[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's hand is that, /co/? Is Prime Time finally upon us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: DCU Rebirth Special.jpg (2 MB, 2030x1500) Image search: [Google]
DCU Rebirth Special.jpg
2 MB, 2030x1500
Who's hand is that, /co/?

Is Prime Time finally upon us?
>>
It's Pre-Nu52 Wally, hence all that lightning
>>
God i hope not.
>>
It's Bill Wilson finally making his big debut
>>
File: Facilier.png (171 KB, 435x800) Image search: [Google]
Facilier.png
171 KB, 435x800
It's probably some poor sinner's hand.
>>
>>81178052
>Biggest fanboy turned biggest hater
>after being released from the source wall and seeing how things are even edgier he decides to kill everything
>See's pre-flashpoint Clark living on this new earth with lois and his kid and just accepting it
>realizing that that superman truly is superior he decides to try and make this reality better for him by bringing back things he used to have
>>
File: jVEnf.jpg (173 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
jVEnf.jpg
173 KB, 600x366
>>81178120
CIA is already in the comics tho
>>
>yfw he brings back the trunks on everyone who had them pre-flashpoint and expands the five year timeline
>>
>>81178052
new villain
>>
File: ddio gentry.png (329 KB, 721x849) Image search: [Google]
ddio gentry.png
329 KB, 721x849
From a year ago when maybe they could have been planning it if you want to believe

I need it to be him
>>
Grant Morrison
>>
>>81178087
It could be. Looking at the hand, it appears to be covered in some type of glove. It's not bare like Prime's hand was or in a gauntlet like the armor he used to wear.

I'm saying Wally or Booster. Probably old Wally as an antithesis to Barry as Flashpoint's catalyst.
>>
>Wally calls out to the League and Pre-FP Supes
>The League reaches out to Wally
>They see the hand and pull
>Superboy Prime stands with a grin on his face and Wally's costume in the other
>>
>>81178087
>>81179251
If it's a Flash it's probably another Barry. We haven't seen the one from COIE yet that escaped Convergence.

If you want Wally you need to hope for the huge Titans spoiler they couldn't tell us about yesterday
>>
>The League reaches out to the hand
>they pull out Wally, with Prime right behind him
>>
They pull a grant Morrison and say the hand belongs to you the fans and that it was your voice that led to rebirth and the changes. That you called for and pulled back the dc lineup from the brink of disaster.
>>
>>81178052
It looks like Dr. Manhattan
>>
>>81178052
>yfw it's Reed Richards, Multiversal God
>Come to warn the heroes of a great threat that requires the alliance of [several] world's greatest heroes
>JLA/Avengers II, coming fall 2016
>>
It's Zack Snyder
>>
>>81181971
>SBP is going to kill Wally
>No one except Pre-FP Supes and Lois will remember him
>>
>>81182678
>Wally acts as a Herald to SBP, and only old Supes and Lois believe him at first
>>
>>81182763
>Wally becomes the new Pariah
>His appearance means death
>Wally becomes the new Black Raser
>>
>>81178052
That's Storm from the X-men, coming to take the Justice League over to Marvel comics
>>
>>81182799
>TWO black racer Wally Wests
>>
>>81182582
god I want to believe
>>
>>81178052
I've fallen off the DC wagon.

Who's the Green Lantern girl with the goofy eyepatch-looking thing?
>>
>>81182864
The fastest kek alive
>>
>>81182946

Jessica Cruz.
>>
So I have to ask, been out of the loop, aside from costume and creative team changes, what is Rebirth? An event? A reboot? Rebranding? What's hapening?
>>
>>81183630
rebranding. It's DC's 'All New, All Different'
>>
>>81183630
Creative team musical chairs. Renumber for those high selling issue ones. Bimonthly shipping for most books. And a line wide price drop back to 2.99 for all books including the 80 page one shot.
>>
>>81183691
>>81183696
Cool. Thanks for the solid answers.
>>
>>81183696

I'd say it's more renumbering because they have pretty much no readership right now and if they had just done a rebranding like, for example, "One Year Later" or "Brightest Day" it wouldn't have really drawn many readers in.

But honestly I fear Marvel already bursted this bubble for them and they've lost nearly all their good faith.
>>
>>81183866
How bad is their readership right now. I know if a book falls below 15k it's on notice. It seems 10k is usually the canceled number.
>>
>>81184097

Pretty bad. DC has this stigma as being "the wrong company" to like and that really does hurt them.
>>
>>81178052
Pandoram if that character is still around,
>>
>>81184128
Yeah I just looked up the last two months and with the exception of batman justice league and Harley Quinn marvel pretty much holds the top sellers all the way down to the 40th book sold on the list.

Dc is sitting in the low 20k to 15k for their books. Makes sense why they're pushing this. Another month or two with those numbers and they'd be forced to reboot and try a clean slate.
>>
>>81184249

DC's other issue is that their A-listers do not have strong books right now outside of arguably Batman. Rebirth needs to establish and fix this.
>>
>>81184128
>>81184249

Ironic, isn't it? I'm a Marvelfag but it seems like DC has better writers and artists and generally has more traditional superhero fare, yet does really poorly, but Marvel with the shitty writers and Tumblr artists and infinite events and incessant MCU/Tumblr/"new fan" pandering is killing it.
>>
File: 1457273963610.gif (122 KB, 218x314) Image search: [Google]
1457273963610.gif
122 KB, 218x314
>>81182864
>>
>>81184520

I generally want to like both companies but as Marvel stands now I can't do it. I'm reading a few books but they just read like they're holding off for the event.

Power Man and Luke Cage is one of the first ones I've read in a while that feels like it has real soul and heart behind it. Like you can tell Walker cares about those two and the books is really fun. It's not flawless, but it's got a spirit behind it. Though Vision is great, and Totally Awesome Hulk is okay. But TAH would be just bland without Cho's art. Everything modern Marvel I read feels bland.

Meanwhile at least DC's bad books make me feel something, and the great books get me excited.

I just can not grasp why people are currently reading books like Wolverine and Nova over Omega Men, Prez, and Midnighter.
>>
>>81178052
It's Brainiac, current universe turns out to be bottled and we go back to preflashpoint continuity.
>>
>>81184624
>I cannot grasp why people are reading books like AAA-lister and heavily promoted B-lister over three complete unknowns

Quality needs a heavy push to succeed if the character is unknown.

DC is not as good as marketing.
>>
>>81178052

DOES EVERYTHING COME BACK TO CRISIS? FUCK FUCK FUCK. THEY DO THAT ONCE EVERY FUCKING FIVE YEARS WE GET ANOTHER VERSION

FUCK FUCK FUCK

COME THE FUCK ON DC. DO SOMETHING FUCKING DIFFERENT,
>>
>>81184718
>crisis 1 was in 1985 (CoIE)
>crisis 2 was in 2005 (Infinite)
>crisis 3 was in 2008 (Final (lol))
>crisis 4 was in 2011 (Flashpoint)
>crisis 5 was in 2015 (Convergence)
>crisis 6 in 2016???

It's supposed to be a roughly three-year interval, DC! You're not Marvel, don't do this shit annually!
>>
>>81184702
>DC is not as good as marketing.

How can they be when Quesada out guns and destroys all their marketing?

Until DC just stopped marketing all together everything they did was met with Marvel topping them and stealing their thunder.

And those three books were receiving rave reviews and winning awards. Omega Men got a huge fanpush to bring it back that resulted in not helping it's sales at all.

And on top of that how can DC market when comic sites are against them? When The Mary Sue writes a snuff piece about how your diversity push is "trying to hard to make you look good" you know you can't fucking win.
>>
>>81184773

We're just doing a Rebirth one shot and nothing else.

No event. No Crisis.
>>
>>81184773
Only Crisis and Flashpoint were reboots
>>
>>81184773
>Convergence
>Crisis
Some shitty Crisis it is when it has no New Gods.
>>
>>81184833
Never said reboot, just crisis. Infinite wasn't a reboot, nor was Final.

>>81184828
It was just meant to poke fun at what the other anon mentioned, I'm aware it probably won't be a crisis.
>>
>>81184855
But Convergence had the the new gods of the fifth world
>>
>>81184896
Yeah, I know. Annoys me how everyone was used and they just did fucking nothing.
>>
>>81178052

Why is the lightning creating Supermans cape? Is it just poorly drawn or does this mean something?
>>
>>81184808
>Until DC just stopped marketing all together everything they did was met with Marvel topping them and stealing their thunder.

I think being drowned out but still having good marketing is better than having marketing give up and not do shit to promote titles that could reach all-new, all-different audiences.
>>
>>81178052
Also, that hand above Ollie... it's Frankenstein's?
>>
>>81179346
The Flash writer ALSO had a huge spoiler he joked about not being allowed to tell us about or Geoff would kill him at that panel though.
>>
>>81184927
Why would you think it's creating it? It's just going around the shape
>>
>>81184962

The shape just doesn't look right to me man
>>
>>81184520
>it seems like DC has better writers and artists and generally has more traditional superhero fare, yet does really poorly

The thing is, the older audience that is attracted to traditional superhero fare was basically told "go fuck yourselves, we don't need you" by the Nu52 reboot, so since they can never get the tumblrcunts on their side, their only other chance to compete is ALSO not there because they lost all faith and goodwill with them.

Like y'know how there are people who STILL won't read Spider-Man because of One More Day? Imagine if that happened to an ENTIRE company.

They need to earn those people back and it seems like Rebirth is the first time in five fucking years they're bothering to try...and a lot of people still don't trust it to be what they've been waiting for because all we have right now are vague hints and little teases like "The costumes don't look like retarded armor anymore and JSA is gonna be a thing again and Ollie will have a beard and there's more in the same vein we swear but we don't want to spoil it, please believe in us"
>>
>>81184773
Flashpoint and Convergence were no Crisis.
>>
>>81185299
Flashpoint fulfilled the actual narrative function of a Crisis story more than Final Crisis did.

A Crisis is a story that reshuffles multiversal continuity. FC was just a summer event book.
>>
>>81182582
after the shitshow that's BvS maybe they're planning to give the rights back to Marvel to make at least decent movies
>>
>>81184808
Reminder. The Mary Sue heavily criticized DC You for not being that diverse in their talent (Despite being the total fucking opposite) and then praises Marvel for having writers like Jason Aaron and Bendis IN THE SAME FUCKING ARTICLE.
>>
>>81178368
Thanks now I'm mad.
>>
>>81178052
For some reason Hal grabbing with both hands instead of just one like everybody else cracks me up
>>
It's Godspeed. Wally is Godspeed. Screencap this.
>>
>>81190488
>Wally is hand on cover
>Wally is Godspeed
>Wally is forgotten Titan
Make up your mind already.
>>
>>81190518
Wally is Darkseid. Wally is.
>>
>>81190518

I thought that they were setting up Roy to be secretly Wally in Titans. Red hair, "Speedy," the forgotten Titan, etc.
>>
>>81184773
You forgot about Zero Hour.
>>
>>81190548
Wally is hypercrisis
>>
>>81183630
>>81183691
>>81183696
>>81183765
You guys realize this is PR right? Asking questions that can be answered with a simple Google search in order to create "buzz" about an event while gauging reactions and making people identify with it more by "explaining" it.
>>
My guess.
>>
The Flash and Titans solicits that just came out say to read the Rebirth oneshot, so they are certainly making me THINK it's Wally.
>>
>>81190929
Not that you aren't a paranoid weirdo, but if that were true, when the event is "Didio and Lee realized they fucked everything up and are finally letting Geoff fix it", I see nothing wrong with helping them do their job.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.