[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: supermen.jpg (109 KB, 1023x531) Image search: [Google]
supermen.jpg
109 KB, 1023x531
>ITT: What would you do if you had complete control over your favorite Superhero and were able to change literally any element of their origin and history?
For me, I'd go and create a team of Super-Men. Throughout every big universal reboot, rewrite, and redo, there exists a point outside of time, space, or even imagination in which Superman exists. Not just one, all of them. They watch over the rest of the cosmos, keeping all of reality under control between the blank space of panels
>>
>>81210357
There are a same pic for Batman?
>>
>>81210357
i dig the original boots
your idea is masturbatory. everyone wants to do it, everyone gets hype, and the result is just a lot of wanking over how great htis hero is that a ton of him must be better, and he's so special there's one in every universe.
>>
>>81210357

You know... I've changed my mind about that Superman Red/Superman Blue shit. I thought it was idiotic when it came out, but now I appreciate them actually doing something major with the character in-between reboots.
>>
>>81211019
Oh no, you don't understand

This group isn't in the comics. They are, quite literally, in the white space between panels. They're never seen and only mentioned by the Monitors. Their purpose in any story isn't that they are the greatest and best because they are Superman, but to keep that standard up for whatever the next Superman incarnation will be
>>
File: 1440129078995.png (405 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
1440129078995.png
405 KB, 500x397
>>81210357
>no Red Son
>>
File: tumblr_nrwtvssZxi1r9kd9ro1_540.jpg (81 KB, 539x568) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrwtvssZxi1r9kd9ro1_540.jpg
81 KB, 539x568
>his smile slowly turning into a scowl as time goes on
Supes... Had a hard life...
>>
File: 1455247940356.jpg (73 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1455247940356.jpg
73 KB, 500x600
>>81210357
You forgot me.
>>
Neal Adams created both the definitive Superman and Batman.
>>
Is it me, or is the MoS/BvS Superman 'S' the best one?

It looks alien enough to pass as something extraterrestrial, but close enough to an 'S' to still make sense as his logo.
>>
>>81217582
Eh. I always thought that whole "The S is Krypton symbol" was pretty dumb regardless of how you draw it.
>>
I'd want to make a series about the life of Nick Fury throughout the 20th century. Like Marvels from the perspective of an immortal soldier.
>>
>>81217838

With the movie 'S' though, it makes a little more sense. Just like how a Cyrillic Er is identical to a 'P', but has a different meaning/sound. Or how a Sigma looks like a stylized E but it's actually an 's'.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.