[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the explanation for why Stan Lee appears throughout the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
What is the explanation for why Stan Lee appears throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe as different characters?

Is he suppose to be the same character or is he portraying multiple different characters? If the latter, then why do all of these characters look like Stan Lee?
>>
because it's a fucking running joke in a movie series. that's it.
>>
>>81168879
Wasn't there a post of someone who came up with a backstory for all Stan Lee's cameos in the MCU?
>>
>>81168947
But in that universe, something has to give. Is he like a clone made by Hydra or something?
>>
>>81168879
He is The Watcher.

...No, seriously, if there's ever a good Fantastic Four movie then Uatu's human disguise should totally be this.
>>
What Lego game is that?
>>
>>81169015
This, /thread, all that
We've been over this countless times and this is what makes the most sense
>>
>>81168984
no, nothing has to give
It's fiction, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>81168879
It's just a cameo. A movie cameo.
>>
>>81169015
Watcher's can't interfere, though.
>>
>>81169166
Fiction has to have restraints, autist.
>>
>>81169276
The fact that you made this thread or are questioning this at all clearly shows you're the autist

Like I seriously believe you're the kind of person who, if he encountered Feige on the street, you'd be up in his face seriously questioning this
>>
>>81169317
You seem perturbed.
>>
>>81169236
>implying Uatu ever gave a single fuck about that
>I can't interfere but here's this superweapon to help you
>I can't interfere but let me show up in person to argue with the purple planet eater giant
>I can't interfere but here's the key to my crazy moon house and by the way here's a list of the gadgets you can and can't touch, also I kicked that Russian guy with the monkeys out as soon as he walked in because fuck that guy
>I can't interfere but lemme just isolate this universe where everyone's all medieval and shit before it blows itself up because honestly I just think it's cool
>>
File: 1434719078321.jpg (79 KB, 492x461) Image search: [Google]
1434719078321.jpg
79 KB, 492x461
>>81168879
>>81169015
for some reason I never thought about Stan being Uatu, but I always had a feeling he may be The One Above All.
>>
>>81169522
He really was a shitty Watcher, wasn't he?
>>
>>81168879
He is the King of Cameos.
>>
>>81169090
Going to assume Lego marvel superheroes, you can get achievements for rescuing Stan from various hazards
>>
>>81172374
He really should be fired
>>
>>81168879
He is either the watcher or maybe the bartender.
>>
Stan Lee as we know him exsists in their universe, these are just all his bastard sons of Artist's wives.
>>
>>81172568
Kinda hard to fire someone that's dead.
>>
>>81172641
He really should be brought back to life and then fired
>>
>>81172568
>>81172802
He's probably shacked up with the union, so they can't do shit
>>
>>81168879
He's a demon who sucks other people's life-forces. Just like in real life, except in universe, he has to keep their jobs for a while too.
>>
>>81168879
>yfw Avengers 3 post credits scene reveals Stan Lee is the real MCU villain
>>
>>81169276
Feeling that compelled to make explorations for your own rule that fiction needs restraints really, and I mean really, sounds like something someone with actual autism would say.

I don't mean that as the normal insult. I mean of all times to call someone an autust, that was the worst choice.
>>
>>81169015
Nah dude, Fantastic Four 1 nailed it- Stan is Willie Lumpin made flesh.
>>
>>81169015
>...No, seriously, if there's ever a good Fantastic Four movie then Uatu's human disguise should totally be this.

Even Stan Lee won't live long enough for this.

In fairness, neither will any of us.
>>
>>81169317
>Like I seriously believe you're the kind of person who, if he encountered Feige on the street, you'd be up in his face seriously questioning this

not OP, but I would totally ask Feige about this if I met him, just to see his reaction.
>>
>>81178147
Yeah, but you probably wouldn't say it straight face and would gladly accept "it's a running joke, man. Just some old ass guys in whacky situations" while anon would say "yeah but, why?" with the intention of getting an in-depth answer.
>>
>>81169090
...Can you not read?
>>
>>81168879
Ol' Papa Lee really got around back in the day, is all.
>>
>>81178022
Your autism is flaring up.
>>
>>81168947
this is a true but boring answer. use your creativity and try again
>>
>>81168879
He's also appearing in movies that aren't MCU. He appears in Deadpool as a strip club manager, for example.
>>
he's old and dying, let him do what he wants
>>
>>81181119
I like to imagine he just announces at strip clubs in his free time and didn't even know he was on the set of a movie. Seems like something Stan "Creator of Stripperella" Lee would do.
>>
>>81172198
TOAA is Kirby

or a bum
>>
>>81169172

Yes. But he's in all the movies. And most if not all the movies are connected.

So that leads to one of to possible scenarios.

1. Stan plays the same guy in all of them

or

2. There are at least two or more guys that look like him.

So it has to be one or the other.
>>
>>81169317

It's a logical question to ask. There HAS to be an explanation.
>>
>>81168879
It's how he maintains his life force. So long as they keep making movies, he'll live forever.
>>
>>81168879
He's Multiple Man, only they can't call him that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.