[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>almost all double shipped books will almost certainly suffer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 12
>almost all double shipped books will almost certainly suffer inconsistencies from issue to issue due to cycling artists
>WW subverts this by having a different arc for both artists
>for over a year we've had no good WW books
>on June, we'll have two

Rucka Woman II confirmed for best book?
>>
>>81174922
I just wonder how it'll be collected
>>
File: Liam Sharp WW.jpg (795 KB, 985x1500) Image search: [Google]
Liam Sharp WW.jpg
795 KB, 985x1500
>>81174922
Have a bigger image, just because.

>>81175089
I imagine there won't be separate TPBs, as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Rucka has already mentioned that both stories are related.
>>
Someone give me the quick-and-dirty about what's happening with Wondy in Rebirth. I know Rucka's back, but apparently someone else is also going to write her?
>>
>>81174922
I want to know how he deals with all the mythology stuff from Azz and how he is going to clean up the mess from the Finches.
>>
>>81175223
Based on art alone, it looks like War is back from the dead. This doesn't really surprise me; he IS a god, after all. I'm also glad, I fucking loved him in Azz's run.
>>
>>81175202
According to Rich of BC that was Bennett who wrote Angela and DC Bombshells. But she got replaced (after her editor was reportedly fired according to BC). And now Comicsalliance is screaming blood and she is begging for money on Patreon.
>>
>>81175202
No, what's happening is that Rucka is writing but with the bi-weekly format we have Wonder Woman:The Lies one issue with Liam Sharp on art then next issue we have Wonder Woman: Year One with Nicola Scott which seems to be what Rucka wanted to do with WW:Earth One.

The 2 stories will ties togethor apparently
>>
>>81175258
Didn't he saw there would be flashbacks? I thought that war's appearance might be one of these.
>>
File: Wonder Woman 10.jpg (407 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman 10.jpg
407 KB, 500x750
>>81175260
>Rucka came in and blew Bennett the fuck out

Oh I'm so happy. Maybe DC DOES care about Wonder Woman fans.
>>
>>81175378
With BvS out and blowing ass but Wondy getting so much love your damn right they're gonna push Wondy for her film
>>
>>81175223
I'm super excited for Rucka to get his hands on Azz's Hera. She was my second-favorite character in his run and I think she's in great hands with Rucka.
>>
File: WW SKills.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WW SKills.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
>>81175378

They have to actually try with WW now that her movie is coming out. Can't just throw on shitty live-journal writers anymore.
>>
>>81175405
Rucka's one of the only writers who makes the Olympians not obnoxious and actually interesting to watch.

I have no idea why people are afraid he'll revert Ares back to cliche supervillainy. Well, I guess the people bitching didn't actually read his run.
>>
>>81175153
I am worried that Rucka is going to fuck up New 52 Ares and turn him evil, he even looks like old Ares in here.

Also is the brunette suppose to be Hyppolita?
>>
>>81175404
>>81175525
They already have the SJWs a chance in Sensation Comics, it was awful, Bennett is contained in Bombshells.so it's all good.
>>
>>81175652
I don't have any worries about that. The relationship between Ares and Diana from the Azz run seems like a good one for Rucka to take on. He and she weren't exactly enemies in Rucka's old run, either.
>>
>>81174922
>WW subverts this
What? Every bi-weekly was announced with at least two artists, some with three
>>
>>81175726

Nobody cares about Sensation comics. Its a containment book.
>>
>>81175089
In 7-8 months after it starts due to then being separate stories probably.

That's why DC can't have all of them being like Wonder Woman. They need to get more trades out to justify the double shipping.
>>
>>81175652
I think the brunette is Hera, actually. It looks like Rucka is going to keep Azz's Olympians, or at least their appearances. Ares has the ram horns from the Azz run.
>>
>>81175820
He means that WW is sub-verting it by having two different stories being published at the same time
All of Wonder Woman: The Lies will be Sharp
All of Wonder Woman: Year One will be Scott
But they will be releasing in rotation. Its honestly the smartest think Rucka/DC did and more books should be like that as opposed to
Green Arrow: Bullshittery 50% of issues Ferraya 50% of issues Dinah with a dick
>>
>>81175734
Diana didn’t exactly like him eitheir and it was obvious he had villanous intentions and was played as a cunning manipulator so no one had proof of what he but they knew he wasn't to be tristed.

New 52 Ares and Diana have a closer connection and she was upset when she killed him to become God of War just so the First Born couldn’t get his powers.

I'll give Rucka the benefit of the doubt because he's a good writer but like I said Ares in that image looks more like his older self and Rucka is making a storyline called "The Lies" so he might be retconning some shit, hopefully it's just Rapeazons amd Zeus's daughter WW shit.
>>
>>81175917
I'm even angrier now that the Finches fucking killed the male Amazons, I bet Rucka could have done some cool shit with them, even if he changed their origins.
>>
>>81175820
Wonder Woman is going to have two different stories paralleling each other. One story on odd issues, another on even issues. This way the art is consistent for each story whereas on the normal biweeklies you'll be getting two artists on the same story.
>>
>>81175260
>And now Comicsalliance is screaming blood
Source on that my negro.
Alao find it hilarious that Comicalliance's firmer worker is currently one of the best Editor at DC.
>>
>>81175917

I don't think he'll be allowed to retcon Daughter of Zeus with the movie coming out.
>>
>>81175839
People did care and it was awful, sold like shit, DC took note and it's gone now.

Wonder Woman 77 on the other hand was good so it was kept but mainly because the Lynda Carter fans are buying it so I guess it is making DC a profit.
>>
>>81175951
Rucka can bring them back of he wants to, but yeah that shit was dumb.

Can't have icky guys in the island of women!
>>
>>81175960
http://comicsalliance.com/marguerite-bennett-patreon-dc-rebirth-wonder-woman/

>But as Geoff Johns introduced Rucka as one of his best friends, it was hard not to think about the Old Boys’ Club that is comics. Whether Bennett was considered for the job or not, it’s inescapable that mainstream comics would rather give a job to a middle-aged man who had an acclaimed run on the same character years ago, rather than a young woman who might bring something entirely new and unexpected to the book.
>>
>>81175960
http://comicsalliance.com/marguerite-bennett-patreon-dc-rebirth-wonder-woman/

Sob story about muh patriarchy and old boys club. Never minding the fact that Rucka was on the outs with DiDio and DC or that he is not a WASP either.
>>
>>81176060
>>81176117
How Khouri was found in this shithole?
>>
>>81176117
Neither is Johns, they're just sort of using it to mean white guys and Johns and Rucka are white enough for them
>>
>>81175983
Pretty sure it ended when the run was over. The Superman weekly of that format ended at that length as well.
>>
>>81175839
>>81175983
It was an anthology

It changed writers either every chapter or every issue

It got cancelled at #17 just like Superman's anthology was, because they don't sell too well in any format. Too unpredictable in creative teams and plots, and they often put new writers and artists on it.
>>
>>81176175
Flinging shit and editing comics are two unrelated skillsets.
>>
>>81176179
Too bad he's probably the one white male writer they can't pull this shit on. He's written more good female and gay characters than any female writer has.
>>
I hope they dont destroy everything from the Azz run, I liked Ares' interpretation there as well as Olympian family shenanigans.. which is just Azz anyway.
>>
>>81176060
This is particularly bad because they ignore that Johns and Rucka have a lasting relationship from having worked on 52 for a year together. That project was unlike any other. All those guys came out brothers.
>>
>>81175951
>>81176028
Killing the Gargareans accomplished nothing because there's no story in it. Hell, Simone had an arc where the Amazons and Gargareans learned to get along.

>>81176667
I'm so damn tired of the Olympians. There is other stuff in Greek myth besides a bunch of inbred hicks bickering.
>>
>>81176667
Honestly, Azz's Wonder Woman felt more like an Elseworlds. It had pretty much no involvement in anything New 52 related while it was going. If Rucka retcons his stuff they should just turn Azz's run into a 'graphic novel' so that Wonder Woman has some standalone stories like Batman and Superman.
>>
>>81176874
The meetings with all of them were probably something real special.
>>
>>81176667
Meh, I could take or leave Azz's take on the olympians. Only Hera was particularly interesting, and only because she was the only one to get any character development
>>
>>81176927
>Azzverse where amazons are terrible people and Diana has no normal rogues and has a bigger connection with the new gods via Orion
>Azz/Chiang omnibus
I'd be okay with this
>>
>>81177054
Azz's run is barely even a superhero book. It feels more like Hellboy than anything, which I always thought was cool because Hellboy and Hellboy-type characters are rad as fuck. I love that fantasy horror style of story.
>>
>>81177054
Make it All Star Wonder Woman or something. With Chiang's different take on the Greek God's designs and the overall contained storyline, it never felt like something within continuity.
>>
>>81176060
Pretty sure Bennett will shut this article up, she has a good relationship with DC and she won't want to jeopardize that especially since she has nore pull with them than Marvel.
>>
>>81177054
Same here, give me an omnibus and I'm good to go, maybe later if Azz decides to do WW again let him continue from were he left off on an Elseworld fashion.
>>
>>81177258
She's already playing nice on twitter about stuff, pumping up Bombshells and giving Rebirth some hype.
>>
>>81176060
DC can never do anything right in their eyes huh?
>>
>>81177047
They looked cool, at least.

That was actually one of the things that always bugged me about Rucka's original run. There are some standouts, but overall the character design is kind of... lame. I get that that was sort of the point, showing how so many of the Olympians were out of touch with the modern world, but they just didn't look cool enough for my liking.
>>
>>81177469
The author of that article has a bunch of special hateboners, including the idea that GL: Rebirth couldn't possibly have appealed to new readers.
>>
>>81176874
>All those guys came out brothers.
Then Johns cucked Waid and Morrison over Shazam, screwed Waid over Flash and Morrison cucked Cucka over Earth one. Truly inspiring.
>>
>>81177826
>not fighting with your bros

You forgot Johns cucking Waid on LoSH too. He and Moz came out on top for sure.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mzh2npWuF11rjm3a5.png (269 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mzh2npWuF11rjm3a5.png
269 KB, 500x375
>>81177826
This guy's a chicken I tell ya!
>>
>>81177826
That sounds like brotherly love to me
>>
>>81177894
Oh yeah. I really think Waid fucked himself over there. If he was nice and all with the editorial post Infinite Crisis, he would be on Superman alongside Rucka. It feels like Waid isn't even on speaking terms with Johns now.
>>
>>81177944
>>81177917
I'm really just memeing
>>
>>81177991
Waid's not on speaking terms with the entirety of DC.
>>
>>81178024
Harras needs to leave
>>
>>81178024
He does fellate Morrison every chance he gets. And he's on speaking terms with few creators like Simone and Snyder but I know what you mean.
>>
>>81178024
I don't know. They're collecting his Flash run this year, which means they probably talked to him about it.
>>
>>81178088
Absolutely true.

DC would probably be in a much better place right now if not for him.
How the fuck did he even get the job?
>>
>>81178132
Actually I don't think they say anything ahead of time. I remember Rucka being surprised when people told him about the Gotham Central omnibus.
>>
>>81177652
I looked at her twitter because as a comics fan I'm a masochist at heart.
But god damn, man.
>>
>>81178170

he's a plant by Disney.50% of Didio's days are spent shadowing him to make sure he doesnt sabotage the company entirely like a weird Spy vs Spy comic
>>
>>81178241
Every other day Didio has to diffuse a comically large bomb.

One time he reenacted that scene from the Adam West Batman movie and everyone had a good laugh.
>>
>>81178203
Link mah mugga
>>
>>81178241
>>81178293
would read/10

And now I'm once again disappointed that the show Powerless they're doing about mundane DCU life isn't a show about the DC offices like what the first blurb made it seem like it could be before I read it again.
>>
>>81175951
>>81176028
This was already retconned kinda in Wonder Woman annual, the entire book was basically a big apology cleaning up finch's own mess. They said only SOME of the men were killed but there's still a bit of them alive even though it looked like they were all killed.
>>
File: 1459024627798.jpg (205 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
1459024627798.jpg
205 KB, 1060x1500
Rucka talked about it a bit here.
http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/141734737228/explication-and-elaboration

>Please note that Diana is smiling.
>Because she does that.
Based as fuck.
>>
>>81176874
This is what most people don't realize about "old boys clubs". You generally have to go through the grinder together to end up as brothers.
>>
>>81178325
Her name is Elle Collins.

Just a tumblr stereotype. "DC sucks" this and "cis people" that.

>>81178424
>Based as fuck
I think you mean cute as fuck.
>>
>>81178424
Oh no. oh no, stop this

this is TOO CUTE
>>
>>81176060

that article's not wrong, it's just that this is the exception that proves the rule
>>
>>81176927
You could've slapped the Vertigo logo on it and no one would've realized.
>>
>>81178424
>>81174922

THIS IS TERRIBLE
>>
>>81178424
>Legend of WW
>now this

WONDY IS CUTE

C U T E
U
T
E
>>
>>81178491
She's interesting in that she's an old fan who actually knows a ton of comics, not like the people who got into things with Hawkguy and are mad that the comics aren't like the YJ and JLU cartoons, but she's solidly in the Progressive Comics Twitter wing.
>>
As others have said, I hope he doesn't turn Ares into a full villain again. He's much more interesting as someone who's maybe antagonistic but also on good terms with and has an important history with Wondy. Less Doctor Doom and more Magneto.
>>
>>81177652
GL: Rebirth is what got me into Green Lantern and I'm a grill
>>
>>81178424
>Dreamworks face

I kid, I kid
>>
>>81178424
>Q: I thought you hated DC. You’re a terrible hypocrite, and I will never read anything you write ever again.

>I never hated DC. I had enormous problems with my relationship with them for a long time, ultimately bruising enough that I didn’t work for them for seven years (not counting a short-story for American Vampire, as Scott Snyder’s request, and writing Kate, Renee, and Helena for two issues in Convergence). I feel they did badly by me. I am certain they feel I did poorly by them.

>When I was offered this job, I discussed it extensively with my family, and I discussed it extensively with the people at DC I would be beholden to and working with. The result of all those conversations was such that I felt sufficiently assured to try again. Everyone is trying to make right.

>And they were offering me the chance to write for Diana.

>I am 46 years old, and have learned the hard way that making absolute declarations often leads to having to eat your words somewhere down the line. If the fact that I have changed in the last seven years, and that DC’s relationship with me has similarly changed, does not seem a fair reason to return to write stories for Diana… I do not know what to tell you other than you are entitled to your opinion, and I think you’ll be missing out on some good comics.

They better not fuck this up.
>>
>>81178610
This

The biggest GL fags I know are girls including myself and they all like Rebirth
>>
>>81178610
Yeah, I've read a lot of people who've said that. A friend of mine in the same position was really pissed by that dismissive argument.

http://comicsalliance.com/geoff-johns-dc-rebirth/

>There’s a lot to unpack here, but let’s start with the Green Lantern: Rebirth comparison. Maybe it’s true that a new reader could understand that mini-series. It’s hard for me to answer that, because I read it as a lifelong Green Lantern fan. But my question is, why would a new reader want to read Green Lantern: Rebirth, when the entire premise was, “The white guy who’s not on the Justice League cartoon is Green Lantern again. Isn’t that exciting?”

that's a nice way to dismiss a whole bunch of people, just because you're still mad that Mosaic got cancelled.
>>
>>81178424
I forgot that Rucka has a webcomic.
>>
>>81178659
>when the entire premise was, “The white guy who’s not on the Justice League cartoon is Green Lantern again. Isn’t that exciting?”

Well, gee, when you put it like THAT.
>>
>>81178659
>"The white guy who got royally fucked over in a decade-old story line is Green Lantern again. Isn’t that exciting?”
yes bitch it was
>>
>>81178659
>that's a nice way to dismiss a whole bunch of people, just because you're still mad that Mosaic got cancelled.
To be fair, that was bullshit.
>>
>>81176060
>You'd rather give someone experienced the job than someone who is not
This is literally how being hired works for anything everywhere with minor exception
>>
>>81177047
Strife was the best though
>>
>>81178647
Damn that's a good, sensible viewpoint. It really does seem like things at DC have changed for the better behind the scenes in the past few years.
>>
>>81181561
> professional comic writers behaving like adults
It's weird how uncommon this seems
>>
>>81176927
>Honestly, Azz's Wonder Woman felt more like an Elseworlds.

That pretty much sums up how I read it... Not to mention every time they tried to bring aspects of Azz into the rest of the New 52 chronology (Be it in Superman/Wonder Woman or that fucking Finch run), shit went tits up
>>
>>81181436
I hope Strife sticks around. The literal goddess of discord and enmity is such a natural Wonder Woman villain I'm surprised Azz was the first to do it.
>>
>>81174922
>for over a year we've had no good WW books
Legend of Wonder Woman has been a good Wonder Woman book.
>>
>>81176060
They gave the book to a woman directly after Azz and they immediately ruined everything.
>>
>>81182285
I think OP was referring to mainline books but yeah... For the longest time, digital was the best place to read Diana...
>>
>>81182315
I'd kill for some characters to get a digital first book of that quality.
>>
>>81182285
>Legend of Wonder Woman
>Wonder Woman '77
>much of Sensation Comics
>even Wonder Woman in Bennet's DC Bombshells book was good

And that's how I survived the Era of the Finches.
>>
>>81182311
Which was ultimately editorial's fault as it was outright irresponsible of them to sign such an inexperienced writer onto such a big name book, even if she was married to one of their most trusted artists (even though his style was completely the wrong fit for the character)

Feminism isn't to blame here, nepotism was
>>
>>81182390
Well Renae and Ray have expressed on Twitter that they want to do more "Legend Of" series for other DC characters, which is why I'm throwing all my money at the LOWW floppies and eventual collection
>>
>>81182464
>even though his style was completely the wrong fit for the character
I think David Finch could work for Wonder Woman, but he'd need to be with a writer who is both competent enough to give him direction as well as powerful enough to keep Finch from fucking off and ignoring said direction.

Unfortunately, there are very few writers who'd fit that bill, and fewer women writers, barring maybe Simone.
>>
>>81182572
I just hate how he drew her face the entire run. It's a shallow complaint, but it really bothered me.
>>
>>81182605
Well yeah, I'm assuming/fantasizing that there'd be someone who could say "no, she's not a pouting 14-year-old" to him, and have him actually listen. Still, there's a ton of artists in DC's stables that can ape Finch's house style or do it better, so it's a shame he was involved in the first place.
>>
>>81182572
I was honestly hoping that G. Valentine would be given Rebirth WW before Rucka was announced

>>81182605
Not a shallow complaint at all... David stumbled horribly in conveying Diana's emotions outside of the far-too frequent crying scenes
>>
>>81182770
>I was honestly hoping that G. Valentine would be given Rebirth WW before Rucka was announced
I was sad to not see her on a DC title, but I am completely on board with her doing Xena.
>>
>>81182770
I'd like to believe Valentine would work well with Wonder Woman, but I'd want to see if she could work with the tone and genre first.
>>
>>81182770
I wanted Valentine on Batman and King on GL
>>
Yeah, taking advantage of double-shipping in this fashion is the most inspired thing I'm seeing out of DC Rebirth so far. I'm still not going to get sucked back into floppies, but hot damn am I ready for those expedited trades.
>>
>>81176667
>I hope they dont destroy everything from the Azz run

This is basically confirmed to happen. Rucka's hinted that Diana's past isn't what she thinks it is. The first arc is literally called, "The Lies".

So yeah, retcons ahoy.
>>
>>81183050
Putting out trades faster is definitely something that should have been higher on their priority list for a while.
>>
>>81183166
They've been trying that with DCYou to an extent, but to be quite honest it still isn't fast enough for my tastes. The industry is at the point where they need to graduate from floppies fast, and I don't really see why they couldn't try and adopt a publishing schedule where they put a trade out like, the month after the full material therein. Like, let's say an arc is #1-6, put the trade for that arc out alongside #7.

Would this not work?
>>
>>81182802
Yeah, it's disappointing that they're not doing too good a job of retention when it comes to Mark Doyle's acquisitions. Valentine was absolutely phenomenal, and Fawkes did a very strong job on Gotham by Midnight. Not to mention all the artists he curried favor with.
>>
>>81183206
Considering Image's non-stop growth and success and that's more or less the way they put out trades, yes, it most definitely works.
>>
>>81183249
The thing is, DC is a different beast than Image, and has to contend with Diamond.

How can we kill Diamond?
>>
>>81174922
I think at least a couple of the books will take this aproach. I don't remember exactly but I seem to recall that was the impression I got from the presentation.
>>
>>81183273
Can we get mozzies or troubled youths to attack them?
>>
>>81183273
The only reason Diamond is still alive is walking dead merch, apparently.
>>
>>81183611
KIRKMAAAAAN
>>
>>81178491
Holy shit, she sounds like an absolute cunt.
https://twitter.com/AnotherElle/status/713844328804847617
>>
>>81175153
>>81174922
Diana's face looks vaguely Greg Land-esque here. It's unsettling.
>>
>>81184089
>HOW DARE A MAN PRAISE A FEMALE CHARACTER?!

Jeebuz
>>
>>81177826
>screwed Waid over Flash

Waid's second run on Flash was floundering though. The pulled the Barry Rebirth trigger specifically because the book needed saving.
>>
>>81184089
Why are we paying attention to the opinions of someone who reads and compliments the writing in Dave Willis's webcomic?
>>
>>81181696
Especially at Marvel, holy fuck.
>>
>>81184089
She also got super mad at Bendis for dismissing movie critics as irrelevant necause BvS still made money despite their bad reviews or something.
>>
>>81184318
>these are the people at comics "review" and "news" cites
good fucking lord, if I was her boss and I saw that she'd be canned instantly unless Willis is like her sister's husband or something
>>
File: 1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif (2 MB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif
2 MB, 350x233
>>81184089
>She/her or they/them, either is fine.
>>
>>81184089
Pretty sure there was a comic were Mxyzptlk shows Clark and Lois their possible future daughter, also Cir-El explored that idea even if she wasn't, then there's Injustice.

Besides you can't do Super Sons with a daughter it would be "Super Daughter and Bat Son"
>>
>>81184672

Bendis really said that?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-01-10-13-1.png (317 KB, 1080x1499) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-01-10-13-1.png
317 KB, 1080x1499
>>81184793
This one will trigger /co/ also dis bitch haaaaaates Geoff Johns, good thing the Cereal Lord doesn’t acknowledge lesser beings.
>>
>>81184817
According to her twitter, but who knows what Bendis actually said.
>>
>>81184672
OP here and I stand by that she's an absolute cunt but if I did something for living and someone said I'm and what I'm doing is irrelevant, I would lose my shit too. Professional criticism is an entity that has place in any form of entertainment and media.
>>
>>81184857

Critics are fascists anon
>>
I'm so fucking happy with this art team.
Cliff was great but too bare minimum and cartoony for me personally.
Appareciate the detail of Finch but way too inconsistent.

Sharp is exactly what this book needs.
>>
>>81184825
Well Johns didn't make him cool, that is true. Johns just let everyone know how cool he was. Not many faggots would bother realising that Peter David's run exist.
>>
>>81184894
This. Aquaman's been cool for over two decades, now.
>>
>>81184089
I really want to know how many pro DC articles this bitch published when DC was in diversity era.
>>81184263
Actually Waid didn't give a fuck because it wasn't given a chance. It was always supposed to be a placeholder run until Rebirth.
>>81184318
Because she's a critic to one of the bigger comic website. Although that site is a trash and I don't even know how Khouri was found in that trash.
>>81184817
https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/status/714214062473646080
>>81184890
Disagree.
>>
>>81176060
Not like Bennet was selected on her talent alone and had connections with a star writer at DC.
>>
>>81185195
That bitch has more cynicism than a /co/ thread discussing DCEU future and and ANAD Marvel combined. She has it in for DC and for Marvel. Not sure her articles actually reflect marvel hate because those are on comicalliance.
>>
>>81184825
Casual here, didn't he make Mera and Orm more popular?
>>
>>81185107
>Bendis defending a Hack Snyder movie
Not surprising. He knows first hand how bad reviews don't mean bad sales.
>>
>>81184825
>>Insufferable cunt bag makes a stupid statement
>>white doormats with tiny dicks line up to crawl up her ass in agreement
>>It happens as often as someone is born or dies.
Sure love how social media has made the world a better place.
>>
>>81185107
>one of the bigger comic website

That's an interesting way of describing a marginalized sector of a marginalized industry but the one thing it doesn't do is make this cunt's opinions relevant to anything in the world so maybe if you'd get back to ignoring her existance like the other 7 billion people on Planet Earth are, you'd be less upset.
>>
>>81185396
He definitely did make Aquaman as a whole popular among casuals.
>>
>>81185396
He definitely upped Mera's visibility. Writers before him always had them constantly estranged or divorced so they could keep her offscreen and not acknowledge her existence for some odd reason.
>>
>>81185583
She was the best part about that run.
>>
>>81184672
Bendis liked BvS?Jesus Christ.
>>
>>81175153
Isn't that LITERALLY the movie costume?
Seriously?
>>
>>81175089
>wonder
BRAVO NOLAN
>>
File: guy.png (201 KB, 449x530) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
201 KB, 449x530
>>81176060
>It was an exciting idea for Wonder Woman’s future. Bennett’s books are full of fun new ideas, queer characters, and women kicking lots of ass, all of which seem like things Wonder Woman needs.
>>
>>81186701
Its the best costume shes had in years.
Its not like Marvel where theyre getting rid of good onrs.
Also its slightlh different, bracers instead of gauntlets etc.
>>
>>81174922
Remember when Azzarello/Chiang Wonder Woman was loved throughout all of /co/? And now Rucka comes in and retcons that run away to do his own thing.
>>
>>81185107
>Bendis liked BvS

Welp, it's settled, BvS is shit
>>
File: 1254577-wwhikev.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1254577-wwhikev.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
Why do people like Rucka?

Hiketeia was fucking garbage and you fags say it's essential WW reading.
>>
>>81188400
You're garbage.
>>
>>81188400
Garbage how? If you explain why you don't like it then maybe someone else can explain to you why they do like it.
>>
>>81188400
Hiketeia wasn't garbage, it was just sort of contrived

>>81187594
we have no confirmation that Azz/Chiang WW is going to be retconned away. Besides, Finch already shat all over that and left Diana in the dumbest fucking place.

If anything the best move would be to retcon Finch away and reinstate the Azz stuff.
>>
>>81183241
>Yeah, it's disappointing that they're not doing too good a job of retention when it comes to Mark Doyle's acquisitions. Valentine was absolutely phenomenal, and Fawkes did a very strong job on Gotham by Midnight. Not to mention all the artists he curried favor with.

Sorry, but Fawkes and Valentine were probably the weakest of the Snyder people that DC has. Arguably better than Lobdell or Jurgens, but really compared to guys like King or Orlando they don't hold a candle.
>>
>>81187594
>And now Rucka comes in and retcons that run away to do his own thing.

a) every WW run ever

b) someone needs to clean up the shit the Finches left. Currently I think Rucka will keep most of the mythology shit since it fits the angle he moved her. I just think the more controversial aspects (the rapezons) will be pushed to the back.
>>
>>81189890
Not him, but it relied on both WW and Batman being completely OOC. The concept of the hiketeia is fucking stupid in the first place. I get what Rucka was trying to show, but he went about in the most contrived way possible. It was difficult to read.
>>
>>81190107
>a) every WW run ever
That's not a good argument. If anything it just makes matters worse.
>>
>>81190076
They're not "Snyder people", you ignorant buffoon.
>>
>>81190249
Fawkes is, isn't he?

Valentine isn't
>>
>>81190249
Marguerite Bennett was one of Snyder's students from his career as creative writing teacher. So yes she is one of "his people"/
>>
>>81190227
That is just how the WW comics has worked since even post-Marstons.
>>
>>81190302
Valentine isn't
>>
>>81184825
Fuckkkkk that
>>
>>81190290
No, he's not, dum sum. Valentine is a novelist and Fawkes is an indie guy. Even had a comic at Vertigo before Snyder ever did comics.
>>
>>81190327
And it's clearly broke and in need of fixing.
>>
>>81190344
Much of his career trajectory is due to being a back up writer or co-writing for Snyder such as the Riddle One Shot or Batman Eternal, which spun off his Gotham by Midnight. So he is absolute is one of Snyder's.
>>
>>81190368
But it's not a flaw is my point. This has been a thing on the book since Marston died. Rather the problem most fans are concerned with in regards to WW, her sales, can't really be explained off to this feature and are more generally anemic interest from both general DC readers and her fans.
>>
>>81187484
>literally Rucka
Jesus wept
>>
>>81189984
How did it end? I kind of stopped reading when he came on board honestly.
>>
>>81191473
>there are going to be people who don't know about Rucka's works and characters

Now all we need is for people to complain about Priest not writing Cyborg
>>
>>81185583
I'm glad for the change. Modern Mera is fucking great.
>>
>>81190076
Fawkes hit his stride with Gotham By Midnight, though.
>>
>>81191716
Man, I have never been excited for a Deathstroke book but now I can't NOT give it a look-over.
>>
>>81190076
>Snyder people

Um, but no? Yeah King and Orlando are very, very good, but Fawkes and Valentine's stuff matches up tit for tat.

Valentine's Catwoman is just expert-level comic crafting. Each issue told a contained, enjoyable story with a beginning, middle, and end. Nowadays that's fucking HUGE when it comes to plotting. Making an individual issue it's own worthy piece of story within or without the context of the larger story arc is just straight up great plotting, something that a LOT of people don't get anymore. That's not even touching her characterization work, dialogues, or narrative bookending techniques like the Queen Elizabeth letters. Her Catwoman was Top 5 at DC tier at the time it was coming out.

I like Ray Fawkes best when he's writing his own art, but GBM was just a damn solid horror series
>>
>>81192322
>Making an individual issue it's own worthy piece of story within or without the context of the larger story arc is just straight up great plotting, something that a LOT of people don't get anymore.

Comics need more people with actual literary backgrounds/training.
>>
>>81190076
Way better than Lobdell and Jurgens, I don't know what the fuck you're smoking.
>>
>>81192712
You don't need that, you need them to actually read back issues and see short form story telling.
>>
>>81190107
Rucka didn't do any serious retcon of the status quo in his first run, it was still set firmly in the post-COIE Perez version of Wondy. The things Rucka did were an advancement of Perez and company's ideas, not a replacement of them.
>>
>>81176886
I hope they stop making Hades a Satan allegory. It's all anyone does with him.

He's the only Greek God who doesn't start shit for jolly's and just does his job. Hell I think he's the only Greek God who didn't cheat on his wife.

Fucking Azz made him into a kid who tortures his wife and other spouses.
>>
>>81195665
Fuck meant for this to go to >>81177047

Not >>81176886
>>
>>81177047
I hope they stop making Hades a Satan allegory. It's all anyone does with him.

He's the only Greek God who doesn't start shit for jolly's and just does his job. Hell I think he's the only Greek God who didn't cheat on his wife.

Fucking Azz made him into a kid who tortures his wife and other spouses.
>>
>>81174922
damn she looks like with a cape
>>
>>81195836
He was going to once when a nymph tried to seduce him.
Persephone turned her into a mint bush, crushed her to dust, snorted her, then fucked her husband while high off the remains of her rival.

Hades x Persephone is OTP.
>>
>>81195836
which came first, greek or christian mythology?
>>
>>81199056
I hope this is a jocular query.
>>
>>81199056
probably the one that existed way before the other one.
>>
>>81185396
He made Orm better and more interesting than just vengeful Loki 2.0 by making Orm have good intentions and be a guy who loves his brother so dearly that he was willing to invade the surface world to find him and then give up the throne for him.

He is only an antagonist because of a misunderstanding caused by Vulko and because Orm was King of Atlantis (Arthur had renounced the throne by then) and he had to look out for his kingdom's best interest.
>>
>>81175223
I'm hoping that they keep a lot of Chiang's designs for them. War is a little different, but if you give him a beard then he is still similar to the flashback shots of him.
Also, I liked Diana being the God of War. It was a nice dichotomy.
>>
>>81200367
>Also, I liked Diana being the God of War. It was a nice dichotomy.
You mean it would've been a nice dichotomy if ANYONE had actually done anything significant with it.
>>
>>81187594
yeah its called changing writers.
>>
>>81177047
I feel like we need more with the Amazons' patron being Hera, outright villain of a load of Greek myths.

I'd love an arc with Wonder Woman really having to deal with the fallout of Hera's dark side.
>>
>>81200367
It was a cool idea but absolutely a change that couldn't last forever.
>>
>>81201365
Too bad no one did anything interesting with it, hopefully Rucka does.

That said I hope he builds from the previous runs, Finch was shit but she did kind of build from Azzarello even if she fucked it up, I just don't want him to undo everything and start from zero because a lot of WW writers do that and it's one of the things that has hurt the character since she had no defined supporting cast or villains for a long ass time.

Hell now that Cassie is out of TT he can even build up more on her being Lennox's daughter or use that as an excuse to integrate her to Diana's comic, do something good with the character.

That said he said he was going to add Steve Trevor so I guess that's a good start, hopefully Diana and Clark aren't dating anymore.
>>
>>81200744
Rucka may do something with it.
>>
File: Ceq4e2QXIAAafkM.jpg:large.jpg (392 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
Ceq4e2QXIAAafkM.jpg:large.jpg
392 KB, 1024x896
Cropped panel from Sharp, I could kind of see that skirt getting problematic (in the non-tumblr sense) to keep consistently drawn.
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.