[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even though the movie was a 5/10 at best, can you agree that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4
Even though the movie was a 5/10 at best, can you agree that the death of the Waynes scene was done very well?

My only complaint was that Thomas's final word was "Martha" and not "Bruce."
>>
I haven't seen it but I know its shit
>>
>>81194398
Just like your mom knew you were shit before she had you
>>
>>81194319
Yes, I liked it. Putting the gun in the necklace looked good. And I'm glad it didn't drag on for too long because everyone seeing the movie should already know Batman's parents are dead.

But we certainly didn't need a flashback to it later just remind us of what her name is. They already showed her grave like three times. Thomas had to say "Martha" just to hammer the point home. The whole "Martha" plot point would probably have been better received if it wasn't so ham-handed.
>>
I thought it went on too long.

Also, I'm not particularly a fan of Thomas trying to fight Chill rather than reason with him.
>>
>>81194319
There should literally never be another movie with Batman's origin again. Everyone knows it.
>>
>>81194319
First time Thomas didnt go down like a cuck. I liked it. A man must protect his family. Not die cowardly.
>>
The pearls were handled beautifully. Also I like how chill had the look of "holy shit what am I doing" while killing the waynes.
>>
>>81194319
>death of the Waynes

Really? They did it again? They did the motherfucking backstories AGAIN?

This movie is not even worth stealing. Fuck this movie.
>>
>>81195230
Yes, lets wait one full movie in batman's origin again instead of just doing a 3 minutes scenes. Thats a much better plan, right?

Fuck off cuck. It was for the best.
>>
>>81195281
waste*
>>
>>81194319
I didn't like that Joe Chill looked surprised that he shot Martha
>>
thomas should've thrown a cup of hot tea at chill, fought him off with guns and kitchen knives, and then gotten thrown out of a window
>>
>>81194319
I agree.
I wish it was a part of a Zero Year adaptation. That view of Martha being shot in the head from behind would be spectacular adapted.
>>
>>81195230
Dear god, at least Avengers knows people are sick of origin stories and didn't reintroduce Iron man, Hulk and Cap starting with their origin stories. Who the fuck was editing this movie?
>>
>>81195230

To be fair, it was only the opening credits, really.

There's a lot wrong with BvS, but I didn't think this was a major flaw. I just think the scene went on too long. Like shit, they focus on the pearls for like five minutes.
>>
>>81195230

>3 minute backstory is enough to trigger you this hard
>>
>>81194319
I feel like it was because of this opening scene, which had me clenched in my seat, eyes wide open, whispering to myself "Yes. Pull the trigger. Break a boy. Birth the legend.", that I was willing to overlook the film's shortcomings. There were several other scenes that were totally nailed like this one was. And that made the movie for me. Pacing was certainly an issue, some characters were poorly done, but when they nailed a shot, they nailed it so gratifyingly.
>>
The pearls thing was so retardedly over the top. Laughed out loud when it happened.
>>
>>81194319

I thought it was dumb. The gun got caught behind the pearl necklace? lol what? A guy holds you up at gunpoint and you try to fistfight him?

I can't imagine why people think this was good, but it was admittedly one of the least egregious things about the movie you could nitpick about. That doesn't make it good, it just means it was pointless.
>>
File: 3465835639.jpg (146 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
3465835639.jpg
146 KB, 1000x1000
>>81194319
>My only complaint was that Thomas's final word was "Martha" and not "Bruce."
That was a very important plot point though.

In fact, I love the fact that they took what is one of the biggest and most commonly ignored coincidences in the world of comics and actually made a major plot point out of it. That's some low hanging fruit and I'm glad someone finally grabbed it.
>>
>>81196255
Wasn't naming both their mom's Martha completely on purpose
>>
>>81196057
I feel bad for the people that were in the same theather
>>
>>81196121
This, 100%

It was too over the top, and considering it what followed by the ridiculous bat cave scene, it completely soured the beginning of the movie for me.
>>
>>81194669
This. Totally unnecessary.
>>
>>81196341

No it just happened coincidentally and it's never been mentioned. I remember picking up on it years ago.
>>
>>81194669
I know there's just somebody out there who doesn't know it, but is it worth it to pander to somebody that outta the loop?
>>
>>81196341
As far as I know it was a coincidence. Batman and Superman's histories are quite distinct and it wasn't until later that they started crossing the two over. The two characters had different publishers before National Allied (Action Comics) merged with Detective Comics to form what is now DC Comics.
>>
>>81196255

I genuinely loved that bit. Everyone thinks its stupid because "hurr durr we have the same moms names we're friends now" but it was probably the only thing the two men had in common, and it was enough to break through Bruce's rage induced psychosis and realize that Clark was more human than he thought.
>>
File: Batman_origin_1940_02.jpg (465 KB, 1123x1600) Image search: [Google]
Batman_origin_1940_02.jpg
465 KB, 1123x1600
>>81194669
It's not really his origin though. It's part of his origin, but the actual origin story of Batman is a lot bigger and more complicated than just his parents getting shot. It's not like his parents died and he immediately received a costume and training. The only Batman movie that actually had his origin story is Batman Begins. Batman (1989), Batman Forever, and Batman V Superman all had flashbacks pertaining to the night at the theater, but none of them actually showed the training, education, life experiences and weapons procurement that he went through to actually become Batman.
>>
>>81196550
>>81196655
I could be wrong but I remember reading that Superman's mom didn't have a name so they named her Martha like Batman's, this was when they were both DC. I also wanna say it was mentioned in a comic where a young Bruce broke down in Smallville and met a young Clark
>>
>>81196744
Exactly. They could have had some lame operatic debate between the two characters where one of them ultimately gets defeated by rhetoric, but they went with something that was refreshingly basic and powerful. Superman is someone who loves his mother and is terrified of losing her, and his saying "save Martha" was what got Batman to realize that they shared that same emotion. It was much better than any kind of tough guy monologue full of one liners could have ever been.
>>
>>81196372
I made sure to be quiet, and would cover my face with my hoodie whenever a really hilariously awful scene happened.
>>
>>81195632
>didn't reintroduce Iron Man, Hulk, and Cap

But Iron Man and Cap had their origin movies, retard. Hulk didn't "need" one because his movies had been shit before, and they felt they didn't need a whole movie to say "this guy can turn big and green if mad". In fact, those lines about trying to make him mad were stupid to begin with.
>>
>>81194319
I thought it was the best super hero movie in about 8 years
>>
>>81195632
The only reason they didn't do the origin stories was because they were all covered in their individual movies that came out before and took place in the same universe. Batman V Superman, on the other hand, takes place in a different universe than the other Batman films and thus means the origin story has to be retold again for some reason.
>>
One thing about Batman in the movie has been bugging me for a while, and I'm hoping someone who's seen the movie more than once can clear this up.

This Batman kills criminals, and that doesn't bother me very much if that's the direction they want to take him. This is a dark, gritty, old Batman who's "become cruel" in his old age. Fine. But my friend keeps arguing that Batman also got at least one civilian killed in the movie as well, which would make him as huge hypocrite in the context of the film given what his grudge with Supes is over.

During the scene where the Batmobile is chasing down the convoy with the stolen Krpytonite in it, there's a part where one of the cars being chased crashes into an oil truck and the oil truck goes up in a fireball. My friend keeps saying that the gas truck was in motion when the car hit it, which means that Batman high speed chase resulted in at least one completely innocent truck driver exploding that the movie never addresses again. I can't remember if that truck was parked or not, but I don't remember it being in motion when it was hit.

Does anyone remember this part enough to confirm or deny in one way or another?
>>
>>81197092
Hulk had an origin movie too, you mongoloid. Incredible Hulk is canon to the MCU
>>
No, it was extremely bad. The weight of his parents deaths comes from how fast and unceremoniously they are killed. Draping it in slow motion and over the top drama kills the meaning of it all.
>>
>>81198521
I'm pretty sure the gas truck was in motion

so yeah, Bat of Murder
>>
>>81194319
The only thing I didn't like was that you could clearly hear the sound of a revolver being cocked, when it wasn't one, but that's just nit-picky.
>>
>>81198662
>>81198521

It was an evil Gas Truck.
>>
>>81194319
i liked how pearl necklace was around the gun.
>>
>>81194457
Nah, something better would have been "That's your mother said after giving birth to you."
>>
>>81194319
It was beautiful to look at, I'll give it that. Like visual poetry. Style is about the only thing Snyder can do right.

I actually liked Thomas last word being his wife's name. Probably because we already got 'Bruuuuce...' in Batman Begins.

I guess I like a little variety in my obligatory 'gunning down the Waynes' sequence.
>>
How many times have they redone his fucking parents dying in movies by now?
>>
>>81199244
Larry Fong is Snyder's secret. He's Danny Elfman to Snyder's Burton sorta speak. The 300 & Watchmen team are wasted on him.
>>
I actually liked the film. Only thing that was useless was Lois.
>>
>>81199498
Hey, Lois was only as useless as the plot points handed to her.

The only thing I actually liked about the movie was the creation of Doomsday. Lex Luthor does forbidden Kryptonian blood magic to science himself up a Frankenstein. Golden.
>>
How many fucking times are Tom and Martha gonna die on camera

This is the kind of shit you can do in the title sequence now.
>>
>>81199897
Almost like it was done. A short scene at the beginning of the movie to set the tone instead of wasting one full movie on its origin.
>>
>>81194319
I actually agree with this. When the film started with the Wayne's death I groaned, but it was done really nice. I liked how the gun broke Martha's necklace, that was cool.

Shame they repeated the scene later in the film. It had definitely overstayed its welcome.
>>
>>81196255
This.
>>
>>81200045
I'm talking like fucking Bond style. Same with Superman. And Spider-Man.
>>
>>81200108
It would feel out of place in this movie.
>>
>>81194462
>The whole "Martha" plot point would probably have been better received if it wasn't so ham-handed.
And yet, most people who bitch about it still don't understand it..
>>
>>81200212
Well, yeah. It wouldn't be in slow motion, grim-faced and filled with pretentious lines.
>>
>>81194319
BUT SEE THAT WAY YOU KNOW BRUVE'S MOM IS NAMED MARTHA JUST LIKE CLARK'S

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>81194462
they hammered it so much yet it was fucking dreadful
>>
>>81196121
Well if Thomas Wayne survived he would have became Batman
>>
>>81194319
I thought it was really good.
Weird at times, but it was enjoyable.

Seriously why this is getting lower scores than IRM3 and Thor 2? How?
>>
>>81200652
I still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to make dumb comic trivia a pivotal thing in the plot.
>>
>the death of the Waynes scene

How many have there been now? Three? We know they died, dammit.
>>
>>81202863
because the majority of people disagree with you
>>
>>81199897
>How many fucking times are Tom and Martha gonna die on camera

As many as Uncle Ben.

What is ironic of all of this, is that this is supposed to be a defining moment for each character, but has been done so many times, every time it is recreated, there is less impact to it.

Gotham is the one show to have really done this so well it should just end there.
>>
>>81200319
They understand it.

They just think it's forced.

It is.

I don't dislike the concept, but the execution was poor.

Batman should've chosen not to kill before hearing that.
>>
>>81202863

wb didn't fly out critics to a holiday resort for a private screening
>>
>>81202923
Yeah but >>81202802
Flashpoint here we go.
>>
>>81198521
Sssshhh

No tearms only Snyder
>>
>>81202926
But how can anyone think this was worse than Thor 2, I do not get this reasoning.
No one is really consistent in their critics, I have read and watch the most contradictory opinions

>It is too serious
>It is too scy fy
>Not muh supes
>Not muh batman
>Too much exposition
>Too little exposition
>I don't read comics but...
>I read the comics and...

It is amazing to see positive opinions on it on this place, retarddit echo chamber hated it as well, the reasons seem schizophrenic.
>>
>>81199174
>after
>I haven't seen it
Lame.
>>
>>81203115
this may come as a shock, but there can be multiple reasons why people dislike things
>>
>>81203115
But most of these are right.

It is too serious, mishandles the core character, excessively exposits on their feelings while shoving worldbuilding in your face without developing it.
>>
>Thomas immediately tries to take a swing at Chill like a fucking retard
No, nothing about this movie was well done, the very first scene was fucking retarded.
>>
>>81194319
>horrible child actor
>Excalibur
>Thomas Wayne's a super badass he's gonna go down da bad mugger
>Martha Wayne looks nothing like his mother and more like Thomas's live-in whore because of the age difference
No.
>>
>>81198521
DESU senpai that scene was waaaaaay too confusing, it is the one time I got to shit on Snyder, it got that Bayformers "I don't know what is going on" motion. It make sme miss movies like Bullitt

It might had been.
But I guess we are gonna go with what the movie shows us, if there is not an explicit pan to the the guy who got rekt, he did not die.

However when Batfleck gets Martha people undoubtedly die. He is less Bats and more Midnighter.

If you see this as Midnighter vs Apollo this movie kinda kicks ass.
>>
>>81203115
Thor 2 was not so badly cut and wasn't so depressing.

Thor 2 was cheap, short, meaningless, but at least you came in, you knew what was going on, who wants what and why and you didn't want it to end.

BvS was poorly written, with disappearing and appearing character motivations, and badly cut. And depressingly numb. Not "deep", just pretending to be deep.

Thor 2 is not a good movie, but it's better than BvS.
>>
>>81203349
the action was really muddy throughout, really
>>
>>81203192
>It is too serious, mishandles the core character, excessively exposits on their feelings while shoving worldbuilding in your face without developing it.

Now this is a well constructed criticism, but what I have seen is multiple responses that sort of counter each other, if these were feedback I would be confused.

>>81203186
No, you got it all wrong. Those are examples of the critics I have read, but unlike the example above, in this post, there is not a consistent theme among them.

Also this was better than Thor 2, so really what gives? I am not calling Thor 2 a bad movie either, but I feel this was a better movie.
>>
>>81195632
stop being autist you faggot. This is a reboot Batman instead of using Bale, so they introduced a small origin scene.

For your Avengers analogy to work it would be Iron Man RDJ being replaced by a new Tony and Iron Man in another universe.
>>
>>81203379
>with disappearing and appearing character motivations
I don't follow you in this one.

>pretending to be deep.
I thought it set up things nicely, Supes was more important here than MOS personally.

Supes causes mixed feelings among the people of Earth about a Meta who is practically a walking nuclear arsenal, but also a good guy.

After the conflict settles, Supes dies and the world starts to miss Superman, this settles the DC Citizen view on Capes from Monsters to Heroes. People believe on and Miss Superman.

It saves Bats from being an asshole.
It gives Bats and Diana the idea to form the JLA because without a Superman on their side OP monsters are virtually unstoppable...okay not really since WW has shown she could alone tank Doomsday. Maybe blood was a no no due to the rating of the film, but WW does not even look hurt by Doomsdays attacks, she could eat a beam right to her face.

I agree it was poorly written, but not quite so that it stops being fun.
>>
>>81203728
Superman was more plot device than character this time around
>>
>>81203798

The one thing that saved him from that was his relationship with Lois. His conversations with her are the only real times we get to see him take agency for himself and express what HE wants to do rather than just letting everyone else talk about him without responding at all.
>>
>>81203288
The cunt couldn't bother to research tornado safety, he wasn't going to research mugging safety.

He's just going to go with whatever he thinks looks cool because Zack Snyder is a goddamn child.
>>
i literally can no longer care about batman parents getting killed
its been overdone
please stop to put this in everything batman is in please
>>
>>81203909
he has a grand total of one conversation like that with her

also the only time he smiles in the entire movie
>>
>>81194319
It was pretty great.
>Gun in the pearls
>That fucking song
>Based JDM and MILF Martha
It was great. Bruce getting picked up by bats was dumb as fuck, though.
It was great
>>
File: 1430024148200.jpg (102 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430024148200.jpg
102 KB, 500x500
>>81196902
This, god.

I can't believe there is people critizicing this, since it's the first time this is actually used as a plot point and it fucking WORKS.

Batman was a paranoia fueled BEAST. Everyone is complaining about how he kills without remorse. Well, it's because he loses his empathy out of FEAR. And when he hears the name of his mother he feels recomforted, and goes apeshit because empathy is actually deluding his fuel, his motivation, his fear.

It's greeaaaaat. I loved it. I love stupid little details like that in this move.

-Great initial sequence used to establish this major plot point later on

-The Flash, a major Mercury standoff in DC, delivering an important message.

-Lex and his painting doing a beautiful reference to Darkseid in the end of the movie. "Devils don't come from beneath us, they come from the sky"

-The little tale Luthor told about his father, the facist regime, and how Lex BTFOs the senator with that, setting up his motivation clearly and consisely.

-Lois shit in the desert being such a good plot. Seriously, Luthor is an iconic villian, and has a few comics centered on him, but his plans are always retarded and over the top. But this one was calculated, cold, and good. At the moment the camera man spoke to the gun-men, and started shooting people, the movie tells you two things: First, Luthor is behind this, and second, he was smart enough to realize Lois was far too involved in the Man of Steel conflict and he drew all the conclussions.

They instantly made him threathening. It's amazing.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.