[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voltron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Anyone excited?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXy1Qtv9TE
>>
>>81216206

>Voltron
Ah Yeah
>Dreamworks
Suck on my left nut.
>>
Fuck man that looks cool. Idk about dreamworks though.
I had a big toy of it that came apart and moved well enough that i played with every day.
I'm at least glad someone remembers it. The old show was awesome.
>>
We tried this reboot twice and it failed both times.

fuck even the original wasn't all that great, frankly
>>
>>81216361
Why?
>>
Is DreamWorks animation even apart of DreamWorks anymore?
>>
>>81216583
>fuck even the original wasn't all that great, frankly
Let's be honest, anon. Voltron was shit.
Voltron was shit, Golion was shit, and every single attempt to bring it back has also been shit.

There is no reason to expect that things will go any differently this time, all they have is misplaced nostalgia.
>>
If you look closely between the joints of those robots in the trailer, you can see a few warning messages. They're tough to see, but you just have to read between the lions. :^)
>>
>>81216583
>>81218244
But this time they've got an A-list crew behind it. It's possible to turn nostalgic shit into gold here and there. Look at Mystery Inc, for example.
>>
Brown Allura a shit. She may as well be someone else.
>>
>>81218244
Honestly this is probably going to shape up to be completely mediocre, and it will still be the highpoint of this "franchise"

What next a Robotech reboot?
>>
>>81216206

Some parts looked choppy.

I liked Force so I'll probably like this.
>>
>>81221116
>What next a Robotech reboot?

They actually attempted a kickstarter to do just that like last year, it even got a staff pick promotion and everything.

But in the end, it failed miserably.
>>
>>81216583

Both had good points. Dimension had a cool overarching plot and Tim Curry, Force had good jokes and lion swapping.
>>
>>81221194
Damn
>>
>>81221194
I'd rather harmony gold just fucking die or something so we can get macross anything.
>>
>>81221966
I feel the exact same way, brother.
>>
>>81221194

>Robotech reboot

The only way I'd want more Robotech is if they started adapting those insane Waltrip brothers comics, with the teddy-bear commandos and endless gobbledygook metaphysical musings and so on.

Go full retard or go home.
>>
>>81218309
No, thats a F-list crew; Why do people want Filmation (under the name Mir) back with Paul J Smith as their chief director?

A A-List crew is what Blue Jacket Lupin III & 7D had but were both underwhelming because the 2 crews were apart.
>>
>>81216534
Dreamworks Animation under Netflix is allowed a lot of space they wouldn't get on a network.

Serialized plots, better budgets and overall just a better situation than if it was on a network.

http://nerdist.com/voltron-legendary-defender-netflix-cast-release-date-showrunner-interview-dreamworks-animation/

>Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) as Lance
>Bex Taylor-Klaus (Arrow) as Pidge
>Josh Keaton (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) as Shiro
>Tyler Labine (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil) as Hunk
>Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead) as Keith
>Kimberly Brooks (Mass Effect) as Princess Allura
>Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) as Coran

Solid Voice Cast, now just get Peter Cullen to do the intro again.

>>81218058
Dreamworks has a massive programming slate to fill (it'll take years)

>>81218145
Not really.
>>
>>81221192
Blame Mir, a studio that makes Akom look good.
>>
>>81222165
A solid voice cast means jack shit if the writing isn't up to par. And it's not like this franchise has anything even resembling a good track record in that sense.

While this show just may manage to eke out the title of "mediocre" if it's lucky, there's not much of a chance that it'll be anything more than that.
>>
>>81222262
It's best to wait from the final product, but from what they've been saying so far, they already have a better idea of what they're doing than any of the previous shows.
>>
>>81221116
RO-BO-TECH
*guitar*
RO-BO-TECH
*guitar*
ROOOO-BOTECH!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.