[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Batman v Superman was a presentation for the new Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13
File: image-7.jpg (156 KB, 932x842) Image search: [Google]
image-7.jpg
156 KB, 932x842
Since Batman v Superman was a presentation for the new Batman what do you think about him /co/ ? What we should do with him in his future movies to come? I hope for an announcement in the next comic con or somethimg, he was one of the good things of the film
>>
The Batman: Under the Red Hood
>Villain(s)
Red Hood + Joker + Harley + Poison Ivy + Mr. Freeze + Man Bat + The Riddler
>Plot
While off constructing the Justice League, a renewed crimewave hits the streets of Gotham. Previously brokered alliances between gangs and city officials are torn apart as key figures turn up dead. Batman must navigate the underworld he spent 20 years putting fear into to find what is causing this chaos. Re-teamed with his estranged ward, and enraged by the arranged breakout of Arkham Asylum, Batman must ultimately come face to face with his own legacy. Familiar faces from Bruce Wayne's past reveal themselves as the conspiracy behind the Red Hood delves deeper into the annals of Gotham City then he could have ever imagined.
Jason Todd, former Robin, is Red Hood. He kills Mr. Freeze and Man-Bat, but is stopped from killing the Joker. Was revived by Court of Owls. Batman kills Jason.

The Batman: Court of Owls
>Villain(s)
The Court + The Talons + Penguin + Clayface + Two-Face + Scarecrow + Hush
>Plot
Shocking revelations from the previous film trigger an identity crisis for Bruce Wayne. The futility of his crusade is magnified to new heights as the full underbelly of corruption in Gotham City is revealed to him, a history that involves his own bloodline. Targeted as Bruce Wayne and hunted as Batman, he and his unlikely criminal allies must halt the centuries-old machinations of the mysterious Court of Owls before they consume Gotham City.
Batman infiltrates the Court with Clayface's help. His friend Tommy Elliot betrays him. Nightwing is captured.
>>
>>81199864
>Red Hood + Joker + Harley + Poison Ivy + Mr. Freeze + Man Bat + The Riddler
>The Court + The Talons + Penguin + Clayface + Two-Face + Scarecrow + Hush
Jesus Christ are you fucking insane?
>>
>>81199864
The Batman: No Man's Land
>Villain(s)
The Court + The Talons + Joker + Owlman
>Plot
A quarantined decimated Gotham City must be cleansed by the righteous fury of the Batman. The evil cult's plan comes to fruition as they prepare to bring forth an apocalyptic being from another world. The Court of Owls is lead by Bruce Wayne's brother, from an alternate dimension, the spitting image of their father- having enslaved the abilities of heroes from his world in order to come here centuries ago. Batman must defeat Owlman and restore the Wayne legacy.
>>
>>81199729
>>81199864
>Everyone thinking they'll adapt Court of Owls
They'll adapt something like Hush and you damn well know they will
>>
>>81199905
main villain + cameos

this aint villain of the week shit, everyhtings established already
>>
File: 15844730.gif (624 KB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
15844730.gif
624 KB, 245x187
>>81199864
>>Villain(s)
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 963x680) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 963x680
Supes got cucked out of his own movie. This is what the theater had as the title card so all night people we're saying "yeah, I want a ticket for Batman 3D."
>>
If Snyder isn't directing, I'll go see it
>>
File: 18k7x7pvi8u20jpg.jpg (35 KB, 254x400) Image search: [Google]
18k7x7pvi8u20jpg.jpg
35 KB, 254x400
>>81199864
>Seventy Fucktillian villains
>Thinking this is a good idea
>>
>>81199864
>He kills Mr. Freeze and Man-Bat
Killing Freeze really? I can get Man-Bat, but Freeze? Fuck that.
>>
File: file.jpg (35 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
35 KB, 600x367
>>81199864
>>Villain(s)
>>81200083
>main villain + cameos
>this aint villain of the week shit, everyhtings established already

>wanting ANOTHER Batman v. Superman disaster
>>
File: Cant Wake Up.jpg (36 KB, 794x551) Image search: [Google]
Cant Wake Up.jpg
36 KB, 794x551
>>81199864
>The Court + The Talons + Penguin + Clayface + Two-Face + Scarecrow + Hush
>>
>>81200273
>implying thats why the movie was shit
>>
Anyone else think they made Affleck look so old in BvS so they can do a prequel solo Batfilm?
>>
Most cape movies struggle with more than a single villain. Having 5+ will just turn it into literal shit.

Movies aren't long and need to be focused. You shouldn't really go beyond one villain unless it's something like Two Face's role in TDK.
>>
Best Batman. As a Burton Babby, Keaton will always have a place in my heart, but the Batman we saw in this (actually really good, I think a lot of the hate is just meme at this point) movie is everything I feel he should be. including using lethal force on violent criminals.
>>
>>81199864
>>>81199905 >>81199906 >>81200030 >>81200088 >>81200158 >>81200244 >>81200273 >>81200456
stop memeing my post you fucks

Let me explain it for you mouthbreathers

Red Hood starts killing people on rampage
Kills Man Bat and Mr Freeze in Arkham because fuck em 1 note characters
Joker and Harley on his hit list
Poison Ivy saves Harley while Joker gets caught by Red Hood
Batman goes to Riddler to help find Red Hood
there
now in next one
Penguin is targeted by Court of Owls to kill, Two-Face back when he was Harvey Dent encountered them too and was being groomed to join, Hush is secret Talon, Scarecrow is enslaved by Court and they enchance his fear toxin for psycho shit. Clayface and Penguin help Batman

Its making rogues gallery into characters, not just vllains of the weeks

STOP MEMEING MY IDEAS
>>
File: wistfulBatman.jpg (57 KB, 591x510) Image search: [Google]
wistfulBatman.jpg
57 KB, 591x510
>>81203270
Well, you certainly made this sound like a better idea. It definitely does not sound even fucking worse than it did at first!
>>
File: remove kebab.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
remove kebab.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>81199729
REMOVE SNYDER FROM PREMISES
>>
File: phantom5markr.jpg (115 KB, 300x396) Image search: [Google]
phantom5markr.jpg
115 KB, 300x396
Batman was on point. I liked how they went darker and gave him a Bat-Brand. Batman is obviously a Phantom fanboy.
>>
>>81200098
http://youtu.be/F671E3-7A0s
>>
>>81199729
He was pretty based outside all the murdering. Suit made him look fat sometimes though.
>>
>>81199864
HAHAHAHA. Kill yourself
>>
I don't want to see more stuff in this universe.

Batfleck was ok but even he was affected by terribleness of that universe.

I just don't want more stuff from this world.
>>
anyone up for a Joker killing Robin prequel?
>>
>>81200098

It was funny when I saw it today; those stupid little plastic statues they put on top of cheap cups? They were ALL Superman. I actually asked if they had any of Batman; and got a sigh and quiet yes, they had managed to 'find some more'.

At first it seemed like they were pushing Superman ones. Turns out they just had far too many left, as everyone wanted Batman.

I asked if they had any Wonder Woman, to go with my Batman. They never made any of her. The bastards.
>>
Base it on the Arkham Asylum game, do it like Dredd or The Raid
>>
>>81202248
>>81199729
It's supposed to be a continuation of the 90's batman movies guys just google it.
>>
>>81199729
I for one look forward to Man of Bat.
>>
>>81203482
I thought it was a Mark of Zorro reference
>>
>>81205172
The one that had the Joker fall to his death from one of the tallest buildings in Gotham? How does that work with the Jared Leto Joker?
>>
>>81205688
no idea is suicide squad even related?
>>
>>81199729
>What we should do with him in his future movies to come?
What WB SHOULD do is make a solo Affleck Batman with the Court of Owls. Zombie Assasins is perfect for a dark brutal Batman to go all out on.

What WB will probably do is use either Joker and/or Jason Todd. MAYBE Deadshot and Harley is SS is successful.

What I WANT WB to to do us use Clayface. Make him big.
>>
>>81206175
It has Batfleck doing a cameo in it.
>>
File: 1442949092102.gif (309 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1442949092102.gif
309 KB, 720x480
>>81199864
>>81199906
>>81203270
This nigga knows whats up. The only problem that BvS had was that they didn't more villains forced in. I say we go even further.

Busy Day for Batman
>the villans
Zsasz, Calendar Man, Scarecrow, Kind Tut, Egghead, Mad Hatter, Skelitor, Clock King, Black Manta, Killer Frost, Firefly, Hank Hill, Ra's al Ghul, Babydoll, an evil clone of Bruce Wayne, Killer Croc, Joe Chill, the entire Justice Lords team, Humpty Dumbty, Bat-mite, and Adolf Hitler

>plot
Something something 2 hour punchfest and batdicking marathon.
>>
There was that one fight scene that looked straight out of an Arkham Asylum game

That part was okay I guess
>>
>>81199729
I think we should wait until Affleck's wife and kids have moved out and burn his fucking house down for inflicting this on us

last cocking week they were proudly crowing about how he re-wrote scenes himself - because apparently Terrio was just for blowjobs - and yet here we are, critical disaster like so many of the movies he's been involved in in this capacity and everybody's trying to make out he's the sweetcorn in the turd

fuck that guy

his chance to play Batman was 1997 or 2005, if he didn't get them so what? why should we suffer through his mid-life crisis for the next decade?
>>
>>81208237

Are you kidding? This has to be bait. He was the best thing about the movie, and it was a pretty good movie in my opinion.
>>
I really just can't understand the decision to make bats kill. Not that I'd say it wasn't justified: it just seems like a big part of his character that was intentionally left out because it's "uncool" to not kill people nowadays. I could see that Batman's decision to not brand Luthor at the end of the movie as a sign that Supes inspired him to change his outlook. Like he started off optimistic, but over the course of 20 years in Gotham, his optimism turned into cynicism, & he slowly started to disregard the lives of criminals. But after seeing his outlook & paranoia affect his judgment of Superman, he adopts a no-kill code or something. However, even if there's any truth to that, it was pretty unclear. I just wish they would've gone the rubber bullets & nonlethal weapons route from the start. It's too easy to have batman just kill everyone. I think it speaks to his character that he could just kill all of these bad guys, but goes out of his way to find alternatives unless there are no other options. I feel like the scene where he shoots KGBeast would've been much more powerful had Batman not been already killing dudes throughout the whole movie.
>>
>>81209501
Batman is a fucking idiot in this movie, how on earth is he the "best thing" about it? He's an incompetent bumbler like everyone else in the movie
>>
>>81199729
great costume, Affleck turns in a good performance, but BvS has ruined him storywise. Every time there's a villain on screen now, people will ask "why didn't batman just shoot and kill them like KGBeast and all his henchmen?"
>>
>>81209737

Not really, he just doesn't have meta-knowledge, and is both bitter, afraid, and angry at Superman. I felt for his motives from the moment we saw what he did at ground zero. He certainly knew Lex was up to something. And it wasn't like Supes wasn't actually willing to kill him in return or all that invested in getting his help; he literally says in the same sentence as needing his help that he might have to kill him and nothings stays good.

What did you find especially stupid?

Plus, as you note, the dialog and mental states are set to default capeshit all around. I'm not going to single him out for anything like that. It flowed better than the 'banter-banter-whedonism-banter-dramaticspeech' I've grown used to in the Marvel entries.

His build was right. His suit was right. The electronic voice was a nice touch. Using lethal force, while not going out of his way to kill, fits a less idealistic portrayal of the character. His Bruce was fun. His Batman was fucking terrifying at times, and yet relatably human when barely surviving Doomsday.

Sorry man, I just really liked the film. Loved the atmosphere. Liked the characters; it's the first time since the 70s/80s I've cared for Superman even a little, and looked at Wonder Woman as a character rather than a set of nicely drawn breasts. Doomsday oozed raw and terrifying power.
>>
>>81204039
No I read the comic and watched Red Hood and played Arkham Knight

Please WB I can't take seeing poor Jason get beaten to death anymore
>>
>>81205612
Little of both I'd guess. Batman hasn't been this pulpy since First Wave.
>>
>>81210214
>Plus, as you note, the dialog and mental states are set to default capeshit all around.

Marvel doesn't make all of its characters into complete idiots solely for moving the plot along

That's something shitty movies do
>>
>>81209628
you do realize that Bat's has been killing people for for the past several movies, right? and even so, the only person he actively and consciously killed in this movie was KGBeast. You could argue that everyone else in the cars and the neckbreaking fistfights survived with serious injuries, since we never see any bodies.

>>81210214
>What did you find especially stupid?
Not him, but I felt like the movie totally fell apart in the final boss fight. Bats totally forgets about the spear (even though that was his explicitly stated plan), and spent the time jerking off to WW instead. WW's intro and fight scenes felt like a rejected scene from 300, and didn't really fit stylistically. Louis magically knows to retrieve the spear, just so we can get YET ANOTHER scene of Supes saving Louis. It just really went to shit at the end. I did enjoy the rest of the movie well enough tho.
>>
>>81205172
No it fucking isn't you liar
>>
>>81210214
superman is worse than underdeveloped, its like the writers dont know what to do with him. he saves whoever infrequently, and he's never happy when he saves people. you can chalk that up as being something "deep". that isnt really explored. he just makes grimacing faces and seems to only care about lois lane. and hes a hypocrite for hating batmans vigilanteism when he has his own flaws. no thought is put into superman as a character. a half assed Dr Manhattan thats just there for Snyder to point out "HES JESUS". Batman was cool though, but still flawed
>>
Had no personality at all and was among the worst iterations of Batman shown yet.
>>
>>81210214
I agree too an extent. I mostly enjoyed the movie. My main gripe was Batman killing people, (KGBeast being the exception for 2 reasons: 1, it makes sense in a movie where Batman isn't killing people all the time, & 2, we got that badass, "I believe you", line from TDKR). I also wish that Bats would have been just a tad more active during the doomsday fight. After the batwing crashed, it seemed like he wasn't doing much to contribute. Just one quick scene of him throwing a handful of explosive batarangs at doomsday between the running/dodging sequence & the scene where he shot the kryptonite 40mm would've been perfect. At the very least have a scene where he's searching for the grenade launcher in the wreckage. It just seemed like he had the 40mm the whole time & was just standing around waiting for a cool moment to shoot it. Forgive my autism, I just hate seeing these giant missed opportunities.
>>
>>81209737
>how on earth is he the "best thing" about it?
Batfleck looks the part more than any other actor, his fight scene against Lex's men is hands down the best Bats fight in live action, his Bruce was intelligent even when playing the party boy, the quips were good, etc. Using a handgun was awful and the movie was bad, but Batfleck was spot on.
>>
>>81211556
Even Val Kilmer Batman was better anon. Fight scenes don't make up for his void of personality in the movie
>>
>>81200114
word on the street is batfleck himself is directing
>>
>>81210895
I know the other movies have killing too, & I have the same issues with them. I don't care that Batman killed the Joker in the old Burton movie; I just hate him killing random thugs & criminals. In both BvS & the '89 movie, him killing mooks undermines the impact of both the Joker's & KGBeast's death. I was telling myself that Batman was arguably not killing anyone up until he dragged a totaled car for half a mile & used it as a wrecking ball. I almost let it go, then he mowed down those mooks when he was in the batwing. Not that they aren't badass action sequences; they just don't seem like Batman to me. Autistic? Maybe, but I don't think I'm entirely wrong.
>>
>>81211171
not by a fucking mile. batfleck is easily the best version. legit scary and not some tacticool fag in a biker suit. the part where he saves the asian chicks from sex slavers and the cop is looking around and he is hanging on the wall staring at him. legit terrifying batman the way he should be.
>>
>>81211606
you're trying to hard now, anon just stop. can't wait for the solo film easily the best live action batman to date
>>
File: 1436582761538.png (2 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
1436582761538.png
2 MB, 1440x1440
>>81199729
just gimme harley and Ivy shenanigans and fucking with Batman. Mix Joker in if need be to sell tickets but have him be a background player also cast Christina Hendricks as Ivy so I can see her seducing Margot and feeling her up for 2 hours
>>
>>81211807
He actually had no personality at all as either Bruce Wayne or Batman. Fight scenes don't make up for that
>>
>>81211699

I have myself for saying it, as I hate it when people use the argument... but here goes... 'this is a new Batman/this isn't the Batman we know'. Ugh, I feel dirty. Still, for me personally, as I get older (and since playing the Arkham games and hearing some of the shit those random thugs did) the 'no killing' rings less and less true for me and started to impact my enjoyment of the stories. Not using guns? That I would be able to get behind, due to his parents fate, but a ninja trained vigilante with some of the sickest villains in fiction... well, meeting lethal force with lethal force basically makes him my dream Batman as an adult. And it's not like he goes out of his way to go for the kill. A fair few times we get normal beatings and probably-crippled-for-life level beatings.
>>
>>81200273
>disaster
>posts the worst batman
>>
>>81211699

No you're right. Fuck this version of Batman, fuck Snyder and fuck everyone who's okay with Batman brutally mass killing thugs. This isn't the fucking Punisher you edgelords
>>
>>81203746
>outside all the murdering.
been a problem with EVERY live action Batman slice him up, old chum I think if they fix that going on they'll be gold
>>
>>81199729

I would like to think this bat already killed/dealt with his classic rogue villains soo something like red hood or rush should be cool...
>>
>>81206175
yes retard, everything they do now is in universe.
>>
>>81211871
he didn't have any less personality than baleman and it was more than just fight scenes it was the fact that he was fucking scary and actually did more detective work in those few scenes than the whole of the nolan trilogy. not to mention he actually looks like batman

i repeat
best live action batman ever!
>>
>>81211973
what about batman's mass killings in the burton films? yeah i am going to keep bringing them up so long as you fags keep trying to gloss over them

>>81212022
he likely didn't alfred implied this more brutal style is recent
>>
>>81209840
kgbeast is alive, he's in suicide squad to blow up there
>>
>>81212046
He wasn't a very good Batman at all though as a character.
>>
Given that its is already a TDKR era Batman my only real hope is that we get Beyond. All the other great stories, he's too old to do, and too much has happened in their universe.

Batfleck isn't even bad. It's just that this universe isn't good for telling stories.
>>
>>81200030
>Adapt Hush
>Wait your name is Thomas?
>Just like my dad!
>My bad. You can go free!
>>
>>81211845
>also cast Christina Hendricks as Ivy

Does she still look good? One of the big things I hate about the "cast so and so" faggots is they never take how they currently look into consideration. A good example of this is every single faggot that wanted Lucy Lawless to be WW when her age and looks places her better as Hippolyta than as Diana.
>>
>>81212262

I don't know. Joker and Harley both appear relatively young, unless Squad happens earlier in the timeline. They could easily have some of Batmans villains appear later, with the emergence of metahumans. Batman is still potentially a decade or two away from needing to retire in this continuity, so I doubt it will come up.
>>
>>81212127
>what about batman's mass killings in the burton films? yeah i am going to keep bringing them up so long as you fags keep trying to gloss over them

But those were terrible movies? What makes you think I'm a nostalgiafag who liked these pieces of turd? And what kind of logic is this anyway? Just because something's been shit for a long time we should just pretend it was always good? Are you a baby boomer or something? I also disliked Nolan's Batman, but not as much

Snyder is a pretentious and arrogant fucking shitbag for making Batman a mass murderer. He's lietrally insulting our intelligence and love for this character. His no killing code is literally his defining trait (inb4 b-but 1930s Batman killed people), even more so than Spidey. It's like he read TDKR and only "got" the violent parts, thought it was because of the violent parts that the comic is so beloved and decided to turn it up to 11 in the movie
>>
I hope we're actually getting a decent Ivy out of this. If they make her a straight up villain or whatever she is now in the comics doesn't matter.

>inb4 Harley and Ivy movie when both characters proof popular.
>>
>>81211875
I can understand your perspective, that's why I don't cry over Batman killing KGBeast. However, I'd really prefer him killing when there clearly was no other option. Not 10 minutes earlier, he killed those dudes when he was in the batwing. It makes me think that when this Batman was weaponizing the batwing, he deliberately did not add a nonlethal option. I know it's "unrealistic" to have a minigun that shoots rubber bullets, but this is in the same movie as flying space Jesus, so I don't see how nonlethal weapons are anymore more unrealistic.
>>
>>81212789
I just hope they don't try to make Ivy some kinda hippie eco-terrorist. I don't give a fuck about politics, global warming, the rainforest, or any of that political shit, I just want to see a sexy plat girl fucking shit up.
>>
File: tXuFpv3.gif (243 KB, 998x696) Image search: [Google]
tXuFpv3.gif
243 KB, 998x696
>>81213202
>I know it's "unrealistic" to have a minigun that shoots rubber bullets
Keep in mind that he had a Bat Tank that mowed down mutants in The Dark Knight Returns. He also specifically stated that he was using rubber bullets in that thing when Carrie asked. I don't think it's that far fetched to think that he was packing rubber bullets in BvS.
>>
>>81213506

Rubber bullets that make cars explode? You're delusional buddy
>>
>>81213506
I know about the bat-tank-mobile, that's why I was hoping for an explicit statement saying he was using rubber bullets. Since there wasn't, I told myself that even though it wasn't stated outright, it was still plausible. But after thinking about it, it just didn't add up with what happened. He blew up those cars in the batwing that clearly had people in them. But even if that hadn't happened, it's beyond a reasonable doubt that those guys in the car he was dragging for half a mile were alive after using it to smash another car. Again, it's not that their deaths weren't justified, if it were any other action flick I wouldn't care, it just didn't seem like a thing Batman would do.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.