[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg
>>
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>81226616
That's pretty well made senpai.

>I see a suit of armor around the world.
>Sounds like a cold world Tony.
>I've seen colder.

Even though AoU was pretty shit, I really liked this exchange.
>>
>>81226616
>random Kilgrave and AoShit scenes
lol
>>
>>81226792
>Even though AoU was pretty shit, I really liked this exchange.

there were several parts of AOU that really stood out like this scene. Cap's PTSD fueled party dream being one of them.
>>
File: robert-downey-jr.png (1 MB, 798x1024) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-jr.png
1 MB, 798x1024
>>81226792
>I'm gonna say this once
>HOW ABOUT NONCE?
>>
>>81226616
pretty good
>>
>>81226807
>>
>>81226792
AoU had a lot of great moments.
>>
>>81226875
Yeah, there were parts of AoU that were very well made and that actually annoys me more because the movie was such a giant missed opportunity.

This conversation, the Vision scenes, the Wanda hallucinations were all great. I feel like Whedon is actually better at drama/serious scenes than he is at comedy, so I don't understand why he doesn't do more stuff like that and turned AoU into a quipfest.
>>
>>81226807
>>81226918

here's your (you)
>>
>>81227031
why am I getting a (you)?
>>
>>81227007
Whedon is more comfortable with comedy, so he has a bad habit of falling back on it too often. It's like he gets nervous if he writes something serious for too long.
>>
>uses AoS scenes and Jessica Jones well
I rate the breddy gud/10
>>
>>81227007
And that's not to say I want AoU to be a gritty no fun allowed movie. A movie can be more serious, but still have moments of levity and hope. Take this part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGPvE43aAM

>Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that.
>They're doomed.
>Yes... but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It is a privilege to be among them.

It is a pretty sad scene, but at the same time you have Vision who sees the good in humanity and thinks mankind is still worth saving. There's hope there. It's more moments like this that I wanted from AoU.
>>
>>81227056

That's a fair assessment. I mean even his best stuff is a mixture of comedy and sudden harsh consequences. Like Buffy or Firefly. Usually it's the wise-cracking characters who get it, too. No better way get an emotional rise out of someone than to kick the dog everyone loves.

The guys still a good writer, but I hope he goes back to TV full time. He's better at characters that have a long time to develop.
>>
>>81227007
>I don't understand why he doesn't do more stuff like that and turned AoU into a quipfest.
Whedon himself blames executive meddling. by the time he'd covered everything, the runtime was a bit over three hours. They demanded he bring it down to ~140 min, and a lot of good scenes ended on the cutting room floor

Shame they never greenlit a 270 min extended cut like Avengers 1 got. the synopsis for those deleted scenes sounds like it'd make a much better movie.
>>
>>81227197
>the runtime was a bit over three hours
That's a problem though. He needs more self control in the planning phases of these movies because that is bloated.
>>
>>81227232
Yeah, it's not good when you end up with a 3 hour+ movie, because it's inevitable that the movie will turn into a mess if you have to cut a lot from it after. Whedon is poor with planning and he probably needed someone else to reign him in. There's this interview with the Russos where they said they're really obsessive about planning how the movie turns out and it counts.

>The Captain America: The Winter Soldier DVD and Blu-ray was pretty light on special features, with only three or four minues of deleted scenes at most. It led to many fans wondering whether or not there were plans for a Director's Cut or if they were holding them back for a future "Marvel Phase 2" box set. Well, talking to Collider recently, Anthony Russo had this to say about why there just wasn't that much footage left on the cutting room floor. "We come from sort of do-it-yourself independent filmmaking so we’re very smart on a producing level about where we spend our money and how we spend our money, and we just wanted to make sure everything we did was gonna end up onscreen so we worked very hard to have a tight script. So by the time we got to shooting—our shooting script is remarkably similar to the final edit of the movie." Are they holding anything back at all though?
>"That’s all we got. And we feel bad about those scenes because you can make the argument that those four minutes of footage should have stayed in the movie. But we’re hard on our material. We’re really hard on it. We like propulsive pacing. We just want to make sure it’s as tight as possible."
>>
>>81227311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStXyuvt54g

The deleted scenes in question if anyone wants to see them.
>>
>>81227374
>That's Captain America you're after, he tends to inspire a certain amount of loyalty.
>SHIELD demands loyalty too.
Get it??? The difference between inspiring and demanding loyalty?
>>
>>81227311
based russos

winter soldier was such a solidly assembled, efficiently run contraption of a film. from just a technical aspect, i think the contrast between civil war and bvs are going to be staggering
>>
>>81227041
Are you Bendis?
>>
That was pretty neat.

I can't wait to see what the Infinity War versions of videos like this will be like
>>
>>81227496
One thing people often overlook while talking about TWS is the pacing. That movie had really great pacing, never once I thought the scenes were too long/boring/didn't add anything to the movie.

They mixed the actions scenes with the quiet scenes really well. I also liked how they did those tension filled moments before the action. The elevator scene comes to mind. I loved how they showed the SHIELD agents slowly entering the elevator and Cap looking at them suspiciously because I knew shit was about to go down. The payoff after those 2-3 minutes of tension was great.
>>
>>81226882
I'm not a native speaker. Why does everyone bring this up? Is it not a word? Does it sound childish?
>>
>>81227197
Whedon isn't Snyder tho, he took full responsibility for how the film turned out but he was also candid about the scenes they were going to take out and the ones they made him put in and both were awful decisions.
>>
>>81227631

Probably a lot more focus on GotG and Tony's visions.
>>
>>81227311
Same thing for James Gunn.

Whedon has way too many ideas for his own good, so he keeps fucking up. He really should find a co-director that he respects and works well with, since he can never chose what to put on screen and always goes for the 2deep4u references that end up being shallow.
>>
>>81227503
Are you?
>>
>>81227668
>Is it not a word? Does it sound childish?
exactly that.
>>
>>81227668
It means kiddie diddler or something
>>
>>81227745
Ok, cool. I thought it was a Shakespearean word, in one of Whedon's delusions of grandeur and depth, like he always uses 'play' instead of 'move'/'plan'.
>>
>>81227731
That and Whedon always overuses a joke, like Cap swearing in AoU. That one got old real quick.
>>
>>81227668
I think it's pretty indicative of how petty Tony gets around Steve because he's the only person in the world that gives him an inferiority complex.

One of the signs of autism is latching on to small inane parts of a film that no one else notices and obsessing over it, which I count as that scene and the flying trailer in Korea that everyone here flapped their arms at.
>>
>>81227760
>>81227773
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce
>>
>>81227779
Yes, definitely.

What bothered me the most, is that it would've made sense if it was the other way around.

Like if Cap had said 'shit', and Tony mockingly corrected him, since Cap is usually perceived to be a goody-two shoes, and swear words really affect nobody, especially in a war scenario.

Then the callbacks would've been funnier with Cap getting increasingly annoyed like he did.

>>81227806
It must be pretty sad that the guy that likes and believes in mostly everybody, doesn't really like you that much. Especially with Tony's Ego.
>>
>>81227642
i haven't seen bvs, but i hear the bad editing and amount of superfluous bullshit crammed in is just excessive

like a scene where laurence fishburne says something like "wonder what that kent boy is up to." the logical next scene would be clark, but it takes 3 more transitions to get there?

it just seems like a mess from every step of its inception
>>
>>81227779
That one actually felt like the reverse to me. The first instance was awful but the follow-up jokes were much better.
>>
>>81227703
That and on the infinity gems. Something like the Infinity War teaser Marvel did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv2NRpG76Pg
>>
>>81227815
>a British and Australian slang term for a sex offender,
kek. He did the same thing with quim in Av1.
>>
>>81227138
Theres this problem in movies/TV where they go "i'm in movies now! i slummed it in TV for long enough, i'm never going to be a TV pleb ever again"

When TV is still a viable and great format for them
>>
Tony means well. If he makes a mistake, he fixes it. Unfortunately, he fucks up a lot, especially in Civil War by working with Ross.
>>
>>81227912
Steve has literally never made a bad call in the MCU.
>>
>>81227881
That was intentional, though. "Nonce" meaning sex offender was a coincidence.
>>
>>81227939
Well, he is Steve Rogers.
>>
Honestly, this video is actually a pretty good example of why Age of Ultron was an essential story that needed to happen.

The Avengers were never an actual team. Fury may have galvanized them with Coulson's death and the looming threat of Loki's army, but they were never a cohesive unit that actually bonded into a fit unit. They were a house of cards of damaged people that would fall apart at the first real internal push, and Ultron essentially being the Avengers damaged child was the perfect metaphor for that.

You can argue the actual story was done poorly and that's fine, that's a discussion worth having. But it was never filler, it was a character story that needed to gome before the big brawl with Thanos.
>>
>>81227939
Crashing the plane instead of just landing it was generally a bad idea. It works out well to get him into the future, but still.
>>
>>81227871
>>81227703
>>81227631

We also have 10 movies until Infinity War Part 2, so there's going to be a lot of stuff between now and then
>>
>>81227998
That and he could have easily given Peggy his coordinates to at least collect his body.
>>
>>81227998
>>81228014
He couldn't read German, though. He was Army, not Air Force as well. It was that or New York. He'd rather talk it through with her and comfort her since he didn't expect to survive.
>>
>>81227988
Oh yeah, AoU was definitely an essential movie before Civil War/Infinity War.

I just wish it was done better. Could've easily turned into something great.
>>
>>81228029
He's Captain America, I think he could have figured something out better than, "I'm crashing this plane with no survivors."
>>
>>81228029
>Hydra is german Nazis
>Bombs have the drop locations written in big bold english
what
>>
>>81228074
He didn't want to admit to Peggy that he wanted her to wear his home made Bucky mask when they would date.
>>
>>81226616
This Video would have been perfect if they wouldn't have add scenes from the Tv Shows. Only Movies please.
>>
>>81228102

I liked them adding the scene with Gretchen from BB talking about her family dying during the Battle of NY.

>>81228065

That's fair. I liked it a lot but I know I'm in the minority on /co/, it's such a bizarre and idiosyncratic movie that I ended up really digging it.
>>
>>81227902
I don't think that's a thing, but have you met actual television writers? Selling pilots is a soul crushing experience that pays the bills by milking you of creativity then filing it away to never see the light of day again. Then you have to do it all over again.
But movie screenplay writing and Tv writing are two very different very deliberate things.

Whedon's issue is that he's 50 years old, rich, and bored. He got bored in the middle of AoU and realized he was writing a multi-hundred million dollar hamfisted metaphor about working for Marvel then bounced before producers realized. Now he'll go back to writing the first season of shows then fucking off because it makes him feel better.
>>
Someone should do a DC version of this.

JL mortal logo. BLACK SCREEN.
Green Lantern logo. BLACK SCREEN.
Then finally MOS and B v S clips that end with a fart noise.
>>
>>81228187
I probably would've enjoyed Age of Ultron more if I wasn't so hyped for it. I loved the first Avengers movie and I was so overjoyed when I left the cinema after seeing it.

After AoU was over, I just felt disappointment because I was expecting something else. Objectively speaking, AoU is in no way worse than Avengers, but from the first one I got exactly what I was expecting. With the second one, I expected something a bit more serious and with more high stakes from the trailers, but instead I got a sort of a rehash of the first Avengers. The trailers are probably what ruined AoU for a lot of people.
>>
>>81227744
Brian Michael Bendis is You?
>>
>>81227999

Jesus, is it really that many?

Most of them probably won't have that much cosmic set-up in them, though. I mean, just look at Ant-Man.
>>
File: BattleOfNY2.png (45 KB, 182x172) Image search: [Google]
BattleOfNY2.png
45 KB, 182x172
>>81228187
>I liked them adding the scene with Gretchen from BB talking about her family dying during the Battle of NY.
I really hope Marvel sees the reaction these numbers got and adds an extra zero to each.
>>
>>81228289
>The trailers are probably what ruined AoU for a lot of people.
I can probably agree with this.

I did sort of enjoy parts of AoU but the trailers definitely spoiled how the actual movie would be

That said the earlier anon made a good case as to why it needed to happen
>>
>>81228102

The president Ellis monologue from AoS did a good job of touching on all the various disasters, though. That was worth keeping in.
>>
>>81228335
>but the trailers definitely spoiled how the actual movie would be
No, the trailers gave a false expectation for what the movie would be.
>>
>>81228321
9 movies between now and Infinity War 2, yeah.

>Civil War
>Doctor Strange
>GOTG 2
>Spider-Man
>Ragnarok
>Black Panther
>IW 1
>Ant-Man and Wasp
>Captain Marvel
>IW 2
>>
>>81227940

Iron man is canonically a black sabbath so he probably learnt it somewhere.
>>
>>81228289
>>81228335
"I'm gonna show you something beautiful..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

trailer ultron is legitimately terrifying

i can see why the studio was like "tone it down, we need to sell this to kids"

but they over corrected and it became quipfest 2015
>>
>>81228382
Right, that's what I meant to say
>>
>>81228289
It's weird really. I didn't hate AoU and I can't really discern any big glaring flaws in it but I feel no desire to see it again and I can't say I particularly like it.

I guess maybe it was that it was so expected and at that point a bit of a run of the mill Marvel movie.
>>
>>81228415
that's focus groups for you

>trailer ultron is the closest we'll ever get to proper Dr. Doom
why live
>>
>>81228415
He looks different in the trailer, now that I think about it. He looks less...rounded.
>>
>>81228321
Movie until IW Part 2

Civil War - Nothing to do with IW
Doctor Strange - May contain an Infinity gem
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - Nothing to do with IW
Spider-Man - Nothing to do with IW
Thor: Ragnarok - Called the most important phase 3 movie
Black Panther - Important for IW
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - Important
Ant-man and the Wasp - No clue
Captain Marvel - Seems to be important
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

First part of this phase doesn't really deal with IW, but then it seems to become more and more integral to each story
>>
>>81228289

Nah I get that AoU had plenty of problems, but what I liked about it was how fucked-up and Whdeony-dark it was.

I mean he basically made a movie about the Avengers collapsing under the weight of their own insecurities and human flaws and teaming up to murder their own child, who was basically a grotesque mirror of them. Ultron was basically written as an emotionaliy stunted and desperately lonely child who was lashing out at his "father" while trying to find his place in the world, before just losing his mind in the third act. Then it basically ends with a new generation of Avengers because the old had failed the world and were going their seperate ways or exiling themselves.

It's a pretty dark movie thematically under all the dank memes and CGI fight scenes. It taps into a lot of the good Whedon can do, in finding the human flaws in super-powered people or beings like he did on Buffy and Angel.

Then again I've never minded the quip overload these movies had, so that probably helps a lot. If I was as annoyed by them as a lot of /co/ was I'd probably dismiss at lot of the interesting and weird shit hidden under the surface.
>>
Since this is basically a MCU general, might as well post this. It appears that Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther will be in the Captain Marvel movie. Makes sense since it comes out right after Infinity War part 1, so I expect it to be the bridge between the two parts.

>In the Captain Marvel film, Benedict Cumberbatch joins Paul Rudd, who will play Ant-Man and Chadwick Boseman, who takes the role of Black Panther. Both Paul Rudd and Cumberbatch have their own standalone movies. Cumberbatch’s Doctore Strange is due for release on November 4, while Rudd’s Ant-Man was released on July 17, 2015, in North America.
>A few names have been floated for consideration for Carol Danvers, including Emily Blunt, (Into the Woods, Edge of Tomorrow, and The Huntsman: Winter’s War), Natalie Dormer, (Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2, and Captain America: The First Avenger), and Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road, Prometheus, and Hancock), among others.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2913012/captain-marvel-cast-update-benedict-cumberbatch-signs-on-carol-danvers-role-tbd/
>>
>>81228494
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - Nothing to do with IW
I thought there was supposed to be a Gem in this one
>>
>>81228494
What
>>
>>81228519
emily blunt was a qt badass in edge of tomorrow

charlize theron and natalie dorner are meme tier actresses

watch marvel pull something ridiculous out of their hat and go with kamala
>>
>>81227136

I still can't get over the fact that Paul Bettany is not only a superhero, but a pretty good one from what little we've seen.
>>
>>81228519
Wha-wha-wha?

I dunno if it's a good idea to introduce a character who is desperately in need of greater characterization in a crowded movie.
>>
>>81228527
>>81228548
Gunn said there's no Thanos, no gem, and it's going to be about everyone's daddy issues basically.
>>
>>81228559
Nah, Feige already confirmed the movie will be about Carol. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Kamala cameo though and then she'd get her own movie/show in Phase 4.
>>
>>81228584
How can it be about daddy issues if Thanos isn't there?
>>
>>81228559

>doesn't love based Charlize

>>81228584

>and it's going to be about everyone's daddy issues basically.

Sounds solid enough. Hopefully he learned how fo film fight scenes in the intervening years.
>>
>>81228574
I think she could benefit a lot from interacting with other heroes though, establishing some dynamic with the other characters between the last Infinity War movie is pretty good.

With them building up to these two massive movies, I think we need to expect that the other ones won't be as self contained and focused on only one character. I'm okay with it, after all it's why they made this big cinematic universe.
>>
>>81226616
Just delete that random as fuck AOS scene and you have a perfect refresher.
>>
>>81228626
Gamora was pretty clear that she didn't see Thanos as a father anymore.
Also she probably wants to keep Drax as far away from him as possible.
>>
>>81228527
>>81228548

Gunn said that the Guardians should be their own thing and not be something that only exists for the sake of the Avengers.

And I completely agree with him.

> "I don't feel beholden to that stuff at all. I think it's really about the Guardians and what they are doing. We're not subservient to the Avengers. Guardians 2 is not a movie that's made to move toward [Avengers: Infinity War]. It's something that's made to move toward future cosmic movies, so I don't feel that that is something that affects me that much."

http://www.mtv.com/news/1996245/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-avengers-3/
>>
>>81228559
Olivia Wilde is my waifu, also she's worked with Chris Hemsworth before and he got Tom Holland his job, so I'm holding out hope.
>>
>>81228673
>that random as fuck AOS scene
There were like 3/4 in there
>>
>>81228331
>$18.8 billion in damages
>74 casualties

I did the math, and that's $243,243,243 in damages per casualty.

To compare, Hiroshima cost $2 billion (1945) in damages for a death toll of 90,000–146,000, and a total ratio of $13,698.63 to $22,222.22 per casualty.
In 2016 dollars, that's $2.635 trillion, and a ratio of $18,047,945.20 to $29,477,777.80 per casualty

What I'm trying to get at is that it cost less per casualty to destroy Hiroshima than it did to bang up New York City.
>>
>>81228682
Didn't he have to fight to get Thanos to appear in the first GotG at all? Cause it meant they had to cast him crazy earlier than planned.
>>
>>81228737
i thought tom and jon bernthal helped each other get their jobs, doing punisher and spider-man audition tapes in ireland or something

i can't see olivia as a blonde. i'd rather see her in tron 3
>>
>>81228776
He had to work hard to write him in and almost wanted to cut the scene since it made Ronan look like a nonexistant thread
>>
>>81228737
Carol is a busty, blonde bombshell. Olivia Wilde has the body of a 15 year old boy
>>
>>81228778
They helped each other audition but an audition tape isn't the same as talking to Fiege and saying 'hey this kid is cool'.
>i can't see olivia as a blonde
That's actually her natural hair color.

Honestly I don't care who they cast, but my waifu is in the mix so she has my vote if she wants it. I don't really see Emily Blunt's appeal tho so I hope she doesn't get it.
>>
>>81228494

If we're going to see Thanos at all before IW, it'll be in this movie.

In fact, if Thanos doesn't spend IW1 going around and getting every gem, I would love for this to be the movie where Xandar is destroyed and the Nova Corps is left in ruins.
>>
File: the_huntsman_winter_war.jpg (106 KB, 512x433) Image search: [Google]
the_huntsman_winter_war.jpg
106 KB, 512x433
>>81228519
>Emily Blunt
>Charlize Theron
Yes please.
>>
>>81228857
>Carol is a busty, blonde bombshell.
Nigga every comic book bitch is a busty, ______ bombshell.
No one gives a fuck when it comes to casting. Gadot, Halle Berry, and Elizabeth Olsen should have alerted you to this.
>>
>>81228925
>If we're going to see Thanos at all before IW, it'll be in this movie.

Thanos won't be in GotG2.

Feige confirmed this

>I wouldn’t look too hard in that movie for Thanos. The next time we see Thanos he will not be messing around. It will be, ‘Oh, that’s why they’ve been teasing this villain for five years!’

http://www.slashfilm.com/thanos-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2/

I'm personally think he'll appear at the end of Thor 3
>>
>>81228894

>Olivia Wilde is your waifu

>she's on a terrible TV show every week now, which is basically the "Watch Olivia Wilde Be The Best Part Of A Turd Bucket" Show

I'm so sorry anon.
>>
>>81228519
Charlize Theron has the face of a Villain and Dormer has a baby face. Blunt is the best choice. She looks heroic and like someone you could look up to.

I think the biggest thing they will have to overcome is that Captain Marvel can free fly and doesn't wear a cape. Unassisted flight looks stupid without a cape.
>>
Oh fuck me, my hype's flaring up.

The best part is no matter how good or bad CW is, it'll be fucking amazing compared to the uhhh... The last cape move I watched...
>>
File: Carol.png (494 KB, 808x960) Image search: [Google]
Carol.png
494 KB, 808x960
>>81229003
Depends on what costume they use.
>>
File: emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg (624 KB, 1000x1456) Image search: [Google]
emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg
624 KB, 1000x1456
still weird how they changed the title of this movie after it was on blu ray

i'm going all in on emily for carol
>>
>>81228964
Wait, there's a sequel to that edgy Snow White movie?
>>
File: amsdcc2012.gif (3 MB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
amsdcc2012.gif
3 MB, 360x450
>>81228998
>I'm so sorry anon.

I'll make it better
>>
>>81229153
Its a tie between Theron and Blunt for me. I can't decide who would be better.
>>
File: Lewd (3).webm (80 KB, 424x360) Image search: [Google]
Lewd (3).webm
80 KB, 424x360
>>81229153
My nigguh
>>
>>81229175
Yes, without the snow white.
>>
>>81229175
Prequel I think
>>
>>81229175
Prequel.
>>
File: emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
>>81229153
She'd be so good.

She's one of those actresses that's really good in action roles, I can actually buy her as an Air Force pilot.
>>
>>81228964
What in the wide world of sports is this horseshit?
>>
>>81229217
if they go with her, wonder what she'll do with her english accent

and what costume they go with

and the hair
>>
>>81229175

Yeah, it seems to be part prequel part sequel. It looks hilariously stupid, Emily Blunt is playing Evil Frozen and Jessica Chastain seems to be playing Legolas with tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvCgVR0gIM
>>
File: tumblr_n2dqy4gGOD1qbiee7o1_500.gif (1000 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2dqy4gGOD1qbiee7o1_500.gif
1000 KB, 500x230
>>81229285
>and what costume they go with

I'd kill for the Black Widow & Punisher movie costume.
>>
>>81229285
>wonder what she'll do with her english accent
You haven't seen Looper?
What the flying fuck is wrong with you? It's the only good movie that plain ass bitch has been in.
>>
File: 3400518-captain_marvel.jpg (1 MB, 1093x1672) Image search: [Google]
3400518-captain_marvel.jpg
1 MB, 1093x1672
>>81229285
This look would be great. Obviously they're not gonna have her in the bathing suit.

Emily's been blonde many times, they'll just dye her hair. She can also do an American accent.
>>
>>81228992

Damn, but at least we'll get to see a bit more of him before IW.
>>
File: Tony Help.jpg (776 KB, 1440x2395) Image search: [Google]
Tony Help.jpg
776 KB, 1440x2395
>YOU FUCKED UP THE CROSSBONES FIGHT WE NEED SUPERVISION!
>Ok
>NOW GO "CAPTURE" BUCKY HE TOTALLY BLEW UP THE UN CONFERENCE
>But they want to straight up kill him
>OMG STEVE YOU'RE SUCH A DICK FIGHTING AGAINST US! I'M GONNA GET A HIGHSCHOOLER TO FIGHT YOU
>Bucky gets sent to the totally not Red Skull's hydra base from the first avenger
>B-BUT I WAS YOUR FRIEEEEND :(((
>>
>>81228737
There were rumors of Wilde being in the running for Gamora, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see her name come up.
>>
>>81229464
I'm pretty sure Bucky is the one that blew up the conference hall. Black Panther wouldn't be after him if he didn't know for sure.
>>
File: 1386992520081.gif (448 KB, 245x190) Image search: [Google]
1386992520081.gif
448 KB, 245x190
This is the first MCU thread in months I've been in without Marvel is finished! Capekino! Suicide Watch! shitposting.
Feels good man.
>>
>>81229519
Yeah that got really old really quick.

I'm glad we're past that shit.
>>
>>81228085
Place names are place names moron.
>>
>>81229352
How's that BW & Punisher anime? Worth a watch?
>>
>>81229518
>Black Panther wouldn't be after him if he didn't know for sure.
T'Challa just goes ask Ross and Tony.
>>
>>81229518
"Bucky"
You realize Zemo is in this movie right?
>>
>>81226616
This video only highlights the main problem with the presumed "interconnected" part of the MCU.

Stuff like the Inhumans in AoS and Killgrave in Jessica Jones SHOULD be relevant to Civil War, especially the Inhumans considering it's a worldwide event. However... they aren't, at all. Civil War won't reference either, the Russo Brothers have no idea what's going on on the TV shows.

It makes sense that Civil War wouldn't reference them, as expecting the general public to keep up with TV shows, one of them for audiences over the age of 18, is bad form, but at the same time shows how flimsy the interconnection between these properties really is.

Honestly, the fault falls mostly to the AoS writers who thought their (shitty) show was as important as the movies and decided to create their own world changing event inside a bigger universe that barely acknowledges them.
>>
civil war comes out in 4 weeks in asia! i'm really fucking excited guys
>>
File: IMPRESSIVE.jpg (66 KB, 371x276) Image search: [Google]
IMPRESSIVE.jpg
66 KB, 371x276
>>81226616
>manages to salvage moments from AoU and Jessica Jones
>pretty hype world building trailer that almost makes it seem like this was all planned out
bravo youtube shill
>>
>>81229887
i thought for a second that was from the spider-man broadway show

fuck you for reminding me of the spider-man broadway show
>>
>>81228074
Theory is that Cap became suicidal because Bucky was 50% percent of his impulse control.
>>
>>81229519
Well BvS was shit, so of course DCfriends quieted down. The only thing to praise is box office now and most people here know thats a stupid thing to champion.
>>
>>81229870
It's actually going to have a an early screening in two weeks at CinemaCon.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-to-screen-civil-war-at-cinemacon/5101954.article?referrer=RSS

Hopefully the movie doesn't get spoiled so early, but I guess it's inevitable.
>>
File: GoblinYESSS.gif (270 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
GoblinYESSS.gif
270 KB, 250x200
>>81229905
But now I reminded you of the GOAT Spider-man game where you could play as the Green Goblin with additional Flash powers.
>>
>>81229908
Well, I'd kill myself to if my boyfriend died.
>>
>>81229770
>the Russo Brothers have no idea what's going on on the TV shows.

It's Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely who are responsible for the writing, the Russos are just directors.
>>
>>81228331
I'm starting to think that this will be casualties directly attributable to the Avengers, like in the clip where the woman talks about a falling building crushing her family. Casualties like the Chitari rounding up and killing people would be put under a different metric as those represent people the Avengers failed to save rather than people the Avengers actually "killed" which is the point of Ross' speech, same thing with the damages most likely, damage brought about by the way the Avengers decided to prosecute the fight. In the comics this was actually a big deal since they blamed the deaths that triggered the Civil War on young and improperly trained heroes. The same argument can easily be applied to the Avengers by saying they haven't had sufficient training in how to operate as a team and hence need the oversight that Ross is demanding.
>>
>>81229770
Yeah, but no one gives a shit about the Inhumans.

It's a double edged sword in that it gives the show something to maintain a threat of the week, but honestly having to pay attention to every Marvel show and movie is just too much.

I like the Netflix approach where you can refer to things, but it doesn't really reflect anything.
>>
>>81229519
>>81229925
Shitposters don't have a team, anons. Marvel shitposters and DC shitposters are the same cunts. The school boys are all trolling the DC threads because they are the easy target at the moment. This weekend was the calmest /co/ has ever been with the rolling sticky serving as a /tv/ magnet.
>>
>>81228964
Live Action Frozen?
>>
Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron, Natalie Dormer and Katherine Winnick are all bad choices.

Good actresses, but they are all either in their late 30's or are starting to look old. Remember the character debuts in 3 years, and has to keep young for 7 or 8 for her trilogy if they have one or the avengers trilogy.

They need to pull a miracle cast of finding someone that doesn't age from 25-45 like Theron, McAdams, Elizabeth Banks and Chastain, and they need to find one of those ageless witches at their 30 years of age at the most to be safe.

I honestly don't know who they'll cast, but they better pull a Daisy Ridley and pick a random nobody and surprise everyone.

The best Carol actress I've seen was Rachael Taylor, who's playing Hellcat in Jessica Jones. It figures, though.
>>
>>81228415
Watched this and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9GyhX7yHM

They had Spader remove a ton of the menace and growl from his Ultron voice for the movie.
>>
Why does Tony act like Peter is a trump card?

A new super appearing is surprising, sure, but is Spidey entering the fight that decisive? The Vision, Scarlet Witch, and some of the best fighters in the history of the world are in that airport already. What's an introverted kid from Brooklyn gonna do?
>>
>>81228584
But Gamora's Daddy issues are all to do with Thanos?
>>
>>81230314
Be faster than literally everyone there.
>>
>>81230314
Probably as a poster-child for young people with new-found powers that can be helped to control them and use them for good, rather than bring cities down.

>>81230333
It's more than father issues, it's about fatherhood. She probably talks about her real father, before Thanos pulled a reverse cuckoo.
>>
>>81230314
They've never seen Peter fight, and don't know what he can do. He's essentially a wild card.
>>
>>81230314
Considering he's 'losing patience' I assume people start defecting from Tony's side at the airport, and Spider-Man was just Tony's ace in the hole.
>>
>>81230314
Why is Stark bringing an underaged boy to a foreign country to fight adults in the first place? Child endangerment does not scream accountability, especially when the kid is wearing a fullbody costume.
>>
>>81230314
He literally stole Cap's shield and handcuffed him, 5 seconds into the fight, after tony called his costume an Underoos. Also Spider-Sense.
>>
>>81230354
i guess, considering whedon shot the previous fastest guy
>>
>>81230314
Cap was an introverted kid from Brooklyn. Spidey is from Queens.
>>
>>81230297
Am I the only one who preferred the Ultron we got in the movie than the one in the trailers?

The Ultron from the trailers was too serious
>>
>>81230314

Spidey is the Marvel Superhero, pretty sure he can beat anyone there if push came to shove.
>>
>>81230392
They're natural born enemies.
>>
>>81230297
They should really try and grab some of Robert California's lines from the Office. He says a lot of pretentious and mean things there.

>>81230401
I think a middle ground would've been nice. He cracked jokes in the more tense situations. Jokes at the party scene would've been better, since he should be trying to relate to the Avengers. He should've started lighter and ended darker, not the other way around.

Honestly, with all the religious alegory, and the daddy issues and lack of personal connection, Ultron seems like a retroactive parody of Zack Snyder.
>>
>>81230383
so he got the jump on him. there's nothing that says cap's incapacitated for the whole rest of the fight, or that he or anyone else will get caught off guard by webs again.

like i stated earlier. surprising, but not decisive
>>
>>81230314
>>81230392
I'd still act introverted if I was surrounded by super soldiers, some guy who can change sizes at will, guys in armored suits, a super powered robot, folks wearing black with improbable aiming skills, and a reality wizard, most of them people I've barely met for even 5 minutes, when all I'm wearing is a skin-tight suit and webshooters.
>>
>>81230458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM
>>
File: Mystical-Strange-005-EW[1].jpg (114 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
Mystical-Strange-005-EW[1].jpg
114 KB, 612x459
Who ready for Doc Strange, anons?
>>
Is Captain Beefcake going to ___die?____
>>
>>81230458
>ended darker

But why
I don't understand why people keep saying this, he was already dark.

He tried to destroy Earth, you don't get more fricking dark than that
>>
>>81230537
He has to show up in Infinity War, say Avengers Assemble and lift Thor's hammer.
No.
>>
>>81230496
Funny thing, when asked about Marvel's big casts and scheduling the actors in a podcast, Elizabeth Olson mentioned that "if they wanted, say Chiwetel or Tilda, they'd be there". Weird choice of characters. Maybe a tease for things to come.

>>81230494
Fucking kek.

>>81230544
Darker as in angrier and cracking less jokes. More serious, but only at the end, since it was the climax of the movie. Last scene with Vision was cool, he should've been like that since his fight with Thor/Vision. His attitude didn't match his actions.

Could've been worse, though.
>>
File: 1391469514129.jpg (102 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1391469514129.jpg
102 KB, 375x375
>>81230494
>they haven't really improved on the Oreo, have they?
WHY DOES THIS NOT SEEM OUT OF PLACE IN THIS FUCKING MOVIE?!
>>
>>81230297
I like Ultron's voice in the movie. His clam, matter-of-fact tone made him so much more sinister.
>>
>>81230606
What podcast?
I can listen Lizzy talk for an hour.
>>
>>81230643
Happy Sad and Confused. Only 20 minutes, though.
>>
>>81230606
>arker as in angrier and cracking less jokes. More serious,
For what purpose?
It would add nothing to the film.
>>
>>81230756
Sure it would, tension.

I don't know what you people want, but there's a time and a place for everything, and just because BvS could've done with more levity, AoU's criticism isn't any less valid.

I don't think the movie was bad, I actually think it's a better movie than the first one, but Ultron should've had less jokes than he did. You can show emotion and not crack jokes.

There are such things as 'too much' and 'too little' and the thresholds aren't the same for every movie. Some people here think that there is only one absolute way to do a movie and that would mean by definition that only one possibly good movie can be made. It gets especially annoying. Guardians and WS has different percentages of jokes and they are both great fucking movies.

You have to match tone. 0% and 100% generally suck, and a movie like Ultron, about the Avenger's first big loss and moment of doubt should've had a bunch less. Note that less doesn't mean 0, it means not as many. Is it so hard for people to grasp relativity?
>>
>>81226792
>I could choke you out without turning a shade
>>
>>81228085
We say Rio de Janeiro instead of River of January don't we?
>>
>>81231530
Kek, the best example I have of that is that British people cal "Porto" "Oporto", which means "the Porto" in Portuguese. Fucking bullshit for searching in alphabetical order.
>>
>>81230595
The hype moment in Infinity War part 2 where Cap lifts Thor's hammer and rallies everyone with an "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE" to win the fight we've been waiting for

Can't wait
>>
>>81231606
I hope he gets cool armor
>>
>>81231642
>>81231606
That moment in IW where Thanos uses the time gem to revert Steve back to his 100pound self, and upon grabbing Mjolnir he gets rebuffed, Asgardian scale armor and a Winged cap and yells Avengers Assemble, you mean.
>>
File: 1458865184491.png (202 KB, 290x666) Image search: [Google]
1458865184491.png
202 KB, 290x666
>>81231683
I love it
>>
Ok so who is going to die? Rumor has it they filmed 4 death scenes.
>>
>>81231716
Not Cap, he has a scene in one of the BTS featurettes with Black Panther out of his suit, and he has clothes that the scenes in the trailers don't have, plus he has bruises on his face, so it presumably happens in the later part of the movie.

So Maybe Widow and/or Hawkeye. Maybe Rhodey.
>>
>>81231716
What if it's Bucky?
>>
>>81231774
Maybe Rhodey.
>>
>>81231775
>Cap's waifu dies at the beginning of the movie
>Cap's husbando dies at the end of the movie
He will literally kill himself if it happens. Cap doesn't deserve that much suffering.
>>
File: db5.png (166 KB, 426x440) Image search: [Google]
db5.png
166 KB, 426x440
>>81231683
>>81231606
>>81230595
>>
>>81227857
That whole exchange didn't make sense to me. Cap is a WW II veteran. The Howling Commandos had to have been pretty filthy-mouthed when they're under fire or camping in a ditch for the third time that week.

I can understand Cap maybe thinking there's a time and place for it, but they were mid-raid.
>>
>>81231819
It was more a joke on the MPAA, since the only swear word is the first one from the protagonists. Whedon was trying to be cute. If the movie was better, it would've been a cool addition, but it just felt try-hard.
>>
File: JohnnyDangerously.png (342 KB, 700x378) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyDangerously.png
342 KB, 700x378
>>81231683
>mfw this doesn't happen even though it would be the most glorious and fitting thing if it did
>>
File: 8mjpyZZ.png (251 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
8mjpyZZ.png
251 KB, 500x501
This thread is pretty comfy for a movie one.

Sometimes I love you anons.
>>
>>81228415
Trailer Ultron was fan-fucking-tastic and his devolution into jokesbot killed what could have been the next big thing of the MCU.

I tried to argue this with someone once, but he said Ultron never changed.
>>
File: 1439059967380.jpg (100 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1439059967380.jpg
100 KB, 500x369
>>81231683
FUND IT
U
N
D

I
T
>>
>>81230297
God damn it, Marvel

Trailer Ultron was perfect.
>>
>>81231884
If it doesn't fit in the story, I don't mind. They had Hulk come out of Iron Man's in early drafts of Ultron, which they couldn't fit. You'll notice that when they are discussing how they should approach Ultron, Stark says to Banner that Ultron hates 'Iron Man' the most, and Hulk doesn't feature much in the final battle outside the church.

I think they made the right call, or the Banner/Widow thing would've been extra pointless, even though it's a great fucking idea.

>>81231913
Full on murderbot Ultron isn't that great either, it's been done a lot. EMH's did it wrong, even if they were a couple of nice episodes.
>>
>>81231683
I hope that thing about how execs browse /co/ sometimes is true because I need them to read this
>>
>>81231994
>If it doesn't fit in the story, I don't mind. They had Hulk come out of Iron Man's in early drafts of Ultron, which they couldn't fit. You'll notice that when they are discussing how they should approach Ultron, Stark says to Banner that Ultron hates 'Iron Man' the most, and Hulk doesn't feature much in the final battle outside the church.
>I think they made the right call, or the Banner/Widow thing would've been extra pointless, even though it's a great fucking idea.
Yeah you're right, I'm just hoping it will still be in there.
After all, if defeating Thanos wouldn't do it, a human lifting one of the legendary artefacts of the asgardians would definetly earn the respect for Earth in the MCU, which would be further reason for new, alien storylines and characters to be introduced.
>>
>>81231994
I certainly wanted him to be more than one-note.

His chats with the twins, for instance, were great, but he undermined himself a lot with his weird little moments like "What's the word for children?"

If it was meant to be funny, it wasn't. If it was meant to give him quirks, it fell flat. It just broke the tension and made him seem lame to go from so well-spoken to fumbling for his words when he's clearly had time to ruminate on this and get his thoughts in order.
>>
>>81231683
I'd like to add that if they do that whole walk to Thanos, It should be with skinny Steve barely fitting the Cap Uniform and lifting the shield, with Thanos pimp-slap breaking the shield throwing him near Mjolnir thus triggering these events.

Since the four Russos love Cap and write them better than anyone, I have no doubts they'd do it this way.

>>81232134
Yeah, the line 'Humans create children, designed to supplant them' is actually a good line. Breaking it up was dumb.
>>
Chris Evans is supposed to show some new footage at the MTV Movie awards.
>>
>>81232187
Is that today?
>>
>>81227999

>10 movies

What the fuck

doesn't it come out in 2019? Are they going to do literally 3 movies per year?
>>
>>81227197
>Whedon blaming everyone else

That's not news.
>>
>>81232278
Well yeah, starting from next year they'll have 3 movies a year.
>>
>>81232278
>Are they going to do literally 3 movies per year?
Why yes they are
>>
>>81232201
April 10th.
>>
>>81226616
>liked bvs
>looking forward to CA:CW
fuck you /co/ and your company wars, I'm hype as shit
>>
>>81228519
I'd take Blunt or Theron. But please, in the name of all that is holy, remove Dormer from that list.
>>
>>81226616
Any more cool videos like this?
>>
>>81232602
fan stuff in general?
https://youtu.be/cmBnBSH7on8
>>
>>81231913
The argument my friend had and he's correct imo is that this Ultron is based on Tony's personality which is why there's a whole banter between the two of them. But it also explains the jokes Ultron has because he pretty much is an evil Tony Stark of MCU.
>>
>>81232712
updated
https://youtu.be/LcZ9Bxc6nRk
>>
>>81232765
Doesn't explain why some of the lines fall flat though.
>>
>>81228488
I have a few questions: How does one get into one of these focus groups? And why it whenever they get brought up they appear to often be comprised of morons?
>>
>>81228519
>>81228559
>>81228574
>>81228964
>>81229003
>beliebing something with literally no sources
>reported by no other outlet
wew lands if I made a movie site with a buzzfeed like layout and posted an article citing a "credible source" saying Elizabeth Olsen and ScarJo are suckig my dick RIGHT NOW you'd probably believe it too.
>>
>>81232842
Lie on those surveys. These executives target specific audiences. It just turns out that these audiences are also mouth-breathing wage workers or families that just want their money's worth. Hence, focus groups
>>
File: 1393682651632.png (63 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1393682651632.png
63 KB, 600x601
>>81232788
Sweet.
>>
File: gv focus group 8.jpg (133 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
gv focus group 8.jpg
133 KB, 500x647
>>81232842
>And why it whenever they get brought up they appear to often be comprised of morons?

some times the groups are total morons. Some times, execs purposefully make them appear to be morons to make it seem like their ideas should be implemented.
>>
>>81231683
damn, i didnt even remember that scene, just picturing it in my head gave me the chills
>>
>>81226792
>AoU was pretty shit
ONE YEAR PEOPLE. ONE YEAR.

AND THIS MEME IS STILL UP AND GOING.
>>
>>81229519
Marvel is finished! Capekino! Suicide Watch!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLb8sCHC1G8

POULTRY
O
U
L
T
R
Y
>>
>>81232842
As long as you have a brain capable of rational and critical thought, you will never make it.
>>
>>81227779
Not even Chris Evans likes that line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux7AZrYUiuo
>>
>>81233277
Oh man, I just realized imagine if they bring this back against Thanos
>>
>>81227779
The language gag was hilarious
>>
File: 1376017999938.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1376017999938.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>81233355
>you will never be friends with Chris Evans
>>
>>81233515
It's okay, Tony. You still have Jarv- oh.
>>
File: you will never.jpg (104 KB, 642x710) Image search: [Google]
you will never.jpg
104 KB, 642x710
>>81233515
>>
>>81226616
>0:54
Wait, when did Cap pick up a file on Tony?
>>
>>81233629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pov4qMSfg9w

Avengers deleted scene.
>>
>>81233629

Deleted scene from Avengers. Steve goes through files of the Commandos, Carter and Tony in his apartment.
>>
>>81233357
Steves gonna die in Civil War so I kind of doubt it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8hcvNeWtg

Reminder that he's one of us.
>>
File: 1385759850504.jpg (32 KB, 219x256) Image search: [Google]
1385759850504.jpg
32 KB, 219x256
>>81233584
It hurts so much, anon.
Please stop.
>>
File: 1457729000153.gif (700 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1457729000153.gif
700 KB, 500x208
>>81233554
Yeah, he's going to get a taste for femdom and he'll have to switch sides.
>>
>>81233515
>>
>>81230314

Peter is a sort of trump card because having Peter on Tony's side shows Cap that the next generation agrees with him. That could be deflating.
>>
>>81233708
Vision ain't Jarvis. Just has his voice and intonation. Vision is kill.
>>
>>81233715
It's almost unbelievable how handsome those two are.
>they will never give each other a strong handshake while in costume
>>
>>81233584
Even she is jealous and she has one of the nicest racks out there.
>>
>>81232966
he does good work
https://youtu.be/Fb7e1C5JUUY
>>
>>81233411
No, is stupid
>>
File: 1378392141245.jpg (24 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1378392141245.jpg
24 KB, 313x286
>>81226616

I can't believe the company wars going in the comment section is worse then ours.
>>
File: 17660273.gif (606 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
17660273.gif
606 KB, 500x324
>>81233872
>quality edited footage
>suddenly all kinds of villians start showing up

I fucking came.
I once again believe we will one day see a true Justice League movie in our life times.
>>
>>81230887
Well said, anon.
>>
If this doesn't end in Tony and Steve fucking like sex-starved bunnies, I will be disappoint.

Or just wait for the gay XXX parody to be made. The Star Wars one is pretty good so far.
>>
File: dalekrain.gif (476 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
dalekrain.gif
476 KB, 500x264
>>81233644
Well fuck. That's such a depressing scene.
>>
>>81234135
Youtubes comment section is always worse than anywhere else on the internet
>>
File: 1450556350265.jpg (64 KB, 724x806) Image search: [Google]
1450556350265.jpg
64 KB, 724x806
>>81234457
>Tony and Steve
>not Bucky and Steve
Get better taste in homos anon.
>>
>>81234135
Yeah, I am amazed at the amount of casuals who never have actually read a comic feel the the need to war and fly banners over comic book movies like it's the gotsdamn Middle Ages.
>>
>>81234586
I don't believe anywhere can be worse than /tv/
>>
Do you think we will see Cap cry at the funeral?
>>
>>81234663
No, he's gonna leave as soon as its over to be with Bucky.
>>
>>81233644
that's sad
>>
>>81234758
Cap's life is sad.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.