[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched BVS, and I gotta say...I liked it. Similarly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1457576605653.png (104 KB, 258x341) Image search: [Google]
1457576605653.png
104 KB, 258x341
So I just watched BVS, and I gotta say...I liked it. Similarly to MOS it starts off pretty boring but once things get going, I like it.

That blogpost aside, I have some specific questions maybe some of you can answer for me....what the hell was with that dream sequence with the Flash? Was it a dream? I mean, what the fuck was that? I didn't understand it at all....

How did Lex know how to work Kryptonian tech in the ship? Furthermore, how did he come to the conclusion that by bleeding on Zod's corpse and letting him fall into water would result in a monster? Futherly furthermore, why did it? Why did human blood + Kryptonian = a monster stronger than Superman? Is this something from the comics?

And finally, at the end....does the whole world know Superman is Clark Kent now?
>>
>>81223499

I assume he learned all sorts of bullshit from the computer including how to make genetic abominations.
>>
>>81223499

On the ending, Superman's death and Clark's death were reported as seperate events that happened in the Daily Planet. Bruce notes at the funeral that Superman's coffin is actually empty, and Clark's body was buried in Clark's grave. So no, the world doesn't know his identity.
>>
>>81223561
I have to wonder, what the hell are they gonna do when Jesu- I mean Supes comes back? Have him adopt a new identity? Because if Clark Kent suddenly comes back from the dead right after Superman returns people are gonna ask questions.
>>
>was it a dream?
I guess we're supposed to assume it's possible future Flash trying to warn Bruce but only managing to vibrate himself into dream-frequency or some shit.

>How did Lex know how...
The shipboard computer taught him. How he could understand it and why it chose to teach some random asshole are unexplained.
>>
>>81223499
1 yes it was a dream, doesn't mean it wasn't real, i'd say it implies dimensions, reality not as one single plane

2 he didn't, he used zod's finger prints then used a key intuitively at which point lex used voice commands. the ship was giving him a bunch of information before it cut to something else. the premise of that zod scene gives information about krypton that implies more metaphysical notions of self also while alluding to bible shit as well as similar things people already do irl....

3 no. explicitly stated in convo between ww and bruce as well in newspaper that it's under wraps. empty coffin in metropolis
>>
>>81223561
>>81223686
>>81223739
How did Lex know Batman's identity? How did Superman?
>>
>>81224110
superman shown explicitly in the party scene that he hears wayne talking to alfred through an earpiece
lexnot specifically shown but the decrypted files implies that lex likes to know things, which is very much keeping with a lot of what lex said in the movie
>>
>>81223739
That dream sequence was real. It was all about Flash coming back to warm Bruce about Clark. Guaranteed, that post-apocalyptic earth we saw is going to happen in Justice League Pt.1 when Darkseid comes. But Superman is going to kill him, leaving the Parademons to follow Sups once he goes full Injustice after Bruce kidnaps/ kills Lois.
If you watch that scene closely, the Parademons are working with the Superman soldiers. And the armored Flash costume is definitely reminiscent of his suit in Injustice.
>>
>>81224451
Oh god no. Please not injustice... Please...
>>
>>81224451
never said it wasn't real, to reiterate, i think it's presentation implies things
if memory doesn't fail me, in the dream clark uses a certain term to refer to a certain woman, later lex uses the same term referring to superman's mother
>>
>>81224522
He says "She was my world, and you took her from me"
Right before what looks like him shoving his arm through Bruce's chest, which happens to The Joker right after he kills Lois in Injustice.
Honestly, im pumped because I enjoy the comic series. It's like DC's Civil War. So of course they're going to have it come out down the road like Marvel did.
It's just that Injustice is going to happen after Darkseid is beaten. Which would actually make it easier for Superman to lose his connection to humanity seeing as how he watched Earth get nearly destroyed then Lois' death
>>
Why does Superman call his mom Martha instead of mom? That seemed odd to me as well
>>
>>81224578
fuck i got that wrong
because the meaning of flash's message in relation to bruce's thoughts at the time...
>>
>>81224607
plot
>>
>>81224607
Because he want someone else to save his mother. He was also pretty fucked up at that point so wasnt thinking clearly. So saying her name instead of my mom sounded reasonable to him.
>>
>>81224607
Maybe he didn't want anyone to know he had an earth mom because of secret identity shit. But like others said, it was plot.
>>
>>81223686
>The shipboard computer taught him. How he could understand it and why it chose to teach some random asshole are unexplained.

Didnt he use Zod's prints to originally access it?

He sliced them off when he got the body and there is a scene with him with the prints on I'm guessing once he accessed with Zods prints then gave himself access
>>
>>81224451
>>81224578

You're really fucking stupid if you think any of these people working on the movie know anything about Injustice. Injustice has nothing to do with Darkseid.

There exists something called the Anti-Life equation that Darkseid's after so he can control people, that massive Omega symbol upon the face of the Earth was pretty blatantly hinting towards it, it's his brand to show the world's population is his, Superman under his power as well.

And Supes ruling the world has been prominent mostly since Red Son, which Cavill is a massive fan of.
>>
>>81224607

Well I imagine he was trying to say Martha Kent first, but I also think he was pretty messed in the head (Luthor repeating her name a lot probably was stuck in his mind too). Mostly plot though.
>>
>>81223684
>Because if Clark Kent suddenly comes back from the dead right after Superman returns people are gonna ask questions.
Clark could tell them he was off doing undercover word for the CIA with his best pal Jimmy, who is - in no way - actually dead. fuck you Snyder
>>
the dream was real if you watch the scene after he wakes up papers are still flying though the air.

I am guess Clark comes back from the dead but is working fo Darkseid and Lois is dead and that is the future, But since the flash came back and warned Bruce he knows to save Lois who can break the Spell over him this stopping that future from coming to be
>>
>>81223686
>and why it chose to teach some random asshole are unexplained.
Maybe it was malfunctioning?
>>
>>81224607
>>81225098
>>81225696
>>81225744
>>81226066

I like to think that Clark knew Bruce's mother's name (the Waynes are well known in their little part of the world after all, or Clark could have just looked it up while investigating Bruce/Batman) and thought that maybe by using her name he could get through to Bruce to at least save his mother now that he wouldn't be able to. also it was probably just plot
>>
>>81224451
>>81224451
>It was all about Flash coming back to warm Bruce about Clark
Flash said that Bruce was "right about him", and wonders if he traveled too far back in time.
When Bruce gets the message, he hates Superman, but at the end of the movie Bruce sees Superman in a positive light.
I like to think that Flash tried to tell Bruce that Superman is good and is just being mind controlled, but he did go "too early" so the message was misinterpreted.
>>
>>81226671
Flash also say FEAR HIM.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.