[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teen Titans Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: CehEIo3WAAIFiXj-1.jpg (219 KB, 625x931) Image search: [Google]
CehEIo3WAAIFiXj-1.jpg
219 KB, 625x931
Writer: Ben Percy
Artist: Jonboy Meyers

Damian leads the Titans much to the displeasure of Starfire, Raven, Kid Flash, and Beast Boy.

Will it suck?
>>
>>81198507
>black Wally
Even if it doesn't, do you still want it?
>>
>>81198507
>Will it suck?
It's a book filled with characters no one else wants, except Robin who is the main attraction for readers. So its pretty normal for a Titans book over the last 20 years.
>>
I don't know anything about Ben Percy and Jonboy looks like he gets lazy with his pencils going off some of his Spawn work. I don't know, anon. It can go either way.
>>
As if Teen Titans comics are ever good
>>
>Damian and Raven are the same age.
Otp coming.
>>
>Teen Titans

Yeah probably, but Damian forcibly leading the team sounds hilarious.
>>
>>81198918
SYNERGY
>>
>>81198507
If this goes light on the angst and more on the "Damian wants to be hardcore but the Titans won't let him", it might work.
>>
>>81198507
Statfire: adult

Beast boy and Raven: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GROW UP. GET BACK ON THE TEEN TITANS WHERE YOU BELONG.

Wally: You were never white. Nope. No idea what you're talking about.

Damian: We're out of robins so the ten year old is in charge.

Who the hell am I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway. 'Cause I'm a faggot.
>>
Poor Starfire. And we thought having to fuck Roy was the worst thing that could have happened to her.
>>
>>81198507
The only upside is Trigon doesn't seem to be the main villain of the arc.

Really they should try making the team even more varied. Add Bunker for a New 52 member addition, and maybe a member from the 2003-2011 volume, like Kid Devil or Bombshell.
>>
File: starfireJM.png (739 KB, 473x720) Image search: [Google]
starfireJM.png
739 KB, 473x720
>>
>>81199003
I don't see white Wally not being in Titans at this point. No other character would be worth all the "huge spoilers we can't tell you'" stuff. They just made sure to reveal all the black Wally things first so SJWs don't get worried about him getting erased.
>>
>>81198507
why is there a nigger there
>>
>>81199038
not a fan of those boots, but going back to a leotard shape was a good decision
>>
>>81199075
That and Titans seems to be before NTT stuff. Wally is the only one missing from the 60s lineup.

I wonder if we'll get Guardian and Bumblebee eventually since that pic of the team they had looked pretty white.
>>
>>81198507
Will it end up being like Teen Titans Go where Robin is an asshole and abusive to the other Teen Titans?
>>
>>81199019
>Add Bunker for a New 52 member addition
Oh fuck the rebirth killed off Bunker didn't it? The one character the New52 created that I liked is gone.
>>81199075
White Wally West (WWW) is probably in Dicks titans book, why they did't put Starfire and BB there too I don't know.
>>
>>81199148
>why they did't put Starfire and BB there too I don't know.

because it's the silver age team not the bronze age one
>>
>>81199148
It probably didn't kill him, he's just wasn't in the cartoon so he's not appearing.
>>
>>81198507
is it wrong that I bloody love the art?
>>
>>81199179
I like it because it actually fits the title.

Rocafort may have pretty art but it doesn't fit what SHOULD be a book about lighthearted teenagers.
>>
>>81199148
Also I think most of that new 52 team is getting shelved. No Conner or Cassie on any stuff either. Or Bart but we might get an answer on him if LoSH era stuff does get elaborated on eventually like Johns is saying.
>>
>>81198507
>starfire
And people said that RHATO was worst thing to happend to her.
>>
>>81198507
>Ben Percy
Who
>Jonboy
eh
>>
>>81199255
>Also I think most of that new 52 team is getting shelved.
Good, literally all of it except maybe Bunker was garbage.

I just wish they could say "Lobdell's run ever happened", but they're probably going to try and explain it all and why it changed.
>>
>>81199328
Percy has been on Green Arrow
>>
File: DAMIRAE.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DAMIRAE.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>81198918
>>81198965

>Love triangle.
Being Beast Boy is suffering.
>>
>>81198507
Isn't Starfire an actual adult
>>
>>81199217
His art can be pretty lighthearted at times, though the new stuff probably works better for a TT book.
>>81199324
Once she has sex with Damian she only has Tim left to collect the full set.
>>
>>81199391
You don't let Damian loose on a bunch of other kids all willy nilly, he needs a supervisor.
>>
Does this mean that Tim can go solo again?
>>
>>81199428
No, Tim is still in a team book (Tec by Tynion).
>>
>>81199428
he's on the Batsquad with Kate, Cass, and Steph
>>
>>81199391
Either she's babysitting or they're going with her solo's infantilization of her
>>
>>81199416
there's Duke too now
>>
Ah man. They changed Starfire's outfit!
>>
>>81199474
even in her solo she was still very clearly an adult, even if she acted a little childlike at times
>>
>>81199510
I liked the Lupa era suit (not sure if she actually designed it or not), but I think this one is better. Good to keep the classic shape when you do something new.
>>
>>81199510
It's a pretty good outfit
>>
>>81199038
Why can't they decide whether her starbolts are green or pink?
>>
I'm not big on this Jonboy Meyers guy, but I appreciate the fact that he has an actual cartoony style and isn't just another in a long list of awful Brazillian house style hacks.

If they're going for a more lighthearted, cartoony, comedic tone, it might be good! Damian leading the Titans certainly is a good recipe for hilarity.
>>
>>81199495
Its like some form of Sisyphean quest as Starfire desperately tries to be the 1st person to have fucked all the Robins, meanwhile Bruce just keeps getting new ones leaving her no closer to her ultimate goal.
>>
>>81200262
>long list of awful Brazillian house style hacks
is there more than just Reis?
>>
That's a really great Raven design.

Are they de-aging her or something?
>>
>>81199075
Yeah but it's going to have Booth art so his "return" is going to be awful looking.
>>
>>81200308
Starfire won't be the first because Barbara already has three down.
>>
>>81200352
I think he means the filler ones people can't really name. Benes is the only big one besides Reis.
>>
File: lol.jpg (186 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
186 KB, 640x400
>>81200387
At least his butt will look good
>>
>>81200407
>>81200352
I meant specifically for people drawing Teen Titans. Guys trying to emulate Jim Lee, basically.

At least this guy is trying to do a kind of mix of Art Adams and Joe Mad.
>>
>>81200387
his return is in the Rebirth special, since Titans Rebirth says READ THE SPECIAL FIRST
>>
>>81199038
I was hoping they would keep this outfit for Starfire.
>>
>>81200477
Abnett made it sound like it was going to be in Titans Hunt. Maybe the Rebirth special will smooth some stuff over too.
>>
>>81200480
me too
>>
>>81200480
Yeah short shorts worked surprisingly good for her.
>>
I like the fact that they're getting as far a fucking way from Lobdell-era Titans as they can. Pretty much all of it looks like it's gone, outside of Raven and Beast Boy who are looking pretty different.

I want to like Ben Percy. He has a lot of good ideas, he has good taste, but man did he have a hard time sticking the landing in Green Arrow.
>>
>>81198507
>all of those designs
No please
I guess the Raven one would be okay in a vacuum
>>
>>81198507
is Damian even a teen
>>
File: yep.jpg (26 KB, 291x303) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
26 KB, 291x303
>>81198507
>that manga raven
>>
>>81201561
Dying and getting resurrected probably fucks up his timetable anyway
>>
>>81198507
>Teen Titan book
It will suck by default

>Black Wally
Status of suckage dramatically increase.
>>
>>81201561
He's forcing himself on the team and they do not want him
>>
>>81199148
>Oh fuck the rebirth killed off Bunker didn't it? The one character the New52 created that I liked is gone.
What is there to like about the token gay hispanic guy?
>>
The costumes looking fairly clean and evoking a combination of the classics and the cartoon, gives me hope that the book will be the first time in like a decade that Teen Titans wasn't some bizarre hole in the ground where the trends of 90's Marvel and Image crawled into, to make a nest out of the corpses of teenager characters.

So yeah, I'm a little excited actually at the prospect that a book with this title on the cover might be readable for once in my adult life. I'm probably going to be let down, but I want to enjoy the lie for at least a bit because it's been so long.
>>
>>81201881
He was the only happy thing about Lobdell's TT
>>
>>81202237
The only happy thing about his TT's is Rocafort's art.
>>
>>81202355
I don't think Rocafort was on TT when Lobdell was
>>
>>81199255
Crossing fingers for the "real" Bart getting separated from Barr Torr and Barr Torr becoming Inertia.
>>
>>81202849
I think Bart's gone for a long while mate, both Titans already have speedsters, and Tim's retired to the Batline, the only way I can see him coming back soon is if Flash uses him for some reason.
>>
What if they bring back white Wally and his kids and Irey joins TTs and bullies nuWAlly for not being her dad?

>>81203048
I have a feeling that they just leave Bart in the future on the LoSH if he comes back. YJ era TTs won't join up for a while again.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.