[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone a fan of Allred's and Milligan's run of X- force?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 400x600
Anyone a fan of Allred's and Milligan's run of X- force?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>81216097
Xstatix omni was one of my fave purchases 2yrs ago
>>
>>81216097

yeah. its one of the staple "transitional" Marvel comics from the EXXXXTREME 90s into the more mellow 2000s
>>
>>81217338
I think everybody bought the omni two years ago when it was on sale. But yeah best purchase ever. Absolutely loved xforce/xstatix
>>
I think it was Marvel's last great run
>>
File: 805407-x2.jpg (41 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
805407-x2.jpg
41 KB, 504x504
>there's barely any fan art of its best char
>>
>>81216097
Love this run. It always gave me weird feels which I could never really explain. Just something about it really weirds me out in a cool way.
>>
File: BrqcrwrCcAAiTWI.jpg large.jpg (148 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
BrqcrwrCcAAiTWI.jpg large.jpg
148 KB, 764x1024
>>81217886
Tell me about it.
>>
>>81216097
It's one of those weird books that SHOULD have been the most obnxious pitch black edgelord pieces of crap out there, but possibly because of Allred's happy, sunny art style, it balanced out and became a legitimately excellent read. I recommend it.
>>
>>81219011
>It's one of those weird books that SHOULD have been the most obnxious pitch black edgelord

Man you really can't consider that edgy AT ALL if you knew 90s Marvel comics.

Before Milligan took over X-force, it was reaching Spawn-levels of edgyness with its old cast/writers. It read more like a M-13 comic than a mutie title.
>>
>>81217671
Almost, Ennis' Punisher continued for a few years after it.
>>
>>81219407
there were so many deaths
it was like Teen Titans raw
>>
>>81219686
muties used to expendables

morrison killed 16 million in his x-men and people still cared more about jean vs emma waifu wars
>>
>>81219792
X-Factor was like the gnarliest thing for a good half decade
like no hope or fun at all
I remember the first issue of Milligan's run and I thought it was a joke
>>
just about the only good x-force run
>>
>>81219836
remender's run is up there with it

not as memorable tho
>>
>>81216097
Ah, comic where I started waifuing undead and energy being.
>>
>>81216097
Hell yeah. One of the best Marvel books of the all time imo. The early 90's was a great era.
>>
>>81221004
Oops, I meant the early 00's.
>>
>>81216097
The X-book for people who don't like X-Men at all.
It's pretty cool.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.