[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok Wally people I have a question for you. >Lets you pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: wallywest.jpg (54 KB, 441x558) Image search: [Google]
wallywest.jpg
54 KB, 441x558
Ok Wally people I have a question for you.

>Lets you pick up a Flash book and original red head Wally is back, Kids Linda and all, just runs right in and starts talking to Barry like he never left.

>But its never explained how or why, hes just back no questions asked.

>black wally is gone and never mentioned again or brought up its as if he never existed

Do you question this are you upset? Or are you just happy Wally West is back?
>>
>>81226490
Happy but disappointed for the lack of opportunity. The return of Wally West should be a groundreaking arc. And it will be.
>>
I've never read a flash comic. Where should I start?
>>
>>81226877
Barry's first appearance. Honestly majority of Flash is great.
>>
>>81226929
The trial of barry allen was great but it dragged too long.
>>
>>81226877
Flash Vol 2 #1
>>
I don't care because over-explaining every detail is kinda boring. You gotta remember, Wally gained his powers in the most bullshit way possible. He was there when another lightning bolt hit him in the same exact place with the same exact chemicals giving him the same exact powers

I don't need a fucking thesis for why every single detail fits in this new continuity. That doesn't mean you should be able to get away with whatever the fuck you want with no regard for continuity, but Cheesus Crust just do SOMETHING
>>
>>81226929
What comic is that? Like the volume/ title?
>>
>>81227024
Vol 2 #1
>>
Sort of related to flash... what is the justice League cartoon episode where they are in an alt universe and all of them died in like a subway accident?
>>
>>81227004
>not wanting to see Wally confront Barry about erasing him and his family from existence

You're a terrible person
>>
>>81227103
>Not wanting to see Wally smile as he run fast with the rest of his family
I'm terrible?
>>
>>81226490
I wouldn't question it because I'm not an autist who's obsessed with continuity. I'm an autist obsessed with original Wally.
>>
>>81227223
Except the explanation of his return would be a great story arc.
>>
>>81227244
Eh. I don't care too much. I'd just want to jump into new adventures before DC decided to revamp things again.
>>
>>81227103
>Barry:Hey Wally long time no see

>Wally: go fuck yourself Barry, I'm going to see Jay

>Barry: who is Jay?

>Wally:YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!
>>
File: file_184489_0_earth22658.jpg (129 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
file_184489_0_earth22658.jpg
129 KB, 658x370
>>81227287
Hey guys, what's going on here

I stopped reading shortly before the-then new writer took over. please tell me it's still good.
>>
>>81227314
I'm afraid I only have bad news for you.
>>
>>81230063
So the Injustice writer failed , or Earth two got cancelled

PLEASE OH PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME THERE'S STILL ALL-STAR WESTERN. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT THAT
>>
That is mostly ok but, I'd also be ok with keeping black Wally in that scenario. I love weird time travel and multiverse shit. Multiple versions are part of the fun. Imagine Irey and Jai hanging out with their not-dad. NuWally having to deal with the idea that there's an adult version of him and that more direct legacy theme. It would be good shit.
>>
>>81226490
Why there can't be TWO Wallys?
>>
>>81226490
>But its never explained how or why, hes just back no questions asked.
I would have preferred this to the goat people world stuff when Wally came back last time.
>>
>>81230095
Oh boy you should sit down
>>
File: 1446703205117.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446703205117.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>81230226
Don't do this to me, anon. there has to be SOMETHING. tell me the flash is at least still good? Or that JLA is still readable?

Oh for the love of god. Just tell me there's SOMETHING I like that's good.
>>
>>81226490

>Whitewashing Wally

Can we not?
>>
>>81230275
Well do you like Dick? Because Grayson is good, and it's ending soon but Nightwing will more or less continue everything just with Dick in a costume again

I can't help you with the rest of that post
>>
>>81230275
The Flash still runs really fast and there is a JLA
>>
I don't keep up with DC, what's this about a Black Wally?
>>
>>81230293
>Whitewashing a white guy

Can YOU not?
>>
File: 1446706099777.gif (3 MB, 200x181) Image search: [Google]
1446706099777.gif
3 MB, 200x181
>>81230329
What you aren't saying speaks volumes.
>>
>>81230336
He's a delinquent piece of shit.
He also has bad hair.
>>
>>81230336
The new 52 Wally is a biracial (white+black) child instead of a white adult because they decided to retread the Kid Flash shit and make him black like he is on the TV show (even though Iris is still white in the comics). He's also very poorly written but it seems like at least that part of it might get fixed when the book gets a new writer.
>>
>There are people who get upset at the race change

It's not the color of the character, it's the character itself. Wally West's Flash wasn't that he was white with red hair, but rather that he was Wally West.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>81227103
>>81227287

>Wally wants revenge and becomes the new Zoom.
>>
They could have I don't know.. lets say.. a twisted version of Superboy punch reality and change the universe... no never mind that sounds to stupid
>>
>>81230439
That's why I hope they really are bringing him back for Titans at least. We don't need a full regression. It will suck that he'll have to get a new costume and they probably won't bring his family over too.
>>
Is the new 52 flash worth reading?

Sorry, I'm just getting back into reading comics, and this was the first flash related thread I saw
>>
>>81230443
>Wally runs so fast he breaks into the real world
>Starts targeting and murdering DC writers
>Goes on
>Starts killing artists and producers to
>Corners Johns in a room
>Makes him tell everybody about what happened and why
>Wally runs off and is never seen again
>All security footage shows no sign of Wally
>Grant Morrison is in every single piece of footage, completely unharmed
>>
>>81230386
Wat? Why not just make a new character?
>>
>>81230443
You're probably right. People have been theorizing that's he's Godspeed.
>>
>>81230522
Or just bring XS to the past if you need a black speedster kid.
And it's because Venditti and Jensen are hacks. Same reason they stole Zolomon's power and gave it to Thawne.

>>81230517
It's ok, not amazing besides the art, when Manapul and Buccelatto are on the book, but then it goes to shit.
>>
>>81230517
First 25 or so issues has very pretty art. Story is just sort of average. Afterwards, it goes to complete shit.
>>
>>81230573
They brought back Thawne? Zolomon was such a better character.
>>
>>81230557
The Flash solicit mentions a friend returning. That's probably Wally, unless he's playing both roles.
>>
>>81230517
I liked it, I prefer the new 52 Barry that's a hybrid of both Barry and Wally in terms of personality
>>
>>81230573
>>81230586
So read the Manapul run, then not much else. thanks.

Off topic, so I'll spoiler
Is there anything either of you would recommend as a good read? Flash or otherwise Last things I read were the Jonah Hex run from before the reboot, and the Geoff Johns Shazam short run because I heard it was good if you got over Billy being bratty
>>
>>81230275
JLA is readable right now. It has its ups and downs.
>>
>>81230598
I saw this theorized before the solicits came out. So, they could've debunked that theory.
>>
>>81230637
You're better off making a separate thread honestly, Dial H and Omega Men are both good and not exactly cookie cutter
>>
>>81230522
No new character because replacing old characters with a new one with names only is in style now.

Seriously, it's just too much work for them to try to make a new character that's likeable. It's easy for them to ride on the coat tails of a beloved character with DECADES of characterization and history instead.

This Wally truly is so different that he really might as well be a new character of course, but DC wanted the character cast to be more "diverse" I guess, without haveing to put in some hard work.
>>
>>81230733
If it was about diversity they would have made him Asian like his kids to replace the speedsters they erased. It was about cheap synergy.
>>
Personally, I imagine a story that begins with a character having a sort-of deja-vu moment around Black Wally and asks him "Didn't you use to be white?" or something.
>>
>>81230711
done, and gonna look into Omega Men/Dial H
>>
>>81227004
It was literally a "lightning strikes twice" moment. I don't want to get all George Lucasy on you but there's poetry to that.

Thing is, that was retconned in Born to Run as actually just being Barry willing the same thing to happened to him to happen to Wally. Which makes sense because the Speed Force was introduced shortly after.
>>
>>81230754
It was about Diversity + trying to make him similar to the show since they knew he would eventually appear as a black dude in that.

the problem is it's not like the show's going to be around forever and this change has to be permanent because of shitty race politics
>>
>>81232624
They're most certainly bringing back older Wally in Rebirth judging by the Flash and Titans solicits, so I think they'll just keep both versions around.
>>
>>81230386
How many fucking child Flashes are there now?
>>
>>81226490

I don't see why they couldn't just go "IT'S SPEED FORCE, I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT" like every other time they needed to have some random shit happen. Speed force is basically just magic and can do anything with no further rationale required.
>>
>>81230095
Are you a time-traveller, or were you locked in a cell was th no internet for around two years?
>>
>>81230275
There's plenty of good stuff in DC right now, but outside of Justice League, it's all about B- to D-listers. That said, there's a relaunch (not reboot) coming up soon, that's giving us some very solid creative teams on the big heroes (including Flash).
>>
>>81232949
This is true. Just have Wally run out of it. You can say it's a gateway to hypertime if you must.
>>
>>81233227
I pretty much just stopped reading comics for two years. stopped following them, stopped caring about them. Only recently did i get an urge to pick them up again
>>
>>81227103
>wanting Barry to be sad
YOU'RE a terrible person, anon
>>
Black Wally runs so fast his skin turns white and his hair red
>>
>>81227314
It got bad, then it got real shitty, then it got even worse, then it became literal garbage, then it got EVEN WORSE, and only now its mangled and battered body is slowly recovering
>>
>>81233688
man, this makes me sad. I really liked where Earth-2 was going before the writing switch
>>
>>81226490
>What, Wally doesn't even get the explanation he deserves, they just bring him back like nothing ever happens and they did nothing wrong? God damn it DC treats Wally like SHIT. When Wally's around or not, people should be TALKING ABOUT HIM
>>
>>81227103

Convergence confirms this isn't true.
>>
>>81233838
That'd be Kyle you're thinking of.
>>
>>81233889
Didn't Convergence end with them making it so that COIE never happened?

I mean that retcon might've made it so Wally never even became The Flash.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.