[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
any thoughts?
>>
>>81214316
This is abysmal promo art. I hope someone got fired for it.
>>
Will Violet keep her slender figure or fill out like her mother?
>>
>>81215562
Depends on how much of a time skip there is.

Also Mirage is kill
>>
>>81214316
Way too early to even know.
>>
>>81214316
8 years too late
>>
>>81215430
Ya what the fuck, it looks like some moron made it in adobe fireworks in 2 minutes!
>>
The plot will make or break it. What would it even be about? We can't have another midlife crisis. Is Helen gonna have an affair this time? How much time are they skipping? So many questions
>>
>>81215892
Helen and Bob are now on the cusp of actual retirement and very much past their prime,

Dash, violet and Frozone's younger kid, along with one or two others form the premiere super team now.

Jack Jack is a teen around Violet's age in the first film, and cant control his powers. He's a danger to himself and others. Think Hulk meets Metamorpho.

The villain exploits Jack Jack and uses him as a pawn to blah blah blah.

Source: my ass
>>
>>81215752
>>81215892
my assumption is that they'll do enough of a skip that Violet is in College(or at least has graduated recently from High School), Dash is just getting into High School, and Jack-Jack is just starting school
>>
File: jazz clown.jpg (97 KB, 1024x567) Image search: [Google]
jazz clown.jpg
97 KB, 1024x567
I thought monsters U would be the stupidest most unnecessary shit ever and it ended out being a bretty gud 7/10 movie.

So I guess I'll bite my tongue for now but I don't have high hopes, I think it speaks to what most people have been saying which is they're worried that pixar have really ran out of juice, all these remakes man...
>>
>Delayed in favor of Frozen 2
>>
>>81215430
>>81215817
>maxresdefault.jpg
It's just the thumbnail for someone's shitty youtube video.

>>81218106
You have a pretty deep ass to have pulled that out of. Those two movies are being made by different studios.
>>
>>81215800
You had me with the quote but them dubs are incredible.
>>81217806
>Helen and Bob are now on the cusp of actual retirement and very much past their prime
I'd like to see this concept used.
>Helen can't stretch very far or hold an extension for very long
>Bob can't even send a guy through more than two walls anymore and hurts easily
>Both are terrified with the thought of no longer being able to keep their kids safe
>>
>>81214316
Nothing since I don't know anything of what the story will be. Any news?
>>
>>81214316
The daughter better have turned into a turbo slut or no deal
>>
>>81219320
>implying she won't be getting blacked by Frozone's son
>>
File: Islamibles2.jpg (209 KB, 676x1244) Image search: [Google]
Islamibles2.jpg
209 KB, 676x1244
Much better pic related, from the promo poster that came out some months ago.
>>
>>81215752
>Also Mirage is kill
Is "kill" Spanish for "easily recasted"?
>>
>>81214316
The main villain has the power to give people powers and he influences kids to do bad things for getting boosts in their powers and getting other rewards in return.

Violet makes friends with a group of edgy, outsider teens who all have powers and they go and commit crimes for fun and Violet starts to lean towards being a villain because of it and starts to become more of a punk & outsider not coming home on time, skipping school etc.

Bob, Helen and Dash are starting to lose her and become targeted by more Supers that just seemed to have popped out of nowhere who are all disciples of the main villain as well, their sent to assassinate the other members of the family and pose it as an accident to influence Violet even further by making her believe her family was killed.

I just want to see Violet go AWOL in general but this sounds like a good set up to me.
>>
File: 1420992694555.jpg (551 KB, 1090x770) Image search: [Google]
1420992694555.jpg
551 KB, 1090x770
>tfw I want a timeskip but don't want to see Bob and Helen old
>>
First one was grossly overrated, and I have no faith in Pixar.
>>
>>81214316
If there is an Incredibles 2 I want it to be a prequel that takes place during the old days
>>
File: guilt.jpg (382 KB, 1280x1980) Image search: [Google]
guilt.jpg
382 KB, 1280x1980
>>81215892
I felt like this for a long time, but the comic kinda proved to me that there's plenty of material for story.

It's a shame about the art though.
>>
To know this movie is a reality depresses me. Don't take me wrong, I loved the first movie and I always wanted a sequel and I'm immensely happy that it's happening, but last december I was diagnosed with cancer and apparently is too advanced to do something now. Doctor said I won't live past 2017, they could have been able to do something if I went sooner but I felt ok until I noticed a weird mark in my chest. I stopped going to college and my family is supporting me to travel to places I always wanted to visit to seize the time I have left while I still feel ok to do it. What depresses me is to know I won't be alive to watch this movie.
>>
>>81220279
k
>>
>>81220132
>Bob loses his temper with a showboating Dash or Violet and launches into a no punches pulled story of a hero who died doing the same
>Alternatively one of the parents answers the question of have they ever killed a criminal besides Syndrome
>>
>>81220366
They all killed the shit out of henchmen in the movie
>>
>>81220132
We should marathon the comic before the movie comes out
>Inb4 the time between when The Incredibles came out and whenever the new movie comes out is the amount of time that's passed in the timeskip
>>
>>81220279
Maybe you could ask some one for a screenplay before you die?
>>
>>81219419
Wait, what happened to Mirage?
>>
>>81220279
I sincerely hope things go your way dude.
>>
>>81220532
Her voice actress passed away last year.
>>
>>81220279
Hey that one guy got to see TFA before he died. Make enough noise and there's a small chance you could get a script or some story boards.

then leak it to /co/
>>
>>81220472
I'm retarded, sue me. I don't recall anything about Violet killing anyone.
>>
File: 1388449719733.jpg (78 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1388449719733.jpg
78 KB, 486x500
>>81220561
I
I didn't know
Fuck. Damn
>>
>>81220579
It's been a while, but I think during that chase sequence in the forest they blow up some henchmen
>>
>>81220579
Didn't you know?
People die left and right in The Incredibles
>>
File: danger 1.jpg (600 KB, 1280x1976) Image search: [Google]
danger 1.jpg
600 KB, 1280x1976
>>81220366
>>81220472
>>81220579
>>81220617
No yeah, Dash and Violet both killed numerous henchmen in the jungle. Dash killed a lot more though.

And neither of them come close to the body counts of their parents. They killed a LOT of dudes in that movie.

Kinda on the subject, in the comics they talk about the ethics of letting Dash and Violet be super heroes. Depending on when they do the time skip, I think it could provide a lot of good material.
>>
>>81220532
Scratch that. She died late 2014.
Time flies.
>>
File: danger 2.jpg (621 KB, 1280x1978) Image search: [Google]
danger 2.jpg
621 KB, 1280x1978
>>81220665
>>
>>81220668
Indeed. Everything feels like yesterday
>>
File: danger 3.jpg (636 KB, 1280x1980) Image search: [Google]
danger 3.jpg
636 KB, 1280x1980
>>81220680
>>
File: danger 4.jpg (487 KB, 1280x1973) Image search: [Google]
danger 4.jpg
487 KB, 1280x1973
>>81220697
>>
>>81220697
Can we talk about Jack Jack really quick
What exactly is his power?
>>
>>81220721
He can alter the physical nature of his body. Set himself on fire, turn himself into metal, make himself super light weight, make himself intangible, etc.
>>
>>81220665
>>81220680
>>81220697
>>81220709
Why in the FUCK hasn't Disney had Marvel do an Incredibles ongoing?
>>
File: violet fall.jpg (710 KB, 1280x1981) Image search: [Google]
violet fall.jpg
710 KB, 1280x1981
>>81220697
The aforementioned Violet being thrown off a building. Despite the art, I always thought this page was well done. Genuinely intense.
>>
>>81220744
That sounds slightly broken
And hard to control
>>
So do any of the supers have origins, or are they all essentially mutants?

Obviously the main characters have it in their genes
>>
>>81220767
I think they're all mutants in this world.
>>
>>81214316
excited for more milf ass
>>
>>81220511
Please, I've been wanting to reread it, but I can't find it anywhere. I have a friend who wants to read it too.

>Inb4 the time between when The Incredibles came out and whenever the new movie comes out is the amount of time that's passed in the timeskip
I'm thinking this is what will happen.
>>
>>81220803
>I'm thinking this is what will happen.
This isn't the first time Pixar's done that too, right?
The entire Toy Story trilogy is that
>>
File: 1451569706465.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
1451569706465.png
36 KB, 268x237
Considering it's a film for children, I would assume it would revolve around a child, so if there is a time-skip, I would expect Jack-Jack to be the lead.
>>
File: incredible.png (567 KB, 1095x454) Image search: [Google]
incredible.png
567 KB, 1095x454
>>81220759
Moreso than a proper ongoing about the family, I want like, an anthology series or something just set in that universe, in the golden age of super. It creates such a well thought out, fascinating, interesting, memorable, creative, and surprisingly dark universe. All the other supers are such intriguing, complex, 3-dimensional characters who are all very realistically flawed. The way the 50s golden age of supers transfers to the late 60s/early 70s age of spies in the movie is such a cool motif for a universe. I just want to see more stuff in that setting.
>>
>>81220760
>>81220709
I remember the art being better in the Incredibles comics.

Someone storytimed a few once, and they looked fine. The ones by Boom! at least.

Maybe it's just been literal years.
>>
>>81220833
Which is why Bob and his relationship with Helen totally wasn't the main focus of the first movie.
>>
>>81220665
>that part where Bob brains a guard with a rock
It's meant to be a small joke and distraction but you damn well know that guard's dead.
>>81220760
I liked the part where Dash is telling himself to be fast enough or something slightly before this.
>>
>>81220803
>>81220833
Let's do the math, shall we?
The Incredibles came out in '05 (Jesus, seriously?) and it is now 2016
That's 11 years so far
Jack Jack was about, what two? A year maybe? And Dash was in middle school while Violet was in High school
So, in that case, both Dash and Violet would be done with school, probably in college, and Jack Jack would be starting Middle School soon
>>
>>81220881
>that part where Bob brains a guard with a rock
>It's meant to be a small joke and distraction but you damn well know that guard's dead.
No yeah. Not to mention, not only did he smash his head with a rock, he fell like 2 stories head-first afterwards too.

Or like when he throws that railcar onto those two guards. One twitches afterwards. The other doesn't. Or when he throws those two guys into the ocean from like 30 stories up.

And that's also assuming none of the random thugs he just punched didn't die. Dude could smash walls, I'm sure he broke all kinds of bones, ruptured all kinds of internal organs, scrambled brains etc.
>>
>>81220923
Bob's lucky he didn't kill his boss
Barely living counts as living
>>
>>81220900
Incredibles came out in 04, not 05. And Incredibles II is slated for release in 2019, a 15 year gap.
>>
>>81220923
Mr. Incredible threatening to kill Mirage was pretty fucking dark
>>
>>81220942
Ironically things probably would have been a lot easier and cheaper if he had. I mean, he also PROBABLY would have been in more trouble, but we've seen the NSA cover up some pretty shady stuff, and cover for people like Gamma Jack and Hypershock, who I'm sure have both put plenty of innocent people into the ground through irresponsible use of their powers.
>>
>>81220943
Eh, close enough
>15 year gap
>The Incredibles is 12 years old
Man, I still remember the toys they sold with kiddie meals
>>
>>81220973
Gamma Jack was a supervillan in motion. If he survived Syndrome's whole plot he would've became a villan
>>
>>81220964
And then when she lets him out he actually is totally ready to kill her until she tells him his family is still alive.

This movie is so fucking good.
>>
>>81221008
>That look of content from getting a hug
Poor girl
>>
>>81220900
I think Dash is a little younger than that, so he'd be smack dab in the middle of college. That'd be a pretty good spread of ages. Kid, adult kid, and fully independent young adult, each with different approaches to superheroing. And also their parents, who'd be approaching retirement age.
>>
File: JUST DO IT.jpg (188 KB, 1582x2048) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.jpg
188 KB, 1582x2048
>>81220964
>Release me! NOW!
>Or what?
>Or I'll crush her!
>Really? Seems a little dark for you. Eh, go ahead.
>It will be easy! Like breaking a toothpick...
>Show me.

That was insane. But people also forget the scene before that, when the missles are closing in on the plane and Bob's begging, pleading with Syndrome not to murder his family, and then he goes and does it anyways, the absolute madman. The editing was intense as hell.
>>
>>81221055
>But people also forget the scene before that, when the missles are closing in on the plane and Bob's begging, pleading with Syndrome not to murder his family, and then he goes and does it anyways, the absolute madman. The editing was intense as hell.
God the entire plane scene was intense
>>
>>81220964
That whole sequence, including him breaking down afterward, was just devastating. That scene really pushed the movie ahead of other Pixar movies for me.
>>
>>81221028
>Jack Jack just getting a whiff of puberty
You know, all this talk about Incredibles 2 made me realize something
Look at current Pixar right now. Look at how PRETTY their animation is
Think of how PRETTY Incredibles 2 will look
>>
>>81220923
>It'll be easy. Like breaking a toothpick.
I think they realized how close Bob was to snapping Mirage's neck and were like "Oh shit have her gasp out the one thing that'll spare her." He spared his kids the gory mess but there's no way he or Helen pulled their punches on any guard. Shit even Dash fucked up the one guy with a flurry of punches that makes you realize how even a child's fist can kill when it hits you at super speed.
>>
>>81221065
>>81221055

>some moronic but inextricably popular youtube movie reviewer said he didn't like Incredibles because of scenes like this, saying it was unsuitable for children

I'm glad I can't remember that guy's name.
>>
>>81221131
>Shit even Dash fucked up the one guy with a flurry of punches
I was surprised they didn't actually do anything. Yeah, he's only got the strength of a small boy but he's generating a lot of force.
>>
>>81221131
You know, looking back
All three of the kids have been exposed to death at early ages
Dash and Violet during the entire jungle scene
Jack Jack pretty much watching Syndrome's demise, and is also responsible for it

And speaking of death, did Bob and Helen ever tell the kids about what happened to the other heroes?
I mean, Gazer Beam was at the wedding, and Lucious is pretty much a family friend. Some of the supers had to have seen or met the kids
>>
It's been a while since I've seen the first movie. Did they leave some of the old supers unaccounted for, or did they make it totally clear that Syndrome killed every single one of them except Bob and Helen? It'd be neat to flesh out some of the old cohorts.
>>81221005
Gamma Jack was a pretty interesting character. His little audio clip from the DVD suggests that they could do some cool worldbuilding just among the superheroes themselves.
He shows up at 11:34 in this video for anyone wondering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73WtJlko9E
>>
>>81221164
In all fairness, The Incredibles is kinda unprecedented. I mean, it's REALLY REALLY dark. Way darker than most people give it credit for. Especially with all the background lore provided for the movie.

I think the no capes scene is what gets me the most. There is a joke in the movie, where an innocent, teenager girl, gets killed by being violently sucked through a jet turbine, in front of loads of people, with a pretty sickening fucking noise. And no one seems to really acknowledge how dark a joke that is, especially for what is ostensibly a kids movie.

And of course it gets worse when you look at the background lore provided on the DVDs and whatnot. She was probably one of the best people to be a super hero in the universe. Where most were idiots, drunk, jerks, and/or borderline evil, this was a sweet, caring, compassionate, 16 year old high school student who volunteered at the zoo on weekends and always had her head in the clouds. She could talk to birds. Not to mention, she died during the dying days of supers, when the public had turned against them and there were huge protests in the streets, involving burning fucking effigies. Imagine all her friends and family finding out about her secret identity because she's been turned into a fucking meat milkshake and possibly crashed that plane full of people too. There were probably a bunch of westboro-baptist church types protesting her fucking funeral, while her friends and family are still trying to comprehend all of it. And you laughed at her dying for a cheap joke.
>>
>>81221293
Every super on that list is dead except for Bob, Helen, Lucius, and one other one, Plasmabolt I think. But there are other supers aside from those ones listed. But the movie didn't have to make models for them, so they don't appear.
>>
>>81221055
>Show me.

Syndrome is a bad man.
>>
>>81221055
>>81221065
>>81221087
>Helen's friend was meant to be the pilot of the plane
>She couldn't save him
Any direction they took with this would've been brutal and I'm upset they cut it.
>>81221191
I figure for the other heroes it was more like an casual friend drifting away. They had their own lives to lead or maybe didn't care to keep in contact once the super hero act was passed.
>>81221298
Y'know what gets me about what you just said? Edna memorized all those dead supers. She most likely had to become the best costume designer if it wasn't a DIY job because her mistakes could get people killed.
>>
>>81221293
>Gamma Jack's intelligence stat
>his completely detached, callous talk about prioritizing saving babes over saving ugly dudes
>the only thing that ever makes him hesitate in the slightest from killing people is when he really wants to fuck the dame villains, which is a common problem for him
God I love that psychopath.

But everyone loves Gamma Jack. The one I want to call more attention to is fucking Stormicide
>clearly super high-strung, success driven, pretty bitchy
>casually mentions burning people alive, it's kinda awesome
>her name is a fucking pun on homicide

Stormicide is fucking hardcore. I could always picture her and Gamma Jack working together. They've got to have fucked at some point.
>>
File: [sadly go-karts].jpg (18 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
[sadly go-karts].jpg
18 KB, 640x367
>>81221293
>Thunderhead
>clearly mentally challenged
>desperately trying to convince kids to not be like him and to stay in school, completely destroying his self-esteem in the process

>adopted 5 orphans with his """"""""""roommate"""""""""" Scott, now they're double orphans because he fucking died for a cheap joke
why
>>
I predict that it will have something to do with a relationship that either Violet or Dash is in, and a clash with another super-family that may or may not be super-villains.

Possibly both plots at once.

But, then again, Brad Bird is writing and directing, so who knows what he might do.

I DO know I want more Edna.
>>
>>81221298
Given how malcontented a lot of the other supers were, I couldn't help but think they made her such an extra-nice person just to hint that all the other supers were once like that. But their line of work will make you pretty damn jaded and cynical unless you die early.
>>
>>81221293
>Blazestone
I see why her and Frozone's relationship fizzled out
>>
>>81221293
>Frozone's origin involves Kool Aid
>>
>>81221293
>Gazer Beam's love life
This poor man
>>
>>81218848
>>Both are terrified with the thought of no longer being able to keep their kids safe
Now this I like. The other anons comment about Jack-Jack being like a blend of Hulk and Metamorpho was pretty good to.
>>
>>81221518
>Mr. Incredible laughs off his death saying he wasn't too bright
>>81221560
You might be on to something there.
>The intro to the second movie is Dash and Violet dealing with unappreciative and downright hostile civilians along
>they have to outrun or subdue the cops who try to arrest/shoot them
>>
File: I may have gone too far.jpg (54 KB, 932x618) Image search: [Google]
I may have gone too far.jpg
54 KB, 932x618
>>81221843
>a subplot is either Dash or Violet accidentally killing a civilian and trying to cover it up
>>
>>81220765
Well, he is a baby, Puberty is gonna be ass for him as well.
>>
>>81221890
>Puberty with Jack Jack
What a chaotic experience. As if puberty wasn't bad enough
>>
>>81221875
>Violet chopped a guy's limb off by putting a forcefield around him at the wrong moment
>Dash ran through a woman trying to text a friend while sprinting to class
Yeah I could see it.
>>
>>81221972
They'd get a lot of flak/attention too since they're the only supers around. They'd practically be watched 24/7
>>
>>81221293
My god, they put so much effort into the backstory of these heroes and the backstory. I really, really hope they bring this level of detail to Incredibles 2.
>>
>>81223178
Brad Bird took 11 years to work out something for the sequel that he was happy with, with 4 more years to finish the movie, I'm pretty confident.
>>
I feel like it will somehow be related to the superhero craze film is going through.

>mfw this children's animated movie ends up being the actual gamechanging superhero film instead of the dull attempts by Snyder.
>>
>>81221388
>Any direction they took with this would've been brutal and I'm upset they cut it.
The scene I'm really sad we missed out on was Helen straight up asking Bob if he was having an affair. I don't think it was needed necesarily, but it's just a REALLY good scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1qZYxAJkYk

It's at 31:17
>>
>>81214316
I just don't want Helen to be too old or taken out of commission for whatever reason. I want another scene like this as well.

https://youtu.be/pq8XbUdSZUs
>>
>>81219541

>The main villain has the power to give people powers and he influences kids to do bad things for getting boosts in their powers and getting other rewards in return.
>Violet makes friends with a group of edgy, outsider teens who all have powers and they go and commit crimes for fun and Violet starts to lean towards being a villain because of it and starts to become more of a punk & outsider not coming home on time, skipping school etc.

So, basically that one episode of Static Shock?
>>
>>81214316
It's a decent idea froma business standpoint.
I think it's sort of bankrupt from a creative standpoint, as sequels to movies that don't set up sequels at all tend to be.
>>
>>81219359
Very nice.
Very subtle.
8/10
>>
Monsters University was mediocre compared to the original but it was still pretty enjoyable. Tomorrowland was the most boring, convoluted movie I have ever seen. With both of those in mind I will be going in with no Pixar sequel bias. I'm hoping Brad Bird redeems himself with this.
>>
Who makes good Incredibles porn?
>>
>>81224447
>Tomorrowland was the most boring, convoluted movie I have ever seen
Someone hasn't seen the Congress.
>>
>>81214316

Yes. I have the following thought.

>dat soundtrack
>in dolby atmos

My dick twitches every time I think about that.
>>
>>81224467
>The Congress (Hebrew: כנס העתידנים) is a 2013 French-Israeli live-action/animation science fiction drama film
Why would I have?
>>
>>81219359

motherfucker. took me a while.
>>
>>81224512
Because it has pretty animation. And because the Director's previous movie was good.
>>
>>81224512
Because Waltz with Bashir was fucking great
>>
>>81224523
>>81224540
No I don't mean why would I in the context of the director's previous works being bad, I mean why would I in that it is a French-Israeli Drama movie. I'd sooner follow Bollywood.
>>
File: no plz no.gif (2 MB, 295x211) Image search: [Google]
no plz no.gif
2 MB, 295x211
>>81220279
awww shit nigga
DOn't fucking do this to me mang
>>
>>81220279
I hope you get to see it before you die anon, I sincerely do.

And I hope it fucking sucks.
>>
>>81224557
/co/ talks about it once in a while, it made some noise back when it was made because it was in Cannes. The movie was made in English and most of the cast is famous and American.
And you know, some people like animation and follow animated movies beyond whatever Dreamworks and Disney shit out every six months.
>>
>>81224557
Because I love animation enough to watch shit that isn't by DreamWorks, Universal, Disney, whatever.
>>
>>81220697
>>81220709
These actually seem pretty good
>>
>>81224648
Have you watched The Prophet, my good man?
>>
>>81219739
have you seen BatsVsSupes?

Holly Hunter sounds old as hell
>>
>>81224466
Shadbase
>>
File: image.png (75 KB, 1243x1588) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75 KB, 1243x1588
>>81219359
that joke was just plane crazy
>>
>>81214316
my thought is that there's plenty of ways this can be done wrong, and I'm praying Pixar avoids those things, I like this family, I want to continue liking them
>>
>>81221055
that scene just made me think of what would have happened if Mirage /hadn't/ intervened...my god he would have crushed Syndrome to death in an instant.
>>
>>81220863
They had different artists. Marcio Takara usually did the weak looking stuff.
>>
>>81224821
LOL
>>
>>81224821
Fuck you.
>>
Why even bother? Pixar we know you suck now, stop dragging your good ip's through the mud in a poor attempt at staying relevant. Seriously, might as well rebrand to "Dreamworks-lite" with all these goddamn sequels.
>>
>>81225416
Only reason they've taken this long is because Brad Bird was always waiting for the right story to house his ideas for an Incredibles 2
>>
>>81214316
The first Incredibles is fucking kino, I don't know how they're gonna make it better unless Brad Bird finally came up with a better ending than ''get the remote before the robot that is not even causing that much destruction does something''.
>>
>>81227033
>>/trash/
>>
>>81215892
I seriously hope they don't drop the themes and just make it ''The New Adventures of The Incredibles!''

The best part about the first film was how it handled the themes, to the point where you could interpret it as an artist complaining about the world
>everyone is special, it's just a way to say that no one in the world is
>they always find a way to encourage mediocrity, but when someone's special...
>>
>>81224671
I plan to, actually.

I really wanted to see it in theaters until I found out the showing was an hour and a half away from where I live
>>
>>81220760
Jesus Christ that middle panel
>>
>>81221087
>At the end of the scene when Mirage looks back at Mr. Incredible, you can hear him crying in the background

If only the end of the film was as good
>>
>>81221388
I don't mind the loss of dug, it would've made the film longer and the plane scene wouldn't be as intense because there wouldn't be the same intensity because Helen is hanging with the kids all the time.

But then there's the scene where they hide underwater while the Vipers supervise the wreck, which they only deleted so they wouldn't have to do underwater hair simulation
>>
>>81227638
>wouldn't be as intense because there wouldn't be the same intensity because Helen is hanging with the kids all the time.

Fuck me, familia
>>
>>81219739
>they remove an entire letter for their version of the word

why.png
>>
>>81220279
Do what that one guy did. Make enough noise on the internet (like not Kickstarter but some form of social media), get it spread by people you care about, and eventually it'll become news.
>>
>tfw it's very clear that 100-Mile-dash was the first sequence to be fully finished
Dash tripping over the bugs and him spatting them all out stands out quite a bit while watching the film
>>
>>81228054
Is that true or an assumption? I really have to watch all the behind the scenes stuff
>>
I'm just hoping the sequel keeps the 60s Noir visual styles.
>>
>>81228468
it's an assumption, however when you watch the bonuses on the dvd Brad Bird keeps talking about how he always had that scene fully fleshed out to the smallest details, so it's likely that it was the first thing they did
>>
>>81228632
If there's a timeskip...it may not be "60s" anymore
>>
>>81228657
I'm not talking about the actual era it was set in, I'm talking about the general tone of the film.
The only thing I can really think of right now is Season 1 of Danger 5.
>>
>>81228632
>>81228657
The Incredibles takes place in the 70s, with it's tone and visuals inspired by late 60s early 70s spy movies. The Golden Age of Supers was in the 50s, and takes visual influence from that material, which also affects the style of the rest of the movie. Quite similar to TF2 actually.
>>
>>81229024
Yes, precisely. I hope the new film keeps this design.
>>
>>81229125
I think one of the things the new movie tackles should be new Supers who don't give a shit about collateral damage in their fights or when they use their powers
>>
File: tumblr_o3ht3e04h51sa3t1go1_1280.jpg (71 KB, 1000x522) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ht3e04h51sa3t1go1_1280.jpg
71 KB, 1000x522
>>81229024
Disney's official blogs pointed out a paper with a '62 date, which derails a lot of our general understandings about the timeline
>>
>>81214316
This shit better be a freaking masterpiece when it's done.
>>
>>81229565
That... doesn't add up. Thunderhead died in 58, Stratogale in 57, and that would have had to have been right around the end of the age of supers. I mean, Stratogale was alive at Bob and Helen's wedding, which happens around when everything starts falling apart. She and Thunderhead would have had to have died pretty soon after the wedding. Unless Dash and Violet were both already born when Bob and Helen got married, and had been for some time, and Bob REALLY let himself go, the Incredibles has to take place in the 70s.
>>
>>81219359
That's actually really cool looking. This movie might turn out to be a 9/11
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.