[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cartoons recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: qm.jpg (52 KB, 678x470) Image search: [Google]
qm.jpg
52 KB, 678x470
I want to watch some comfy cartoons, but have no idea which ones would suit my tastes. Can /co/ recommend my any? Preferably with 1-2 sentence summary of what said cartoon is all about?
>>
>>81227231
Pickle and Peanut

A pickle and a peanut who are 17 get into crazy hijinks. It sounds zany and wacky but the episodes become more laid back and almost Spongebob like towards the middle of the season.
>>
File: Wander.gif (599 KB, 426x239) Image search: [Google]
Wander.gif
599 KB, 426x239
Wander Over Yonder is a fantastic throwback to old Looney Tunes-style stuff. Great animation and humor.
>>
>>81227231
Over the Garden Wall

- two brothers lost in the woods must find their way home. Don't mind the tumblry look of it, it's a really great mini series.
>>
>>81228629
Forgot summary:
A space hippie and his cynical alien steed travel the galaxy helping people and pissing off a childish galactic conqueror by trying to befriend him.
>>
File: SU.jpg (25 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
SU.jpg
25 KB, 600x300
Steven Universe

A team of magical girls train a little boy, who is their first male member. Pic related ensues.
>>
File: 1446688011790.gif (949 KB, 497x345) Image search: [Google]
1446688011790.gif
949 KB, 497x345
>>81227231
We Bare Bears

Three bear brothers living in California trying to fit in with humans. Comedic and cute.
>>
File: 1449806059562.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449806059562.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>81227231

I'll include Anime because why not.

Anime Movies:

>Spirited Away
>Castle in the Sky
>Nausicaa
>Akira
>Millennium Actress
>Perfect Blue
>End of Evangelion
>5cm Per Second
>The Girl who Leapt through Time
>Grave of the Fireflies

Anime TV shows

>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
>Cowboy Bebop. Soundtrack is unreal.
>Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's one hell of a trip.
>Shingeki No Kyojin. Entry-core, but guilty pleasure, ongoing
>Death-note
>Watamote. Protagonist is literally a girl version of an anon
>League of Galactic Heroes.
>Welcome to NHK
>One Punch Man (ongoing)
>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Western Cartoon Movies

>Anything by Pixar except the Cars franchise, Good Dinosaur, or Monsters University
>Fantasia. For the unparalleled design beauty.
>Waking Life. For the philosophical elements.
>Mary and Max. Because of the underlying warmth
>Waltz with Bashir. Holy shit that ending.
>The Adventures of Prince Achmed. Earliest surviving animated movie.
>It's such a Beautiful Day. You'll feel.
>Persepolis. Read the book if you can too.
>Song of the Sea. I'm Irish, so may be biased.
>Beauty and the Beast. Best narrative Disney film.

Western Cartoon shows.

>Avatar the Last Airbender. Great three season tiered adventure with unbelievably good action scenes and lore.
>Gravity Falls. Hilarious comedy mystery show with a surprising amount of hear.
>Ed Edd N'Eddy. Perfected episodic cartoons with 10/10 sound design and editing.
>Simpsons up to Season 10
>Rick and Morty. Not as good, but definitely an inventive cartoon with some laughs in there
>Samurai Jack. Some of the best action scenes in animated history.
>Johnny Bravo. The absolutely perfected anti-hero. He's a complete asshole, but he's utterly compelling and hilarious.
>Over the Garden Wall. The animation is indeed comfy, and it has some magnificent music.
>Batman the Animated Series. So good half the original stuff became universally accepted canon.
>Moral Orel. You aren't prepared.
>>
>>81227231
Clarence.

An energetic oddball boy and his two friends, Sumo and Jeff, go on adventures around their neighborhood. Hijinks ensue.

I second everything else in this thread. It's all good.
>>
Here's my top three.

>Ed Edd N'Eddy.

It's about three outcasts all with the same name who constantly concoct bizarre schemes and scams on their fellow neighbourhood kids to screw them out of their money and get Jawbreakers. These plans inevitably go haywire.

>Avatar

In the midst of a hundred year war, a brother and sister discover a boy frozen in the ice. He is thawed and revealed to be the Avatar, the only one who can stop the Genocidal plans of the Fire Nation from coming to pass. The three must race to master all the elements to confront the Fire Lord.

>Gravity Falls

Two twins, an introverted boy with a penchant for mystery, and an extroverted girl with an eternal optimism, are shoved off to their conman Great Uncle's Tourist Trap for the Summer. The boy discovers a book in the heart of the woods, telling of the Supernatural and conspiracies that lurk within the town. Turns out their Great Uncle has a few secrets too...
>>
>>81227231
Steven universe.
A kid has magic powers from his mom the alien space rock. Lives with his mom's friends who are also alien space rocks.
Gravity falls.
Twins try and discover the secrets of a town and end up finding that the greatest mystery is how inportant family is.
>>
File: ivor-2.jpg (76 KB, 402x261) Image search: [Google]
ivor-2.jpg
76 KB, 402x261
Ivor the Engine.

The day-to-day goings-on of a Welsh train driver and his sentient vehicle, who is part of the local choir. There's a dragon introduced later on, but he's only little and quite well-behaved.
>>
sanjay and craig
a boy and his pet snake have wacky gross adventures with neighborhood kids

phineas and ferb
two step-brothers spend summer vacation building outrageous contraptions while their older sister tries to bust them. and their pet platypus is a secret agent.
>>
>>81228866
>Perfect Blue
I wouldn't call that one comfy.
>>
>>81231603

>Not kicking back to psychedelic murders

What are you, gay?
>>
>>81227231
http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/17325351458/cartoon-recommendations
>>
File: SU Pearl is a sub for Garnet.png (97 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
SU Pearl is a sub for Garnet.png
97 KB, 500x281
>>81228741
Don't forget sexy dancing.
>>
File: cc16.jpg (141 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
cc16.jpg
141 KB, 905x1280
Swat Kats

Two vigilante pilot Kats fighting against monster of the week under subtext of political decadence and corruption.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.