[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the trident stay black? Why the slightly edgy tattoos? Those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1500x1000
Will the trident stay black? Why the slightly edgy tattoos? Those are honestly my only complaints. What do you think?
>>
>>81225044
I thought he would look retarded at first, but watching him in the theater looked pretty cool. Black trident is alright with me, but I hate tattoos in general.
>>
>>81225044
>Why the slightly edgy tattoos?
How the fuck are tribal tattoos edgy?
The Blob eating The Wasp corpse in Ultimatum was edgy, this is a million light years from that, fuck the god damn hell off.
>>
File: WEBM - Aquaman Bvs.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WEBM - Aquaman Bvs.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>81225172
purist despise the idea of tattoos because it goes against the bible. they think people that get ink care about their opinions
>>
>>81225172
Because they're unnecessary to the character and are only there to make him look "badass" when in fact they just look stupid.
>>
>>81225180
I don't like how slow he appears to be moving when striking the drone. His movement should be a little more natural I feel. But seeing the power he generates when swimming off is fantastic. It's all I could want from a live action Aquaman.
>>
>>81225236
But they do not look stupid in any way shape or form.
>>
>>81225044
>>81225236
IIRC, Momoa already had those tattoos, or at least some of them. I wouldn't call them edgy as much as they are tribal. It doesn't even look that stupid. Stupid and Edgy would be having "Skwad" tattooed onto your castmates and you.
>>
>>81225172
His orange armor would have been better
>>
>>81225272
True. I guess I just don't like tribal tattoos in general. Something more creative would be better
>>
File: tumblr_mfjssxFG0U1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg (224 KB, 986x981) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfjssxFG0U1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg
224 KB, 986x981
>>81225275
>His orange armor would have been better
Its gold not orange, its only orange in the cartoons and early comics as they had no way of coloring metallic gold back then.
>>
Aquaman was awesome in Batman: Brave and and the Bold. Why couldn't they cast Brian Blessed and have him played like that?
>>
>>81225338
Anon you posted an image with a gold trident directly up against the much more orange suit. You disproved your own point
>>
>>81225338
This isn't Xavier's chair we're talking about here; his costume is orange.
>>
>>81225435
Are you retarded or colorblind?
>>
>>81225236
They're going for the whole Pacific islander thing. In case you didn't know tattoos are a big part of that culture
>>
>>81225491
Anon is right, anon. The suit in that picture is a much more vibrant orange. Still that's not the best point when gold alloys can come in a lot of shades as well.
>>
>>81225338
>>81225491
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/ivan-reis-and-joe-prado-artists-geoff-johns-aquaman#axzz44IZXaPAR

>When asked to describe Aquaman in one sentence Johns said, "I can do it in one-word: 'Tough.' That's it. Or maybe 'Orange.'"
>Or maybe 'Orange.'"
>Orange

Even Johns thinks you're a fucking idiot.
>>
So is everyone cool with the black trident? I don't mind it that much but gold would be better imo
>>
File: paralympic gold.jpg (57 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
paralympic gold.jpg
57 KB, 720x544
>>81225338
>>81225435
>>81225491
>>81225523
>>81225574
You idiots, it's Paralympic Gold.
>>
>>81226369
Maybe it develops a lovely gold shine/coat when he uses it's power?
>>
>>81226590
That would be a little weird but not bad
>>
>>81225123
You know how capes look stupidly impractical when done wrong?

For that one Aquaman scene, his long hair had the same effect. Shit's floating into his F.O.V half the time.
>>
>>81227154
Yeah, it was a bit weird to see. Again, the whole feel of him in the water was a bit off. Like he was more of a man in water then a meta human who can maneuver with ease in this domain. With any luck the Aquaman director will be able to capture the feel a bit better.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.