[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Deadpool's comic origin takes place in Canada and he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image-deadpool.png (1 MB, 1046x1114) Image search: [Google]
image-deadpool.png
1 MB, 1046x1114
So Deadpool's comic origin takes place in Canada and he's a Canadian. The star is Canadian and the character stayed Canadian. And the movie was filmed in Canada, but for some reason they had it take place in New York. Was it just so he could interact with the X-Men, because they could always have used the X-Jet. And New York is pretty close to the Canadian border too.
>>
>>81212479
>Why wasn't Deadpool in Canada?
He moved when Trudeau was elected.
>>
Because Empire of Canadia stronk

Also, they probably couldn't be arsed with the Xjet design and animation, and they'd probably step into copyright lines from Fox or whichever.
>>
>>81212479
It's likely because of the X-Men thing, because it's completely unnecessary and none of the scenery looked like New York.
>>
>>81212588
Smart man
>>
>>81212629
>they'd probably step into copyright lines from Fox or whichever.
But it was Fox.ANd they could just say that they took it without showing it and maybe make a joke about it being too expensive to show like they did about other X-Men.
>>
>>81212479
Americans can't grasp the fact that people live in other countries. That's why they changed it, or you know to have the X-men make an appearance.
>>
>>81212732
Oh we understand it. We just know we have more freedom and pull all of the weight when it comes to international security.

>http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/23/canada-not-at-war-with-isil-say-trudeau-and-dion-following-brussels-attacks_n_9532648.html
>>
>>81214388
I keep waiting for Trudeau's Scooby Doo moment, the event that's eventually going to happen which will leave him clueless and dumbfounded with the stupidest possible look on his goofy fucking face.
>>
>>81214469
Someone called him Prime Minister Derek Zoolander. And that's basically who he is.
>>
Well, if he was in Canada, people might ask why he didn't run into Alpha Flight instead of the X-Men.

...yeah, I know no one cares about Alpha Flight.
>>
>>81212479

Canada is boring. You can't make a whole movie out of wade fighting a moose
>>
>>81219545
Yeah, Wade would lose too quickly.

I mean, have ever actually SEEN one of those things?
>>
>>81219483
... I care about alpha flight :(
>>
>>81219757
So this is what it feels like... when doves cry!
>>
>>81219757
It really sucks that as "Less prominent, Canadian Avengers" they are full on Worf status nowadays.
>>
>>81212479
I might of missed something but I really don't remember anything that specifically says it takes place in New York. Could you refresh my memory.
>>
>>81212479

Have you seen Marvel Canada? It's a horrible, horrible place.
>>
>>81219483
Call me Mr. No One.
>>
>>81220578
>Have you seen Marvel Canada? It's a horrible, horrible place.
Exactly. Just ask Wolverine.
>>
File: Alpha Flight _1 Tundra.jpg (60 KB, 535x800) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Flight _1 Tundra.jpg
60 KB, 535x800
>>81220578
It is literally made out of a giant evil primordial god.
>>
>>81219483
Fox would be smart to go with Alpha Flight and actually build an X-Men extended universe. Then maybe do a Guardians equivalent in Starjammers.
>>
>>81212479
Because he's centered in the US in the comics? Just because his origin story happened in Canada doesn't mean his comics typically take place their. I don't know why your wording of relatively unimportant information is making people think setting it outside of Canada is stupid.
>>
>>81212479
>for some reason they had it take place in New York
There were hints to Vancouver as they like to do.
>>
>>81221223
That depends on if they have the rights to all of Alpha Flight or even the name.
>>
>>81214388
Just wondering if you actually read the article. It says pretty much the opposite of what the URL implies
>>
>>81219483
The funny thing is that in literally the first issue of his first comic run he had a run in with Sasquatch.
>>
>>81212588
>implying Deadpool would have any use for Harper
>>
>>81212697
what is up with comic book license being all over the place?
>>
>>81224941
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it probably has something to do with Marvel almost going bankrupt.
>>
>>81224941
Marvel sold that shit to everyone when they were going bankrupt. They kept trying to get a movie made after the huge success of the Superman and Batman movies, and they finally hit paydirt with Blade. Then X-Men got made and they were at the forefront of the new superhero movie boom. Downside is that Fantastic Four and X-Men movie rights still lie solely with Fox (Daredevil they got back), Sony owns Spider-Man (but is co-producing that with Marvel now) and Ghost Rider, and Universal still holds onto the rights for Hulk, which is why partly why Marvel hasn't made another Hulk solo film since the Avengers. They'd have to give a huge hunk of the profits to Universal. Lionsgate Films still owns Man-Thing I think, but nobody cares.
>>
>>81225094
Don't Universal also still have Namor or something like that?
>>
File: Marvel-Movie-Rights-Infographic.jpg (259 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Movie-Rights-Infographic.jpg
259 KB, 1200x960
>>
>>81225094
Not that guy but here's a followup question. Supposedly the reasons Amazing Spider-Man and Fant4stic were made is because rights expire if the company holding them doesn't keep churning out movies within 5 years of each other. Without looking up dates, this seems plausible, especially since Spider-Man 3 came out in 2007 and Amazing in 2012. X-Men never got anywhere close to the 5 year deadline and seemingly won't in the forseeable future. The 5 year deadline would also explain how Marvel got the rights back for guys like Daredevil and Punisher.

Anyway, my question is: does anyone have any idea why Hulk and Namor don't seem to have a deadline but everything else does?
>>
>>81225875
I'd assume that the contracts are different if the "rights revert in X years" isn't just horseshit.
>>
Almost all superhero stuff in the Marvel universe happens in New York. The best example is in early issues of Runaways, where they point out how bizarre it is to have superheroes in California. And when they go to New York they are there for five seconds before seeing Spiderman swing by.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.