[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: nice guy.jpg (18 KB, 419x239) Image search: [Google]
nice guy.jpg
18 KB, 419x239
Why do you hate him?
>>
File: noidea.png (212 KB, 798x449) Image search: [Google]
noidea.png
212 KB, 798x449
>>81177212
>>
>>81177212
He caused a pointless love triangle. I don't mind him being bland. Bland is fine sometimes. But Daria resenting Jane for a number of episodes bugged me.
>>
>>81177212

because he seems like a normal kid, goes to parties, gets laid, has friends, even made Daria wet despite her being the most picky girl ever.

while on the other side we are who we are.
>>
>>81177212

I just didn't like Daria as a show. I still don't.
>>
>>81177212
It's been a long time since I watched the show but he seemed like a boring knob who wasn't that compatible with Daria. Also caused a lot of drama.
>>
>>81177379
>Also caused a lot of drama.
It was Daria that caused the drama. The entire show after season 1 was about how dumb as shit and close minded Daria was.
>>
>>81177465
As I said, it's been a long time since I watched it, I haven't seen it since I was 11-ish, I just remember him being involved.
>>
>>81177212
mostly because he's voiced by paul rudd.
>>
He's not Trent, that's why.
>>
>>81177884
/thread
>>
>>81177884
That love triangle would have been far more entertaining.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x761
>>
>>81177212
He's a Scientologist.
>>
>>81177884
Trent was shit.
>>
He ruined an entertaining show.
>>
>>81177212
i don't. he was okay.
>>
>>81177281
>But Daria resenting Jane for a number of episodes bugged me.

Wasn't it the other way around?
>>
>>81177212
I actually liked Tom.
>>
>>81179021
trent was bae <3
>>
>>81181989
Daria was upset when Tom and Jane started dating because she was jealous of Tom for getting attention from her best friend, and jealous of Jane for dating a guy she was attracted to.

Later, Jane was upset because Daria was dating her ex
>>
he exists only to deflect Daria and Jane shipping.
>>
>>81182106
>Jane was upset because Daria was dating her ex

More because they hadn't really broken up when Daria made her move.
>>
>>81177212
I don't.
>>
>>81177212

I don't hate him, his personality, while a little bland, was open minded and kind enough to be able to change Daria for the better, while still being able to make a joke or two.

Only big problem is that he has basically no character of his own, he only really acts as a foil to Daria/Jane.

They could have done better actually giving him more character but as it stands, he's just a little boring on his own.
>>
daria thread? daria thread
>>
Honestly, he seems like the most uninteresting person alive, but I think that's what they were going for.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.