[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Lex know Darkseid was coming? What the fuck was he going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: jljrgrvsdrjtbkwcd1hd.jpg (144 KB, 865x565) Image search: [Google]
jljrgrvsdrjtbkwcd1hd.jpg
144 KB, 865x565
How did Lex know Darkseid was coming? What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
How did The Flash travel in time to warn Bruce if he was dreaming and had never heard of Barry before?
How did Lois know to go back after the kryptonite spear to use it against Doomsday?
>>
>>81202665
There was a deleted scene released today that showed Lex in the genesis chamber with some Pacific Rim looking thing that had Mother Boxes. I don't know why they would cut that but leave the prison shit in.
>>
>>81202665

1. Deleted scene shows he was using the kryptonian ship to communicate with aliens
2.The Flash can travel through time, it doesn't matter if Batman knows him yet

3. Plot hole
>>
>>81202795
In response to Number 2, Bruce was still dreaming though
>>
>How did Lex know Darkseid was coming?
He's probably working with them, Warner released a cut scene with a guy who's probably Steppenwolf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

>What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
Lex is weird

>How did The Flash travel in time to warn Bruce if he was dreaming and had never heard of Barry before?
Barry knows who Bruce is in the future, and speed force shenanigans.

>How did Lois know to go back after the kryptonite spear to use it against Doomsday?
No idea
>>
>>81202917
Come to think of it, the bells might be the pings from the Mother Boxes.
>>
>>81202857
It seems he both was and wasn't dreaming. I didn't pay attention to it, but I've seen others say that the room was messed up from Flash's appearance. Don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>81202795
>plot hole

She saw it come out from the ship, I think it's a reasonable assumption to think that it's Kryptonian and thus weak to the spear.
>>
>>81202857
The Knightmare scene was the future. Lois Lane dies and Superman works for Darkseid. Barry went back in time to change the the past and hopefully the future. Messing with time led to Batman still having memories from the original time line bleed into his dreams.
>>
>>81202966

He also says "Ding Dong the god is dead"

He just killed their best defense against Apokalips and now they're taking their cue to move in.
>>
>>81202665
A ton of shit was probably missing from editing.
>>
>>81203008
this
>>
>>81202995

Little from column A, little from column B.

Was it the result of random neurons firing during a REM sleep cycle as his brain filed away memories and sensory information from the day? No.

But he also wasn't completely awake and lucid in reality when it happened. It's that half-asleep state where you see a snake eating its own tail in the shape of flames, and then get the inspiration for the structure of benzene.

Little bit of Speed Force time chicanery, little bit of magic. But the Speed Force is kind of magic in the first place.
>>
>>81203055
Lex probably thinks that if he can kill Superman, he's smart enough to defeat Darksied or deal with him in some way.
>>
>>81202917
At 0:05 You hear him say Lex Luthor
>>
>>81202665
Shit writing and shit directing.
>>
>>81202665
>Perry told Lois to get over to where the Kryptonian ship was and cover that story (before she told him no and insisted on a chopper so she could go do her other thing across the bay).

>Lois eventually sees Superman having to deal with the cause of the explosions at the ship.

>She figures that whatever came out of the Kryptonian ship is Kryptonian in origin.

>She knows that Batman's spear can hurt Kryptonians.

>She goes for the spear.
>>
>>81202665

So if we're answering random plot questions here, can anyone figure out why the fuck Lex returned to the ship's archive after Doomsday hatched? What was he looking for? Or how did the information find him if it really was addressing him in that "communion" clip?
>>
>>81202665
>How did Lex know Darkseid was coming? What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
He told the Kryptonian computer "tell me everything". It complied.
>How did The Flash travel in time to warn Bruce if he was dreaming and had never heard of Barry before?
It's the fucking Speedforce.
>How did Lois know to go back after the kryptonite spear to use it against Doomsday?
Because it came from the Kryptonian crash site and was shooting heat vision everywhere, which is a Kryptonian power, she made the pretty obvious leap that it was Kryptonian in nature.
>>
>>81203145
Wouldn't be surprised if Lex had been working for Darkseid for a long time. Maybe Lex-OS was going be an Anti-Life Equation delivery system.
>>
>>81203308
>Wouldn't be surprised if Lex had been working for Darkseid for a long time

Absolutely not. His speech to Clark about "now God kneels to Man" makes no goddamn sense if he's already been infected with Anti-Life.
>>
Was that much really cut from the movie? Upon a second viewing with some friends, I noticed a few things that don't make sense or come out of nowhere.
>>
>>81203489

Apparently they filmed like four hours worth of footage, and the R-rated cut is supposed to be half an hour longer.

I would love to just see them release all the deleted scenes and see what people can cut together for fan-edits.
>>
>>81202665
>How did Lex know Darkseid was coming? What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
They should have kept this scene so it's more understandable (while vague) that he keeps saying "he's coming" at the end.
>>
>>81203529
I'm making an edit with this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8iRvQdSGA
>>
File: 6598665.png (671 KB, 1851x873) Image search: [Google]
6598665.png
671 KB, 1851x873
>>81202665

>descending the dead body to the ground
>crosess in the background

no it can't be...
>>
>>81203577

Eh, I still got that he was referring to Darkseid, but that doesn't explain how he came into that knowledge without that scene.

Like >>81203262 points out though, why did Lex even go back to look for that information though? What did he ask for?
>>
>>81203653
He's Goku?
>>
>>81203049
ooohhhhhhhh
>>
is this movie set in earth 3 ?
alexander luthor is a faggot so we can assume his not autistic father lex will show up also
>>
>>81202917
lol, christ, I wonder what else is in that half hour they left on the floor.

I liked the movie but the editing was such a friggin' hatchet job.
>>
The bit with the Daily Planet at the end reminded me of those meme newspapers from TDKR's release.
>SUPERMAN DEAD
>Lookalike reporter dies in same incident rip
>>
>>81203895

Yeah I just re-watched it with the camrip, this movie is in desperate need of establishing shots.
>>
>>81203529
>They won't even release a four hour movie theatrically.
What's the matter, Zack, a four hour movie doesn't SELL TICKETS? Doesn't MOVE MERCH?

I thought you wanted to beat Marvel, you pussy.
>>
>>81204077

Movies always shoot more footage than what they put in the movie.

This is the same problem as what people complained about with AoU. They shot a ton of footage then wound up cutting some things that would've provided better context for the characters and events.
>>
File: 1446837813884.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1446837813884.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>>81202665
>What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
The communion video pretty much spells it & he's clearly mind broken from witnessing New Gods. Which I believe is calling back on his "Devils don't come from Hell beneath us; no, they come from the sky" spiel.
>>
>>81203260

holy shit, she was a better detective than batman.
>>
>>81204172
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Deleted-Batman-V-Superman-Scene-Shows-Darkseid-Hint-Lex-Luthor-Arrest-Watch-It-Now-121057.html
>>
>>81202665

I think Barry has a throwaway, almost Marvel-esque line there.

It's something like

>BRUCE YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM
>YOU WERE ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT HIM
>YOU HAVE TO SAVE US
>SHE IS THE KEY
>LOIS LANE IS THE KEY
>...
>Too soon?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>81204176

Batman knew to get the spear too, but he had to actually bait Doomsday towards him to an abandoned part of the city, rather than just immediately run away and double back.
>>
>>81204077
They need an edge for dvd releases.
>>
>>81204229

So was Flash saying that Bruce was right to distrust Superman? Or is there something else we haven't seen because he came too far back in time?
>>
>>81204288

I'm pretty sure he was talking about not trusting Supes, because it comes RIGHT AFTER the scene where Supes' Justifiers and Parademons wreck the resistance's shit and they murder Bats and his dudes.

ALSO PARADEMONS HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>81204288
I'd say we don't know, but it seems likely that it means something else because he went too far back in time but Bruce misunderstands it to think it's validating his distrust of Superman.
>>
>>81203735
>Eh, I still got that he was referring to Darkseid, but that doesn't explain how he came into that knowledge without that scene.

Dude, it's fucking obvious. My girlfriend is terrible at interpreting vague shit and she understood it at the first try.

>Did you get why he was talking about something like an alien invasion at the end?
>Yeah, he was in the ship, and the ship told him "I have knowledge of 100,000 worlds", obviously Lex got some info from there, something like sending a signal to them.
>>
>>81204288
We dunno. Turns out Barry's kind of a shitty messenger.
>>
>>81204238
>Batman knew to get the spear too, but he had to actually bait Doomsday towards him to an abandoned part of the city

Thank god Wonder Woman gave us helpful expository dialogue about Batman leading the monster back to the city, otherwise we'd have been flooded with inundations of BAT OF RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT

(because I meant he's already a turbomurderer, can't really call him that)
>>
>>81204320
>ALSO PARADEMONS HOLY SHIT.

I know people complained about the Knightmare sequence and Flash's warning being out of place, but HOLY SHIT PARADEMONS AND SPEEDFORCE ON THE BIG SCREEN.

>>81204356

I wish we got to see more reaction from Bruce. At the very end of the movie he knows something big is on the way because of Lex's warning, so he's going to try and get the rest of the Metas together, but we never see what exactly he thinks of his own nightmare and Flash's time travel, or if that influences his decisions explicitly.
>>
>>81204172
Fucking pottery. Was all the good shit cut out?
>>
>>81204428

Yeah I thought it was funny how hard they tried to stress that NO CIVILIANS DIED IN THE MAKING OF THIS FIGHT SCENE there during the Doomsday fight.
>>
>>81204446
I just kinda love that the Speedforce's first appearance in a feature film is Peak Speedforce.

"Why the fuck did this work this way?" "Because it's the fucking Speedforce."
>>
>>81204478

I like General Swanick for that too.

>LOOK. HE'S TAKING THE CREATURE INTO SPACE [where there are presumably no civilians to become casualties]!
>>
>>81204477

Looks like all the context might have been for some scenes. I want an extended edition so goddamn bad.
>>
>>81204427
It's kind of amazing the script actually linked The Flash, a direct Mercury rip-off, with the actual delivery of a message of gargantuan importance.

It almost makes me believe in Zack Snyder intelligence.
>>
>>81202665
To answer your first q, he says "Teach me" to the Kryptonian ship RE: other worlds the Kryptonians knew about i.e. Apokolips.
>>
File: 1.jpg (50 KB, 1164x532) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
50 KB, 1164x532
Did you cry when clar Joe died?
>>
File: betterthanbvs.png (1 MB, 1101x1609) Image search: [Google]
betterthanbvs.png
1 MB, 1101x1609
why do Mexicans like this movie so much?
>>
>>81204513
>>81204478
That shit apparently matters to normies. My mom was really mad at the climax of MoS and said Superman should've tried to take Zod into space.

When I told her that the fighting in BvS primarily took place in uninhabited areas and Superman did take Doomsday into space, she was pretty happy.
>>
>>81204428
>Thank god Wonder Woman gave us helpful expository dialogue about Batman leading the monster back to the city, otherwise we'd have been flooded with inundations of BAT OF RECKLESS ENDANGERME
>>81204428
>Thank god Wonder Woman gave us helpful expository dialogue about Batman leading the monster back to the city, otherwise we'd have been flooded with inundations of BAT OF RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
I thought that was already established with a conversation between Batman and Alfred, and Wonder Woman's explanation was just superfluous bullshit?
>>
>>81204563
Didn't you see theiIllegal alien sign in the movie?
Superman is uno de nosotros, ese.
>>
>>81204533

I think some of the more inspired choices for this movie may have come from Terrio's script-writing, hearing him talk about classical myth and phenomenology makes me think he actually knows his shit.

>>81204512

It was kind of nice to have the video clip of current Flash to compare that too.

>breaking up a mugging while still moving slow enough to be caught on camera
vs
>FUCKING TIME TRAVEL THAT RIPS OPEN HOLES IN THE FABRIC OF REALITY AND DRAGS WHOLE MEMORIES WITH YOU
>>
>>81204563
No one in my theater or general vicinity liked it
>>
>>81204584

No. Bats said to Alfred "I have to take it back to the city, that's where the kryptonite spear is".

He doesn't tell us the port is abandoned until Wonder Woman asked him YO WHY DID YOU BRING THE CREATURE BACK TO THE CITY YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>81204665

does your general vicinity include Mexico? Seemed like all the Mexicans on /co/ that saw it early were talking about how great it was
>>
>>81202665
Its a Snyder movie, we have to wait 6 months or so to get the 4 hours cut for this shit to make sense, Like always.
>>
>>81204667
Ah, shit, you're right.
>>
>>81204631
>breaking up a mugging while still moving slow enough to be caught on camera
And the thing is, he's still incredibly fast; the bottle of milk he's holding in his right hand doesn't move at all when he moves to hit the mugger.
>>
>>81204665

It seemed like most of my theater enjoyed it. Heard some grumblings, but I think most people were really excited about the fights at the end of the movie and were still talking about that.
>>
File: 1308365070262.png (160 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1308365070262.png
160 KB, 512x384
>>81204729
>all the sparks and electrical shit that goes crazy just by moving 50 feet
>>
>>81204698
Yes, born and raised here. It was bad, but not 30% bad. Like 50% bad
>>
>>81204752
Yeah, I really liked that, you could really feel the power behind it.
>>
>>81202665
>>How did Lex know Darkseid was coming?
Motherfucking motherbox fusing with cyborg on lex video, he already knows about apokolips

>>What the fuck was he going on about with bells?
Crazy lex is crazy

>>How did The Flash travel in time to warn Bruce if he was dreaming and had never heard of Barry before?
Future Barry knows future Bruce, he travels behind in time to warn present Bruce who does not know shit

>>How did Lois know to go back after the kryptonite spear to use it against Doomsday?
Crazy shit happening in kriptonian spaceship, gigantic beast goes out from the ship, obviously kriptonian. What do you use to kill a kriptonian creature?
>>
>>81204806

All the JL teasers were really neat on their own, I was just disappointed that they shoved them into a pretty inappropriate spot in the movie to show them off.

I would've just cut them out entirely and released them to the public over YouTube or something.

Or hell, have Batman look at the videos immediately after Flash's warning because then the files are done decrypting, and the videos are right there. Have him put two and two together to figure out who just contacted him.
>>
>The scout ship acted as a beacon, summoning Zod and Faora to Earth
>Black Zero acted as a beacon, summoning Darkseid to Earth

Place your bets /co/, which fucking Kryptonian ship will ruin everything for everyone next?
>>
>>81204948
>Black Zero

No, if anything the catalyst for the Apokalips invasion is Supes' death, listen to what Lex says in prison

>"Ding Dong the god is dead"
>the bell is summoning Darkseid and Apokalips
>can't be un-rung
>>
>>81204885
if lex knew darkseid was coming, why would he kill our only line of defense?
>>
>>81203008
>She saw it come out from the ship
Did she? I honestly don't remember her seeing her doing anything between throwing the spear away and then trying to get it again. I know she saw it wrecking shit but I don't remember her actually seeing it come from the ship.
>>
>>81204933
What was most annoying about that scene is that Wonder Woman didn't seem to give a shit. She was still leaving until she saw the shit going down with Doomsday
>>
>>81204288
>>81204320
I bet he was trying to tell Bruce that he was right for believing Superman was good, like he does at the end of the movie. It's just that he came too soon.
>>
>>81204933
While it personally didn't bother me, I totally understand that.
Having Bruce's reaction instead of Diana's, like you said, or maybe even him showing them to her after the funeral would probably flow better.
>>
>>81202917
Yo what the fuck is that video. That would have confused people more than the Flash did. I mean, WE might get what it's about but the GA would never....

>>81202966
If Lex started saying "Ping ping ping" instead of ding I probably would have jizzed. It's such a small detail but I would love it.
>>
>>81205019

He was infected by Anti-Life, his will directly overriden by an entity referred to as a god. Luthor becomes a raving lunatic, a kind of preacher of Anti-Life and Darkseid.

That's right, Eisenberg Luthor is this universe's version of Glorious Godfrey
>>
>>81204948
>Jor-El gives lofty speeches about Superman being a saviour and a beacon of hope for humanity
>Sending his son to Earth is literally the catalyst for the fucking apocalypse
>>
>>81205089
I think the demon looking thing he was communicating with was Glorious Godfrey.
>>
>>81205089
nah fuck that normally I hate not-muh fags but if snyder did that to luthor i swear to god

maybe one of the cut scenes is lex's knightmare and he decides to kill superman based off that?
>>
>>81205089
Nice, I like it
>>
>>81205019
he's an asshole that hates Superman that much.

Maybe he was having similar visions Batman was having from the alternate timeline, and believed Superman was the threat, not Darkseid.

Maybe he figured being able to kill Supes would mean humans would have what they needed to beat Darkseid.
>>
>>81205089

I think it's less that he's Godfrey and more that he just had his worldview and ego completely fucking shattered and he doesn't know what to do now.

He's a broken man, I doubt Darkseid would have much use for him.
>>
>>81204729
would have been nice if they didn't have the time stamp in the corner that showed the bottle floating for literally a second.
>>
>>81205145

With all this talk about Apokalips shit coming to Earth, I want a goddamn Anti-Life cult to show up in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81205048

Everybody was panicking about the ship crash site giving off some weird energy, followed by everybody panicking about some weird ass monster wrecking the city.

It's not too much of a stretch to assume the two crazy phenomena were connected.
>>
>>81205185

Broken men is what Darkseid is all about, though
>>
>>81205166
Lex is under the influence of the anti-life equation
>>
>>81205019
He didn't know Darkseid was coming until he got into the ship, i.e. when he started making Doomsday.

Before then, he just hated Superman and was trying to get Batman to kill him.

After that, he wanted to weaponize Doomsday to stop Darkseid, but had also snapped and didn't realize that was a shitty idea.
>>
>>81205166
Happens if your messenger was thawne
>>
I honestly doubt that he even knew about Darkseid or the New Gods before the communion.

None of his actions make sense otherwise.
But his actions AFTER the scene make perfect sense.

His entire sense of where he is in relation, where Earth is, is fucking wrecked. He knows and is just reduced.
>>
>>81205166
>Maybe he was having similar visions Batman was having from the alternate timeline, and believed Superman was the threat, not Darkseid.

I think it's been stated that the Knightmare happened because of Flash's time travel, like a shockwave preceding his arrival, dragging a bit of the future timeline with him.

Lex doesn't seem to get that knowledge of Apokalips until the Communion scene, which pretty obviously happens at the end of the movie after Doomsday has hatched.
>>
>>81205218
Huh, I didn't notice that. I'll pay attention to that next time I watch it.
>>
>>81202665
Either Kex got a message off screen or from the kryptonians comouter
why would Bruce need to know Barry to get a message from the future?
Prolly cause Lois saw Batman flying back to where she was and put two and two together
>>
I hated how the ship was suddenly in the middle of the city in the end of the movie.

They probably said or showed it before, I don't know, but I don't feel they really established that and suddenly, lightning comes out of it and it's Doomsday!

And they say "luckily the city us empty" even when they show people from Daily Planet in there

One of the little things that bugged me
>>
>>81205274
I completely agree.
He may have been a bit crazy before but he was still in complete control; after he learned whatever the ship taught him, he was completely broken. When talking to Batman in the cell he sounded more afraid of what he was saying then what Batman was threatening to do to him.
>>
>>81205252

That's not until the end of the movie though.

Listen to the speech he gives Superman when he gives his ultimatum about killing Batman. All his talk about "now God kneels to Man" and his self-assuredness goes straight-out the window when Batman visits him in prison next.

He has seen the true face of the God that he believed existed, who is all-powerful, but is not perfectly good, and it has destroyed him.
>>
>>81205377
>I hated how the ship was suddenly in the middle of the city in the end of the movie.

They did say or show that before anon

Black Zero's been sitting where it fell since the last film
>>
>>81204172
But wasn't his bullshit about Devils from before he had access to the ship?
>>
>>81205265
yeah all there needed to be was a line where lex says that he plans to use doomsday, as it is lex just seems retarded for making something that no one can kill, especially when he knows that batman has the worlds only source of kryptonite
>>
>>81205430

Yes, but he's trying to bullshit the Senator in that speech, trying to convince her that Superman is a devil and can't be trusted.
>>
>>81205377
The ship isn't in the middle of the city, it's by the docks, next to Heroes Park and yes, it was shown earlier in the movie I'm pretty sure.

And they didn't say the city was empty, they said the docks were empty, which is why the fight happened there.
>>
>>81205430
He was calling Superman a devil too.
>>
>>81205381
Exactly.
Look at his body language in the Communion scene...he's cowering man.

>>81205430
It's less Lex acknowledging it and more Snyder offering foreshadowing.
Like how that Apokoliptian being looks just like a demon and Superman was already conflating with the Archangel Micheal earlier.
>>
>>81205430

Yeah. Devils come from the sky yadda yadda yadda.

He was smug and self-assured when he said that. It had the ring of something he didn't really believe.

Same when he's playing the theodicy game with Supes. Either God is not all good, or God is not all powerful, etc etc. He doesn't actually believe in the divine yet.

And then he finds out that HOLY SHIT GOD IS REAL AND HE'S NOT GOOD AND HE WANTS TO RUB HIS DICK ALL OVER EARTH.
>>
>>81205422
>>81205455
All right, then I didn't pay enough attention
>>
>First scene is Bruce Wayne as a kid being carried up by a flock of bats
I'm sorry but this is silly, really, really silly. The camera angle for the killing of his parents was great but did Waynes father try and punch the guy? I thought he was benevolent and gave him everything on him.

Does this get any more silly?
>>
Why does this Batman kill?
>>
>>81205442

I thought it was pretty obvious that Lex only went to make Doomsday after Bruce stole the Kryptonite. It was his backup plan.
>>
>>81205505

I think Snyder's going with the "Waynes were assassinated" version of the backstory.
>>
>>81205505

In some parts, yes.

In other parts, no it gets pretty fucking cool.

Just roll with it and appreciate the cool parts as they come.
>>
>>81205529
Yeah, it's pretty simple.
>"I can use Batman"
>"Oh fuck, Batman fucked me over"
>"Need a plan B"
>>
>>81205455
>And they didn't say the city was empty, they said the docks were empty
I'm pretty sure Anderson Cooper awkwardly mentions that a portion of Metropolis is empty because the workday is over.
>>
>>81205517

Because Snyder is a fan of superheroes, so he went with the most iconic, most popular version of Batman, who notoriously killed tons of people.

Keaton Batman
>>
>>81205517

>Criminals are like weeds

He has lost a lot of faith in human nature and just doesn't give a fuck about preserving their lives, just completing his mission.
>>
>>81205595
And if I remember correctly, said portion was the docks.
I could definitely be mistaken though.
>>
>>81205315
only noticed because it was in the webm's, i'd upload it but i didn't save them
>>
File: 1318464541192.jpg (35 KB, 237x237) Image search: [Google]
1318464541192.jpg
35 KB, 237x237
>>81205608
>mfw

>>81205595

Didn't sound that awkward to me. Newscasters always fill space like that when they're reporting on breaking news and waiting for something concrete to come in.
>>
>>81205660
Batman tells Wonder Woman the docks are empty. I think that's what you're thinking of.
>>
>>81205517
>basing your Batman on the non-canon Batman

What a dumbass
>>
>>81205660

No, Bats kited Doomsday to the Gotham docks.

The fight started in downtown Metropolis though, which is what Anderson Cooper's talking about.
>>
>>81205706

Right, but the area that the ship was in was a downtown business area in Metropolist. It isn't until later that the fight gets taken to the docks in Gotham.
>>
>>81204563
> Mexicans
> Generalizing

There are Mexicans who didn't like also SuperMano, ilegal who get the 'American Dream'..
>>
>>81205048
She was on the roof.
It's been established that Metropolis and Gotham are about one lake away from each other. So very visible to see the giant exploding monster chasing a bat flying machine.
>>
>>81205740
Exactly. Anderson Cooper says the business district in Metropolis is empty because the workday is over. And later, when Batman takes Doomsday to the kryptonite spear, he tells Wonder Woman it's okay because the docks are empty.
>>
>>81205782
>It's been established that Metropolis and Gotham are about one lake away from each other.

In modern maps of the DCU, Metropolis is in Delaware, and Gotham is across the Delaware Bay in New Jersey.
>>
>>81205706
>>81205725
I guess I mixed up the two then, sorry about that.
>>
>>81205549
He clearly wasn't.

It's just that complying to protect your family isn't HARDEDGE enough.
>>
>>81202665
Lex asked the ship to tell him everything it knew about our universe a deleted scene called "Communion"showed Lex talking to Steppenwolf, who uses Motherboxes to disappear. I'm assuming the "ding" was a reference to the sound a motherbox makes.
>>
>>81205820
Really?! I had no idea they were so close together! That completely changes the way I perceived those two cities.
>>
>>81205505
I reacted the same way you did.

But instead of complaining about it in my head for 5 minutes, distracting myself and missing parts of the movie, I watched the movie for a few more seconds after that scene and Bruce Wayne narrated that it was just a dream. He didn't actually get carried up by bats. It's just dream symbolism, I liked it.
>>
>>81205849
He's not communicating with Steppenwolf. He's seeing holograms from the ship's archive.

Also, implying that's not Snyder's Darkseid, now with 90% more religious symbolism.
>>
>>81205828
>He clearly wasn't

But Joe Kerr didn't even grab the pearls in this version

He hooked the pearls with the gun so he could shoot Martha in the most dramatic fashion possible
>>
>>81205856
I understand that it's dream symbolism. But it was still a dumb fucking scene.
>>
>>81203577
Holy shit that was kind of spooky. I kinda wish they left that in.
>>
>>81202665
Communicated in the scout ship remains. After the death of Earth's greatest protector, Darkseid advances and makes it known to Luthor.
> How did The Flash travel in time to warn Bruce if he was dreaming and had never heard of Barry before?
Speedforce
Nobody knows
>>
>>81205884
It's Glorious Godfrey with 100% more religious symbolism
>>
>>81205851
>>81205851

It really depends on the writer, but in most "official" maps that show their location, that's where they are.
>>
You guys are missing the most important art of the movie.

Batman had a dream about Man Bat.
>>
>>81205893
Oh, my bad. Some people I talked to genuinely thought that part wasn't supposed to be a dream sequence.
>>
>>81205902

I REALLY wish they left that in.

The movie is an editing mess, but there's some AWESOME ideas and I love the broader implications for the DCU that they're building on for the setting with this.

I just wish there was more context for the dream sequences and Superman wasn't so much of a gloomy mope.
>>
>>81205529
hasn't he already began building doomsday though? i remember the icarus scene being towards the beginning of the movie while batman stole the kryptonite in the second half
>>
File: 1451934644435.jpg (92 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1451934644435.jpg
92 KB, 878x814
>>81204563
> I saw this while watching BvS
You fucking shit stain turn off your phone.
>>
>>81205946
>Bruce literally narrates "That's how the dream goes".
>>
The thing that struck me as odd is that Lex Luthor attracts Superman to the roof of Lexcorp by pushing Lois off, so we know that Superman's senses are acute enough to hear a person screaming from any given location in the city, but he doesn't even try to locate Ma Kent through similar (or any) means.
>>
>>81205981
Not that guy, but at my theatre they played the LEGO Batman trailer before BvS.
>>
>>81205966
>Superman wasn't so much of a gloomy mope.
He's not a clown dude, he's a superhero with a lot on his mind.
>>
>>81206009
I fucking know, dude. I fucking know. And that's not the only thing they missed that was clearly shown in the movie.
>>
>>81206013
Don't think too hard about it, it's the most plothole-ridden aspect of the script.
>>
>>81206040
>he's a superhero with a lot on his mind
Batman is supposed to be the gloomy mope. That's part of what helps him stand apart from all the other superheroes. If everyone's a gloomy mope, then what does Batman bring to the table other than money?
>>
>>81206090
Yeah.
Cool moment though
>>
>>81206040
He's also bland, uninteresting and uncharismatic.

Yeah, yeah, "NOT MUH SUPERMAN", he's a poor protagonist from a scriptwriter's point of view.
>>
Okay seriously the movie makes a big deal of going GOOD THING THERE'S NO CIVILLIANS IN THIS COMPLETELY ABANDONED PART OF THE CITY during the last act but did I hallucinate the completely random civvie driving a gas truck fucking exploding in a car crash caused by the batmobile's chase
>>
File: 1400127537051.jpg (15 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1400127537051.jpg
15 KB, 450x338
A big problem I have with the Snyder-verse is that he keeps trying to set up these big emotional moments in the films without doing much of anything to earn them. MOS had this problem where we are expected to feel like killing Zod is a huge deal for Supes when the film doesn't do anything to suggest that he is a guy who would have a problem with killing an enemy who otherwise could not be stopped from slaughtering innocents. It doesn't help that Superman is yucking it up with Lois in the rubble immediately afterwards.

Same thing with the death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday, which should be a huge defining moment of the series. Instead it's thrown in at the end of a bloated film that Doomsday doesn't even appear in until ten minutes prior, and just ends up feeling tacked on as a way to set up the main characters for the next movie. And again it doesn't help that the death is completely no-sold a few minutes later.

So now we're just supposed to accept that mega-9/11-PTSD Batman who has been spending the last few years torturing, branding, and straight up murdering countless people is totally redeemed because uh... Superman gave him a stern talking to and he helped save an old lady? That a lunatic whose never had to answer for his numerous violent crimes is the perfect candidate for leading the Justice League?

It's like Snyder is taking scenes from comics he thinks are cool and cramming as many into his films as possible, but he's either too lazy or too inept to set them up properly beyond making them look real pretty.
>>
>>81205328
He was dreaming, the flash cannot get into people's dreams.
>>
1. Learning shit in the krypton ship
2. Why would Flash need someone to know him to be able to travel back in time
3. She just assumes that if it can kill supes it can kill anything
>>
Why did the Kryptonian ship allow some random asshole to take complete control?
Why did Luthor think that killing a benevolent powerful alien with a feral, more powerful alien would work out in the end?
Why do the police work with Batman if he kills people?
Why is Batman so evil?
Why doesn't Superman just toss the spear to Wonder Woman so she can kill Doomsday with it?
Why does everyone keep attacking Doomsday after they find out it just makes him stronger?
>>
>>81206148
>It's like Snyder is taking scenes from comics he thinks are cool and cramming as many into his films as possible, but he's either too lazy or too inept to set them up properly beyond making them look real pretty.
Yes. That's what he does: he creates scenes, then he tries to come up with some kind of half-assed story to string them together. Sucker Punch is the most egregious example.
>>
>Snyder criticizes Marvel for avoiding casualties in their finales

>Cooks up a finale where not a single soul dies other than Superman, and has four people comment on every battlefield being empty over 5 times.

Bravo, Zack. Such integrity to your vision.
>>
>>81206217
>Why do the police work with Batman if he kills people?
Well, it IS Gotham. That city seems like it would kill anyone's sense of hope and moral compass.
>>
>>81206148
Snyder's problem is that he wants the payoff without the setup. He wants to show Superman brooding and struggling with the weight of the world on his shoulders, but we don't see any moments of levity to contrast it. He wants to show Batman being redeemed and being responsible, but he's not actually interested in showing the transition, he just wants to jump right to it.
>>
>>81206217
That's a plot hole. Particularly because Kryptonians in MAN OF STEEL had their own language, yet Lex communicated with the ship in English.

Because DUDE ATHEISM LMAO

They technically don't. Plausible deniability.

Because this is the Edgefest, and the only smiles are those of sharks before they eat their prey.

Pressing time, apparently.

Self-defense.
>>
>>81205967

No, I just watched the camrip. He only turns Zod into Doomsday after Bruce steals the Kryptonite.

The scene where he first accesses the archive is supposed to happen the same time as when he first gets access to the ship, since he has the some clothes on then though.
>>
>Man of Steel has lots of Jesus references
>Superman is repeatedly compared to God in BvS
>BvS officially releases on Good Friday
>Superman dies
POETRY
>>
>Lex literally assumed Doomsday wouldn't kill him because they shared blood

How can the smartest man alive be such a dumbass?
>>
>>81206391
oh I see, that makes sense then. i'm probably confusing the scene where he accesses the archive for the scene where he makes zod doomsday
>>
>>81206217
>Why doesn't Superman just toss the spear to Wonder Woman so she can kill Doomsday with it?
Logically, there's no good reason. It's done for thematic reasons. It's a callback to Batman saying Superman isn't brave, "Only men are brave." because Superman's invulnerable. By using the spear himself, he's proving he's brave.
>>
>>81203881
His father's dead
>>
>>81206140
Only if the scriptwriter is shit. Mario Puzo seemed to do just fine with him.

Then again I'm talking about the guy who wrote the fucking Godfather.
>>
>>81206452

Yeah that confused me when I went back and rewatched it and paid attention to his outfit each time.
>>
>Why did the Kryptonian ship allow some random asshole to take complete control?
It was in some reboot mode. Whether because it's previous master (Zod) died or because of damage, the "administrator privileges" were reset. This allowed Lex to just start anew as the new administrator.

>Why did Luthor think that killing a benevolent powerful alien with a feral, more powerful alien would work out in the end?
That's the thing, he probably wasn't thinking that far ahead in terms of consequences. The entire movie he was gradually descending from snarky CEO guy to insane mad scientist Lex Luthor. He just wanted Superman dead, plain and simple.

>Why do the police work with Batman if he kills people?
There's evidence that suggests Batman only started killing people in BvS. Suicide Squad takes place after BvS, and the squad members and Joker are still alive. Why would they be locked up if Batman was already a killer? Also, a prequel comic tie-in established that Batman doesn't kill, but has gotten more brutal ever since Superman showed up.

>Why is Batman so evil?
He's not

>Why doesn't Superman just toss the spear to Wonder Woman so she can kill Doomsday with it?
Because Wonder Woman had her hands tied lassoing up Doomsday, preventing him from moving. Superman was barely recovering from retrieving the spear, so he made the split second decision to attack while Doomsday was temporarily subdued by Wonder Woman.

>Why does everyone keep attacking Doomsday after they find out it just makes him stronger?
They kinda did. Batman was hiding, Wonder Woman decided to stop slicing off limbs and just tie Doomsday up, and Superman ended it with the spear with the help of Batman's krypto-gas.
>>
>>81206148
>torturing, branding, and straight up murdering countless people
They literally say that only two people have been branded in the film, its right after that scene m8, and as for torture and murder, there's no evidence in the film that he's tortured anybody past the usual beating the shit out of them except for when Alfred mentions he's interrogated six people pursuing the white portuguese.
As for being redeemed, nobody and nothing hinted that he's redeemed for the shit he did. Its just that Bats and Wondy are pushing all of their own shit aside to form the justice league to prepare for whatever shit might be going down in the near future.
Besides, who the fuck else is going to lead it?
Superman's dead and wonder woman wanted to fuck off back to being a high-class drifter until Bruce proposed tracking down metahumans to form a league.
>>
File: mfw no right to arms.jpg (102 KB, 1028x727) Image search: [Google]
mfw no right to arms.jpg
102 KB, 1028x727
>>81202665
1- Shit writing.
2- Shit writing.
3- lemmethinkamomentShit writing.
>>
>>81203902
No one in this universe really knows what he looks like. If he's thay close to you you've either pissed him off and get rekt or you're military and died in MoS or decided to keep everything you know about him secret like Swanwick.
>>
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Flash-Cameo-From-Batman-V-Superman-Addressed-Future-DC-Film-121107.html
>>
>>81203137
I like to think it was the Speed Force communicating with Bruce.
>>
I still don't get the Flash scene, how can he have given Bruce the message if Bruce was still dreaming?
>>
>>81206686

Yeah that was my impression too.
>>
>>81206696
Have you watched the Flash tv show? Bruce's dream was like one of Vibe's visions. Flash time traveling created ripples that affected some people.
>>
>>81206696

Really? Not understanding the importance of dreams and messages in classic myth and other stories?

Also see >>81203137
>>
>>81204948

I thought the activation of the mother box is what pings him.
>>
>>81206217
Lex used Zod's fingerprints to gain access and thus presumably fooled the ship AI well enough to be granted control since he's the first person to be in there since it went down.
Presumably he's learned of Darkseid from the ship computer and basically doesn't give a fuck anymore since he sees impending doom and wants to get the last laugh on superman, whom he doesn't see as benevolent anyway. Its not about what Superman does, its about what he is- an uncontrollable superhuman with the ability to fuck over the earth if he gets in the mood for it. How did you not pick up on this?
I just got through watching the film for the first time like 30 minutes ago and I didn't really see anything implying bats was working with the gotham police.
Why do you consider beating the shit out of criminals evil? Hell everyone being tense over superman is understandable.
Because Wondy is clearly holding him in place for a clean killshot.
Would you rather have a rampaging monster be left alone unmolested to rampage across the city and tristate area instead of occupying it in one place?
>>
>>81203137
If you look at the transition from this scene papers are still flying around in his office when he wakes up from the time travel effect
>>
>>81206809
>>81206835
Makes sense to me now, cheers guys.
>>
Why is there a monument built to Superman when it seems like most everyone doesn't like him or at least feels mixed about him?
Why does Lex Luthor want to kill and/or discredit Superman?
Why does Lex Luthor create Doomsday if he planned for Batman to kill Superman?
Alternatively, why does Lex Luthor create Doomsday if he planned for Superman to kill Batman and thus no longer be viewed as a hero?
Why does the mixing of a dead Kryptonian and human blood create Doomsday?
Why does the Kryptonian ship accept Lex as its master and obey his every order?
Why does Lex skin Zod's fingers when he was bringing Zod with him into the ship anyway? Just lift his hand on to the control panel. Alternatively, just cut his whole hand off.
Why does everyone blame Superman for the incident in Africa? Surely if the CIA's operation had been successful the end result would have been similar.
How are any of Batman's rogues still alive if he kills in this universe?
Why was Wonder Woman at Lex's party? She didn't have the technology or ability to hack Lex's servers.
Why is Perry White so interested in the local football team?
How does Lex know that this is the night Batman plans to fight Superman? How did he know to kidnap Lois and Martha on that specific night?
Why does Superman stop the batmobile but let the bad guys Bruce was chasing get away?
How can Superman know the instant Lois Lane is in danger but still can't find his mother somewhere in the city?
Why did Lois throw the spear in the water in the first place?
Why did Batman think luring Doomsday back into the city was a good idea? Why not just go get the spear and then bring it back to the completely uninhabited area to stab Doomsday?
How did the nuke fly right up into Superman and Doomsday? I get there is some form of targeting system, but if they had just moved like 10 feet to either side it would have missed.
Why did Batman make a spear instead of bullets...or any other less archaic weapon?
(cont...)
>>
File: 1455486578771.png (732 KB, 659x497) Image search: [Google]
1455486578771.png
732 KB, 659x497
>>81206564
This sounds like BvS is just going to be a better film in time as the DCEU expands.
>>
>>81206935
What is love?
>>
>>81202665
>How did Lex know Darkseid was coming?
GOD FUCK YOU STUPID DUMB MARVEL KEKS THERE IS A WHOLE SCENE JUST FOR THE PURPOSE OF EXPLAINING THAT SHIT

THE SHIP LITERALLY TELLS LEX THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE AND INFORMATION ABOUT 10K PLANETS
>>
Why not give wonder woman the spear and Superman the lasso?
>>
>>81207048
See
>>81206459
>>
>>81207040
You did it

You took the bait

He rung the bell and you came for it

Ding ding dong

Ding ding dong dong ding dong

Ding dong
>>
>>81206935
Literally all of them are explained in the movie or just fucking common sense
>>
File: 2fRD6PZ.png (205 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
2fRD6PZ.png
205 KB, 500x333
>Flash can travel through time because he's faster than the speed of light
>"Eh sure, fuck it, it is a super hero movie after all."
>Flash can travel through time and into dreams
>"Wait hold on-"
>the only reason he went back in back in time is to justify Lois as a forced love interest
>mfw
One of the many MANY things that irked me with MoS is Lois Lane getting shoehorned into every fucking scene for no fucking reason aside from "she's the love interest".
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE DC UNIVERSE, GET RID OF LANE. SHE SERVES NO FUCKING PURPOSE.
NOBODY LIKES THE CLICHE, FORCED LOVE SUBPLOT. IT HAS NEVER ADDED ANYTHING TO A FUCKING ACTION MOVIE.
>>
>>81205849

The "ding" is a reference to the metaphor he uses immediately before:

"The bell has been rung, it cannot be unrung. He's coming and he's hungry."
>>
>>81202917
Just realized something. Didn't have time to scroll down, so sorry if it was already pointed out.

That being is in a Kryptonian ship, it is made up of the tiny orbs that is the foundation of all Kryptonian tech we saw in MoS, and he has 3 orbs, two of which are higher up than the third.

Also when he vanishes, he doesn't "Go someplace" like a god would, he simply dissipates back into the ship.

Brainiac sounds like it is a very big possibility.
>>
>>81206935
>I have no ability to think for myself
>>
I haven't played Injustice or read the series.

Do people actually like that story? Do people actually like Superman turning evil after Lois Lane death?

Also is it a better story than BvS?
>>
File: as.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>81207048
Why not give Thor's Hammer to Captain America & Captain America's shield to Thor?
>>
File: C R I N G E.jpg (178 KB, 1275x835) Image search: [Google]
C R I N G E.jpg
178 KB, 1275x835
Forget BvS

Arsenal v Red Hood: CRINGEhaven
https://youtu.be/dvNki7K1gaU
>>
>>81202665
Yeah that confused the fuck out of me.
>>
>>81207118
>literally all of them

Okay no, fuck off, a lot of this is nitpicking but one of you seriously needs to explain at what point of the movie it was explained why Batman needed to build a big archaic fucking spear instead of just making bormal bullets for the gun he already uses in the fight
>>
>>81207139
>Lois x Clark
>Forced

For every one of you complaining about it being in the story, there would be a hundred complaining if it wasn't. It's an iconic romance.
>>
>>81207235
Spear is cooler
>>
>>81207170
it's a better story than BvS because it's a story, not a theoretically interconnected series of scenes which were clearly written like so: "Okay, so here's something that will look really badass. Now how do we fit that into the story"
>>
>go into this movie expecting the worst
>it's actually the worst

Goddamn.

I had read through a bunch of the reviews, but I honestly didn't think the spear thing would irk me so much. Like, when I saw Batman throw it away, it made sense......but why show Lois throwing it in the water, just to set up a plot device where she gets trapped?

So stupid. And you just KNOW that Snyder had his hands all over it and didn't even give a shit if it made sense or not.
>>
>>81207235
Jesus is killed with a spear. It's more of that religious imagery bullshit.
>>
>>81207268
It's not that it's in the story, it's how it is in the story.
>>
>>81207235
Because you have to kill god with a spear or something so we can have feels. FEELS!
>>
>>81207217
The general idea is that Lois being on a roof and seeing Batman back to the place where the spear is
She out two and two together because she isn't retarded.
>>
>>81207360
What?
>>
>>81207268
Batman's no-kill policy is iconic.
Superman fighting for truth, justice and the American way is iconic.
But hey, look what happened to that.
>>
>>81207360
>because she isn't retarded
That's not ENTIRELY true. She did throw the spear into a random pit of water.
>>
If Bruce mace Kryptonite bullets he would be breaking apart the Kryptonite into smaller pieces. He shoots and maybe he misses, maybe he doesn't.

And as you saw small amounts of Kryptonite aren't deadly. Just painful and weakening. A large chunk shoved into his heart would be deadly.
>>
He told the shit to teach him everything the ship knew. That included what's to come. The bells thing is like when bells are rung to alarm that something is coming. In this case New Gods, most likely Darkseid.
"How can it be Darkseid anon?" Just an assumption due to Lex mentioning that "he" knew of Superman's death from across the cosmos, and that "he was hungry".
(Deleted scene makes it lean towards New Gods)

My theory is that Flash was wearing some type of tech to reach to Batman. Since Batman didn't kill Superman or allow his mom to die, then most likely the Injustice storyline makes it where it is now from a different dimension.

How did Lois know the Trinity would need the Kryptospear? Because up til then she had only seen Zod and Superman use heat vision, so she only hauled ass after she saw Doomsday use his heat vision. That and she when was there when Batman held Superman down with Kryptonite, so she just added it all up and went to get it.
>>
>>81207360
go back*
put*

Fucking tiny phone keyboard
>>
>>81204172
>>81204223
It wasn't New Gods, it was brainiac. All the signs point to it being him and not a New God.

In a kryptonian ship, made completely of those metal spheres that make up kryptonian technology, doesn't leave through a boomtube and instead just dissipates into the surrounding ship, has 3 cubes that float in the brainiac pattern.
>>
>>81207191

No one knows Cap can use the hammer yet.

Cap is clearly the best at using the shield, have you SEEN what he does with it?

Better question is why doesn't Iron Man upgrade Black Widow and Hawkeye with better gear?
>>
>>81207448
ship*
>>
>>81207300
That was never in the gospels.
>>
>>81206875
>Its not about what Superman does, its about what he is- an uncontrollable superhuman with the ability to fuck over the earth if he gets in the mood for it.
But how is an uncontrollable supermonster with an even greater ability to fuck over the earth and a much more violent nature in any way better?

The Bat Signal exists, so who else would be using it but the cops? I'll accept that HUD only recently started killing people, though, like the other anon said.

Beating up criminals isn't evil, but trying to kill an innocent man just because he's potentially dangerous (Admittedly, it's quite a big potential) and killing people for something as minor as smuggling in an illegal substance is pretty terrible.

Yeah, I guess he was taking advantage of WW having him tied up, but she was doing a good job of fighting him beforehand, you'd think she'd make short work of him with the spear.

You can lure him away from people without hitting him hard enough to make him stronger. They should have been hitting him lightly, hitting near him, or just drawing attention to themselves to keep him from running too far. He seemed to go after whoever was near him, so he probably wouldn't start running away.
>>
If you see any plot points, select one of the following:
> It will be explained in a future movie
> It will be explained in a scene in a director's cut
> You need to read more comics to get it
> Shut up Marvel drone, you just hate DC
>>
>>81207191

Not that guy but that's a stupid question; Thor is the only person so far (other than Vision) who has shown ti be worthy enough to lift Mjolnir. They couldn't trade weapons even if they wanted to.

Superman literally died for no reason. He made it a suicide mission when it didn't need to be one.
>>
>>81207436
At a time when as far as she knew, the spear was the only item that could actually kill the man she loved. If some guy shot your wife, and you ran up and stopped him before seeing the gun, would you think
>gee maybe this gun will be useful for killing someone similar yet different to my wife, better hang on to it
?
>>
>>81207560
*plot hole
>>
>>81207436
Well if a rock could poison and kill your boyfriend, wouldn't you throw that shit where it couldn't hurt him, too?
>>
>>81207536
>HUD
*he
>>
The flash cannot travel into dreams, what the fuck are some of you talking about?
>>
>>81207300

For the 40th time, Jesus was not killed with a spear. The soldiers were going to stab him and break his legs to quicken his death, but he had already died by the time they pierced him.
>>
>>81207560
I think this movie would be redeemed if the follow ups do great, but that's what people said about MoS. I'm being fair, but cautious.
>>
>>81207300
>Jesus is killed with a spear. It's more of that religious imagery bullshit.

No you fucking idiot, he was killed by crucifixion.

The spear was used by a Roman centurion to make sure he was dead before they brought him down from the cross.
>>
>>81202795
> Deleted scene shows he was using the kryptonian ship to communicate with aliens

How do you know that, anon?
>>
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?
>>
>>81207564
But we're just going to assume that
>Superman knows how to use a lasso
>Wonder Woman can ram a spear into Doomsday at supersonic speeds
>>
>>81207235
You want a real explanation? All it boils down to is symbolism.
The spear is a throwback to the Longinus Spear because Superman is fucking jesus. Snyder wanted to throw in some more hamfisted imagery and Batman also has a sense of symbolism in his deliberate actions- for fucks sake he chooses to take on superman in 1v1 combat.
Its about man triumphing over a false god for Bruce.
Doesn't make it any less sophomoric but theres your answer.
>>
>>81207638
>The flash cannot travel into dreams

Speedforce, motherfucker.
>>
>>81202665
1. knowledge from the ship. Also, he never really mentioned darkseid.

2. we don't know what happened yet, or even if it is not just a weird dream.

3. i thought that was weird too. Any way i think that entire part was unnecessary.
>>
>>81207671
That lasso is supposedly based on magic. Only Diana could probably wield it
>>
>>81207660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>81206935
Why didn't Superman clean up or at least investigate the crashed world engine in the Indian ocean? He just left the wreckage there for years?
Why is Lex Luthor equipping his soldiers with experimental bullets that can be traced back to him? If he had just given them regular guns with regular bullets Lois never would have been able to trace them back to Lex.
Why does Clark Kent follow Bruce Wayne into Lex's basement? Surely he can just use his x-ray vision to watch where he goes.
Why does Superman fight Batman at all? Why not lead with the information that Lex has manipulated the both of them into this situation? I understand that he kind of tries...but only for like one second before he just begins fighting.
Why doesn't Superman give the spear to Wonder Woman and let her kill Doomsday? He's weakened just by holding it.
Why were Bruce and Diana later at another anonymous party or event? Does Diana just like exhibits featuring ancient weapons? Did Bruce tale her there?
Why does Lex Luthor actually have designed logos for each metahuman? Is he marketing them as superheroes?
Why was Lex Luthor's head shaved bald in prison? Does that prison have a strict "no hair allowed" policy?
Why does a bombing of the U.S. senate turn the public against Superman when they all know it was a suicide bomber?
Why did the Wayne executives need Bruce Wayne to call and tell them to evacuate the building? They couldn't tell that they were in danger before that?
How did Lex get a working knowledge of the Kryptonian matrix so quickly? I guess he's just a genius.
What does Lex's company even do?
Why does the Senator disagree with Lex's (completely reasonable) opinion that we need something capable of stopping Superman when she herself is clearly opposed to Supes' actions?
>>
You know, this deleted scene is just proof of how shit the editing was in this film. Not saying we were low on fucking sequel bait but they cut that yet leave in Pa Kent dream? And before I get crap for that, Martha could have easily told that story. Also scenes just fucking end and start, no fluidity, barely any establishing shots, damn
>>
>>81202917

Why the fuck was that cut? That would have answered a whole bunch of plotholes and why Lex lost his fucking mind
>>
>>81207662
I've read some snippets of the SUICIDE SQUAD script. They're going for the "Maybe Batman is secretly enemy-gay for the Joker!" angle.

Joker dialogue was pretty tryhard, too.
>>
>>81207421
>Batman's no-kill policy is iconic.
Certainly not in any movie portrayal.

>Superman fighting for truth, justice and the American way is iconic.
Which is exactly what he does in BvS.
>>
>>81207300

Jesus was poked in the side by the spear to see if he was dead. water came out of his side; he was already dead
>>
>>81207169
literally all of these questions come from me thinking for myself and refusing to accept the movie's stupid logic.
>>
>>81207749
>yfw it was done to get the 3h version more hype
>>
>>81207671

Except:

1. Superman was raised ON A FARM. You think he doesn't know how to tie something down?

2. Wonder Woman clearly states that she's killed things from other worlds before, and is shown performing feats of strength and leaping long distances. I'm pretty sure she can stab someone in the heart.
>>
>deleted scene that maybe shouldn't have been deleted
>Future Flash knows bruce duh
>Snyder's shit writing, probably would be brought up in a deleted scene
>>
>>81207768
Because the editing in this film is fucking awful. Everything thrown at the wall and seeing what sticks. I swear its the same asshole who edited that one doomsday trailer, because somebody at WB doesnt know whats important and what isnt
>>
>>81207564
It's the same principle. It's just a dumb lasso in anyone's hands but Wondy's and the like.
>>
>>81207853
>Wonder Woman, give me you lasso

>What? Where did you train?

>*looks at the camera* on a farm
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.