[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
man looking back as bad as this was at least it wasn't a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: green-lantern-movie-costume.jpg (223 KB, 580x469) Image search: [Google]
green-lantern-movie-costume.jpg
223 KB, 580x469
man looking back as bad as this was at least it wasn't a joyless edgefest
>>
I'll take a joyless edgefest over:

>A purple alien? How ridiculous!
>I'm talking to a lantern? How ridiculous!
>A tiny mask? How ridiculous!
>>
>>81183234

Martha
>>
>>81183116
this movie was never as bad as people remember it being. it was just incredibly average.

it then turned into a meme and was "cool to hate" and everyone joined the bandwagon until people think it's worse than Fantastic Four.
>>
Sinestro's actor was 10/10

Killawog was good too
>>
>>81183116
Parallax is TERRIBLE first villain (and his movie origin and look were terrible). It's like making Superman's first baddie Darkseid. Start smaller.

They also needed to pick a setting as stick with it. Either stay on Earth or stay in Space

Other than that, I didn't hate Ryan as Hal.

And I liked Sinestro.

And I liked some of the humor.
>>
>>81183308
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>>
>>81183430

Well if they just spent the first movie on Hector as the villain and developed him it would have been mostly okay I think
>>
>>81183329
It absolutely was terrible.

It's plot structure is absolutely fucked, with a conflict that doesn't come in until just before the climax, and a resolution that has zero to do with anything that happened beforehand. It has no themes, and the main character is an unlikable faggot who just dicks around for and hour and a half until Parallax shows up.

It's fucking awful even if you completely ignore the source material and don't compare it to any other capeflicks.
>>
>>81183344
>Sinestro's actor was 10/10
This, hope they forgo the usual rule and keep Mark as Sinestro
>>
File: No evil will escape my sight.png (818 KB, 1011x1004) Image search: [Google]
No evil will escape my sight.png
818 KB, 1011x1004
>>81183430

How the fuck do you even conjour something small in a series based on imagination and will?

Would you rather it have been the Red Lanturn Core?

Or the Orange Lanturn Core?

Or is the Black Lanturn Core too big
>>
>>81183531

>A sword? How human.

That is GOAT acting. And this is coming from a shit script.
>>
>>81183558
Just do Sinestro and Hal bustin some alien baddies.
Do a cop movie in space.
>>
>>81183430
The first part of the movie actually wasn't bad?? All the way up until he got his ring, really. Even training on Oa was okay, besides the whole 'talking fish' shit and the HORRIBLE MUSIC WHILE FLYING that makes me cringe every time ( seriously, the soundtrack in that movie was so fucking bad.. )

hector is a dumb villain and parallax was too big for this movie. they should have used something like the manhunters ( easy to explain, doesn't require all the dumb setup they had to do at the beginning of the movie ), or I dunno.. maybe even some version of Relic? something that could attack Oa and keep him there, not have to go all the way back to earth after his training.

they save the day on Oa, then he comes back to earth for some snookie with carol or something. you can't use hector as the first villain, he's so fucking dumb. zzz
>>
>>81183591

Green lantern casuals don't even know who Sinestro is tho so that would have been a terrible idea

That's like having a Batman movie and have the focus be Catwoman.
>>
>>81183591
green lantern: first flight plot would have been ok for this movie actually.. just make it slightly less boring ( ok, way less boring. also.. no magical girl hal jordan )
>>
The fact that this perspective seems so pervasive has made me understand why indie books are far less popular than cape books. Some people are just actually incapable of enjoying something that takes itself seriously and doesn't have jokes. Incredible.
>>
When will Ben get his redemption?
>>
>>81183610

That's all the more reason to do it that way though. You spend the first movie establishing Hal and Sin's relationship as they set up the universe than in movie 2 have him go full villain
>>
It was just terrible OP. Don't do this, don't make us relive this train wreck.
>>
File: dumbass!.jpg (17 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
dumbass!.jpg
17 KB, 440x248
>>81183610

Only if we keep Kurtwood Smith
>>
File: dumbass!.png (189 KB, 688x384) Image search: [Google]
dumbass!.png
189 KB, 688x384
>>81183704

oops ments to reply to this guy

>>81183651
>>
>>81183654
People can easily enjoy those, just look at the ENTIRE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY, or B:TAS.

The problem is just that neither MoS or BvS have executed "being taken seriously" well at all yet.
>>
File: 1454763185054.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1454763185054.png
645 KB, 722x525
>>81183610
>He actually thinks that casuals knew ANY of the DC heroes beyond Supes, Batman, Flash & (now) Wonder Woman
>>
File: Ant Kuuga.jpg (46 KB, 970x506) Image search: [Google]
Ant Kuuga.jpg
46 KB, 970x506
>>81183739

well not to draw the marvel comparison but Marvel seems to at least to a certain extent revel in the comicness of it all. They mainstream it all up a lot but they're still very much comic book movies.

For the longest time since forever DC and WB seems to want nothing more than not being seen as comic book guys which is weird because their characters are far more comic booky than marvels
>>
imagine a world where this movie was actually done well instead of fucking horribly

> get a sequel with mark as glorious yellow lantern sinestro as main villain
> hal at the forefront of the dceu, doesn't get cut from justice league
> popularity increases and we get actually good creative teams on GL instead of the venditti shit train that we're getting now
> justice league has 7 members like it should
> wb doesn't try to sweep GL under the rug and pretend it never happened
> dc actually cares about GL

we could have had it all. this movie ruined literally everything.
>>
>>81183234
not talkin about the movie but I'm gettin real sick of that in live action and comics alike

>ridiculous costumes!
>Ridiculous codenames!
>Everybody is powered! ridiculous!
>>
>>81183787
>& (now) Wonder Woman
nigga, try since the 70s
>>
>>81183787

Did you purposely not mention the greatest super hero of all time

I'm talking about Felicity.
>>
>>81183116
this movie was 3/10 but I'd still rather watch it than the joyless edgefest
>>
File: sad.jpg (481 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
481 KB, 1060x1500
>>81183810
we could have had it all
>>
File: X-Men_First_Class_Poster.jpg (946 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_First_Class_Poster.jpg
946 KB, 1000x1500
>>81183843
>>ridiculous costumes!
>>Ridiculous codenames!

I was so dissapointed when the x-men went back to the black leather after given me the glorious blue and yellows
>>
>>81183739
I've always thought the underlying problem was the character himself. Heaven forbid someone criticize the company mascot, though.
>>
>>81183877
they truly hate us.
>>
>>81183803

Hit the nail on the head. Remember when Jor-El gave Clark a super suit without mentioning what it was or why he was giving it to him? They just did not want to even address the concept that he was wearing long underwear. Just do the bare minimum needed to make him look like Superman and then sweep anything else under the rug.

Then on the flip side we've got Captain America doing a fucking song and dance routine in tights about how you can slap a jap with warbonds. Two very different approaches right there.
>>
>>81183867
god can you imagine...what I wouldn't give for this on film
>>
>>81183803
>which is weird because their characters are far more comic booky than marvels

That's the problem, they're embarrassed to be working with characters that are considered less complex, so they work extra hard to try and LOOK more sophisticated but it's always just a pretentious looking tarp draped overtop of the playground equipment.
>>
>>81183877
Look at Frost standing there, like she mattered in this movie.
>>
>>81183858
>I was born in '79. I (and the rest of the world) still don't give a damn about WW.

Maybe if you put Linda Carter in a time machine.
>>
>>81184005

It's not like Darwin or Lenny Kravitz Jr mattered a whole lot more. I mean I liked the movie a lot but anyone not named Magneto or Xavier was there just so they could call it X-men
>>
>>81184096
Fair. I probably should've chosen a different word, because what really stuck out to me was that everyone else is part of the Charles Team (at least until the break at the end), while Frost was one of the villains.
>>
>>81184096
But you aren't who they made the movie for (obviously, and unfortunately).
>>
>>81184127

Tits.
>>
>>81183891
SINGER hates us.
>>
>>81184221

well we are adults
>>
>>81183116
Green Lantern isn't the worst comic book movie, but it's the one I want to see again the least.
>>
>>81184316
does that mean in your opinion, there is the worst comic book movie that you want to see again?

which is it?
>>
>>81184345

well Fantastic Four Rise of the Surfer is shorter by at least a half hour
>>
>>81183116

>BvS Shitposting has gotten so bad we're comparing it to Green Lantern

Jesus just shut the fuck up and wait for the small scale disagreement that is the eight people involved in Civil War. I'm sure the hour and a half of jokes followed by no consequences will be much better than anything DC will ever produce because they aren't Marvel
>>
>>81184382
Oh, yeah that makes sense, sold. speaking of, I'm gonna go "Aquire" that new fantasticcrap movie because I enjoy torture.
>>
>>81184345
Fan4tasic is worse but I would watch that again before GL.
>>
File: Superfriends.jpg (62 KB, 558x464) Image search: [Google]
Superfriends.jpg
62 KB, 558x464
>>81184388
Delicious.
>>
>>81184427

It's also a lot shorter
>>
>>81184388
the funny thing is you're not wrong and I still wanna see it more than batwank movie.
>>
>>81184461
You and audiences around the world.
>>
>>81183116
nah. I hate the shit out of BvS but i'll watch that dour mope fest two times before i see green lantern again. It is senselessly retarded.
>>
>>81183329
>it then turned into a meme and was "cool to hate"
people need to stop saying this stupid shit everytime an opinion gains traction.

guess what folks. Sometimes garbage is garbage and thats the reason why people hate it. And it has nothing to do with being a MEME or COOL TO HATE. Sometimes people experience something and have the exact feeling toward it that you are presented with, even if its in great numbers.
>>
I don't know why everyone hated it, it was okay-ish telemovie tier. The scene with Reynolds chanting the oath gave me chills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkX_pV4Xyw
>>
>>81183610
>Green lantern casuals don't even know who Sinestro is
If a movie going audience even knows who the fuck green lantern is in the first place...having another guy there with him doing the same thing as he does eventually go bad or some shit is not a difficult thing to comprehend. The god cop goes bad concept is not exactly foreign or confusing to movie audiences.
>>
>>81183858
green hornet hit the same time as batman in the 60s on TV.
Which do you think casuals know about?
>>
>>81184388

I like how DC is all serious and dark in the movies, but they have tradionally been 'jokes followed by no consequences' in the comic universe, and I still dismiss both iterations.

Carry on, magic secret decoder ring/billionaire bat-fetish/talks to fish/dyke in bikiniarmor-loving friend...carry on.
>>
File: batman.webm (2 MB, 1024x572) Image search: [Google]
batman.webm
2 MB, 1024x572
>>81183308
NO MARTHAS ARE DYING TONIGHT
>>
>>81184560
>If a movie going audience even knows who the fuck green lantern is in the first place
Timm's justice league was not an obscure production, and if anything is the casual audience's primary source of knowledge on DC
>>
>>81184712
Well I meant this green lantern. And even if were going with jon stewart i dont think thats gonna make up that much of a world wide ticket buying audience.

And okay lets say that yeah 'plenty of people know jon stewart green lantern'. Well okay, that just backs my point that those same people who are able to grasp Hal Jordan being in this movie instead of jon stewart, are not suddenly going to be MORE confused with Sinestro being involved. As far as most folks who dont read comics know (again assuming they all know jon stewart from the cartoon) both Hal Jordan AND sinestro would just both be OTHER green lanterns they were previously unaware of.
>>
>>81184806

The world didn't know who Iron man was till RDJ.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.