[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kelly does it again!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14
File: 960.jpg (149 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
149 KB, 960x672
Kelly does it again!
>>
>>81205088
>And don't forget to tip

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81205302
It's telling him to tip his fedora because he thinks he can treat her like shit for being a woman.
>>
>>81205088
If you need more towels in a US hotel, you have fucking problems, man.
Seriously, I couldn't find any use for half of them.
>>
>>81205445
It's not about needing to use them. They're free, why not use them all? I'm paying money for the room, I get to use everything in it. That's why you're suppose to take the soap and shit when you leave.
>>
>>81205088
Reminds me of the grocery store with the asleep-at-the-wheel manger
>>
>>81205606
>There are actual people who do this
Good Goyim anon, please.
>>
>>81205606
But why would I go out of my way to use more than I need?
I only get so dry.
It's nice to know I have some extra, but it seems just wasteful to use it all just to have used it all.
>>
>>81205445
>>81206149
Maybe he has a family to provide for. Or is involved in an orgy.
>>
>>81206149
Why did we climb Mt. Everest, my friend?

Because it was there.
>>
>>81206648
Speaking of going green and environmentalism, maybe we should stop climbing Everest. People leave shit behind (including literal shit) and there's no feasible way to clean them up
>>
>>81205606
>Not tracking down where they keep the complimentary sweets and hot drink sachets and filling your bag with them.

DYIH?
>>
>>81205088
How many people do you have to tip in the US? Do you seriously tip everyone in the hotel?
>>
>>81207002
Waiters and no, you tip only waiters at restaurants.
>>
>>81206865
Not to mention tents, food containers, broken equipment etc.
Also there are so many people going up there, it's hardly anything but vanity at this point.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
I could always buy twice what I eat and throw half of it away.
I could turn up the AC and then open all windows.
But there is no fucking point to it.
>>
>>81205088
>maid isn't a spic

You're losing your edge Kelly
>>
>>81207002
Its considered polite to tip anybody in a low-paying position who personally helps you with something. Not necessary, just polite.
>>
>>81207002
Fuck no.

The only hotel you tip at are upscale places even then bag boys or people that bring you room service.

Then again if you can afford to stay at a place with these things, you should have no problems tipping.

Motels, and hotels like holiday inn you don't have to worry about tipping anyone.
>>
>>81207275
What denotes someone who personally helps me? I'd rather give money to the chef who made my food for me if it was good than the server who just brings it.
>>
>>81207002
Waiters/servers/deliverers.

Pretty much the only thing you really tip for are people who bring you food.

I have never heard of anyone ever tipping the cleaning staff.
>>
>>81206633
>You will never own a shirt that reads "Honest Orgy Participant"
>>
>>81206865
>>81207249
Not to mention all the fucking corpses that get left up there because anyone trying to retrieve them would likely just add themselves to the pile
>>
>>81207534
>>81207687
if it's a nice hotel you can leave a dollar on your pillow for the maid, but no one will come after you if you don't
>>
>>81205445
Just throw them on the floor for the hell of it.

Sometimes when I stay at a hotel I piss the bed just for the fun of it.
>>
>>81207593
>I'd rather give money to the chef who made my food for me if it was good than the server who just brings it.

You could technically do that if you felt so inclined.
>>
>>81207593
Well typical the waiters or servers are usually underpaid, so most their money comes from tips.
Its a dumb system, and is basically there for the owners to get away with underpaying the serving staff. (By the way people who don't tip out of protest actually don't hurt the people who benefit from this bullshit, just the workers that get screwed).

The cook staff on the other hand are usually just paid normally, and don't really benefit from tips.

THAT BEING SAID: its just customary. So if someone brings you food, leave them a couple god damn dollars (Unless the service was horrifically bad).

As for people that deliver food: Its basically paying for the expense of having someone drive out to you.
>>
>>81207002
I figured that was only for bell boys.

The real question is what do you tip for a haircut?
>>
>>81207593
Some places split the tips between the waiters and the kitchen. That encourages the whole staff to call out the weak links.

>>81208160
>perpetuating the poor innocent waiters myth

Bitches get the real minimum wage if they don't earn enough tips.
>>
>>81208359
>what do you tip for a haircut?

I wish I fucking knew.
>>
>>81207986
You are the kind of guy who gets his food spit on.
>>
>>81207687
>>81207002
It's normal to leave a tip for the cleaning staff but it doesn't matter if you don't since you probably won't see them.

I help the old lady cleaning staff sometimes and occasionally they get tips but damn if they don't take their job seriously to make sure you stay in the cleanest fucking room.
They also get emotional if they get left nice notes. Even just a napkin with a 'thank you' and a smiley face makes them teary. One of them keeps every note in a box and flips through them when she's down in the dumps.
>>
>>81208359
Does anyone actually know?
>>
>>81208476
;_;
I'm going to do this for now on.
>>
>>81208448
minimum wage is still pretty fucking underpaid for such a demanding job
>>
>>81208544
>>81208452
Mine cost $12 so I just tip $3 to round it up to an even $15.
>>
>>81208359
I usually just tip a couple bucks. ($1 or $2)

Typically they just get the singles after I break a larger bill or something.

I've actually surprised some barbers by giving them tips. I take it not a lot of people do so anymore.
>>
i got evicted from my home and lived in a motel six with my brothers and dog for 3 months, they gave me enough towels, but the pool was broken and there was a shitload of drug addicts and hippies around
>>
>>81208359
>>81208452
>>81208544
>>81208741
>>81208744

The fuck do yo tip barbers for? You pay them for the haircut.
>>
>>81208804
my scalp can get pretty gross
>>
>>81207002
yes, that's why big hotels are so expensive to stay at, there's more employees you have to hunt down and tip before you leave
>>
>>81208804
When a person pointing sharp objects at my head like that. I'm giving them a fucking tip.
>>
>>81208680
>literal entry level job
>required skills are talking to people and then carrying stuff to them
>done by such talented people as aspiring actresses and highschoolers
>demanding
>>
>>81208804
I have a lot of fucking hair and I don't just get a simple buzz or whatever so I usually take longer than the average customer
>>
>>81208804
Depending on how long my hair has grown out, some can spend up to a half hour, maybe more, trimming it back down. That deserves a tip.
>>
>>81208876
>on your feet for your entire shift
>have to be nice to everyone even on a bad day, including the shitty ones
>have to carry heavy trays and hot shit
>>
>>81208804
Good service, good cuts, and they often don't own the place and get paid little.
Encouraging good work can improve your service markedly, unless people start banking on it.
>>
>>81208876
>>required skills are talking to people and then carrying stuff to them
How are those easy skills? Especially considering the site we're on.
>>
>>81208997
Yeah, unless you're okay with getting your pasta brought to you in pockets.
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
While we're derailing this hard,
>that meme about Americans tipping
I never got this, I'll tip waiters/waitresses and the girls who cut my hair, but that's it. Is tipping only an American thing?

>>81208804
I feel like I'm a shitty customer because I'm constantly failing to describe exactly what I want and the language barrier doesn't help, I tip to level that out. Plus I'm constantly going to the same place. Besides I don't think a $3 tip is gonna burn that big of a hole in my wallet.
>>
>>81207165
You also tip valets and delivery men.
>>
>>81209102
it's because in Europe the tip is generally included in the bill
>>
>>81206865
Really you're allowed to shit on Everest? Here in America you're forced to use a bucket you line with the kinda bags you use to pick up dog shit when you're on the glacier.
>>
>>81208448
>Bitches get the real minimum wage if they don't earn enough tips.
Except for the fact that waiters get paid below minimum wage?
>>
File: Behold.png (210 KB, 355x408) Image search: [Google]
Behold.png
210 KB, 355x408
>>81208963
>Bernie voter detected
Nigga, I'm a CNC machinist/welder.
Fuck outta here with that "IT'S LIKE SUPER HARD GUYS" shit.
>>
>>81209195
if they don't make minimum wage with tips, the company has to make up the difference
>>
>>81209102
It's one of those weird stereotypes that somehow became a thing, like Americans clapping at the end of a movie, something I've personally never seen.
>>
>>81208963
So do you tip the workers are the hardware store? Because they meet and exceed every one of those except handling hot stuff.

>>81209195
>The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips.[4] If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any pay period, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate. As of May 2012, the average hourly wage – including tips – for a restaurant employee in the United States that received tip income was $11.82.[5]
>>
>>81208804
>tipping is supposed to encourage good service on your next visit
>get haircut 4 months later
>haircutter wont remember you at all
I tip 0%. If the cut was bad, I just walk out without paying and get another somewhere else.
>>
>>81209239
>Standing around holding a torch all day and welding things together

Oh yeah, your job is soooo difficult. Try getting a real job, where your decisions can make or break your entire company, and then come talk to me about difficulty.
>>
>>81209239
and how well do you get paid, anon? Have you ever been a waiter? Do you have any experience with customer service? Do you know anything about the restaurant service industry that qualifies you to make these judgments?
>>
File: 1433111086042.png (142 KB, 401x300) Image search: [Google]
1433111086042.png
142 KB, 401x300
>>81209351
>I just walk out
Sure you do, Billy Badass.
>>
>>81209181
>Really you're allowed to shit on Everest?
Who's going to stop you 30,000ft above sea level?
>>
>>81209320
I don't have any numbers, but I would assume hardware store workers get paid more than minimum wage
>>
>>81207002
Waiters
Deliverymen
Haircutters
Taxi Drivers
And the Doctors

But that's about it, it's a small list you see
>>
File: 1458792752516.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458792752516.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>>81207986
>Sometimes when I stay at a hotel I piss the bed for the fun of it.
>>
>>81209430
You think an elderly 5ft asian lady with broken english can stop me?
>>
>>81209102
There is a far greater expectation of it than in other places.
Most Europeans operate under completely different rules.
Germans, for example, hardly tip at all because they expect their waiters to be properly compensated and not interested in the guests beyond their job description, or otherwise of note.
>>
>>81209434
God.
>>
>>81209434
The Park Rangers, don't they have Park Rangers there?
>>
>>81209536
Elderly 5ft asian ladies with broken english are the ones you should be most afraid of, anon.
>>
>>81209444
The ones at the specialty stores do but the ones that have the equivalent skills of a waiter don't
>>
>>81205302

Sleazy owners passing off the costs of labor even more onto the consumer by paying maids less, meaning they need tips to earn a living wage.
>>
>>81209536
no but their ninja son can come for you at your house
>>
>>81209536
Anon, those are the ones who fuck you up.
>>
>>81209788
Jokes on them, I'm homeless
>>
>>81209383
You have literally zero idea of what you're talking about.
Stay mad, and don't let the breadsticks get cold.

>>81209392
1. I don't like talking about how much I make. I get that from my dad.
2. Nope, worked retail for years. Different side of the same coin though.
3. Worked as an associate manager for a Wal-Mart from 2011-14 so I'd say yea.
4. Never worked food, but I have enough friends bitching about every little fucking problem to get the idea the jobs not that fucking hard.
>GUYS I HATE WHEN THEY ASK FOR DRINKS WITH NO ICE!!!
>I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASK FOR APPETIZERS BEFORE THEIR FOOD!!!
>I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASK FOR SPECIALS THAT WE AREN'T DOING ANYMORE!!!
>TODAY A CUSTOMER WAS GRUMPY!!!
On March 18th, 2013 a guy held me at gunpoint as he walked off with 14 ipads. Fuck off with "grumpy".
>>
File: Failure.png (74 KB, 498x220) Image search: [Google]
Failure.png
74 KB, 498x220
>>81209536
>You think an elderly 5ft asian lady with broken english can stop me?
Anon, haven't you learned anything from Dare Devil season 1?
>>
>>81210027
Heh. Like staff has any reason to stop you there.
They certainly don't get paid for stopping robbers and the company has insurance.
>>
>>81205302
What did the man with leprosy say to the prostitute?

Keep the tip!
>>
>>81208359

>The real question is what do you tip for a haircut?

The local barbershop charges 16 or something for a haircut (maybe that includes a shave, I forget) so I usually give a 20 and say keep the change.
>>
File: Living The Dream.jpg (222 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
Living The Dream.jpg
222 KB, 1200x840
>>
>>81209383
You ever welded, bitch
>>
I really want to see him do a comic about Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>81211174
>mfw I specifically go to the barbershop where the girls have to wear leggings as their uniform
>>
>>81211827
>First half: Zack Snyder benchpressing giant bags of money
>Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Happy Crying Liberty give thumbs up/approval
>Second half: overweight slob in a messy room at a computer, "critic" on their shirt.
>Computer screen: 'Zack's a Hack!'
>"Why won't they listen to me!!!!"

>You Justice Served.
>>
>>81209102
In most of the world tipping is an optional extra amount given for good service. American employees in tipping professions are the only ones who act like they deserve it automatically (workers in other countries tend to be unionised and paid a decent wage to begin with).
>>
>>81209239
Not him but having your livelihood based on tips and dealing with people's shit all day sucks. I'll gladly take a nice job welding shit on my own over that bullshit.
>>
>>81210027
>I don't like talking about how much I make. I get that from my dad.
Fuck off with this shit. It just helps management to keep people paid less because they don't have enough information for what equivalent wages are. You're a douchebag.

>GUYS I HATE WHEN THEY ASK FOR DRINKS WITH NO ICE!!!
Apparently I'm also a douchebag though. I like no ice (though I guess I never ask for it).
>>
>>81213415
>Apparently I'm also a douchebag though. I like no ice (though I guess I never ask for it).
I don't know why people want ice in their drinks. You're not going to take over an hour to finish your soda so its not to keep it cold. Stores just put the ice in so they can put in less drink.
>>
I feel like if you climb all the ass way to the top of Everest you deserve to shit there.

If dogs could get up there you damn well know they'd piss ASAP.
>>
>>81207165
Fucking cheap bastard, I make a point of tipping the chef and the busboy too.
>>
>>81207986
This anon gets it. I sometimes wipe my ass with spare towels. It feels AMAZING and they have to wash them either way, so might as well enjoy.
>>
>>81213415
>It just helps management to keep people paid less because they don't have enough information for what equivalent wages are.
Yep, what an asshole I am for not telling everybody about my personal financial situation. How dare I?

And I always ask for no ice. The drink's already cold so the ice does nothing but take up space where more drink could've been and slowly melt, making the whole thing taste like shit.
>>
>>81208448
>Bitches get the real minimum wage if they don't earn enough tips.

On paper, but restaurant ever checks for that.
>>
>>81208966
>Encouraging good work can improve your service markedly, unless people start banking on it.

Everything I've read about tipping culture is either "you pay them because their employers don't pay them enough" or "you pay them so they continue to do a good enough job/so they don't fuck with you the next time you come in".

I don't like the sound of giving something extra on the basis of the other person doing their job.

I'm willing to understand giving something to someone doing a service for you because they've gone above and beyond what they had to do for you but then I read "oh if they've done just a standard job you only give them a few American dollars". Why tip for just doing the job in the first place?

I suppose I'd tip if I lived in a culture that did this but if anything it just sounds like people tip 80% of the time because everyone else does and that the people who wants tips legitimately dislike the people who don't tip them even if it's not a "required" job.

Like I've had people do work on my house and I've given them extra money because it was very well done but everything about tipping in America and other parts of the west sounds like any service comes with a mandatory portion to be set aside for the person being tipped.
>>
>>81213777
>Yep, what an asshole I am for not telling everybody about my personal financial situation. How dare I?
You should be more confident and be more content with your life man. I'm sorry you feel like a failure because you don't make enough. But yeah, it makes me upset, I did over react.
>>
>>81213849
>you pay them because their employers don't pay them enough
I fucking hate this argument. It's such bullshit. If workers aren't willing to unionise and demand to be paid a fair wage by their employers they get exactly what they deserve.
>>
>>81214142
On some level it's hard to use that as the reasoning for not giving some server a few dollars. I mean you can't really look at the kid bringing you food and go "I'm not going to give you a tip because you should go unionize instead".

You're not wrong and both sides of the "tip war" (the people who tip and the people who need tips) suffer because of it but it's not exactly something that can be done in reference to having to tip the guy at Denny's a week ago.
>>
>>81205088
How can one man be so right all the time?
>>
There was a local waiter I once got fired because he was a dick first time I came in and then another later time I found his hair in my food. I kept one of the hairs to put in the food next time and bitched to get new food, twice. Then spaced out submitting reviews on yelp about how the restaurant was X but his service was bad. Saw him panhandling with a shaved head a month later outside the local college. At least he learned a lesson lol
>>
>>81214394
Because he has us by our heart AND our funny bone. Why hasn't he been Time's Man of the Year yet?
>>
>>81207002
You don't HAVE to tip anybody, but it's customary to tip waiters/waitresses and delivery guys. Some people leave tips for hotel cleaning staff, and some weirdos with too much money just tip whoever.

Some dude tipped me once back when I was bagging groceries.
>>
File: Kh4uvxV.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Kh4uvxV.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>81211453
>overcame
Why Kelly, you sly dog.
>>
>>81215971
>Some dude tipped me once back when I was bagging groceries.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
>>
>>81216144
It was cool of him, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. Ever.

It's like he didn't get the memo.
>>
File: 1403617399237.jpg (35 KB, 662x494) Image search: [Google]
1403617399237.jpg
35 KB, 662x494
>>81209383
You are an idiot.
>>
>>81209524
>No free half care
>Have to tip your Doctor on top of that
Wow
>>
>>81209588
You expect people to just hang out on top of Mt Everest?
>>
>>81216553
Once we all have cybernetic enhancements, why not?
>>
File: 1375805685732.png (98 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1375805685732.png
98 KB, 625x626
/co/ why are you so fucking stupid?

Why do you gobble up bait so gleefully?

Even /v/ isn't this bad.
>>
File: sad_drunk.gif (327 KB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
sad_drunk.gif
327 KB, 250x182
>>81216797
Because everyone on /co/ now is a retard from tumblr or reddit hoping that Rebecca Sugar, Justin Roiland, Pan Pizza or some other worthless "celebrity" will come on the board and they can talk to them.

This board has been going downhill since 2012. Now we are at rick fucking bottom. I remember Kelly threads where people actually posted content and didn't have fedora-tier conversations about politics. If this shit happened on /v/ it would at least be fun. But not here. /co/ isn't fun anymore. It's all autists and tumblrfags shitting up a board that was already kind of shit to begin with. That one thread up about Zootopia right now, the one with OP trying to "deduce" why one of the characters is the way he is when it is clearing fucking spelled out in the movie.

This board is full of retards. To any oldfags who are still here and happen to see this: Switch boards or buy a gun. /co/ isn't getting any better.
>>
Back to the top
>>
>>81208359
My tipping for hair and nails is dependent on how long shit took to do. For a quick trim, like $2-3. But I usually get time intensive shit like root color or acrylic nails so I more often tip $5-10.
>>
>>81205088
Lazy fucking guest is gonna steal the towel anyway. Who do you think pays for that?
>>
>>81217080
>If this shit happened on /v/ it would at least be fun.
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>81209434
the freezing cold?
>>
File: my sides.png (139 KB, 628x466) Image search: [Google]
my sides.png
139 KB, 628x466
>>81216044
oh my god I JUST got that.
>>
>>81208804
You know if you get your hair cut regularly, a barber can save your life by noticing skin cancer or other ailments.
>>
>>81209536
Holy shjt dud the old asian ladies are the ones you have to watch out for, they'll kill your ass with the scissors and then feed your body to the pigs that end up in chinese resturants!
>>
>>81205088
I fucking love these kind of Kellys

Where he's just blatantly complaining about something that happened to him instead of anything political.. Like the crackers.
>>
>>81207687
The only people I tip regularly are barbers. Other than that, it depends how good the service is.
>>
>>81208359
£1 to £3.
>>
>>81205445
why not build a tower fort?
>>
>>81208804
Barbers have a harder job with a longer lasting impact; a bad haircut will stick with you longer than a bad meal. But also there's the fact that they're waving sharp things around your head. But that's all conjecture. All I know is that growing up in a fairly upper class family, the only people I was taught to tip regularly were barbers. All other things were dependent on service but barbers were to be tipped always. Just one of those things.
>>
>>81213757
Jesus wept. Just because you're paying money to stay there doesn't mean you have to abuse the place and make the help do awful things.
>>
>>81208876
>hi I've never worked retail or food service! But with my one-sided experience, I'm sure I'm more than informed to make this broad assumption.
Opinion discarded. Languish as a cashier at a target for a year, then honestly tell me how it was the easiest least stressful thing you've ever done under penalty of death if you lie. You'd either be dead or you'll wish you were because fuck service industry. Too many adults are overgrown children that expect everything for nothing, sometimes beyond any sense or reasoning. Ever been yelled at for a penny discrepancy? I thought not.
>>
>>81213849
It's pretty much just America... although I've seen it begin to creep in around London. Then again, the places that are demanding those tips or being pushy are hipster coffee shops and the like, so I don't really encounter it that often.
>>
>>81205088
To be fair that's exactly the main reason most corporations "go green" only as far as it saves them money.
I mean the end result is there but the intentions aren't as altruistic as presented.
>>
>>81223791
I worked at a gun shop while I was looking for better work. Quite fun, to be honest. I miss it from time to time.
>>
>>81209536
>taking advantage of an elderly foreign midget explicitely because they're too weak to stop you
Fag.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 526x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 526x596
>>81223806
Oh I don't work at fucking target anymore. Funny enough, I work in the hunting/fishing/camping department at a sporting goods store. It's so much better even the people who DO suck don't bother me as much. The other guys there are bro-tier, the atmosphere isn't drowned in apathy and subservience, we can actually enjoy ourselves. I can honestly say I don't hate my job, and a year ago, I couldn't. My target guilted me into leaving two weeks unpaid bereavement on day 5, because the post-holiday hours cutback left "gaps" on the schedule. Know how many gaps occurred while I was there that week? Fucking one, for 45 minutes. There were people who could ring on the salesfloor too.
My seething hate for that target will never fade, even other targets put me on edge. If they ever go out of business I'll go to a church the next Sunday and legitimately thank God for incredible gift he's given to me and the rest of mankind.
I had to get that off my chest again.
>>
>>81207273
>implying she isn't just a white one
>>
>>81205088
The secret is to speak Spanish and they will give you everything you want. Also hotel maids are starting to make something like 28$ an hour with Union benefits.
>>
>>81209239
>CNC

nigger we all know you fuckers sit around while the machine does production cycles for 5 hours a pop

and if you try and get them to do some marking while they wait, it's like the world is ending
>>
>>81209536
The law can.
>>
>>81209536
> Implying you would bear an old lady stare of disappointment.
>>
>>81221078
london
>>
>>81205405
Is there some unspoken rule in co where every thread must somehow circle back to tumblr, like some more annoying version of 7 degrees of Kevin bacon?
>>
>>81205088
Are motels in the US actually used as one night housing? Around here it's exclusively to cheat on your partner.
>>
>>81205302
"tip" is another name for a garbage bin or dumpster
>>
>>81223716
>Britsh people
>Tipping ever
>>
>>81225763
>Is there some unspoken rule in co where every thread must somehow circle back to tumblr, like some more annoying version of 7 degrees of Kevin bacon?

*tips fedora* came from 4chan, not tumblr.
>>
>>81225766
>Are motels in the US actually used as one night housing? Around here it's exclusively to cheat on your partner.

Both.

The US is a big place that can take days to drive across, and 8+ hours just to get through some of the bigger states. Lots of people own a vehicle and travel by vehicle, and unless they plan on driving all night, motels are a cheaper alternative to staying in a hotel and a more comfortable alternative to sleeping in your vehicle.

So it's not ASSUMED that you're cheating on someone.

Unless you ask for hourly rates. There's only a handful of reason why someone would need a motel for just a couple of hours.
>>
>>81217080

/co/mrade here since 2009

I just go on /pol/, at least it's funny

I have no idea where other old /co/mrades went. I think most just retreated to other forums or boards like /tg/.
>>
>>81217080
>I remember Kelly threads where people actually posted content and didn't have fedora-tier conversations about politics.

That's a lie and you know it.

>>It's all autists and tumblrfags shitting up a board that was already kind of shit to begin with. That one thread up about Zootopia right now, the one with OP trying to "deduce" why one of the characters is the way he is when it is clearing fucking spelled out in the movie.

It's been this way since AT LEAST 2008. Don't remember Homestuck, MLP, TDK generals and the height of the Marvel vs DC movie wars.

Back then, the 4chan boogeyman was reddit and hipsters and fake geek gamer girls, not tumblr and SJWs.
>>
>>81226362

but there WERE reddit faggots and fake geeks who came to /co/, acted the fool, got stomped, and cried about it with tripcodes

the other great thing about old /co/ is you were not banned for nsfw shit, you just spoilered it and we had great cheesecake threads all the time

at least old Kelly threads had constant posts and the occasional retard that literally didn't get that Kelly is satire. now we're talking about tipping barbers, which is still funny but very different.
>>
>>81226513
>the other great thing about old /co/ is you were not banned for nsfw shit, you just spoilered it

There's an actual board for that now despite how shitty it is. Besides, it's a blueboard, I don't wanna be getting promotions all the time at work.
>>
>>81226587

yeah but you split the userbase and the bants aren't as good
>>
>>81226619
I can guarantee you that the people who post on /aco/ are still posting here just as much. They just have a few off-hours to go fap.
>>
>>81208359
My girl charges $15, so I give her a twenty every time. Same with ordering food, I always make sure it comes out to around $15 and pay with a twenty.
>>
>>81225890
You tip your barber and you tip a waiter if the service and food is excellent. Paying a few pounds extra to craftsmen, tailors, builders, etc is also acceptable.
>>
>>81226513
>but there WERE reddit faggots and fake geeks who came to /co/, acted the fool, got stomped, and cried about it with tripcodes

And there are people who post here and agree with some SJWs in principal (but not tactics) and on tumblr as well. It's not like there's a wall that keeps people who post in one website out of others or that .

Before that, 4chan's enemies were emos and gaia online.

>>the other great thing about old /co/ is you were not banned for nsfw shit, you just spoilered it and we had great cheesecake threads all the time

And now we've got an entire board. And /aco/ is free of the waifu faggotry, flavor of the month, and writefag threads, which were notorious for their shitposting. People being honest about the fact that they're in the threads for fap fodder without any other pretenses or trolls.

>>at least old Kelly threads had constant posts and the occasional retard that literally didn't get that Kelly is satire. now we're talking about tipping barbers, which is still funny but very different.

Pretty much every Kelly thread has (and always will be) an invitation to discuss politics and take pot shots at whatever is currently controversial. And occasionally, to post more Kelly comics or actual political comics, but mostly to engage in anonymous comment/message board tier political discourse.

Take off the rose colored glasses. Old /co wasn't better. It was just different.
>>
>>81207002
How much do you tip your prostitutes?
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.