[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Family Guy too mean-spirited?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Is Family Guy too mean-spirited?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>81176730
Who cares?
It's not funny, that's the problem
>>
>>81176730
No. They just aren't especially funny.
>>
>getting triggered by family guy
>2016

please have sex
>>
Macfarlane has done literally everything he has wanted to do with this show along with American Dad as well and would really appreciate Fox quietly cancelling both shows

Sadly this won't happen since normies love the ultra violence.
>>
>>81177383
>current year meme
>>
>>81176730
According to Seth himself, the show's been going too long. He wants it cancelled, but it makes too much money for the network or the audience to let it die.
>>
>>81176730
I'd use the word edgy
>>
Yes.
>>
>Family Guy was a mistake.
t. Seth Macfarlane
>>
File: Buffalolaxative.jpg (54 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Buffalolaxative.jpg
54 KB, 600x400
>>81177408
Macfarlane has always had very little to do with American Dad, he doesn't come up with the episodes, he doesn't write for it. As a matter of fact, when he was asked about the show he straight up said "I don't have much to do with that show, to be honest I don't really get it" or something to that degree. American Dad really isn't his show just because his names on it. And thank god for that.

Also it's not even on Fox anymore.
>>
>>81177854
I get annoyed when people blame Family Guy's current state on Seth when he hasn't had anything to do with it other than the voices in well over a decade.
>>
>>81177898
He OKd its revival, I'm sure he had a big part in it at that point. But Family guy was a dead horse from the very point of its revival. A very popular dead horse.

I loved old Family Guy, Still do, but it was never the same as it used to be since it came back
>>
>>81177357
Exactly
>>
>>81177898
Source?
>>
>>81176730
No? American Dad has the same kinds of offensive jokes, but they're pulled of so much better.

Seth McFarlane is a good idea's guy, but he sucks at execution, namely writing, which in comedy, is the biggest part.
>>
>>81178007
I don't understand why people jerk off early Family Guy, it wasn't as offensively bad but it was the same shit.
>>
>>81177357
Came here to say this
>>
>>81181244
People liked early family guy. Admitting it was shit means admitting they had shit taste
>>
No, it's just not funny and hasn't been for a long time.

It's very similar obviously to the problem The Simpsons has, but FG was never as funny as Simpsons at its prime.

Simpsons, FG, and SP should all probably really finally give it at rest. Also shit, these shows have been around for decades, they're not edgy. Kids I've talked to think of them as shows their mom and dad liked.
>>
>>81176730

It's an old, tired show that's gone on for too long.
>>
>>81176730
What the fuck does that even mean? Is it just random shit to spout about things you don't like like tumblr or cuck?
>>
No. It's too meme-spirited.
>>
>>81181244
Honestly I like modern more. Early family guy was boring and not funny. New family guy is boring and very occasionally funny.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.