[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Wildstorm is DEAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: JUST.jpg (110 KB, 676x647) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
110 KB, 676x647
>tfw Wildstorm is DEAD
>>
>>81222138
For now!
>>
>>81222138
>Brendan Gayser
>>
If funny book companys are so into being sjw and bringing in minorities then why dont they bring back Rainmaker? She was a injun and a lesbo. Also I think Grunge was half chinaman
>>
Anyone else find it kind of ironic that the Image guys spun off in a fit of creator-driven we-want-the-IP-rights frenzy and them Jim Lee sold every character under his part of the imprint to DC comics?

He's as big of a hypocrite as he is bad of a character designer!
>>
>>81222215
I'm pretty sure they tried to bring back most of Gen 13 and filed at some point.
>>
File: swift boob job.jpg (72 KB, 400x165) Image search: [Google]
swift boob job.jpg
72 KB, 400x165
Did they ever bring back Swift? No? Then I don't care.
>>
>>81222138
Say what you will of this opinion, but I love Wildstorm. I was honestly hoping that Rebirth was going to feature one of the unused alternate realities being the Wildstorm Earth. The characters shined more without having to be in the same universe as the other DC characters.
And, being completely honest, the only Wildstorm character that's been treated well post-Flashpoint is Middy. And even then, I miss Middy/Apollo. Their dynamic was nice, and I'm not even LBGT.
>>
>>81223361
Whats annoying is as much as i hated combining wildstorm into the regular dc universe and fucking them all up they had an opportunity while doing so.
they could have actually had the authority in nu52 (or stormwatch) be the actual authority.

and have these guys suddenly annihilating bad guys left and right without reservation or mercy. And eventually have it all escalate to the point where they have to be confronted by the jla because those are the only hitters heavy enough to put a stop to these guys. you could have this authority jla crossover event where its just this battle of ideologies. Kinda like 'whats so funny about truth justice and the american way' but given space to breath and involving the actual authority not just superman pretending to kill a fake authority.

coulda been really fucking cool but alas...just lame stormwatch nu52.

Also if they did do that im not sure geoff johns could physically write the authority in a JLA comic. I figure their utter lack of nostalgic content would make his hands burn like a vampire in sunlight when he tried typing the damn thing.
>>
>>81222215

This. I guess WildStorm was ahead of it's time. They had equal representation but did it in a non-obnoxious way, like it was no big deal to have many characters with different races or sexual orientations. Which is obviously how it should be done.
>>
>>81223473
I'll be honest though. lets say was moved up some years. so instead of coming out when it did it was coming out now. and then it ended and we moved over to the authority with that equal representation group. taking those specific characters out of all the other wildstorm stormwatch bunch who were put aside or killed off.
I'm fairly certain that if that book came out today this forum would be full of people bitching about how the only reason they had the team made up of mostly minorities, women, or homosexuals was to pander to sjw bullshit. Even if it was literally created off of old scripts from the time it originally came out that just never got published. And if you said 'nah i think it is just genuine diversity occurring naturally in a way that isn't overdone' you would be told you are full of shit and obviously the only reason theyre doing it is to make bring in the sjw audience.
cos nowaday sure people shit on obvious cases of lady pandering bullshit (any pages involving thor), but ive seen plenty of folks assuming the same thing with every instance of diversity in recent comics.
>>
>>81223405
I mean Johns is Johns, I don't expect him to care about these properties. What annoys me the most is Jim Lee completely forgetting and ignoring Wildstorm characters.

The only creators I know that seem to give a fuck about Wildstorm at DC are Seeley, Orlando, Jackson Lanzig (the dude who did the last Grayson issue, he said he's a huge Authority fan and he was excited to write Midnighter) and I think Tynion said that he's a big Authority fan too. The higher ups don't care though. However, with Rich being right about a lot of Rebirth things, I'm wondering if he isn't right about the Vertigo stuff too. It's possible that DC will have books with more unknown characters through their Vertigo line. With Orlando only having one monthly book with Rebirth (and he's exclusive to DC/Vertigo now), I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a Vertigo Authority book. A man can hope anyway.
>>
My ideal Wildstorm integration is probably:
>Orland on a Stormwatch ongoing spinning out of Midnighter and his new involvement with Bendix/the Suicide Squad, probably under the jurisdiction of Amanda Waller
>The members of the Authority integrated to existing DC properties like Midnighter has been the Batfamily - at some point the Authority was around, it's over and its members are flying solo now. This also means you can have a 'shit just got real' team up when things are real bad and they tap back in touch with each other.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>81223537
>Vertigo Authority book

YES PLS
>>
>>81222138
There's no Wildstorm without Warren Ellis anyway. There, I said it,
>>
>Wildstorm
The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.
>>
>>81222243
Nah, just a smart business man.
>>
>>81222138

>MY IMPRINT IS DEAAAAAADDDDDD!!!!
>>
They could easily pull out a series very similar to Legends of Tomorrow (even call it that, just to sell more) about the original Authority team traveling through time (and space, if they wanna go interdimensional).

Or even give us a Squadron Supreme-esque book. Or integrate the characters, you know, well? I'm just tired seeing Midnighter as the solo Wildstorm character being exploited. Why can't Apollo interact with the Superfam? Why can't Grifter appear in the Deathstroke book? Why can't Swift be a Bird of Prey (literally)? Why can't a Doctor appear in Hellblazer?

I wasn't waiting for any Wildstorm Rebirth book, but they'd deserve it.
>>
>>81222138
Nobody cares about Wildstorm anymore. The repeated failed relaunches prove that.

The real problem is that it's hard to try and get people to integrate them into DCU, let alone get fans to embrace it, because people are so accustomed and only interested in the old DC. People want Batman vs Joker, not Batwoman teams up with Grifter. The former gets fans hyped, the latter doesn't.

It's true that DC should be putting continuous effort to, but you could argue that doing it slow and with books like Futures End and Midnighter and Grayson, they're kinda finding a way to do that in organic way without taking the entire ship with it if something doesn't click with the audience, like we saw when fans dropped all the Wildstorm related books.

What DC should do is integrate characters into teams more, and figure out roles for the big characters to play where they can be used semi-regularly. Gen13 could easily have one or two characters be Teen Titans.
>>
>>81224017
RIP
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.