[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is amazing. What do you guys think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: vision.jpg (143 KB, 1200x756) Image search: [Google]
vision.jpg
143 KB, 1200x756
This is amazing. What do you guys think?
>>
>>81203484
>tfw no not-vision gf

(;_;)
>>
I thought he was married to the Scarlett Witch
>>
>>81203607
that kind of fell apart after she killed him along with half of the avengers, poofed their kids out of existence and then tried to rewrite reality by making her dad the King of the World and then destroyed mutantkind when it that didn't pan out

she is still considered a hero tho :^)
>>
>>81203877
Was she really that overpowered? Suddenly Mutant Registration seems like a good idea.
>>
>>81203994

She was eventually retconned as it all being Dr Doom's fault somehow and to not be really a mutant because Marvel needed her in the Avenger movies.

But yes she was the single most prominent example of why muties need to be registered and in concentration camps.
>>
>>81204099

Still Vision modeled his wife's brain after the brain patterns of Wanda. Which is probably why the robot qt became a murderous, lying bitch.
>>
>Tom King is DC exclusively
>No more vision
>>
>>81203484
The first I've ever became interested in vision. Sucks everything is going downhill fast, can't I just have a dark story with a happy ending
>>
>>81203484
It's one of a handful of titles that has got me buying capeshit again! I fucking love it. Really impressive stuff.
>>
Thought it was dumb when they were showing off all the wonders the Visions got as wedding gifts. I refuse to believe the other marvel heroes would see this whole thing as anything but a creepy phase Vision is going through.
>>
>>81205038
it reminds me so much of that Voyager episode when the Doctor makes a holofamily and starts spending all his time there even as it falls apart
i mean i get that the line between real AI and a simulation is fucking vague, and that's the point, but you'd think someone in these universes would address it. like, 'you are a computer acting on its own, this is a computer running a program for you'

in any case the little i've seen of this comic made it look creepy and unpleasant. i guess that's the point
>>
>>81205038
>I refuse to believe the other marvel heroes would see this whole thing as anything but a creepy phase Vision is going through.

Thats kinda the point

Stark doesn't know what to make of it is uncomfortable when the Vision ask him for help over repairing his daughter.
>>
Loving it. Absolutely loving it.
>>
>>81203484
Viv needs to survive
>>
>>81204480
Was that revealed already? I might have missed an issue.
>>
>>81204838
It was going to get cancelled anyway, sales are awful unfortunately
>>
>>81205748
>for the rest of her short life she would treasure that moment

Anon.....
>>
>>81204838
It's selling 19k now that Marvel isn't giving it away for free
If King weren't getting all the attention that he did and if he weren't going exclusive, it probably would've been cancelled before 12.
>>
>>81205755
It hasn't officially been revealed. It's speculation based on clues in the book.
>>
It's great.

It's better than capeshit deserves.
>>
>>81206666
So why isn't it selling, Satan?

It's gotten great reviews and word of mouth, the writing is fantastic and the art is beautiful and yet the sales aren't there. WTF?
>>
>>81206788
When have good books ever sold for being good?
>>
>>81206788

because 90% of people are in either of these 2 camps:

>lol big2shit. no thx

or

>its not superman/batman/spiderman/somethingvengers/muties = no buy no care

so less known stuff by big2 that isnt some flagship title has a hard time thriving
>>
>>81203484
I really would wanna see this animated or something. I picture late 70s horror music when i read this shit
>>
File: 1358514820785.gif (2 MB, 235x175) Image search: [Google]
1358514820785.gif
2 MB, 235x175
>>81205910
>sales are awful unfortunately
but he's in the movies, wtf!
>>
>>81206833
Point taken.

But consider that Vision was just in a movie, and they gave the first issue away for free to anyone who bought Spider-man & Deadpool #1.

Can capeshit fans not sense something special happening when everyone who's reading it is gushing about it?

Who buys comics?
>>
>>81204099
Are you really defending Bendis?
>>
>>81207269
There's two kinds of comics that sell right now.

Holy trinity shit (Batman, Superman, Spider-man)

And pander shit (Adventure Time comics, ponycomics, and most CN spin-off comics)
>>
>>81207349
not really

i just dont like retcons for no reason. she was far more of an interesting char as a mad mutant goddess (an analogue to Legion) than as a pawn of doom
>>
>>81207269
most people who buy comics on the regular are superhero worshippers, they don't usually care about the writing or art, they buy all the comics with their favorite characters, they don't buy the comics without their favorites
>>
>>81207526
The mutant goddess thing was a retcon in and of itself. She never had that scope of ability before.
>>
>>81207025
>lol big2shit. no thx

That's the thing, though. This shit is right up my alley, and I read mostly image and avoid capes in general.

Vision isn't a normal superhero comic.
>>
>>81203484
Is her neck broken?
Normally ID just assume weird art choice, but this book is fucked up enough that it may be a broken neck and I missed an issue.
>>
>>81203994
Normally she's basically a controlled version of Black Cat/Domino.
>>
>>81207567
This. They don't care about the quality of writing. They want to see the favorite guy/gal doing super cool and awesome stuff with ok art. And they are killing the creativity of the industry.
>>
Is this the best thing Marvel has right now?
>>
>>81203607
He hasn't been married to Wanda for decades. Back in Celestial Quest we even had a phenomenal scene where he was railing Mantis while Wanda was in the room right next to him.

Fucking Englehart.
>>
>>81204838
It's confirmed to last until 12, and it probably wasn't going to last any longer than that anyways considering the sales are shit.
>>
>>81207631
her powers was mostly arbitrary (getting preggo by a robot wtf?) and following no internal logic.

if you take this to an extreme because of mental problems, reality-warping seems like a natural consequence of it.

just like magneto was able to make wormholes with no precedence for it during a moment of stress
>>
>>81207269
>Who buys comics?
Characterfags that only want to read about A-listers and more often than not actively HATE quality.
>>
So how much longer is the book lasting?

The first arc is ending with issue #6 next month.
>>
>>81207736

Probably. Along with Kamala and Ultimates
>>
>>81204099
>robot goes crazy and murders everyone
>guess its time to imprison all the mutants
>>
>>81207917
>The best Marvel books all have non-whites, non-humans or non-males as protagonists

what a time 2be aliv
>>
File: 1449195579157.png (175 KB, 258x241) Image search: [Google]
1449195579157.png
175 KB, 258x241
>/co/ likes "Desperate Housewives With Robots"
>>
>>81207827
>her powers was mostly arbitrary (getting preggo by a robot wtf?) and following no internal logic.

Completely independent of her mutant powers, she is also a witch. Impregnating herself with Vision's children was the result of her stopping an entire village of evil witches from doing something (I have the book somewhere so I don't remember what they were going to do), and taking the magic energy into herself to stop their spell. She couldn't just keep the energy forever, so she used all of that energy (which came from, remember, an entire village filled with powerful witches) and made herself pregnant. It clearly wasn't something she could do frequently.

I know this because I actually READ that Vision/Scarlet Witch series where she was pregnant.
>>
>>81207377
>>81207567
>>81207715
>>81207863
This is so sad. Please support your favorites with cash, but only if you have good taste.

>>81207801
It was always a stealth mini. They *might* have kept it going past issue 12 if the sales had been phenomenal, but it would have gone in a different direction with a new creative team.
>>
>>81208219
Pretty sure Claremont retconned wanda's "chaos magic" into being an aspect of her mutant abilities in his prelude to house of M
>>
>>81203877
>>81203994

Busiek got her power level right. She's very powerful but because her powers are connected to her emotions, it can easily fluctuate so she's not OP.

Chaos Magic is all about nature, not knowledge, meaning Chthon's sorcerer enemies cannot use it.
>>
>>81204480
Vision's going to get his shit kicked in.
>>
>>81203484
>This is amazing. What do you guys think?
I think it'll be reeeeeeealy interesting to compare King's work on Vision, Omega Men, and Sherif of Babylon with his work when he takes over Batman (a flagship title that will doubtless have massively more editorial shenanigans).
>>
>>81205038
They were old wedding gifts from his marriage to Wanda.
>>
>>81208206
hey fuck you, Desperate Housewives was based
>>
>>81208996
That would be hilarious.
The visions didn't even have a wedding, he just photoshopped Vi into the memories of his and Wanda's.
>>
>>81203994
>>81203877

Bendis was too thick to understand Chaos Magic and how pagan mysticism works.

So Bendis interpreted Chaos Magic as reality warping, then had Doctor Strange, who does not understand Wanda's powers, claim it did not exist, in turn claiming Chthon did not exist and thus the Blade, Spider Woman, and the Vishanti obviously should not exist.

Mighty Avengers underlined again that Hank Pym is smarter than Strange as he outwitted Chthon.
>>
>>81207827
Wanda's power is:

Chaos Magic
Created by Chthon as a counter to Magic.
Chaos Magic is magic driven by instinct and will, not knowledge, and thus barred from sorcerers.
As a fundamental aspect of nature it powers everything Wanda does and can mesh with mystic and science powers.
>>
>>81203484
>just over a next week till the next issue drops
Can't fucking wait!

I can't remember the last time an arc had me this hooked.
>>
>>81204099
>But yes she was the single most prominent example of why muties need to be registered and in concentration camps.
Nope. That is still Jean Grey the Eater of Stars and Cosmic Aborter.
>>
File: chaosmagic1.jpg (182 KB, 620x950) Image search: [Google]
chaosmagic1.jpg
182 KB, 620x950
>>81208427
>>
>>81208427
Well, then Claremont is a fucking hack, then. He and Bendis trying to make Wanda into an X-Men character and exaggerating Magneto's importance is faggotry of the worst order.

If Wanda is a mutant then so is Juggernaut, who, just like Wanda, is powered by an arch-demon.
>>
>>81208427
House of M should have been House of Chthon; that would have made sense and been 100 times more interesting than mutant soap opera bullshit.
>>
>>81210416
>>81210461

It was during a time mutie books sold very well

Thats all Bendis and Quesoman cared about
>>
>>81204838
It was never going to last past issue 12. It always a stealth mini. How can you people not see this?
>>
>>81207526
She's most interesting as Chthon's Chosen.

Her arch enemy is also her benefactor and sometimes ally.

It ties together all those themes of her seeking control and fits with the ethereal and complex nature of her character, and her character just fits with mystical stuff better.
>>
the worst thing about Wanda is how in Avengers vs X-Men Wanda was the only thing the mutants were scared off, and they Avengers got Tony Stark technology to disguise themselves as Wanda to scare mutants away, as if she were a scarecrow.

Imagine "Hitler is the only thing Jews fear, press this button and you will look like Hitler, to scare the Jews away"
>>
>>81203484
Something that's been pointed out is that whereas Vision, who erased his emotional memory, is clinging to a past happiness, Wanda, who, being human, still retains that emotional memory.
She suffers from depression and has to take medication, but she has moved on. In contrast to Vision's "house of memories", Wanda's New York apartment has only a picture of Steve, Clint, and Pietro by her bedside. Vision is nowhere to be seen in Wanda's new life.
>>
File: Juggernaut_quill_Avalanche.jpg (39 KB, 482x339) Image search: [Google]
Juggernaut_quill_Avalanche.jpg
39 KB, 482x339
>>81210416
That would be pretty fucking dumb
>>
>>81212002
no pic of wonder man?

what a slut
>>
>>81210416

Wanda debuted in the X-Men books, and was in the brotherhood of mutants with Toad, she was alwasy meant to be a mutant.
Being Magnetos daughter is a retcon, but so is Magneto being Jewish.
>>
>>81211465
People say the changes and ret-cons are driven by Disney, and to some extent they are, but the truth is that Bendis poisoned the well so completely that moving Wanda away from the X-Men is in fact as much a creative decision as a corporate one.

The fact that Wanda was used as a scarecrow in AvX really put the nail into the coffin of that whole mutant thing.
>>
>>81212420
they where already retconned to not be mutants (wanda and pietro) or related to Magento at all

they are "New Men (TM)", created by the High Evolutionary and thats why terrigen mists don't affect them the way they do mutants
>>
>>81204872
>>81205704

I can see this arc leading to him becoming more of a cosmic character, just as Wanda has been moved into mystic Marvel.
>>
>>81208925
I think it's weird how easy it is to miss Vision actually having phasing power in the movie. You have to look for it to notice it.
>>
>>81213023
I never got to see it and now that i know the plot i don't think i will. But is the Wanda thing even hinted at or implied?
>>
>>81213265
You mean the brain pattern thing in the Vision comic? Alot of people think it is Wanda's brain patterns but that maybe too obvious.
>>
>>81213902
No, i mean if the Vision&Wanda thing happens in the movie in some subtle way at all?
>>
>>81212508
Wait, the New Men are his evolved animals, and they're obviously still animals. Hell, I even remember reading that he SAID to them that he wasn't their father.
So what the hell's the deal with them, did he just steal some twins, fuck with their genes, and give them to two random gypsies?
>>
>>81213984
Olsen has said their relationship is less romantic and more about them having a unique connection.

Basically, Vision is a creature of logic and order, while Wanda is a creature of emotion and chaos.

Vision alludes to this at the end of Age of Ultron.
>>
>>81207247
Casuals don't buy floppies, but they might buy the trade especially since it's by the star Batman writer now. That's probably the only reason Marvel is even letting him finish.
>>
>>81216383
Adding to that, I doubt we will see their relationship developed properly until Infinity War Part 1 (where I think it may well be the emotional core).

But, I think in Civil War they are going to be in conflict for most of the movie.
>>
>>81214238
I don't know, I didn't understand why Remender made High Evolutionary so important. With an Elder God on the scene, H.E feels like the fifth wheel.
>>
>>81217139

I think that if Remender had stayed, he would have ended up making the High Evolutionary a nu-Apocalypse. Like Apocalypse was for mutants, High Evolutionary would have been for humans.
>>
>>81207872
12 issues because of sales to retailers below 20k and Tom King now a DC exclusive.
>>
>>81208206
>Implying it's not the Twilight Zone
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.