[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started watching Star vs. Evil and I really just don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I started watching Star vs. Evil and I really just don't get it.

The show just epitomises this randum stupidity, employs tired plot devices and bores me, to be frank. I don't see the appeal.

Why does /co/ enjoy it, honestly?
>>
Somebody is going to mention /sug/
>>
>>81168286
Waifus, I guess?
>>
>>81168286

a rando that ticks off all the checkboxes of an idealized non-normie girl

i watched three episodes and decided this wasn't for me either. i could literally feel disney's focus testing.
>>
shipping, waifus

some like the lizard guy that's gonna appear later but he's shit too
>>
>>81168286
I like smoking and watching it. nefcy is a trippy girl animator so her stuff is cute and weird. Im a dank meme so the random stupidity is fine.

above all its interesting animation and halfway into season one it picks up in plot so im on board at this point
>>
>>81168286
Shipping, that's all anyone cares about and other than a few people who wanted it to replace Gravity Falls (it doesn’t) that’s all anyone has ever cared about. No one thinks the show is funny and are at best moderately enthused by the occasional drama, everyone just watches so they can make the adolescents kiss in their minds and fanfics. That is all the show is here or anywhere really, and it is all it ever will be, so if you can't find any value in that don't bother watching anymore, because you'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>81168286
For me, good animation, great colors, good voice acting. Plot/character development picking up half way through or so is nice too.

As a character I find Star no worse than loony tunes or similar. Its a slapstic comedy magic show. Aint exactly ATLA.
>>
>>81168286
Why do you assume people here like it? It's almost never mentioned positively outside of its general, and that's like the same dozen people every time.
>>
>>81169838
I guess the people who do like it are very vocal.
>>
>>81169748
Pretty much this for me too.

Even though it does have clichés, I also like how they deliberately avoided some like "Oh no! I have to keep my magical powers a secret!" and that Marco and Star become genuine friends after the first episode instead of having them constantly at each other's throats in a sitcommy way. The fact that Star always uses her magic to try to improve things for others or defend herself, and not as revenge against people who are just mildly bitchy is refreshing too; it doesn't come off like watching the writers'/creator's high school revenge fantasies.

I'm interested in seeing where the various plot points the first season established go later on too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.