[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 4978219-4440144695-21085.jpg (93 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
4978219-4440144695-21085.jpg
93 KB, 700x350
The New 52 confuses me

Do we know what did and didn't carry over from pre-New 52 Batman to the current New 52 one?

Does Batman remember the previous timeline?
>>
>>81184781
>Do we know what did and didn't carry over

Not entirely, no, we're all confused too.

>Does Batman remember the previous timeline?

Nope. Barry should since he physically traveled from the old timeline to Flashpoint to the new one...but it presumably faded from his memory like a photo of Marty McFly.
>>
>>81184781
Nobody knows, not even the writers. Not that it matters, because apparently story trumps continuity.
>>
>>81184897

story always trumps continuity.

make dc comics great again
>>
>The New 52 confuses me
Shared universes make for confusing canon. Read comics with solitary continuities to avoid this problem.

>Do we know what did and didn't carry over from pre-New 52 Batman to the current New 52 one?
Everything still happened, but it all happened ~differently~ than what we read, because now Character X couldn't take part in Event Y since in the new canon they didn't appear until Story Z, and so forth.

>Does Batman remember the previous timeline?
No.
>>
>>81184918
>>81184897
>>81184869
>Batman not remembering
EXPLAIN THAT NOTE FROM HIS FATHER HE STILL KEEPS IN HIS BATCAVE THEN
>>
>>81184954
He is aware that time travel exists and that notes can be delivered from alternate timelines which were created (and destroyed) by time travel.
>>
>>81184897
>apparently story trumps continuity
Comic book continuity is a total clusterfuck anyway. I agree with the idea of his statement, but New 52 was just another mess.
>>
>>81184781
>canon
That word isn't in DC or Marvel's lexicon anymore.

I'm not taking a piss, they've just focused on trades and they don't care about inconsistencies between books and authors. Hell, editorial retcons and reboots are increasing at an alarming rate.

I'm just waiting for the day where Peter Parker is permanently 17, Batman has 27 robins he never mentions, and Gwen Stacy becomes the new Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81185442
>Batman has 27 robins he never mentions
The Bat-family is already absurdly huge and stupid.

But maybe I only feel that way because I've always preferred Batman to work alone, aside from Alfred or incidental stuff. I like Dick Grayson as a character, but the rest rarely interest me.
>>
>>81185660
No, I love the Bat-family but the Nu52 version has ballooned at an alarming rate.

It was at its best around No Man's Land. Now there's that Not-wing broad with the tumblr hair and Damian and a black kid are using the name Robin at the same fucking time...
>>
>>81185707
yeah agreed, always been a batfam fan but they've gotta keep it in check, Tim's back in a Robin costume too now (even if he's still "RR") and it's just getting silly, like he's running an entire youth group by this point
>>
>>81185707
what, Harper Row is Blue Bird, but yeah Damian and Duke are both Robin, but Duke isn't an actual Robin, he and his friends are in a gang that cosplays as Robin and fight crime.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.