[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At this point the only way warner can redeem themselves is using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
At this point the only way warner can redeem themselves is using the flash to start a new universe and adapt pic related
>>
>>81188565

I actually liked BvS, but I would fucking kill for a continuation of the Gods and Monsters universe.

>we will never get more stories with Mexican Supes and Vampire Man-Bat being absolute bros
>we will never see the cosmic adventures of Bekka and Luthor/Metron

It hurts.
>>
>>81188763
Why? Did they cancel the first season?
>>
>>81188805
No I think they are making a second season of Chronicles.
>>
>>81188805
>>81189014

Wait what is there actually a sequel? I only recently saw the movie, if there's a spin-off comic or another animated sequel I want in on that shit.
>>
>>81188565
>dark isn't working
>GO DARKER
yeah no
>>
>>81189325

Gods and Monsters gets kind of dark in a couple places, but actually winds up pretty positive in other respects.

This is like the first adaptation I've seen where Lex Luthor ISN'T a brutal sociopath and winds up actually helping the heroes.
>>
>>81189247
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gods+and+monsters+chronicles

Chronicles isn't a sequel, it's a series of animated shorts expanding somewhat on the world of Gods and Monsters. There's also a prequel comic that details the origins of the three as well as how they all form the Justice League in the first place.
>>
>>81188565
>everyone laudes Gods and Monsters like its the greatest animation from dc
There are a hundred better elseworld stories. Read a fucking comic before you comment on what they should adapt you mong.
>>
OP's idea is fucking dumb, but what WB ought to do at this point is just give up on live-action superheroes (because they've thrice now proven that they're incompetent at it) and just inject that Hollywood budget into DC's animation department and turn the direct-to-video films into full theatrical releases.
>>
>>81189423

Oh neat. Thanks for the link.
>>
>>81189481
Imagine if DC made a new DC Animated Cinematic Universe with the writing talents of the old guard? They would conquer the market
>>
>>81189247
There are spin-off comics plus animated intro shorts of each character as prequels. I suspect that if the comics sold well (and even if they didn't - they are digital first so it's not like there is really any big printing expense) those would happen and they've ordered a sequel.

>>81189436
Totally with you here
>>
>>81189481
>>81189325

I agree that WB/Synder/Nolan and other producers fucked up MoS and BvS-DoJ. Superman Returns was tonally the right idea for a Supes film except for (a) abandoning Earth for five years without establishing there were other supers to cover, and (b) primarily the concept of Lois being impregnated but having a memory wipe re the kid, the kid being his son, and particularly the stalker elements of him watching on Richard, Lois and the kid. It had a lot of problems but not the tone for what a Superman movie set in Metropolis should/could be like.

Live action will always make more money than animation. The exception is dumb-ass kid friendly shit like Shrek OR Pixar; Toy Story 3 and a few others are the only films that compare box office wise with most cape live action.

There's no real reason to go full-on Pixar, WB Animation has proven that they can do great work. And there's more reason for them to dump some of the people in charge, not live action - Nolanverse made $2+ billion.

I'd agree they could throw more money at WB animation and do some 2 week 'event' runs of longer run-time editions; they could re-do New Frontier, for example, add some of the stuff they cut out out of the trades, lengthen it to 90 (or more) minutes run time and use some of their other properties (like Fantastic Beast II) to get more theaters (than just Fathom as with Iron Giant) to run it by offering them as a package, run New Frontiers 3 x a week mid-week for two weeks before Fantastic Beast and 2x on those weekends, plus the following two weekends of Fantastic Beasts first run, and see how that plays. If it plays, then they should go ahead and order new films and new adaptations with bigger budgets, etc.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.