[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else really disappointed about how this show ended? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: jessica-jones-poster.jpg (297 KB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-poster.jpg
297 KB, 1013x1500
Anyone else really disappointed about how this show ended? The way Jessica beats Kilgrave is extremely anticlimactic.
>>
>>81223322
that's what I was thinking. Weird how it didn't even get into how she got her "powers" even though it teased it with the bathroom sink.

nice triple dubs btw.
>>
I'm more disappointed in how shitty Kilgrave is.
Him dying like a bitch was expected because that's exactly what he was.
>>
>>81223322
Kinda the point really, he was just a guy deluded by his own powers. Like a guy with a lot of money and social power threatening a guy with a gun, the out come is short and sad.
>>
>>81223708
I guessing that is the plot of season 2, assuming it doesn't get tied into defenders
>>
I liked it. She used his own impulses and personality against him.
>>
>>81223322
biggest issues I had was how pointlessly thrown in Nuke was (seriously why even) and how depowered Jessica was. Part of what made the original so effective was because Jessica wasn't slightly "stronger then normal", she was a super woman.
>>
>>81223322

>extremely anticlimactic

Welcome to Netflix Marvel
>>
>>81223861
Actually Jessica seemed to be pretty strong here, she just didn't be all flashy with it by lifting cars and throwing them into buildings and shit.
She was able to pin Luke against the wall despite him being heavier and having leverage just before they had sex the first time (which clearly turned Luke on I noticed).

Her disadvantage when fighting him came from the fact that even if she was stronger he was significantly more durable then she was, so no matter how she smacked him around she wasn't really getting anywhere with it. She dishes it out decently in their fight, it just doesn't really hurt him because of his skin and muscles being so dense and she has to keep moving because she conversely CAN be hurt by him.
Also, her super-jumps (while totally unseen) are apparently pretty impressive; she needed to jump exactly ONCE while carrying a full grown man on her shoulders to completely escape Nuke and his "boys".
>>
>>81223811
I thought the idea of her outsmarting him was good, but the he didn't really do a whole lot to confirm whether she was actually under his control or not and you could she wasn't from a mile away.
>>
>>81223918
And somehow she got overpowered by two normal dudes and knocked out by a skinny bitch hitting her in the head with a piece of wood.
>>
>>81223965
Killgrave was just so desperate to prove that he COULD have her back and such an egotistical fuck that he bought her bullshit.
This is a guy who's so arrogant that when he finally figured out she'll never love him his next logical mental step is "because she's incapable of feeling love"; literally everything revolves around him to this guy and he spends the ENTIRE show wrapping his head around the concept that Jessica doesn't because the concept is just so foreign to him.
>>
>>81223995
Not him, but how durable IS she in the comics? She can fly and is strong, but is she legitimately bulletproof too?
I figured since she was rather blatantly created as a stand-in for Spider-Woman when Bendis couldn't use her that she had roughly her powers (significant low-level strength around spidey-level, slow flight, not bulletproof or truly invulnerable, etc), but perhaps that's changed over time?
>>
>>81223861

I got the feeling Nuke was initially supposed to be used as a tie in for AoS, but got dropped in favor of Inhuman shennanigans.
>>
>>81224053
I think he'll be explained in another season or in another show, what with the plot hook of Jessica's powers hinted at after Patsy's investigations.
>>
>>81224031
>(significant low-level strength around spidey-level

She didn't have anywhere near spidey-level strength in the show, more like Cap-level and even that seems arguable considering how badly she got slapped around by Luke.
>>
>>81224031
>but is she legitimately bulletproof too?

Super strenght implicitly assumes the same level of resilience. What's the point of being super strong and having the strenght to lift up a car if your muscles still can't take the stress and break?

Also, Jessica got hit by a truck and was quickly up (if a little dizzy) but when she got attacked by her crazy neighbour she lost conscious for hours.
>>
>>81224053
>a tie in for AoS

Marvel will never tie-in the Netflix and ABC shows.
>>
>>81224068
>Cap-level
Cap can neither make leaps that make you crane your head all the way back to follow them and nor can he lift cars.
The problem with Spidey-level strength is that the only way you can show it is by having her lift HUGE shit (cars and larger) or busting through brick walls and the like; special effects budget-intensive stuff more or less.

Also, while it's lovely to talk about stuff we've already been over (in case one of us forgot it in the minute between posts and all), I was asking knowledgable anons about her durability in the comic books, not the show.
I'm not familiar with her character beyond reading a few of the early issues of Alias so I don't know what she's done other then she's not nearly powerful enough to fight the entire Avengers roster without being hospitalized.
>>
>>81224088
>but when she got attacked by her crazy neighbour she lost conscious for hours.

Well, that was just a blatant case of the writers not knowing how to move the story forward.
>>
>>81224088
Tell that to Spider-Man, who can bench around 10 tons and yet is still most definitively NOT bulletproof or knife-proof.
The problem with applying logic to super-strength is that super-strength literally defies physics and couldn't possibly rely on actual muscle mechanics to work, as large objects would fall apart around you if you tried to lift them:
>>
>>81224088
Yeah, forgot how totally shit this was
>>
File: 142620695390.gif (23 KB, 170x199) Image search: [Google]
142620695390.gif
23 KB, 170x199
>>81223322
The show ended with her literally only pretending to be retarded. I was pissed how it ended. The writers really need to figure out just what their endgame is and write their episodes more than a week in advance.
>>
>>81223999

I'm surprised he didn't just go:

> "Dear, please kill yourself. Make it hurt."
>>
>>81224124
Daredevil has at least four references to AoS.
In season 1 the orphanage Matt is from is the same one Skye is from. Battling Jack Murdock has a fight with Crusher Creel who becomes Absorbing Man on AoS.
In season 2 they reference Cybertek settling due to the actions of AoS' first season.
Plus it's confirmed that Coulson will be on Iron Fist.
>>
>>81225685

That's the problem that the ties are either insignificant easter eggs or ridiculously stupid. Like the final episode of JJ using the nurse from DD. Like it made sense to us because we know who that character is but objectively it's completely out of character and weird to suddenly trust this random nurse and spend so much time talking to her after jessica has known her for like 2 minutes.
>>
>>81224088
I got hit but a truck, once. It hurls you away more than hits you if the dude's breaking/going slow. The worst part is easily the ground, since it's not as bendable as the plastic/metal of the front of the vehicle.

A precise (even if lucky) hit of a 2x4 in the back of the neck seems more likely to put someone down, assuming she has little resistance like she seemed to have.

There are some inconsistencies with her strength, though, but that's about on par with most superheroes even in the movies.

What I didn't like about the finale is that the neck-snap was too impersonal. Faking his control was fine, but she should've punched him in the throat and have the dude incapable of speaking, while the rest of the mob (including the dude with the hammer) beat him to death at HER request. Would've made for a much powerful moment. Still a lot better than the comics.
>>
>>81225792
>while the rest of the mob (including the dude with the hammer) beat him to death at HER request.

that would be completely retarded.
>>
>>81225806
Would've made more sense, thematically. It would've meant rewriting the thing so he hadn't ordered them to stop.
>>
>>81225839
How does Jessica ordering strangers to kill someone make any sense at all? it goes completely against her character.
>>
>>81225891
Just as much as her killing, no? She probably wouldn't even have to tell them, they'd happily do it.
>>
>>81225917
she kills him because of the significant personal history between them and feeling responsible for his actions. That's a big stretch from telling strangers to murder someone, do you really not understand how fucking stupid that is?
>>
>>81225685
Also the Dogs of Hell gang
>>
>>81225751
They were desperate, it's why they went to the hospital in the first place. If SHIELD was around that wouldn't have been an issue. I think that's something the Defenders should address.
>>
>>81226498
>If SHIELD was around that wouldn't have been an issue.

If SHIELD was around they'd place him on the Index and then ship him away to some black site where their "best medical team" (read: Hydra) would be taking care of him.
>>
>>81226541
Or Fury would recruit him to the Secret Avengers and whip into the best damn agent you've ever seen.

You think Fury wouldn't have a B-Avengers to take down the real ones?
>>
I thought Kilgrave was gonna take over the radio station.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.