[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you have fixed it, /co/? I would've shaved 15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: JUST.jpg (64 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
64 KB, 900x563
How would you have fixed it, /co/?

I would've shaved 15 mins off the runtime and focused more on Bats
>>
Haven't seen yet but...
> Given time for Clark to actually speak at one of the hearings and state to the world his genuine desire to help people. Have him state, he doesn't do it for the appreciation nor glory or worship, he does it because it is the right thing to do.
> Have Jesse played Lex cold, calculating and sarcastic as he was in The Social Network & Now You See Me and not like a tic prone, socially awkward drug addict.
>>
>>81226864
>I would've shaved 15 mins off the runtime

WELL LA DI DAH MISTER GENEROUS
>>
>>81227036
Adding to this...
> Not have had Bruce kill anyone, manslaughter or otherwise.
> Kept the communion scene in.
>>
I'd cut out the entire Superman death ending. It doesn't really add anything when you've had one death fakeout earlier and you know he's totally coming back for the next film anyway
>>
>>81226864

>>81227109
>Keep bat of murder.
>Change the first batman vs thugs scene into a "vengeance" theme
>Instead of superman being bashed by the people, make batman the morally dubious character to the public
>Daphne Pennyworth dies in the metropolis event. Bruce was engaged to her.
>2 years later, Vicky Vale was dating bruce
>She dies in the capitolio bombing
>After the bats vs supes, Clark begs to save his mother (no martha bulshit. Altough it was kind of clever). He knocks him out and restrains him.
>Alfred proceeds to snoop around the conversation and confirms the hostage
>Brings martha to Clark
>Emotional scene
>Superman gives a speech to the trinity before stabbing doomsday. He has to do it, its the only way. The right way.
>Batman yells Clark when he dies.
>After funeral. Batman tracks down Zsasz. 2 adults dead on the floor, he is about to kill a young kid. Batman takes him down and grabs Zsasz knife and holds in on his throat.
>He reflects and bring him to justice instead of killing him. The kid runs and hugs his bat leg.
>"He killed them" sobbing
>"What's your name, son?"
>"Timothy"
I mean, might as well be a batman film.
>>
>>81226864
Cut the Flash alternate future thing. I don't care what movie it's setting up, it's unnecessary and confusing

That's... About it? Maybe toss out a dream sequence or two, or the MoS recap.
>>
Just make a solo Batman movie.
Everything else about the movie was awful.
And when did Clark realize Batman was Bruce Wayne?
>>
Remove the portion with Lois throwing the spear into the water then nearly drowning trying to get it back 5 minutes later. That shit made no sense to me and took up at least 15-20 minutes. As for the rest, I can't really think of a way to fix Lex without removing him altogether and getting someone else.
>>
>>81226864
Cut anything related to Superman, and just make a Batman x Wonder Woman film (But staying away from the Murderman angle for Bats)
>>
>>81227572
Assuming? I mean the same reason that Wolverine has his claws back. Because you can fill the blanks if you know the character, stupid. Yeah is ridiculous but you won't get any other coherent answer other than "he met him in the party, and he has xray vision so there"

>>81227581
Exactly. I thought I was the only one. Question: did she meet clark after throwing the dagger? I would assume he told her doomsday was kryptonian at some point, but can't remember well. I think he only said it to batman and/or WW. If that didn't happened then what the fuck Zack snyder? Whe Amy adams read the script that she was in i wonder how she reacted whe she saw find dagger, plot scene, throw dagger to the pond, plot scene, walk out of the building, plot scene, realizes supes needs the dagger, plot scene, go to the pond and drown, supes notices her, she is rescued and pulls superman up. Supreme writing tight there.
>>
>Show Batman before he'd gone completely psychotic and started branding people, or at least establish that it's a recent development better.
>Have Lex cool and controlled when in public, talking to senators etc
>Remove the stupid bullets side plot
>Have Supes going to senate hearing to answer for metropolis in general
>Have Batman decide superman isn't the bad guy for literally any other reason.
>>
>>81226864
My biggest complaint is Wonder Woman opening all those email things one by one. That should be moved post-credits if it has to exist
>>
>>81227762
It was a long ass movie and filled with so many 30 second scenes that didn't matter for shit
>dream sequences
>Lois investigating the bullet
>the African army thing when the senate should have reviewed the MoS incident
They could spare to explain shit
Like how Bruce even knew about Kryptonite or that it hurt Superman
>>
>>81227569
>or the MoS recap.

MoS recap was a cool idea but the execution got muddled in explaining why Bruce was really there?
>>
>>81226864
Take out the whole Africa subplot. Add the deleted scene that shows lex communicate with apokolips. Keep Lois out of Gotham.
>>
>focused more on Bats
He already got all the fucking focus
>>
>>81228005
>Like how Bruce even knew about Kryptonite or that it hurt Superman

They did explain it you faget. The movie sucks for other reasons
>>
>>81228005
>Like how Bruce even knew about Kryptonite or that it hurt Superman

That one actually was explained though. He got it through Lex's archives when looking for the White Portuguese.
>>
>>81226864

Take out the Africa subplot and the Superman hearings stuff. Cut the scene with John Kent. Literally should cut off 30 minutes and the movie would have been a 10/10 as of right now it's a 6/10 for me. It's actually pretty great and better than critics would have you believe.
>>
>>81226864
>Cut Lois Lane entirely from the movie. She serves no purpose whatsoever
>Either cut Wonder Woman entirely, or actually give her a reason to be there. Maybe have her break up the fight or something, just give her a reason to exist other than the stupid "Lex has a picture of me" bullshit.
>Cut the dream sequences. All of them. I get it, you're desperate to set up a cinematic universe. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to try and shove a bunch of buildup for future movies in at the expense of stuff that's important to the movie currently going on.
>Let Superman actually be Superman. Rather than all the stupid, hamfisted Jesus imagery, actually explore the human side of the character. That's the part that makes him interesting.
>Instead of hammering home how crazy and weird Luthor is, maybe explain why he does anything that he does in the movie. The deleted Communion scene is a start, but even with that included, everything regarding his motivation is pure speculation
>Cut the Death of Superman stuff entirely. I'll grudgingly accept the Dark Knight influence because it can be made to work, but basing your Justice League foundation on The Dark Knight and The Death of Superman is the most pants-on-head retarded idea I've ever heard.
>flesh out Bruce's motivation a bit more. He was probably the best part of the movie, but he's still somewhat ill-defined and horribly out of character for a good chunk of the movie.

I don't know, that's a start, at least. Still needs a lot more work to make it good, but there's at least a passable framework to build on if you cut all the extraneous shit out and work on fixing characterization issues. I still think it's just a terrible idea from the start and should have been a complete do-over after Man of Steel.
>>
>>81226864
> take Eisenberg out.
> make Affleck Lex
> Affleck sees carnage at The Lexcorp building
> finds kryptonite builds warsuit
> BTFO Superman

> edit out Doomsday and all the JL crap.
>>
Reveal that Luthor was working with the Apokolips New Gods. Kalibak or Kanto taking KGBeast's role to lure and capture Batman. Batman getting brainwashed by Granny to fight Superman (feeding him that Apokolips-Earth delusion). Glorious Godfrey leading the media blitz against Superman, planting evidence, etc. All this was to prime Earth to get Apokolips-ed. Doomsday just a backup in case the Batman-Superman fight ends with no casualties, and possibly to escape attention of the New Genesis New Gods.
>>
>>81228095
He was looking for the shipment because it had the Kryptonite. They never explained why he was trying to find it until he revealed that he wanted the Kryptonite.
>>
Honestly, I don't think cutting will improve the movie that was presented. If anything, storylines were underdeveloped, and I don't really think any of them can be cut.

I'm hoping the 3 hour cut clarifies some things. I'd maybe add an action scene between the batmobile chase and the greates gladiator match in the history of the world.
>>
>>81228299
WW breaks up Batman-Superman fight, surprising Batman. She reveals her investigation into the New Gods. Doomsday happens, killing Superman as usual. Rework Luthor's metahuman files into information that Batman finds in the end, along with a mother box. Sequel hook: New Genesis New Gods are alerted to Apokolips activity on Earth by Batman and WW, possibly revealing that they know how to bring Superman back.
>>
>>81228484
presumably, cutting scenes would make room for important plots to get fleshed out more fully. As it stands now there are a ton of scenes in the movie that serve no purpose other than to try and hastily set up the rest of the universe, and those are scenes that would make more sense at the end of the movie or in post-credit sequences rather than jammed right into the middle of the movie.
>>
File: 2913290-2653109-can.png (443 KB, 437x1000) Image search: [Google]
2913290-2653109-can.png
443 KB, 437x1000
>Opening montage stays the same
>Make Lex's motives and manipulation of Supes and Bats more clear
>Bats doesn't kill at all in the film
>Bats/Supes fight way earlier, but Supes wins initially
>Nightmares are cutout
>Flash BS is cutout
>Political stuff was neat, so keep that in there, but a tad bit faster
>Bats goes into training montage
>Supes wants to talk the entire time instead of losing his cool after 5 seconds
>Bats beats Supes into submission
>Instead of the whole "Martha" BS, we go with Bats about to murder Supes
>Supes mom is actually there instead of Lois and tries to speak out to Bats
>Alfred also speaks to Bats over the mic to get him to stop "killing a son in front of his mother"
>Final fight is a bit cleaner and shorter
>That spear into the water was bullshit. Have Supes go back to get it, hands it off to Bats and WW finishes off Doomsday
>Supes obviously doesn't die
>Some of the world still hates Supes, but he has friends in Bats and WW now
>Congregation is left in and made clearer
>WW reveals she's been recruiting for an incoming threat. She cryptically lists off the Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman
>>
>>81228825
I get your point, but what scenes specifically I was having trouble pulling any.

Definitely cut Lois out of Gotham and the spear in the water nonsense, but beyond that I'm not sure. I like Lex, the senator and the scoot mcnairy subplot.

I like Adams as Lois but I'm gonna have to agree that the bullet subplot should be cut, it serves no purpose and it just characters catching up to the audience
>>
>>81226864
Pretty much this. The start could have been better paced and Affleck, for me, was the most introducing thing about the film so I would have prefered a few more short scenes of him. That, or a speech delivered to Superman during the fight. Not necessarily as harsh as in TDKR but something to further highlight his paranoia and xenophobia (I guess?). A juxtaposition if "Oh, I'm not the human one here, afterall" might not appeal to all but I think it would be a neat way of quickly summing up his character.
>>
>>81226864

See that's my biggest problem. It made people give less of a shit about Superman. We needed the opposite, Zack!
>>
>>81228327

>Learned about Kryptonite while searching for the White Portuguese
>Was only looking for the White Portuguese because it had the Kryptonite shipment

We just need to accept that Batman, Lex Luthor, and Superman all read the script beforehand and that's how they knew everything they needed to know.
>>
>>81229318
The dream sequence stuff in particular is pretty much entirely extraneous. Flash talks about Lois being the key to everything, but Lois has basically nothing to do with the movie, so the only logical conclusion is that they're referencing the plot of a movie that doesn't exist yet. The fact that they made that a dream sequence just makes it even more baffling. The "knightmare" sequence is visually striking, but despite the Omega symbol and the parademons it makes it pretty clear that Superman is the threat that Batman is fighting, and again seems to be setting up the plot of a movie that doesn't exist yet, without giving information on Darkseid or anything that would actually be useful information to set up.

Also, the batmobile chase sequence seems thrown in just because somebody in production demanded a batmobile chase scene. It has no impact on the plot other than Superman warning Batman (which could have been done anywhere else), and the actual point of the scene (stealing the kryptonite) happens off-screen.

I don't mind the senate subplot, but I don't think it actually adds anything to the movie other than cheap drama and a way to say "look how evil Lex is, he blew up congress!" It's kinda portrayed as the final straw that tips Batman over the edge, but I don't think it's particularly sensical for that to be the case, as Superman had nothing to do with it other than doing the right thing and showing up, and even in-universe they immediately clear him of blame. If anything, that should have been the point where Bruce realized something was amiss and started digging deeper.

The opening scene in the desert also doesn't really seem to serve any purpose, other than as a way to justify the reveal that Lex knows Superman's secret identity, but that doesn't get used in a particularly interesting or relevant way, either.
>>
>>81226864
cut most of the vision scenes, expanded on the characters motivations, introduced the JL members in a different manner than just videos, made some scenes longer, more exposition because audiences are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>81226864
Make Superman a happy, energetic rabbit
Make Batman a sly, smug fox.

Then I'd make it into a buddy cop movie.
>>
>>81226864
Should been called DAWN OF JUSTICE instead
>>
>>81226864

I'd remove all the Justice League stuff. It wasn't bad, but it really derailed the plot with Batman v superman and could have been replaced with fleshing out Supes / Batman more.

Maybe slap the Batman Knightmare scene as some kind of after credits easter egg or something instead.
>>
>>81226864
In all honesty, it takes some talent to make superman the new aquaman joke. I didn't think people could give less of a fuck about superman than they already did, but somehow, snyder managed to succeed. That's really fucking impressive.
>>
I have a suggestion

Since /co/ has drawfags and write fags

why don't we make a comic that redoes the movie better?

It could be short like injustice
>>
>>81226864
-Fix lex. Recast him as an actual adult who isn't overtly psychoatic and just fucking hates superman. Make it so he accidentally created Doomsday because him intentionally creating a monster to kill supes with no forethought to wonder what happens if it wins is stupid.

-The 5 minute WW cameo Email is an after credits sequence, and shit bruce set to WW after the climax

-Superman doesn't die. Fuck you Snyder, it's way too early to pull Death of Superman shit here. He wasn't the heart of this film or anything. Just make him hand the Kryptonite spear to WW and she stabs Doomsday to death

-Make the Batman V superman fight better/longer. Should have been more gadget use from batman. Before ending it with Kryptonite and a beatdown like TDKR

-Give superman more scenes than just "contemplating if I'm doing the right thing" and "muh Lois". Would have liked t see him present his case more clearly

-Dont have batman directly shoot anyone besides that one flamethrower guy. I dont need to see Batman's body count get that high. Or hitting dudes with the batmobile.

-Change the MARTHA scene to batman not going completely crazy over his moms name and have superman properly explain the situation he's in. But dont make them friends yet either "I'm a friend of your sons" shouldn't have happened because there's no reason they should be friends at this point.

The film should have ended on Bruce and Clark reconciling thier differences and Clark assuring to the best of his abilities that he only wants to help humanity. Then he should've went on air and said that to the people so we could get off of this annoying "is Superman really helping us" shit.
>>
I honestly don't think you can. The biggest problem is there's no tonal/ideological contrast and that's a problem that extends back to the last movie. It's a core tenet of this entire franchise.

Which is why I think even if they announced they were removing Snyder from Justice League in the next five minutes, it wouldn't matter. Just like how replacing Goyer with Terrio turned out to not matter; the framework is still too flawed to salvage.
>>
>>81226864

Cut out the dream sequences, Make the Flash cameo the after credits, Have Bruce be the one the watch surveillance vids on the League, restore the Communion scene and scenes of Clark in Gotham, fix the editing + add establishing shots/extend the opening of certain scenes to make the scene transitions less abrupt.
>>
>>81226864
Take out Batman. Take out Wonder Woman. Make separate movies about both of them (preferably without Batfleck killing people because fuck it ala Keatonman). Dump the rest.
>>
>>81226864
Remove superman

Make it a WW vs Batman movie
>>
Remove all of it. Make it a gripping courtroom drama about two jewish lawyers facing off in the trial of the century
>>
>>81229821
Did you watch the movie? He spent a good portion of it assuming that the White Portuguese referred to a person. He discovered it was a Lexcorp ship by tracking KGBeast and learned about the Kryptonite from Lex's archive.
>>
>>81226864
Follow what the title implies. Make Superman a character again; have him smile. Cut out Lex Luthor other than a name mention. Just focus on Batman and Superman interacting (more than once before their final fight) and clashing ideologies. It really shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>81227109
What was the communion scene?
>>
>>81231639
deleted scene released yesterday. SWAT team shows up to arrest Lex while he's chilling in what looks like a pool of blood talking to a hologram of an alien that may or may not be Steppenwolf.
>>
>>81231760
Well that sounds incredibly important to the plot. Also isn't a rated R verion coming to blu ray?
>>
Done Batman/Superman: public enemies and Worlds Finest Mashup instead.
>>
Put up New Frontier instead.
>>
Fire the editor.
>>
>take out dream scenes
>remove Batman gunning down thugs

Or
>remake dreams into flashbacks and show why Batman has given up on his ways

That is only if you must have him be this trigger happy guy and maybe make use of the Robin suit they clearly show.

>rewrite Lex, he should not be stumbling on words on stage
>stop using Louise as a way to move the story forward
>take out the Flash crap
>don't kill off Superman only to show him 5 minutes later coming back
>no reference to Darkseid from Lex
>write out inconsistencies
Such as Superman able to hear Louise pounding on cement, falling off a building, about to be shot and not being able to hear his mom. Also kryponite hurting him in 8 feet of water to the point Louise has to throw the spear away, yet he can fly across the battlefield right after while holding it.
>>
>>81226864
>How would you have fixed it, /co/?

Cold opening with Lois in Africa and Superman smashing in.

Flashback to Bruce seeing Superman fight Zod on 9/11.

Back-to-present to newspapers and talking heads about Superman causing the African region to explode with violence, bring in Kentucky senator.

Cut to old opening of Batman's first scene.

All dream sequences are cut into one, Bruce's visit to his parent's grave with man-bat cameo, the funeral march and fall into the batcave, and the Knightmare all become one scene.

Trim down every Lex scene into a montage.

Change Superman's dialog in the batman fight to "Save my mother. Lex Luthor has my mother, Martha Kent. Save her."

All these are plausible changes that could have saved the movie's release.
>>
>take out Knightmare, I don't care about how good it looks in the context of a sequel, focus on the current shit
>keep Communion scene in, explains why Lex is acting particularly nutty at the end
>stop cutting to scenes randomly: Bruce to Lois, Lois to Batman, Superman to Lex, most of the time it didn't move the plot forward
>no email scene
>no killing after he agrees to help Clark
>Supes talking in the courtroom scene
>really loved the teardrop in the courtroom explosion
>change Doomsday to Metallo, so Supes and Bats have something to fight at the end
>No death of Superman
>wondy is a post credit scene
>>
>>81226864

Pretty much sounds like my idea.

>contextualize the Knightmare sequence better
>cut all the other dream sequences
>change the placement of the JL preview clips to Bruce watching them immediately after Flash's warning when his files finish decrypting (or cut them entirely)
>shave down various scenes that overextend the "character looks broodingly into the distance" lingering shots
>put the Communion scene back in holy shit why was that not part of it.
>>
>>81227109
Don't worry they're all still alive! They're just recovering in the hospital :^)
>>
>make solo Superman and Bats movies 1st
>Bats movie tells "Death in the Family" story which shows why Bats is mentally unstable
>Bonus scene shows American spooks telling Supes that Bats is a problem that needs to be dealt with
>Supes movie deals with aftermath of Zod attack
>Lex manipulates some big battle in Gotham that causes destruction and makes Supes look bad
>Bonus scene shows Bats at Batcomputer pulling up info on Clark Kent; he already knows his identity, because he's the goddam Batman
>>
>>81226864
It's good as is.
>>
>>81229252
I agree this setup is better than the original. Batman shouldn't kill. Not as a hobby nor as a sport, not in rare "fuck you joker" occasions. Maybe only by accident, yes. By inevitable causes yes. But surely not because the mother of a murderer is in danger nor because the bad guys are escaping with the thing i want. No, absolutely not.

And if you are going to write a Batman that kills, I would like to see him back to his roots. Justice before vengeance. That's why I would add all of this >>81227525 .
It's not hard to write them. Superman should inspire hope and Batman should bring, above all, justice.
>>
>>81227036
This, plus

I liked that people actually cried during Superman funeral, but I would cut down all the slo-mo, and introduce JL clips during funeral. With shaking grave as a cherry on top
>>
>>81227572
>And when did Clark realize Batman was Bruce Wayne?
During the party when he heard him talking to alfred coupled with being able to see through batmans mask with x-ray vision.
>>
>>81226864
I would'ev removed Doomsday, and would focus more on Superman vs Batman part. Also, I wouldn't try to rush a set up for Justice League, which will suck.
>>
File: 1454218184624.jpg (41 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1454218184624.jpg
41 KB, 500x381
>>81226864
>Cut a lot of the pointless scenes
>Change or cut all the WTF moments/scenes
>More/longer Superman and Batman action sequences pre Bats v Supes fight.
>Cast someone else as Lex (probably Bryan Cranston)
>Make Lex more Lex
>Make Lex's motives more clear
>Longer and less one sided Bats v Supes fight
>Bats and Supes fight for a reason that isn't stupid
>They stop fighting for a reason that isn't stupid
>The fight happens earlier in the movie
>Less Lois Lane
>No Justice League cameos
>Don't needlessly kill off Marcy and Jimmy
>Supes stays dead or doesn't die at all
>A better looking Doomsday
>Zack Snyder doesn't direct
>He doesn't direct Justice League either
>>
>>81233672

I loved the movie and the shitposters can go fuck themselves, but there are still some big, glaring flaws with some aspects of it (editing is all over the goddamn place and Superman's character is still too passive and reactionary in all the events of the movie)
>>
I'm down with killer Batman.
All the shit in the dark knight trilogy about bales "inner turmoil" about killing makes me yawn.
Non-killing Batman only works if Batman is hugely powerful, wins all fights and therefore always chooses to keep the villains alive. That's the thing - chooses. Batfleck didn't have a choice in most of those scenes, he was hugely outnumbered so it was either kill or die. The natural progression of Batfleck, if ZS is clever, is to make his skills increase so that Batfleck gradually becomes non-killing batman - not because of "inner turmoil" shit, but merely because he becomes powerful enough that he can get away with easily capturing rather than killing bad guys.
>>
>>81226864
Renamed it "World's Finest" and made it so the marketing played up that this is the DC Universe reacting to Man of Steel, not a grudge match between Batman and Superman.

That's what everyone was expecting and that's why they feel jipped.
>>
>>81234176
I can see what you mean with Superman being passive, but what was wrong with the editing? I'm no movie expert, but it seemed to flow well for me.
>>
>>81234379

Some sequences are out of chronological order and it's not clear why they were put where they were thematically. Basically for many things, you're only provided context after the fact. and instead of getting audiences interested or asking questions, it seems a lot of them just checked out because of how the focus of the plot jumped around.

This is especially bad with Batman's dream sequences which sometimes seem unnecessary, and you don't realize they ARE dream sequences until they end and you're punted back to the main direction of the movie.
>>
>>81234192
better idea: instead of even more Batgod wank, have Batman actually exhibit some intelligence and plan his engagements more carefully than "I'mma charge in headfirst and take down all the mooks before getting to the objective I came for."

Like, why the hell is Batman going through a huge explosive car chase when he already put a tracking device on the truck and knows where it's going? We see that he clearly has no problem getting it from the Lexcorp lab later on anyway, why not use stealth and tech to infiltrate without forcing yourself into a kill or be killed situation? Why the hell did he make sure to take out the big room full of heavily-armed goons before moving on to the smaller room with a giant fucking window where Martha was being held at flamethrower-point? Wouldn't it make more sense to hit the roof, rappel down and breach the window, taking out the immediate threat to the objective first and then getting out rather than giving them time to just kill Martha while he's fighting?
>>
Have separate films establishing Bats and WW released between MoS and this instead of rushing everything just to catch up with the MCU
>>
>>81226864
Split it into two or three movies. It tried to be MoS 2, Batfleck 1 and JL 0.5 all at once.

Don't kill Clark in a movie where he's cucked on screen time. His death didn't have enough punch because we barely got to know him or see him as a person. Save it for MoS 2 or JL 1.

No Bat of Manslaughter. Sure, the notion that he's gotten more intense since Jason's death is great and branding people who almost always die in a jail is a great way to convey that. Making him a full-blown killer just doesn't work. It's the one rule he won't break, and he can't break it. He's monologued about how it would start something he couldn't stop.

Work in the JL cameos more organically than the videos on the computer or don't use them at all.

Take out the prophetic Knightmare visions and the Flash seizure-dream. Or at least find a better wayt to integrate it.

That's a theme in general. The movie was all over the place.Tighten up.

Lex needed to have more in common with Stane than the bootleg Riddler he was here. Or hell, just make Eisenberg the Riddler and save the actual Lex for MoS 2. Riddler deciding to fuck over Batman by putting him into conflict with the one man who can make Bats feel as inferior as Batman makes Riddler feel. And he could still feel like he "wins" through Superman because Riddler tricked them into fighting.
>>
File: doomfantasticfour-146710.png (270 KB, 655x315) Image search: [Google]
doomfantasticfour-146710.png
270 KB, 655x315
I would've added this guy and called him Cyborg, since the film was taking a big shit on all the characters anyways.
>>
Don't make it at all, and make solo films for all these characters first before you put them all in one movie.

But if it has to be made, than here's what I'd change.

>Make it less dark, and don't let Superman do all of the brooding.

>Remove the whole "Jimmy Olsen being a CIA agent and getting killed" bullshit.

>Remove Wonder Woman apart from references and pictures in Lex's files.

>Remove Batman retiring after losing Jason.

>Make Lex older, and have him be played by Tom Hanks.

>Stop leading up to Justice League.

>Replace Doomsday with Metallo or Bizarro.

>Supes and Bats don't kill or brand anybody.

>Don't kill Superman, save that for the third solo Superman movie.

Also, for a little bonus, remove Cyborg from the JL lineup and replace him with Green Lantern. Save Cyborg for the Teen Titans movie.
>>
File: 1454789063837.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454789063837.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>81227036
>>81227109
>>81227525
>>81229252

Hey /tv/ why is it that we can write a better script than authors? Why do we know how not to fuck up a movie? There'are pieces of logic missing somewhere.
>>
File: batman.jpg (825 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
825 KB, 1920x1080
>>81226864
Disclaimer: I'm drunk and tired

Main Narrative would have been Bat-man recruiting the Justice League to face off against Super-Man
Side Narrative would have been Lex pushing anti super man propaganda, his own agenda and becoming more and more unhinged as time went on.

We would have witness the super market Flash scene rather than a cam. Bat Man would confront Barry shortly after showing the cam footage and asking him why did he risk his life. Barry would give a good honest answer of wanting to make the city better. Bats would agree and ask him to join him to help the world.
Bruce Wayne would confront Silas Stone and bring up that they have been facing serious charges involving misuse of S.T.A.R. Lab funds and is aware of why, leading to Bruce playing footage of Cyborg being created. Silas has a short breakdown asking Bruce something to the effect of "what would you do to save someone you love?" with Bruce's answer being "anything" which would then lead to Bruce making an offer to Silas but making it clear he would need his son's help on a project.
Aquaman I have no idea, I think narrative wise it make more sense that Bats uses a batboat goes out to sea and some how got his attention enough to get him to show up, Bats makes his offer and Aquaman laughs and drops a whale on his batboat and leaves. Keeping a cameo that adds to the narrative without breaking the characters.
Wonder Woman could stay the same but we need a stronger reason to why she is there. My idea would be she promise to return to our world to share one final drink. But she is poor with how time works with mortals so now she is trying to find their grave stones and acknowledge she remember them(maybe a scene of her pouring wine on a grave?) this plot point could be unfolded when someone talks to her in a few minutes Bats or even Sups would be a good pick for that.
>>
>>81235371
>Hey /tv/

Anon. It's time for you to leave.
>>
File: superman.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>81235421
Luthor's sub plot would be him being obsessed with wanting Super-man shamed and dead, he would be exhausting money and energy to have trails, to push the government to agree to an anti Meta human task force and having a private science team experimenting with a dead Zod's body and kryptonite. Overtime in the film have to show he was feeding info to Bat-man about the other metas and have it show Lex getting increasingly frustrated how Super-man's cult of personality is growing with every heroic deed he does. He eventually kidnaps Martha and hides her and once he see's Bat's has his justice league gives bait to Clark that she is in Gotham to hasten the confrontation.
>>
File: bardasextape4.jpg (75 KB, 280x414) Image search: [Google]
bardasextape4.jpg
75 KB, 280x414
>>81235421
>>81235469
The fight breaks out Im too drunk to think anything big but it leads to Sups near execution and the Martha bit starts the same but I think one of the heroes should grab Batman and pull him back. Sups gives his story, Bats looks conflicted but still reluctant to trust, the rest of the team encourage the idea to at least save Martha and figure things out from there. We have Luthor go nuts charge into the lab where he is working on dead Zod garbing one of the Scientist and throwing them in the chamber with Zod's body and activating the chamber with him yelling "See what you made me do!" and have him then storm off leaving the scene.
Have it be that Cyborg discovers that where Martha is and it's at that secret Lab. They get there find Martha but then a huge explosion happens and Doomsday/Bizzaro erupts from the fire. Flash grabs Martha and blinks her to a hospital and when returning tells Sups she is safe.
Thus third act battle happens again,can't think of anything fun choreographically to do, maybe a flash running the world to punch doomsday while WW is pulling on his arm? Regardless they discover the kryptonite from the lab Sups grabs it showing serious weakness from it and stabs the shards into Doomy while Dooms is putting his claws/hand through Super-man's chest. Same ending.
Add an after credit scene where Lex is at his place shaken and sweating pan the whole room showing he's alone. Have him start to look like he could cry any moment and have him start yelling "He's dead! Ok? He's Dead! Gone! Gone! Dead! Now-NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!" pan over to show Darksied sitting in a chair with a satisfied grin.

Ok that's all I got I'm going to bed now
>>
>>81235371
Because with a movie as big as this one, you have tons of people meddling with it at all levels of production. Typically, the people with the most power and leverage are people who don't know shit about the property being adapted. Look up Kevin Smith telling the story of his experience writing a script for the late 90's Superman movie that never ended up being made. The producer said he wanted Sean Penn to play superman, he said Superman wasn't allowed to wear the suit ("It's too faggy"), Superman wasn't allowed to fly, and he had to fight a giant spider in the 3rd act ("because spiders are the most vicious killers in the insect kingdom"). No scriptwriter can stand up to a producer like that, the producer will just fire them and hire someone who will write to their specifications.
>>
How did Clark know Batman was Bruce?
>>
1. Drop the "V. Superman" from the title: "Batman: Dawn of Justice"
2. Dial Batman's violence gauge WAYDAFUCK back. No guns. No knives. Lots of plot armor.
3. Runtime of about 110 minutes.
4. Murder mystery implicating Superman, where a bunch of African gun runners are Laser'd to death.
5. Superman has no alibi, can't defend himself because Clark reasons. He's actually going along with the police and sitting in jail while they get the court case going. He's being cooperative, but keeps leaving to save people from accidents and natural disasters.
6.Batman does crime scene investigation. Determines from pattern that laser wasn't Superman's eye beams, because one beam instead of two. Traces laser's energy signature (because comics) back to Lexcorp.
7. Whole Lexcorp building is superman-proofed. No X-ray vision in, no sound comes out, very advanced anti-espionage building. Batman, naturally, has no trouble breaking in to confront Luthor.
8. Mercy Graves has a knock down drag out fight with Batman, because she's a competent Human who might not be able to best Batman, but she can give him a hard time.
9. Luthor pulls out the Power Suit, Smashes Batman through an exterior wall.
10. Monologuing, Luthor functionally confesses to the whole framing Superman thing. Superman arrives, because LoL, Batman and Luthor are *outside* now and super hearing, and Superman ends the fight, Batman provides evidence that exonerates Superman, Happy ending.
>>
>>81236589
>Superman sitting in jail, but periodically breaking out to do Superman shit before promptly turning himself back in

Dear god, that alone is a better idea than anything seen in the Snyderverse so far
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.