[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made Winter Soldier the best Marvel film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
What made Winter Soldier the best Marvel film?
>>
they didnt ruin any pre-established characters
>>
Consistently great leads, great action, intimidating villain via Bucky, and humor that felt more natural
>>
They let the world feel a little bigger by having Batroc in there, but found no need to shoehorn him into the third act of the movie. That's a hard temptation to resist.

That's a small thing, but it's one that I appreciate.
>>
Good character development for characters both old and new, good action sequences, didn't overdo it on the jokes, and made Bucky both intimidating and sympathetic at the same time.
>>
>>81173475
Low expectations. Not even kidding, First Avenger was a solid little film, but I went into this expecting nothing from the filmakers who gave us You, Me and Dupree. And what I got instead was a rock solid action film with superb choreography. Nobody expected it to be so solidly great.
>>
>>81173475

Captain America is the best Marvel character apart from Spider-Man

That's really about it
>>
>>81173475
Thats not Age of Ultron
>>
>>81173979
Their run on Community was super good so that was what I based my expectations on rather than YMaD.
>>
>>81173475
>not a lot of hype
>competent performances
>serious thriller which just happened to have a superhero in it
>interesting well tailored (and not already-chewed-for-the-masses-understanding) story
>AMAZING fighting coreography and action overall
>>
I'd say it's the best Superhero movie ever. Not just marvel.
>>
>>81173475
I have it as the 3rd best currently.
Ironman1 > Ant-Man > Cap2
>>
>>81173475
it's a direct sequel to CA1 and avenger
not something like AoU or BvS that are too focus on MUH CINEMATIC UNIVERSE and stuck all bunch of trailers into one movie
>>
>>81173475
it was basically the Metal Gear Solid Movie
>>
>>81174882

>This meme again

We get it, there were like two similarities
>>
>>81173475
They took an established character, properly updated him for the story and general plot, drastically changed the status quo and had some really cool fight scenes on top of it
>>
>>81173475
Most people went in with zero expectations, it wasn't trying to set up future Marvel movies, it had amazing fight scenes, compelling script, good characterization
>>
>>81174567
>Ant-Man that high
Really?
>>
>>81173475
The plot was a good fit for Captain America's character. How he's all about America's ideals vs how the Government of America or rather they HYDRA parts of SHIELD are odds with said ideals he stands. Liberty vs surveillance and flying Death Squads

that and girls think Chris Evans is hawt and his friendship with Bucky can be tumblr yaoi fodder
>>
>>81175076
What's wrong with it?

It really took me by surprise.
Funny, looked great, nice story and fun characters.

Maybe I wasn't too fond of the lasers on the villains suit though. I think those may have been a bit much.
>>
>>81175154
I thought it was good. It just didn't stand out to me because it felt like a poor man's Iron Man 1.
>>
>>81173475
It had good source material.
>>
>>81174882
>>81176244
good shit

>>81174963
look at this faggot
>>
>>81174246
Why was his first movie so shit then?
>>
>>81178863
I'm really getting sick of people hating on TFA

While it has a weaker third act, the first two are perfectly fine and even with the weakness of the attack on the HYDRA base, it has a fantastic ending. Overall it's an enjoyable movie. I don't know why it keeps getting hated on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI

This is a fucking great sequence
>>
>>81178939
It really is.
And it's a great way to marry his early comics mythos to the mcu
>>
>>81173475
Marvel Studios had little input on it, like the first Cap movie.
Thats how we knew CW is going to be a disaster the moment it became Avengers 2.1.
>>
File: 1451592661288.jpg (8 KB, 246x249) Image search: [Google]
1451592661288.jpg
8 KB, 246x249
>>81179268
>we
>>
The fight choreography is beautiful. Zola monologuing to buy time for the missile strike was also a highly entertaining moment.

Villains felt competent and threatening.

Falcon didn't ruin the movie which was my biggest fear going into the theater.
>>
>>81173475
Best movie climax in the Marvel-verse.

Based Ruso bros could have had cap and bucky doing dragonballz shit as they jumped and fought between burning quin-jets during the final fight.

Instead they had two dudes on a gangway punching the shit out of each other. It made the fight more tense and engaging then any special effect bukkake.
>>
File: 1456991344701.gif (273 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1456991344701.gif
273 KB, 320x240
>>81179315
>wuz
>>
>>81173475
It considered for a moment that its source material didn't have to completely appeal to man-children.
>>
>>81173475
That grab in mid-air knife fight.

Also when Cap wrecked that Quinjet.
>>
>>81178939
>>81179221
I love how well Evans sells him being an amateur and gradually becoming a better actor.
>>
>>81179373
>>81179493

Truly the music and the fights. Those were the best choreographed fights between comic book characters I'd ever seen, including the raimi spiderman 1 & 2. Only the Daredevil netfilx series comes close.
>>
The shield=hydra reveal was also really well done.

Even normies going to the film could guess that Bucky was the winter soldier but that "twist" kind of lures you into a false sense of security. Then the movie hits you over the head with how absolutely fucked the situation is.
>>
had everything people wanted from a comic book film imo

good dynamic between leads, character-driven humor, fun storyline, gorgeously choreographed battle sequences, Chris Evans' pecks
>>
>>81175154
>I think those may have been a bit much.
in a movie with comic book characters that can shrink?
>>
hey everyone...:/
>>
>>81180613
I like the design of that spiderman suit, but the voice just sounds way too young.
>>
>>81173475
Was Bucky the love interest?
>>
>>81173475
The fact that it came 3 months before Guardians. Then it lost the throne and became a very very close second place
>>
>>81180887
but Spiderman is young...
>>
File: lovestory.png (37 KB, 380x170) Image search: [Google]
lovestory.png
37 KB, 380x170
>>81180923
Yes.
>>
>>81180937
He's almost never portrayed as a high schooler anymore, and even a high schooler wouldn't sound as prepubescent as the actor did in that clip.
>>
>>81180986
not in the comics, but in the cartoons and tv shows, he's usually been consistently in highschool. It's what most people grew up with.
>>
>>81180986
>He's almost never portrayed as a high schooler anymore
obviously they are basing him on the 60's incarnation, but in a modern setting
and he is 14 in the movie, maybe he is a late bloomer
>>
File: sfkah.jpg (232 KB, 1125x1381) Image search: [Google]
sfkah.jpg
232 KB, 1125x1381
Was a thriller more than a cape movie
>>
File: hey everyone.jpg (230 KB, 1365x567) Image search: [Google]
hey everyone.jpg
230 KB, 1365x567
>>81180613
Hey everyone.
>>
>>81181028
Every single time they get a new actor to play spiderman he's been in highschool, its super repetitive at this point
>>81181051
I didn't know that. It's kinda fucked up that they're cool with letting a 14 year old child run around on the battlefield
>>
>>81181051
It makes sense to introduce a flagship character at a young age that can last longterm in the MCU as the older actors age out.
>>
Perspective. People wanted something more serious and thriller-like than previous Marvel movies and it delivered that great.
I don't think it's a markedly better movie than most Marvels, just different enough for people to think it is,

And also more serious, people don't recognize any artistic merit to comedy most of the time so being mostly devoid of comedy is usually seen as artistic merit on its own.

It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, but it gets overrated because of its tone shift compared to other Marvel movies.
>>
>>81175154
The story is a bit stupid and the editing is choppy as fuck in damn dialogue scenes of all places. Evangeline Lily sucked balls.

Other than that mostly solid movie.
>>
>>81181210
>mostly devoid of comedy
There were plenty of jokes, it just didn't stop and wink towards the audience every three seconds like a Whedon movie.
>>
>>81181210
>mostly devoid of comedy

There was plenty of comedy, it was just done well and didn't interrupt everything else like in Quipvengers: Age of Quiptron
>>
>>81181794
>>81181871
You can shit-talk Whedon all you want, the tone ovf the Avengers movies is closer to the rest of the MCU than WS is.
>>
>>81182164
Yes because Whedon's style is already similar to Favreau's (in terms of comedy) and then they got people like Shane Black to do other films, keeping it light after the success of the Avengers.
>>
>>81182164
Guess that's why nothing has touched WS except Guardians.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.