[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you do a gargoyles reboot /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (127 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127 KB, 400x300
How would you do a gargoyles reboot /co/?
>>
>>81179603
family guy. cut aways gags and all
>>
>>81179603
Elisa turns into a gargoyle early in the series and doesn't wear a top
>>
>>81179603
... Pretty much nothing, honestly.

I'm not sure i'd even want to update the time period. But I've developed an awful nostalgia for "quasi-historical" fiction settings which tend to mean setting things only twenty to forty years ago.
>>
>>81180026
I was thinking the same thing

Shit I would say gargoyles is pretty much the poster child of what all action cartoons should live up to and surpass
>>
>>81179603
Use the cast of DS9 instead of TNG
>>
>>81180339
It really is when you think about it...
>>
>>81180350
Shrieking Sisko could carry the entire show alone.
>>
>>81179603
Don't
But if you must don't reboot just continue the fucking story
>>
New question . Who would you want to write a gargoyles comic book series?
>>
>>81180498
uhh greg weisman. who else? if he doesnt write it, it isnt gargoyles
>>
Elisa is now a teenager in high school who makes internet references, rather than a street-smart and competent adult cop.

Goliath is still her love interest only now he's a dumb teenager as well.

All references to literature are removed and mythology is greatly simplified. Goliath no longer reads Dostoevsky and all the folklore of the world is gone, besides a few non-European nods which lack any sense of respect for the story its presenting.

Demona never turns even and is full-on #notallhumans.
>>
>>81180350
O'Brien was CĂș Chulainn's dad, Sisko was the Easter Island alien, Janeway was Anastasia Renard /Lady Titania and Uhura was Eliza's mom.

I wouldn't mind more Star Trek people, though.
>>
>>81180396
he was already the easter island head alien Nokkar
worf and o'brien were in it too but that doesnt count
>>
>>81179603
Normal shit but i would make them cross over with the ninja turtles.
>>
>>81180350
> Not wanting Michael Dorn back as Coldstone.

He's the only voice I wouldn't change. If it was a live action reboot, for Xanatos, I'd probably cast Hugh Jackman. For his butler... Idk, the only skinny blonde guy I can think of is NPH.
>>
>>81179603
I wouldn't reboot it, I'd just continue from right where The Journey left off, I'd definitely use some of Weisman's ideas for how things would continue, but I wouldn't be absolutely beholden to him either
>>
>>81179603
Nearly everyone involved in the show is alive and working. Just continue it.
>>
I'd get rid of the pack and possibly all the avalon stuff
>>
File: nazithatcomming.gif (490 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
nazithatcomming.gif
490 KB, 500x209
>>81180587
>>
Teen Gargoyles Go!
>>
Live action tv series
>>
>>81181537
>not liking the pack

I mean, they needed some group of evil doers to fight.

Also what's wrong with Avalon
>>
>>81179603
>Rebooting anything
>Rebooting something that was already good
>>
>>81183451
Hey man Disney has got to pick up the slack some where after ending gravity falls
>>
I'd get Kieth Davd to voice Goliath still, slightly huskier voice for Xanatos. Make it pg13, so they could say damn, ass, shit, etc, and also show more blood. Basically make it a little more contemporary in art style and more mature.
>>
>>81184009
It's called making new shit.
>>
without the help of disney
>>
>>81180339
>>81180367
Season one only.
S2 was filler upon filler and lel goliath chronicles
>>
>>81184799
Granted, Gargoyles would benefit from being PG-13. It worked well as in, but being allowed to go a little further would help sell the historical scenes for one.
>>
>reboot
Just get Weisman to carry on with the 8 billion spin-off comics he did for Slave Labor Graphics. Hell, you can even make them digital-only, if you want to keep costs down...
>>
Live action / CGI Netflix show.
>>
>>81179603
just adapt the sequel comics and then continue from there
>>
Make them go to space
>>
>>81180587

Elisa is 10, and initially she thinks that the gargoyles are her imaginary friends. All the gargoyles are equivalent ages to hers. Demona is a brat who shoots everyone with a nerf gun. Xanatos and Macbeth are stepbrothers who are always getting into wacky hijinks. There's an anti-drug episode where Broadway gets addicted to Red Bull, and another special episode where Elisa gets her period.
>>
>>81180624

I say switch to B5 and Buffy actor.
>>
>>81190825

Oh, and they all sing songs like in MLP and Phineas & Ferb.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.