[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THEY'RE FINALLY GETTING DIVORCED!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1455376454087.png (290 KB, 855x482) Image search: [Google]
1455376454087.png
290 KB, 855x482
THEY'RE FINALLY GETTING DIVORCED!
>>
>DIVORCED!
Thats a forbidden word for Disney.
>>
>>81167220
Good. The idea is that at the end of the movie, they live happily ever after. Not "then they lived with marital difficulties until they broke up"
>>
>>81167028
I'm guessing Aladdin threw some acid in jasmines face?
>>
>>81167220
Then why did they have Mr. and Mrs. The Frog get divorced?
>>
>>81167028
>Muslims
>Divorce

Jasmine's getting stoned for adultery.
>>
>>81167220
I was watching Muppets Take Manhattan earlier today with my mother, and she mentioned how Kermit and Miss Piggy got Divorced in the new Muppet Show.
Put a damper on my day, but it shows that Disney is either branching out or getting stupid.
>>
>>81167359
Were they even married in the first place?
I thought they were just dating.
>>
>>81167413
the show starts out with them having been separated, and the whole season plays out a will-they-wont-they regarding getting back together
>>
>>81167503
Is the show good?
>>
>>81167413
The Muppets is Disney?
>>
>>81168624
___________________no_______
>>
>>81168624

i like it, but /co/ regularly accuses me of having shit taste
>>
>>81167413
That was just a movie. The wedding doesn't count. Even that Segel movie had Kermit and Piggy's falling out being based entirely on Piggy insisting that the wedding in the movie was real.

>>81168624
Gets better midway through, starting around the Christmas episode.

Uncle Deadly is the show's MVP
>>
>>81168719
Disney has owned the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House since 2004.

The Jim Henson Company kept the creature shop movies and Fraggle Rock and CTW has full custody of Sesame Street.
>>
>>81168719
Where have you been? Disney acquired them after Jim Henson's death.
>>
>>81168874
Nope. The deal in the 90s fell apart after Jim died and Eisner became way more interested in having the Sesame characters and shilling them to a point of destroying their educational credibility. The Sesame character were never part of the deal, Jim wanted them to go full custody to CTW.

They were at least able to work out a distribution deal in the 90s, which gave us Christmas Carol, Treasure Island and Muppets Tonight, but towards the end of the 90s, the Jim Henson Company was bought out by the Germans, specifically a company called EM.TV

The Germans didn't really do much with them and the Henson family was able to buy back the company and then finally sold the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House to Disney. They did this instead of being fully absorbed because Brian wanted to do more puppetry aimed for adults, hence the Puppet Up improv show and other endeavors of varied limited success. But that doesn't really pay the bills, but doing bad looking mo-cap CGI puppetry for PBS does and that's why we have Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train.
>>
>>81167378
Divorce is actually really easy in Islam - there are actually prostitutes in Arabic countries who work 'legally' by marrying the guy for a few hours and then getting divorced.
>>
>>81167413
the muppets just play different roles in different stories. in this one theyre ex stage partners who had a romance but broke up later. as they show eventually, neither of them really wanted to, and they're almost certain to get back together.
it's not THE the muppets, like canon or anything. half the cast are basement dwellers
>>
>>81167028
4 out of 5 marriages based on pretending to be a monarch of a fictionalized nation assisted by a demon end in divorce. It never stops being sad.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.