. the bleak colors, dark cinematography, the edgy tone, it looks EXACTLY like MOS and BVS
>>
>>81232348

Executive Producer means shit and we've to see what he'll do as a producer.
>>
>>81232348
Anyone else find it weird Snyder gets the keys to so many high profile projects despite very little track record and even less POSITIVE track record? I mean, his first feature was a remake to the most important zombie movie, the came 300, whatever, and right after that fucking Watchmen? And then he was tasked with the entirety of the DCEU on his shoulders? How?
>>
>>81232269
I can't see Batman under all that Snyder spooge.
>>
>>81232390
>>81232390
fucking fine, so have the Death of Superman arc caused by Darkseid instead of Doomsday, just don't kill superman before any of his friends even become his fucking friends
>>
>>81232437
I get feeling most producers/studio heads have no idea what the fuck theyre doing and just pass the project to others and hope it turns a profit. Remember FOX gave Fantastic Four to Trank and he had ONE movie under his belt
>>
>>81232437
His wife is Hollywood producer. You know how nepotism and cronyism go along with these things.
>>
Snyder's autistic as fuck talking, but i think that what he meant is that with Superman being dead Batman has to reunite the heroes to save the world because Superman isn't around anymore.

Basically, a bad analogy to Christian shit with Batman being Saint Peter.
>>
>>81232491
>just don't kill superman before any of his friends even become his fucking friends

Why not?
>>
>>81230620
Yep those YouTube views were so important
>>
>>81232437
His wife is like a bigshot at WB or something.
>>
With this much bad reception there is no way in hell Justice League will get this amount of hype. Even the snyder fans are becoming smaller by the review.
>>
>>81232491
Who'd wanna be friends with this superman.

GL: Hey Clark, you wanna go out for a drink.

Superman: You know Hal, sometimes I think Superman was nothing more than a dead farmer's dream...this messianic burden on my shoulders weighs so heavily...

Flash:Goddammit, Clark
>>
File: joker-suicide-squad.png (788 KB, 1200x504) Image search: [Google]
joker-suicide-squad.png
788 KB, 1200x504
>>81232396
>i disagree completely. the bleak colors, dark cinematography, the edgy tone, it looks EXACTLY like MOS and BVS
It's dark because its full of villains. As for the bleak colors? dude look at any of the shots showing Harley Quinn or the joker (you know the colorful characters) theyre bright as shit. Joker alone sets itself apart from BvS dour shit.
And more importantly the color in general is shaded like the snyder films (which it's supposed to be because its suicide squad) but the actual style of the film couldn't be further apart. SS looks playful, joyous at times, full of humor and maybe some witty one liners. Characters banter instead of just threatening each other. If all you see is how literally bright the movie looks you are honestly fixating on the wrong element.
>>
I don't even remember TFA having this many articles saying "It's broken x record" and that made 2 billion
>>
>>81232667
That's a level of self-awareness that Zack Snyder is physically incapable of attaining.
>>
>>81232605
If superman is killed before theyre friends his death fails to have real meaning for them or even the audience to the same degree.
We have a dour angry superman who has not even really come into his own and is still this figure of controversy borderline mad god figure whose funeral is attended by his mom and two strangers.

If you did it way down the road hed have multiple JL movies under his belt, a number of heroic feats, and have formed relationships with the other characters you have come to know. Therefore his death would actually have meaning and you could see the loss people felt for it.
You could have characters speak of who this man was and each deal with that death in there own way.

We got batman and wonder woman standing there just to be nice and not having any personal stake in the death whatsoever because they knew the guy for all of a handful of minutes.
>>
>>81228770
I liked it but seriously, the fuck is going? It's huge, then it drops like crazy, then it breaks more records. Can people just make up their minds?
>>
>>81232672
i see will smith playing deadshot as a dour "one last mission" veteran who doesn't wanna be there

i see jay courtney playing boomerang like a manic, genuinely creepily insane lunatic

i see a harley who looks like a southern louisiana white trash hooker ater a gang rape in the swamp

the only thing that looks okay is the joker but honestly i'm more sick of th joker than i am of lex luthor
>>
>>81232789
>i see jay courtney playing boomerang like a manic, genuinely creepily insane lunatic
Your'e beyond help
>>
>>81228842
>Cavill comes back from the dead
>Lands in front of Batfleck
>not sure what to say
>Batfleck hugs him actually.
I want this, and Terrior has said JL will be lighter since he doesn't have to deal with Goyer shit
>>
>>81232789
Okay so you don't like em. Not my fucking point, The diverse cast of characters may not be to your liking but the characterization of them as a whole and how they interact with one another and are presented to the audience is not in line with Snyders last two superman films.
>>
>>81232780
To be honest, we're not really going to have an idea until this weekend
>>
>>81231100
>Yea fuck critics, what do people who get paid to analyze and assess movies know
>this is the logic of someone who holds critics in high regard

Its like they think critics had to go through a strenuous degree or apprenticeship program to become critics, providing them with knowledge far beyond that of us mere mortals.

>>81231956
The only reason you think this works for "Batman" and only Batman, is because you saw The Dark Knight, a Batman movie that went this route, instead of growing up with Adam West Batman, instead. My guess is that you're using the Donner movie, as a measurement of what Superman is "supposed" to be.
>>
>>81232908
>Its like they think critics had to go through a strenuous degree or apprenticeship program to become critics, providing them with knowledge far beyond that of us mere mortals.
Yeah no. It's literally a matter of "Who is more likely to have good taste in movies, someone that watches a few hundred movies a year, or someone that only watches 6 movies a year, all capeshit, is biased because of arbitrary parent companies, and is willing to vote a movie as 10/10 before its even out".

You don't have to have a degree in film to be a film critic, but you DO have to watch a wider variety of genres and directors than fanboys will ever have to.
>>
>>81228770
>Dancing around the fact it's only the best monday in March

This is getting really sad.
>>
Ok maybe Im just an idiot but could someone explain to me WHY Lex Luthor hated Superman? Because it felt like his motivation changed every 20mins.
>>
>>81233025
With this logic, you might as well assume, that /tv/'s opinion is 10/10 and that /a/ waifu otaku have god-tier taste in animation.
>>
File: its black, folks.jpg (124 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
its black, folks.jpg
124 KB, 600x338
>>81229680
>>
>>81232764
The death works just fine as it is because of how instrumental it is to inspire Batman to be a better hero. Bruce was at the bottom of his barrel, but Superman gives him the confidence and renewed passion to be a hero by breaking Bruce's cynical world vision. Superman goes from being an alien who is to be feared to a man just trying to do good, going as far as sacrificing his life to save Earth, giving Batman inspiration to aspire to get back on the horse and protect Earth in his place. That type of strangely brief but intimate comrades in arms relationship that they form has the proper gravitas to sell Superman's death as meaningful and with concrete consequences, without needing several people mourning and giving speeches.
>>
>>81232077
>loud, uncoordinated fight scenes saturated with explosions and shit CG effects
>incompetent directors who confuse explosions with plot
>both are critically panned and the general consensus is they're shit, despite having a large dedicated following
This is what I'm getting from it.
>>
>>81233084
It was very broad strokes.
Lex sees all power as corrupt.
From his dad being abuse, to the government, to even himself.
He projects this idea onto Superman as well, and is willing to kill Superman to prove himself right.
>>
>>81232667
Would Hal be the love interest too?
>>
>>81232269
It's not even batwankery. it's saying that batman could never lead the JL if superman was there! why not? he's the smartest, and it's not like he's still not outclassed by all the others, he's standing next to fucking wonder woman. 5,000 years of war and combat experience and the strength to almost match superman
>>
>tfw if you had the slow mo scenes in regular speed the flick would be < 2 hrs

Snyder is a fucking hack, god damn.
>>
>>81228770
Good, but oh boy these records are getting out of ham. Next thing will be "biggest box office around 2pm-7pm" or some similar shit.
>>
>>81233148
It was a plot device. But honestly it was cheap and unecessary character motivation.

You don't need superman dying to make Batman want to unite these 'metas' to protect the earth. You can get to that arc just fine with him sparing superman because of that moment of relation between them, then fighting Doomsday together.
Sure the death serves a purpose in the film. But again its a cheap one and it would have served a far greater purpose and had a much more immense impact on audiences if it was something built up to. Not just shoved into the second film then basically resolved a second before the credits.

Superman going from an alien who is to be feared to a man just trying to do good has far more meaning if it isn't just one guy he just met realizing this to be the case.
>>
>>81233148
I like the movie but no, the death of superman don't work. the line from Bruce at the funeral feel force and have absolutly no impact.
>>
>>81233191
Which perhaps represents the biggest problem this film has: ITS SO UNFOCUSED
>>
Has anyone beaten the minigames on the Lex Corp website?
>>
>>81233106
>With this logic, you might as well assume, that /tv/'s opinion is 10/10 and that /a/ waifu otaku have god-tier taste in animation.
Yeah no/ /tv/ and /a/ watch TV and anime like /co/ reads comics; 30 seconds at a time to justify memes and shitposts, and no more than that.

Which is exactly why you fags eat Snyder shit up so much. He uses a single panel from a single book, that means he's an expert and respecting the source material!
>>
This is the only version of the DC universe where Superman leads over Wondy in neck snaps.
>>
>force my brother to stay for 10 extra minutes till all the credits roll
>no after scene

well that would have been useful to know
>>
>>81233374
>ITS SO UNFOCUSED
At this point Sony, WB and Marvel had been guilty of this to some degree at one point or another.

The thing with comic adaptations, is that the stories already exist. This means there is temptation to cram as much into a movie as you can, just because the stories are already there. Spiderman 3, ASM2, Avengers: AoU, Green Lantern, and now BvS all try to fit at least two comics worth of stories if not more into one 2.5 hour film slot. And the best you ever get out of it is an okay movie, it can never be great. And at worst you get a mess that couldn't be salvaged.
>>
>>81230067

You want to actually like, give any examples, instead of just spouting off a paragraph of buzzwords?

>bothered with establishing shots

Oh jeez, I'd noticed that one person these past few days kept complaining in these threads about a lack of establishing shots. Who gives a shit? They have nothing to do with quality.
>>
>>81230218

Cap was wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
>>
>>81233611
>not going on wikipedia, skipping to the end of the plot description and quickly averting your eyes at the last paragraph to make sure you see "In a post-credits sequence" or not

Pleb
>>
File: 1422252783014.jpg (151 KB, 555x672) Image search: [Google]
1422252783014.jpg
151 KB, 555x672
>>81233304
>Good, but oh boy these records are getting out of ham.
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=superherosmackdown.htm

It's not gonna beat Iron Man 3.
>>
batman dies again
>>
>>81233860
batman and superman together can't beat iron man.

we live in interesting times, /co/
>>
>>81233655
>ASM2, Avengers: AoU, Green Lantern, and now BvS
The big difference, to me, between Avengers: AoU and those other films is that AoU is Marvel's 11th movie. 11th. While I agree there were things that could have been downplayed or left out (like, Thor only needed one dream sequence), I feel like given that it was their 11th movie, they had long since proven themselves to the public, and with the direction Phase 3 is going to take, they are allowed a bit of leeway for when it comes to future events

These movies you mention try to cram in all that shit in their SECOND movie. They are planning a decade ahead when they've only got two films in the books (or in GL's case, 1) because they are sooooo desperate to catch up to that sweet sweet Avengers money. I don't remember movies like TDK, X2 or Spider-Man foreshadowing more than they had to, hell Marvel's second movie was fucking Incredible Hulk.
>>
>>81233463
/a/ will tell you to fuck off if you've seen less than 200 anime, and their taste in animation is appropriately so awful that I wouldn't admit to even watching what they like in public. /a/ is the anti-/co/, and is as elitist and intolerant of clueless newcomers as /co/ is casual.
>>
>>81233611
they announced there was no after credits scene months ago dummy
>>
File: 920x1240.jpg (65 KB, 920x683) Image search: [Google]
920x1240.jpg
65 KB, 920x683
>>81233923
>batman and superman together can't beat robert downey Jr.

Makes sense to me
>>
>>81233698
The movie was just meh, but this part was gold!
>>
>>81233698
>we will never see this costume even though it was actually perfect
>>
You know what's pathetic? I saw Supergirl the other day, and there's a scene where she flies down and helps a girl that's being bullied, and it was more of a superman moment than anything in the whole oof BVS. for all of its shitty effects, that shows gets superman more than snyder does
>>
File: 1386448815624.jpg (16 KB, 346x305) Image search: [Google]
1386448815624.jpg
16 KB, 346x305
>>81232672
>yfw the snyderverse has more cooperation, fun and possibly even camaraderie between the villains while the heroes are hypocrite and selfish roidmonkeys that refuse to even talk to each other.

Is this the darkest timeline?
>>
>>81228770
>/co/ says this will flop
>the next day, BvS keeps making millions
/co/, have you ever wondered if it is your negative opinions that make people check by themselves if the movie is good or bad? I mean,you wouldn't trust a neckbeard would you?
>>
>>81234018
what I find horrible is that all bailouts of Superman in BVS are treated so cold, disinterested and without any epic quality.

Snyder shows them quickly at the Tg, just to show us that Superman, yes, saves people, but there is no emotional connection with the audience.

There was more love for Superman even in Supes return, despite the quality of the movie.
>>
>>81234018
You wish there was a Superman to defend you from bullies when you were a child? Tough luck, it's a fictional character.
>>
>>81234612
No one cares for comments written here. People go to see this movie anyway.
>>
>>81234018
I actually like superman saving the world instead of caring about dumb kids.
>>
>>81234707
>we're not socially relevant
B-but Moot said...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.