[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goyer's original BvS script
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: mwajanrupyhqqhvf8k9i.jpg (84 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
mwajanrupyhqqhvf8k9i.jpg
84 KB, 800x540
This is from Movie Pilot so could be bullshit but here is a detailed description

>The opening scenes involve a terrorist group that has taken over an African village, and in the process mass massacres — men/women/children — were performed in the name of religious supremacy. Amidst the growing terror, news of it gets to the world, and reporters are sent to the scene to investigate. Lois Lane was given access to interview the terrorist leader, but during the interview, passions grow wild. The crew that came with Lois Lane are murdered one by one, except for her and Jimmy Olsen (photographer), due to the fact that the terrorists wanted their story told, and they want Lois and Jimmy to memorialize their conquests. Shortly after the murders, Superman arrives in the village. Superman manages to destroy enemy armory and tanks, essentially running off the terrorist army. Superman ultimately gets to the headquarters and successfully rescues Lois and Jimmy. He returns to the village to rescue innocent villagers, but while doing so the terrorist leader detonates a bomb; killing themselves and taking out hundreds of innocent people in the process.
>>
>A UN Congressional Hearing follows with Superman to explain what happened. The UN fears that Superman’s involvement escalated the terrorists’ plans, thereby causing the deaths of innocent civilians. Superman is sanctioned to remain in the U.S. and is asked to no longer intervene in matters of international disputes.

>The President of the U.S. (Holly Hunter), who was leading the UN Congressional Hearing, receives a call from Lex Luthor requesting to meet her. Upon privately meeting with Lex, who is a charming, highly respected businessman and philanthropist (at the time Bryan Cranston or Joaquin Phoenix was being eyed for the role), he offers the president access to Kryptonian technology that would weaken Superman in the event he becomes a threat to national security. Lex shares with the President the existence of terraformed crystals found in the Indian Ocean capable of weakening and easily destroying Zod’s corpse body. Interestingly, the President wants nothing to do with utilizing the Kryptonian technology and terraformed rocks, stating that she thinks Superman is good, and that in the wrong hands, such technology can be used for evil. Lex disagrees and the two argue over power and the responsibility of holding power. Lex is angered that the President appears to care less about having technology that would protect the country from an alien and leaves the president with a warning. He taunts her for not being fit as a leader, and states that she is jeopardizing humankind by not taking advantage of his offer.
>>
>Scenes between Clark and Lois follow. Clark ponders how someone powerful as he can ignore suffering in a world when he feels he can intervene. Lois encourages him to stay good and not grow weary, that there is still good left in the world, and that he should be the hope that this world needs. During this scene, a news alert is shown on television, and the terrorist group from the beginning of the movie warns the U.S.A. of imminent attack for letting Superman, an “American hero”, intervene in Africa.

>The scene changes to Gotham city bay, and the KGBeast is introduced with a group of representatives from the same terrorists introduced earlier in the movie. A transaction involving a small box of crystals occur. Apparently, it will be revealed later that the box contains weapons of mass destruction in the form of the terraformed crystals; alluded to earlier by Lex. The “Kryptonite” apparently can wield enough power that, when detonated, can be almost like a nuclear bomb. Additionally, members of the terrorist group have already infiltrated Gotham and will use these rocks as bombs to wreck havoc; beginning in Gotham City. KGBeast, who has been hired by the terrorist group, takes said army of terrorists to infiltrate Wayne Enterprises. They kill innocent bystanders, kidnap hostages, and detonate a bomb using a Kryptonite crystal; thereby destroying Wayne Enterprises. Apparently the original script has Lucius Fox dying, and news of this gets to Bruce Wayne, who in the script appears to have been thought dead for a few years.
>>
>The death of Lucius and the destruction of Wayne Enterprises gets Batman out of retirement and he begins to investigate the cause of the attack. In time, with the help of Alfred, he discovers where the KGBeast and the terrorists are hiding. He dons the Batman costume, a more primitive looking one, and only with a few gadgets. He defeats the terrorists, but not before the KGBeast escapes with the box of kryptonite.

>Batman finds a way to contact Superman, and the two meet to discuss the recent terrorist attacks in Africa and Gotham City. Batman informs Superman that he had been a crime fighter many years ago, and that Superman still has a lot to learn. Comedy moment occurs when Batman tells Superman he knows he is Clark Kent, and Superman returns the favor by calling him Bruce. When Superman asks Batman how he knew, Batman said he had his ways. The two leave as friends.
>>
>The scene cuts to Lexcorp where the Kryptonian suit, as worn by Zod in 'Man of Steel' is being reproduced in high quantities. Luther’s scientists test them, and they show tremendous power – especially when powered by Kryptonite. One suit in particular has Kryptonite and will be worn later by the KGBeast, who in a way will also act as this movie’s “Metallo.”

>Lex leaves the laboratory only to meet privately with the KGBeast. It is revealed that it was Lex who earlier sold the terrorists the Kryptonite crystals that was used to destroy Wayne Enterprises. They discuss their mutual partnership, and Lex reveals his motivations: 1) He wanted Wayne Enterprises knocked off from being competition to his technology empire and 2) He believes the U.S. President is unfit to lead for her refusal to take his offer earlier. He coldly makes the statement that any leader who willfully allows an “alien” to run uncontrolled should be removed from any position of power. KGBeast is promised a package of the “super-suits.” He informs Lex he plans to attack Washington D.C. and kill the President of the United States for him. Lex thinks it’s a good way to test his super suits.
>>
>Tensions mount as an attack on Washington D.C. is shown by the now super-powered KGBeast (Metallo revamped), along with a group of terrorists wearing the Kryptonian armor. KGBeast goes straight for the White House and kidnaps the President along with other government officials. This gets the attention of the world, including our heroes. The terrorists wrecks havoc with their Kryptonian armor, destroying monuments, the Capitol building, etc. The pair of heroes arrive; Superman in flight, and Batman in his jet. Together they begin to fight the superpowered terrorists. Batman’s jet is destroyed in the process, and when he comes out, it is revealed he has a power armor of his own with newer gadgets — big bad ass moment for Batman! The two heroes continue to fight the superpowered terrorists and ultimately defeat them. Superman and Batman partner to take down the KGBeast. Batman was left with the task of rescuing the President, while Superman fights the super-powered KGBeast. During this fight, Superman discovers that the KGBeast’s armor is specifically powered with a large kryptonite rock. Superman gets brutally beaten up during this fight, and requires Batman’s help, who too gets pretty beat up by the superpowered terrorist. The two heroes work together to somehow distract the enemy and dislodge the kryptonite rock that powers his suit. A grappling gun is used by Batman to tie up the KGBeast, and while tied up, Superman manages to use human level strength to take down the bad guy. The KGBeast is taken to prison, but prior to being questioned, he is murdered.
>>
>As the movie begins to close, you see Batman and Superman talking yet again. Superman hands Batman a box, and inside is kryptonite. Superman asks Batman to have it and to use it if ever he felt the need to be put down. The camera backs up and you see inside a big office a quiet Lex Luthor who is watching the two heroes talking from afar. He puts on a ring of what appears to be ladened with green kryptonite. As the closing music begins to play, the news on television reveals that the President of the U.S. had just been assassinated. Movie ends.

Honestly, even though this script (if real) addresses a few of the issues of the final film, I prefer what we got. This version seems way more straightforward and typical. I liked the different more subversive approach to the comic book movie genre BvS took. It was thematically more interesting and seemed to draw a lot more from various aspects of the comics (TDKR, Death of SM, Injustice, Crisis, JL, WW, etc…). Also, surprisingly, BvS has a lot more "hope" in the film by the end than this.
>>
Regardless of theme the end result was shit so may as well have tried this one, if it was real.

Just couldn't help themselves though, had to have a Batman and Superman "misunderstanding".
>>
this sounds like a much smaller, tighter, and better movie. Which is hard for me to say, because I think goyer is a peice of trash.
>>
>>82069122
I think the positives far outweigh the film's flaws. But I realize that the movie is divisive. So agree to disagree I guess.
>>
>>82068849
My only real issue with this is that Lex isn't very present and it doesn't have any real lead-ins to Justice League.
And also we'd get Goyer's exposition-laden dialogue

The Lex thing seems like the biggest flaw, though; he doesn't even have any scenes with Superman.
>>
>>82069018
You are pretty retarded if you think mixing in all those elements and storylines in one movie was a good idea
>>
>>82069322
Say what you will about Eisenberg, but that scene where Lex and Clark are doing their thing on top of the LexCorp building was gold.

I like the idea that Superman's very existence is an affront to Lex's most basic philosophies and worldview.
>>
Goyer's not that bad, you faggots just like to throw anyone under the bus to defend shitty DC movies.
>>
Seems like fan wank wish fulfillment. I prefer what the real movie, flaws and all.
>>
>>82069654
it worked pretty well, could maybe have used another 20 minutes.
>>
>>82070195
Goyer's a good storywriter but he doesn't do scripts themselves well because he's really bad at writing dialogue as anything other than exposition.
>>
>>82068849
This script seems to have an accurate depiction of the Batman/Superman dynamic, so I find it highly suspect that Goyer wrote it.
>>
File: david-goyer.jpg (142 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
david-goyer.jpg
142 KB, 1200x720
Miss me yet?
>>
Probably fake. I mean, no part of this synopsis has "Batman vs. Superman," even though that was the idea from day one, even before Terrio. Also, no football scene that they filmed when they were still using the Goyer script.

Still, I like these bullshit fanfic alternate-movie threads for some reason. I like seeing /co/ be creative.
>>82068849
>Lex shares with the President the existence of terraformed crystals found in the Indian Ocean capable of weakening and easily destroying Zod’s corpse body
This is kind retarded. Why would Zod try to terraform Earth into a substance harmful to him? Why would he purposely try to turn the Earth into Kryptonite? Didn't think this through, OP.

>who in the script appears to have been thought dead for a few years
If this script is real (which it probably isn't, but if), this might be evidence that they were actually considering continuing with the Nolan Batman universe before deciding this is a reboot. Bale says he was never contacted and Snyder says he never even considered it, but it's possible that they just change their minds before they ever even called Bale about it, and it's possible that Snyder is just lying because he'd have an incentive to act like the decision they went with was the original intent.

>KGBeast
Why is there a KGB guy years after the collapse of the Soviet Union? If you wanna use KGBeast, there has to be some reason. Was he frozen like Captain America or some shit? Is he just a guy who has nothing to do with the USSR but just really digs the a e s t h e t i c? Like, what's going on?
>>
>>82068849
This handling of the African situation would have been much better and I say that as someone who strongly likes the film as we got it.
>>
>>82070513
Yeah, I noticed that if you look at Rotten Tomatoes (inb4 "don't look at that form ur own opinion," I'm just making an observation here), most of the well-received Goyer films are ones where he was a co-writer. Ones where he is the sole writer get shit reviews.

Goyer and Nolan were a great team for Batman because Nolan understands filmmaking, character, theme, etc. and Goyer understands Batman. They balanced each other.

Goyer/Snyder sucks, though, because Snyder is a flash-over-substance guy and Goyer writes crummy dialogue.
>>
>>82069306
>bvS
>positives

It's worse than MoS, m8, and MoS was already one of the worst movies ever made
>>
>>82071336
>because Snyder is a flash-over-substance guy
Yeah that's why MOS/BVS both had huge portions of the film without action.
Lol try harder faggot.
>>
>>82071370
>and MoS was already one of the worst movies ever made
The action and score alone put it above over a hundred films I can think of easy you delusional mother fucker.
>>
File: 1441751732785.png (500 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441751732785.png
500 KB, 640x480
TERRIO YOU FUCKING HACK.

I liked MoS and regardless if you liked it or not it was far more fluent than BvS. People usually blame Goyim for the BvS script but I've always suspected Terrio considering how much more of a mess BvS's script is compared to MoS.
>>
>>82071406
Flash doesn't just mean action. Even Snyder's drama scenes are beautifully shot (look at Kal-El's birth or the scene at the end of MoS where Clark talks to his mother at the graveyard/goes to work at the Daily Planet) but he doesn't really inject much depth into the themes he puts in his films or direct the character interactions very well. Remember, being a director is more than just cinematography, it's giving direction and vision to the film.
>>
>>82071406
There were some sections without action but an entire movie without substance.

And for proof that he's style over substance, watch the 100% unfiltered Snyder masterpiece that is Sucker Punch.
>>
>>82071486
With BvS I actually don't think that the script itself is bad; it's that I don't think Terrio felt comfortable standing up to Snyder whenever Snyder made a bad decision.
>>
>>82071086
Did many people hate David Goyim before MoS/MM comment? I think people were sucking his dick before MoS because of the Nolan Batman.
>>
>>82071532
I'd disagree that he's without substance at all but Snyder seems to see substance as a way to rationalize his action scenes, rather than to actually really push and explore a theme.

The example I'd give is Batman's character in BvS. You have some genuinely interesting themes presented about the nature of power and how losing it can lead even intelligent men to do cruel, irrational things, but then you watch the Batmobile chase and Batman's fight sequences and it just seems like an excuse that Snyder put in there to include Batman blowing cars up with people in and tossing them into the path of grenades.

It's like a guy who learns a ton about a subject just so he can impress a girl who's interest in it and bang her. He brushes past genuine excellence just so he can get to his adolescent focus.
>>
>>82071460
The action drags on for half the movie, is almost Transformers tier, and feels like it has no stakes.

The score is throwaway "epic" music.

If you defend a Zack Snyder movie you have brain damage. No part of it deserves to exist in this world
>>
File: 1458840426360.jpg (51 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
1458840426360.jpg
51 KB, 548x398
>>82071659
BvS looks like a movie where Snyder just thought up scenes he thought would look cool (Batmobile chase, desert batman ect.) then decided how they would fit into a story.
>>
>>82071750
Yeah, that's my point.

He's a talented man for visuals and action though I found the Doomsday fight really messy and dull personally, very boring battleground but he seems embarrassed that that's what he's good at, so he post-rationalizes it all with really hamfisted attempts at exploring genuinely interesting themes.
>>
>>82071510
Yes and it had incredibly amounts of vision and sadist shit stains dismiss it as pretentiousness.
>>82071532
MOS had incredibly amounts of substance.
And Sucker Punch failed because of poor actresses, no weight because almost all the action was within dreams & the brutal plight of the female cast was at odds with them being sexy anime action girls.
>>
>>82069018
You're full of shit.
>>
>>82071253

For the Kryptonite thing it kinda makes sense. Like, Kryptonite is typically just parts of the planet Krypton. Zod was trying to turn Earth into a new Krypton, which would have made it essentially kryptonite. He wouldn't have known it was harmful, because on Krypton (where there is no yellow sun), that's just his planet.
>>
File: 1458609929352.gif (314 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458609929352.gif
314 KB, 640x360
>>82072246
>>
>>82068849
For the past three years people have been saying Goyer needed to go, when every piece of information we've had about Man of Steel proved that Zack Snyder fucked it up.

He fucked up a World's finest film by wanting to kill Superman, parrot DKR as much as he could and Luthorberg (who is by far from the weakest thing in the film).

And he's going to fuck up Justice League too. WB shouldn't have gotten rid of Goyer, they should've used that extra year they had to get a new director.
>>
>>82069286
This. I dreaded them bringing him back, but this sounds so much better than what we got. I could do without the President dying at the end or terrorists blowing up Wayne Enterprises, and think Bruce as he starts lends itself towards this potentially being Nolan Bats, but holy fuck everything else just seems better.
>>
>>82072246
>Sucker Punch failed because of it being a complete Snyder original film
This is literally all I can see with how you described it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.