[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flashfag here. If this does well I might decide to catch up on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: flashsupergirl0004.jpg (279 KB, 1280x1614) Image search: [Google]
flashsupergirl0004.jpg
279 KB, 1280x1614
Flashfag here. If this does well I might decide to catch up on Supergirl. Is there anything I should know about the series before the crossover tonight?
>>
>>81203864
The SJWing is not as bad as you think it'll be.
>>
>>81203864
Bumpin for info. Anybody kind enough to do a plot dump on supergirl for flashfags?
>>
>>81203864
>Is there anything I should know about the series before the crossover tonight?
Nope. Flash is the one you sorta need to have been watching to understand how are they crossing over.

SG never deals with other universes and mostly dwells on metas trying to kill her and morons without personalities slobbering over her.
>>
>>81203894

Sure thing black olsen.
>>
>>81203864
If you like Flash you'll like this. The only weak link to me is Cat and Catco. It's no Daily Planet or Star Labs.
>>
>>81203999
>The only weak link to me is Cat and Catco
Its Jimmy Olsen for me and not because of the race thing, but he lacks any kind of personality. At least Cat is sassy and great at being a bitch.

That other retard, Toyman's kid is also pretty bad. He's basically male Felicity now.
>>
>>81203864
1-6 are about Arrow-tier, from seven onward, shit gets really gud.

The series genuinely makes fun of SJWs.

Characters may voice their ideologies. Unlike Guggenheim shows, characters can be and often are WRONG. HIlariously enough, especially feminists. No show bashes modern feminism like Supergirl.

There's less relationshit crap than you'd expect.

All the main characters, even Wynn, end up likable. "End up" being the key word. They don't all start that way.

Pay attention when Martian Manhunter "jobs" to Kryptonians and keep in mind that this is the guy packing kryptonite weapons...and what happens next.
>>
>>81203864

I would recommend starting from the first Livewire episode, or the first Martian Manhunter episode. The first few episodes aren't that great.

There's romantic triangle bullshit, but it's not quite as infuriating as Arrow's, the biggest failing is that the show keeps trying to push Kara and Jimmy together when they have zero on-screen chemistry.

Kara is a cute, and Cat Grant is much better than she initially seems.
>>
supergirl's panties are blue
>>
>>81203894
That's not true. The last episode I watched the villain was literally:

"The personification of white male privilege"
>>
>>81204080
>male felicty

How is a genuinely helpful, nice guy trying to do the right thing ANYTHING like a sociopathic mary sue demigod?
>>
This show should really exploit Max Lord more and focus on Kara's sister and her love interests a lot less.
>>
>>81204216
>characters IC opinions=those of the showrunners
>characters are always right
>everything is to be taken at face value

You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>81204216

These SG fans are trying to con people into watching the show when flash isn't around. This shit is going to die, badly. Their agenda based identity politics can burn with the apologists spouting nonsense in favor of tricking people into watching shit that is literally against their own interests.
>>
>>81204297
All this mental gymnastics.
>>
>>81204399
You mean like this guy >>81204312 ?

Sometimes a show is just a show, dumbass.
>>
>>81204433

>racebends a character to fit a political agenda

Lets just overlook it guize, come on!

Or you can call it what it is. Literally no reason to change the character beyond their own politically correct agenda and it shows. It wasn't done for creative reasons, you're not going to argue that he is the best possible person for that character.
>>
>>81204216
You mean the old rich white dude that was trying to btfo Cat to take control of the company?
Thats exactly what he was, he wasn't a faggot on 4chin epically trolling them sjws or supporting GG.
He was a bussiness man doing shady stuff to get control of a company.
That was literally the moment when the moniker of 'personification of white male privilege' completely fit.
Faggot.
>>
>>81204504

You just agreed with him, are you trying to undermine your own fanbase by calling a shitshow, shit?
>>
>>81204253
It's the basic problem of civilian love interests. They always end up sidelined or take over the plot. They should be aiming for a heroic love interest instead of the interminable office drama that it's clear even the writers aren't especially interested in.
>>
>>81203894
Saw a comment on /co/ that said something like it seems to jump between 70s era sexism and modern day girl power.
>>
>>81204495
I honestly don't give a flying fuck what an actor's race is, and frankly, I'm glad comic Jimmy Olson isn't in the series, because Jimmy Olson was always the worst thing about Superman. Clark meets comic Jimmy is basically awkward shy guy meets awkward shy guy. It's absolutely not entertaining at all.
>>
>>81204433
>>81204504
>Dumbass
>Faggot
Oh man, the state of you SJW.
>>
When does it air?
eta?
>>
>>81204581
>the 1% are our friends!

If you kill yourself, you'll make the world a better place. Do it, anon. Do it.
>>
>>81204661

In about 50 minutes, 8pm Eastern time.
>>
>>81204642
>hurr u SJW

Totally the wrong ballpark, my subhuman friend.
>>
James is one hot motherfucker.
>>
File: 1453425585037.png (235 KB, 482x349) Image search: [Google]
1453425585037.png
235 KB, 482x349
>>81204113
Pretty much this, though I would add that I would say by "Arrow-tier" it's absolutely is not "Current-Season-Arrow-tier". I know people like to complain about Supergirl, but I personally think it's been alright throughout its run, outside of the rocky start. People are way too hard on it, and while I know some people who defend it are pretty 'eccentric' about it, some of the complaints are a bit ridiculous.
>>81203864
However, if you don't want to watch it, though everything you need to know will probably be brought up in the crossover as to not alienate Flash-only viewers, here's most of what I can recall:
>young Kara's sent to follow Clark to Earth, Krypton blows up, shock-wave sends her to negative zone with a Krypton prison, gets out, lands on Earth, Clark's already Superman and he gives her to the Danvers
>Adoptive Dad was an agent of DEO (alien defense agency)
>Dad died(turns out maybe not) after killing the director, and Martian Manhunter replaced actual director of agency, promised to protect the Danvers sisters.
>MM gets sister to join agency
>Sister gets Kara to work with DEO when she starts being Supergirl
>Villains are mostly alien, and are from the Kryptonian prison
>main villains being Supergirl's Aunt and Uncle, also imprisoned for being terrorist and warning about destruction of Krpyton
>Aunt's dead, killed by Martian Manhunter
>Uncle still out there doing whatever
>Max Lord is in the series, and he's basically Kara's Lex Luthor.
>Has already made a Bizarro Supergirl, used the Black Mercy in a "For the Man who has Everything"-esqe story, and created Red Kryptonite that was used on Kara.
>Familiar villains like Livewire and Braniac 8 have made appearances
>Livewire's appearing in the crossover, so nothing else to say there, except that she hates Kat
>Braniac 8 did some computer stuff, tried to nuke the city, then went back to the aforementioned Uncle. She's the reason Kara, and the prison, even got out of the Negative Zone
>>
What I'm going to tell you now is all spoilers, OP, but you do need to know it to understand what's going on.

>Black Jimmy Olsen is all alpha because this is the Jimmy that has worked with Superman for years and has previously run into battlefields to get pictures
>Wynn is the son of Toyman, who in a previous episode escaped from prison and was obsessed with "making it up" to his son
>Because CBS a shit, Kara came to earth as a kid (9 years old iirc) instead of her top tier new 52 origin where she is old enough to find earth completely alien and struggle with the language
>The DEO defends Earth from extraterrestrial threats, and until recently was run by the Martian Manhunter in disguise, who is on the run with Kara's sister. They were both being sent to some shithole area 51 place for experimentation. Alex (Kara's sister) was being imprisoned for wilfully hiding the Manhunter's true identity.
>Livewire had an episode dedicated to her, she was a radio newscaster who hated supergirl and then got shitty because she wasn't saved etc etc
>Silver Banshee has been a side character working at Catco alongside Kara for a while, she also hooked up with Wynn. She was shitty at how Cat only gave a shit about Kara, who knew everything about her and was the perfect assistant, doing everything right before Banshee (can't spell her Irish name) could get noticed. She resorted to false emails and blackmail to get rid of Kara after the red kryptonite episode turned her all bitchy, which resulted in Banshee having a breakdown and revealing her power when she fell off a roof. She has yet to actually fuck shit up and commit a serious crime.
>>
>>81205110
Braniac is one of my favorite typos.
>>
File: 127970466482.jpg (99 KB, 460x451) Image search: [Google]
127970466482.jpg
99 KB, 460x451
>>81205110
>Winn, white nerdy guy, is Toyman's son, he worries that he'll be just as crazy as his dad is
>Jimmy Olson (called James) is black
>also, this is supposedly after years of classic Superman adventures, which is why he isn't the "nerdy kid" that most people are used to seeing in popular media. He's much more used to Superman's stuff, so they play him off as being more of an "alpha".
>Banshee is an assistant that Cat hired when Kara dumped her son
>assistant got fired cause she did a lot of shady shit and wouldn't let it go
>before that, started dating Winn, powers activated when she fell off a building while drunk due to being BTFO a second time
>Lois Lane's sister, Lucy, is now the director of the DEO
>she was dating Jimmy, but got jealous of how much time he spent with Kara and Supergirl
>dumped Jimmy
>got over it once the secret was revealed
>secret revealed because government found out about Martian Manhunter being Martian Manhunter
>Martian Manhunter taken into custody (Project Cadmus), along with sister, due to lying to the government and being aliens
>Lucy and Supergirl team up to help them escape
>MM and sister are now outlaws
I think that's it.
Right now the status quo would be Supergirl working with Lucy Lane in the DEO, Banshee JUST getting her powers, so the crossover's going to see where that leads, Winn was with her, so I guess we'll see where that goes, and Jimmy's just hanging around I guess.
>>81205203
Shit.
>>
>>81204625
Yeah, and posters on 4chan never take things out of context or blow things out of proportion to support their views.

I haven't seen the series for myself, but I will likely dip into it following the Flash crossover. One of the other posters mentioned where the show starts to find its footing so II'll likely start there and just get an overview of the other episodes.
>>
>>81203864
Must be hard to talk casually with a girl that you've seen naked and getting fucked in pics.
>>
>>81203864
J'onn. Mutherfucking. J'onzz
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.