[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does the second season have too much gratuitous violence? just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
does the second season have too much gratuitous violence? just violence for violence's sake? I heard about a scene with punisher vs a lot of convicts but haven't gotten to it yet. what do you think /co/?
>>
>>81174201
There hasn't been that much violence at all.
>>
>>81174303
This anon is a liar.
>>
Why don't you finish the season and get back to us?
I don't think you're even half through.
>>
>>81174319
Well I'm only on episode 7.
>>
>>81174201
It's pretty violent, Matt macerates a guy's face in a flashback and Frank kills like 10 people with a combination of blunt force trauma and laceration in the prison.
>>
>>81174201
There's way more people getting shot and stabbed in this season so it makes sense.
>>
>>81174201
You're dealing with Frank, so no, the violence wasn't gratuitous in of itself. The Punisher is all about gratuitous violence, so in that context it wasn't gratuitous for the show. The only bit that really made me wince saying OH THAT SHIT WOULDN'T FLY ON NETWORK TV was Frank's interrogation scene.
>>
>>81174201
There's no guts, but there is PLENTY of blood. Episode 9 is a blood bath.
>>
>>81174436
Stick's torture scene was way worse man. I had to look away.
>>
>>81174436
Actually, it would. You don't remember 24, Anon.
>>
its realistic violence if anything
>>
File: 1452727513447.jpg (149 KB, 339x480) Image search: [Google]
1452727513447.jpg
149 KB, 339x480
>>81174436
I thought DD was going to rescue him before the torture started
>mfw the drill
>>
It was enough to get the British/Irish rating bumped up from 15+ to 18+.
>>
>>81174436
I almost gagged when he fished the razorblade from out of his arm
>>
>>81174700
>>81174436
I'm with this>>81174470 guy, I'll take a power-drill over bamboo under the fingernails.
>>
>>81174201

it's real, and raw, and crude and just how it's supposed to be, and I think it was about fucking time.
>>
>>81174201

It's rating is TV-MA this is the more mature section of the MCU. If you don't like it go back to your Disney friendly Avengers shit... Civil War is coming out pretty soon.
>>
>>81174201
>violence for violence's sake
It's violent, but these are violent people. You really need The Punisher to blow peoples faces off with a shotgun.

The only time the violence felt way out of place on Netflix was Jessica Jones where the dykey lawyer lady crushed the nurse's skull.
>>
>>81174201
There was nothing like the car door scene in S1, so no.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.