[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: THE DCEU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15
File: 1459119593779.jpg (638 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459119593779.jpg
638 KB, 1382x2048
So far, of course.

>Darren Aronofsky, Matt Reeves, Duncan Jones and Jonathan Liebesman were the frontrunners to direct MAN OF STEEL before Zack Snyder was hired. Ben Affleck was also offered the position, but declined.

>Joe Manganiello, Matthew Goode, Colin O'Donoghue, Zac Efron and Armie Hammer auditioned for the role of Superman before Henry Cavill was cast. Snyder favored Manganiello, but he couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts with TRUE BLOOD.

>Anne Hathaway was offered the role of Lois Lane, but declined in favor of playing Catwoman in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Olivia Wilde, Emmy Rossum, Charlotte Riley, Dianna Agron, Margot Robbie, Alexis Knapp, Kaya Scodelario, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kristen Bell, Lake Bell and Mila Kunis all auditoned before Amy Adams was cast. Wilde was reportedly the frontrunner beforehand.

>Daniel Day-Lewis was heavily pursued to play Jor-El, but declined. Sean Penn and Clive Owen were also considered.

>Connie Nielsen was originally slated to play Lara Lor-Van, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and was briefly replaced by Julia Ormond, who dropped out as well, leading to Aylet Zurer being cast. Nielsen is now playing Queen Hyppolita in WONDER WOMAN.

>Bruce Greenwood, Dennis Quaid, Michael Biehn and Kurt Russell were considered for Jonathan Kent before Kevin Costner was cast.

>Julianne Moore, Lisa Rinna, Jodie Foster, Sela Ward and Elisabeth Shue were considered for Martha Kent before Diane Lane was cast.

>Diane Kruger, Rosamund Pike, Kate Mara and Gal Gadot were considered for Faora before Antje Traue was cast. Snyder favored Gadot, but she couldn't commit due to her pregnancy.

>Viggo Mortensen was heavily pursued to play General Zod, but declined, leading to Michael Shannon being cast.
>>
Source[s]?
>>
File: 1457863774904.jpg (716 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
1457863774904.jpg
716 KB, 1382x2048
>Rough cuts began with Clark Kent arriving at the Daily Planet and developed the narrative through three interlocked sets of flashbacks, one in Krypton, one of Clark's childhood, and one of Clark's adulthood and transformation into Superman. Audiences found this confusing, so the Krypton segments were condensed into a prologue, the childhood flashbacks were trimmed, and the narrative was made linear.

>Christopher Nolan objected to the idea of killing Zod, favoring the original ending in which he's exiled to the Phantom Zone with his men, but Snyder and Goyer advocated for a more dramatic conclusion exploring the origin of Superman's code, and Nolan and WB executives were eventually convinced.

>Snyder originally envisioned an after-credits scene where a shipment of Kryptonite would be delivered to Wayne Manor, but Nolan convinced him it was unnecessary.

>WB briefly greenlit MAN OF STEEL 2 featuring Lex Luthor and Metallo, which eventually became BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>Josh Brolin and Ben Affleck were offered the role of Batman, but declined. Joe Manganiello, Matthew Goode, Scott Adkins, Max Martini and Richard Armitage auditioned for the role before Affleck later reconsidered.

>Olga Kurylenko, Elodie Yung and Emily Ratajkowski auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman before Gal Gadot was cast.

>Joaquin Phoenix was heavily pursued to play Lex Luthor, but declined. Matt Damon, Bradley Cooper, Denzel Washington and Bryan Cranston were also potential choices before Snyder changed his plans for the character.

>Jesse Eisenberg was originally approached to play Jimmy Olsen, but declined, and Snyder decided to offer him Lex Luthor instead. Michael Cassidy played Olsen.

>Adam Driver and Penn Badgley auditioned for the roles of Barry Allen.

>Michael B. Jordan was offered the role of Cyborg, but declined in favor of playing the Human Torch in FANTASTIC FOUR.
>>
File: 1459119664798.jpg (716 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459119664798.jpg
716 KB, 1382x2048
>Timothy Dalton was considered for the role of Alfred Pennyworth.

>Jena Malone was cast as Barbara Gordon, who reportedly had a "pivotal" role in the movie's third act, but all of her scenes were cut.

>David Goyer's draft was completely scrapped when Affleck came aboard and called in Chris Terrio to rewrite the script. Snyder shot material from Goyer's draft, including Clark Kent meeting Victor Stone while covering a football game between Metropolis University and Gotham City University. The rewrite is reportedly the cause of the six months delay from summer June 2015 to March 2016.

>The Joker and the Riddler would originally appear in the movie.

>Christopher Nolan originally objected to Superman's death, but Snyder ultimately convinced him. Early drafts featured Superman being exiled to Space rather than sacrificing himself to stop Doomsday.

>Gugu Mbatha-Raw was linked to the role of Mera in JUSTICE LEAGUE before Amber Heard was cast.

>Alona Tal and Abbey Lee Kershaw have been linked to the role of Black Canary in JUSTICE LEAGUE.

>Angelina Jolie, Kathryn Bigelow, Catherine Hardwicke, Mimi Leder, Karyn Kusama, Julie Taymor and Tricia Brock were considered to direct WONDER WOMAN before Michelle McLaren was cast. However, she dropped out due to creative differences and was replaced by Patty Jenkins.

>Liam Hemsworth and Alexander Skarsgard were considered for the role of Steve Trevor.

>Cate Blanchett was offered the role of Queen Hyppolita, but declined.

>Jeff Nichols and Noam Munro were considered to direct AQUAMAN before James Wan was hired.

>Phil Lord & Chris Miller were slated to write and direct THE FLASH, but dropped out in favor of STAR WARS: HAN SOLO, writing only a story, with Seth Grahame-Smith taking over writing and directing duties.
>>
File: 1452707478175.jpg (289 KB, 1530x1394) Image search: [Google]
1452707478175.jpg
289 KB, 1530x1394
>Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer were considered for Amanda Waller in SUICIDE SQUAD before Viola Davis was cast.

>Tom Hardy was originally cast as Rick Flagg, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with THE REVENANT. Jake Gyllenhall, Joel Edgerton, Luke Evans and Jon Bernthal auditioned for the role before Joel Kinnaman was cast.

>Jai Courtney auditioned for the role of Deadshot before being cast as Boomerang.

>Guillermo Del Toro was slated to write and direct DARK UNIVERSE, centered on John Constantine assembling Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Swamp Thing, Jason Blood/Etrigan and Deadman to fight Anton Arcane, but later dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Producer Scott Rudin was attached to the project, and Fede Alvarez was rumored to be the lined up to replace Del Toro, with Colin Farrell, Monica Belucci, Ewan McGregor, Ron Perlman and Ben Mendehlson in negotiations to play Constantine, Madame Xanadu, Jason Blood, Swamp Thing and Anton Arcane, but the project since appears to have been scrapped.
>>
Why was Matt Bomer (left) not considered for the role given he resembles Clark Kent?
>>
>>81226349
Jena Malone is actually Barbara Gordon o just a rumor?
>>
>>81226463
It's confirmed.
>>
>>81226367
He was. Just not for MoS.
>>
>>81226367
>Why was Matt Bomer (left) not considered for the role given he resembles Clark Kent?

Because he's a tv actor with no standing in Hollywood.

Also, he might have read and given a poor performance, or been unwilling to workout for the role, uninterested in the part, or busy with his tv work.
>>
>>81226274
>Daniel Day-Lewis was heavily pursued to play Jor-El, but declined. Sean Penn and Clive Owen were also considered.

>/co/
only the toppest of keks
>>
>>81226364
>we could have had Monica Belucci as Zatanna
>>
I want matt damon for all star lex and i want it now
>>
>>81226645
Xanadu.
>>
>>81226532
This bothers me, maybe BVS was how it was because they prefered to put easter eggs and hints what confused the audience instead of scenes what were real plot
>>
>>81226690
Wait, at the beginning they list Zatanna after Constantine but at the end they don't list her at all.

No Zatanna? Fuck that hypothetical movie then
>>
>>81226713
Its how it was because snyder
Terrio, affleck, nolan didnt do it
Its snyder
>>
>>81226737
They just didn't have anyone in mind for her yet
>>
>>81226713
I think it would have been better if they changed the plot entirely. Dark and brooding superman is fucking stupid
>>
>>81226713
What would Barbara add?
>>
>>81226274
>Anne Hathaway was offered the role of Lois Lane, but declined in favor of playing Catwoman in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

They were making MoS same time as TDK Rises?
>>
>>81226274
>Joe Manganiello
I always see him at the top of casting lists for fairly serious capefilm characters but all I remember him playing is this ditzy jock on How I Met Your Mother. Is he secretly a really good actor on top of having the body for it or something?
>>
>>81227813
Could have added more to Batman than just dream sequences and easter eggs
>>
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D38wb02PI89Y&start1=&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVNmrZpCgH_4&start2=9%3A00&authorName=Ayarkhaan+Enemy
>>
>>81227947
More like they both went into casting production at the same time and Hathaway had two options MoS or TDKR.
>>
>>81226333
>Christopher Nolan objected to the idea of killing Zod
>Christopher Nolan originally objected to Superman's death

Interesting that Nolan is very concerned with keeping Superman and death separate
>>
>>81228889

People meme about Nolan only being some grimdark zombie, but that's never been the case. Even stuff like Interstellar and Inception had sappy emotional cores to them, just because he had a specific vision for Batman doesn't mean it would apply for every hero he touches.
>>
>>81228946
This, after Interstellar i don't know how people relate him with something dark and serious
>>
>>81228084
It's mostly the body.
>>
>>81228946
>>81229000
You know, after watching Interstellar I'm actually interested in what a Nolan directed Superman movie would be like.
>>
>We will never get Lucy Lawless as a mature Maxima.
>>
>>81226364
>Ewan McGregor as Jason Blood
>Directed by Del Toro
Yup, DC just can't commit to actually making a good movie, so we're getting nothing but "safe" shit.
>>
>>81229630
I've seen her eyes!
>>
>>81230278
>BvS
>safe in any way other than it's Batman and Superman
>>
>>81226333
is it weird i want Olga Kurylenko to be wonder woman?
>>
>>81226333
>>81226349
>Christopher Nolan objected to killing Zod, but Snyder convinced him
>Christopher Nolan objected to Superman's death, but Snyder convinced him

...I'm seeing a pattern here
>>
>>81226364
>Del Toro makes his Dark movie
>Justice League consists of Superman, Batman, Constantine, Zatanna, Swap Thing, Etrigan, and Deadman
>>
>>81226367

he at least voiced him in Superman Unbound and he was really good actually.

>>81230770

Nolan should have told Snyder to fuck off with this death bullshit.
>>
>>81226364
>Oprah as Waller
oh my god
>>
>>81227813
Context?
Supposedly the movie was barren over it.
>>
>>81231659
>Nolan should have told Snyder to fuck off with this death bullshit.
If Snyder made TDK, he would have had the Joker successfully blow up the ferries.
>>
>>81230770
Why even have Nolan on board at all if your not going to even listen to his advice? Fucking Snyder
>>
>>81230449
Are you implying it's not? They didn't even have the cojones to commit to Superman's death for the movie being.
>>
>>81231870
If Snyder made TDK Batman would have blown up the ferries himself to prove some randian point
>>
>>81226364
>Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer were considered for Amanda Waller in SUICIDE SQUAD before Viola Davis was cast.

Why does no live action DC project want CCH Pounder for Waller? That shit is perfect.
>>
>>81226274
>>81226333
>>81226349
Out of all this shit, Clive Owen and Viggo Mortensen would have been dope. Also, Denzel Washington as Lex Luthor would have been a very interesting take on the character.

All of the cast of JL: Dark sounds great. Like. I need this movie.

>>81226560
He voiced Supes in Superman: Unbound and it was rather underwhelming. He would have been an awful big screen Supes.
>>
>>81226349
>Phil Lord and Chris Miller dropped out because of Han Solo
Darkest timeline
>>81226532
Sauce?
>>
>>81232371
There was a verified WB survey listing her as Barbara.
>>
>>81231870
>>81231985

it scares me so much how he'd do that.

>>81232085
>Denzel Washington as Lex Luthor

wasn't there going to be a version of Lex where he's black or am I misrembering.

Denzel could have been interesting actually.
>>
>>81230642
Not at all. She's probably the most Wonder Womanish one out of those options. But it's weird they seemed to be going for tall, super skinny model types instead of someone more toned/built which is how Wonder Woman usually comes off to me.
>>
>>81226333
>Michael B. Jordan was offered the role of Cyborg, but declined in favor of playing the Human Torch in FANTASTIC FOUR.

Bet he feels like a fucking idiot for this decision lmbo
>>
>>81235200
BvS and FF were different levels of mediocre, but one didn't chain him to a 10 year contract.

If anything he's relieved.
>>
Hack Snyder: King of the Edgelords

Someone should make this a movie. It'd almost certainly be better than anything he's directed.
>>
>>81235200
Funny thing is, he still wants to play another Superhero. I wonder if he'll be in Black Panther.
>>
>>81227709
Superman wasn't even dark and brooding in BvS compared to MoS. He was basically a cardboard cutout. I don't have anything against Cavill in general. But he's made an incredibly uninspired/boring Superman so far.
>>
>>81226274
Emmy Rossum is a hottie
>>
>>81228084
It's just how he looks.

Although he was entertaining in Pee-Wee's Big Holiday.
>>
>>81226333
>All the talented people that DECLINED

Seems like they could smell the stink on this project.
>>
>>81235262
BvS was mediocre. FF was another level of bad. But you're right about the contract.

>>81235486
Anon, we already have a Black Panther.

>>81235496
Seriously I would have been happy with that casting. Also she's not a terrible actress despite having been in terrible things like Dragon Ball Evolution. Another case of a film where the people in charge ignored advice from people who actually knew what they were talking about.
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (38 KB, 527x354) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
38 KB, 527x354
>>81226274
>>81226333
>>81226349

Notice how actors like Daniel Day Lewis, Viggo Mortensen, and Cate Blanchett wanted nothing to do with this garbage
>>
>>81235558
I mean shit even Affleck declined at first then saw Goyer's shitfest and had Terrio come in and try to save the hackjob
>>
>>81235769
Yes but who edited the movie and make the final decisions is snyder after all
>>
>>81235909
which is why it still sucked despite Affleck/Terrio's efforts
>>
>>81226349
>Alona Tal as Canary

HNNNNG
>>
>>81228889
I'm not super into Nolan's stuff but the dude know how to balance shit well in his movies and he's definitely not a one tricky pony. Even at it's darkest points his Batman trilogy has some lighthearted moments and heartfelt shit to break up the somber stuff. Like that other guy said too, his other movies had different tones. I didn't like Interstellar but that movie was pretty hopeful and "bright" IIRC.
>>
>>81235200
He did pretty well in Creed so he'll survive
>>
>>81235493
I think people are getting the "dark and brooding" sense from his constantly sad/smug face. The entire fucking movie, aside from the scene with him and Lois in the bath, he wears this pinched, haughty expression that also looks like he's five seconds away from either crying or throwing a temper tantrum.

Anytime I looked at Superman or Clark I wanted someone on screen to punch him in the face. Cavill is totally capable of pulling off a kind but stern expression in a role (see; 85% of Man From Uncle) but his direction in this has him looking like a mopey asshole.
>>
>>81226349
Goyer still has his script credit, so they didn't throw his script out.
>>
>>81226333
>we could've had Olga Kurylenko

FUCK
>>
File: overgold.jpg (84 KB, 549x529) Image search: [Google]
overgold.jpg
84 KB, 549x529
>>81226274
>>Daniel Day-Lewis was heavily pursued to play Jor-El, but declined. Sean Penn and Clive Owen were also considered.
>My face when DDL will never EVER be reduced to capeshit.
>>
File: IMG_0358R2.jpg (126 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358R2.jpg
126 KB, 720x576
>>81235531
He was super thrilled at such a ground breaking role and chance to play such a dynamic, thrilling, super sexy character as himself
>>
>>81226367
Matt Bomer's shorter than Cavill
>>
One of the weaknesses of DC's strategy is that there's not really room for sequels, so even if you have a favorite character they're not showing up again until Justice League aside from Wonder Woman's WWI movie. Though this is probably also true with the recent MCU additions like Doctor Strange, Black Panther, etc.
>>
>>81235724
Emmy has that weird thing where she is an amazing actress but she's so attractive that people don't take her seriously. Chris Evans kinda has the same thing.
>>
>>81226333
>Penn Badgley as Barry Allen
Holy shit
>>
>>81229630

The time has come, and so have I.
>>
File: 1335303002972.png (91 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1335303002972.png
91 KB, 200x200
>>81226274
>Zac Efron auditioned for the role of Superman

my sides
>>
>>81226333
>Batfleck
>Matt Damon as Luthor

I can't decide if I would like to see this happen or nah.
>>
>>81226274
>Olivia Wilde or Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Lois
>Literally any of those guys to be Jonathan
>Viggo Mortensen

Wow, I wish.
>>
File: ?!?.gif (178 KB, 212x327) Image search: [Google]
?!?.gif
178 KB, 212x327
>>81226333
>a more dramatic conclusion exploring the origin of Superman's code

What fucking code? He kills all of 20 seconds after he first appears in BvS.
>>
File: 07.jpg (92 KB, 367x365) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
92 KB, 367x365
>>81226274
>mfw Kurt Russel is in Guardians 2 now
>>
File: RGEoO.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
RGEoO.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>81226274
>Duncan Jones
>Darren Afronfsky
>Matt Damon
>Denzel Washington
>Bryan Cranston
>>
File: 1459006983683.jpg (35 KB, 440x427) Image search: [Google]
1459006983683.jpg
35 KB, 440x427
>>81226274
>Snyder favored Manganiello, but he couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts with TRUE BLOOD

That shit is still going?
>>
File: 1440944452416.jpg (65 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1440944452416.jpg
65 KB, 672x434
>>81237225
>never heard of her before
>just now looked her up

Hot fucking DAYUM. I didn't expect that from someone named Olga.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.