[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished Kirby's Fourth World Saga and really enjoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: NewGods.jpg (1 MB, 675x1009) Image search: [Google]
NewGods.jpg
1 MB, 675x1009
I just finished Kirby's Fourth World Saga and really enjoyed the cast of characters and the mythos he created.

What are some other cool comics to check out featuring this part of the DCU?
>>
Mister Miracle by J. M. DeMatteis
Orion by Walt Simonson

Their appearances in eighties Legion of Super-Heroes
Their appearances in eighties Justice League International
Their appearances in eighties Suicide Squad
Their appearances in nineties Young Justice
Their appearances in aughts Birds of Prey
Their appearances in aughteens Wonder Woman

Some people will tell you to read Grant Morrison's usage of them, but I personally did not enjoy it and I do not recommend it to you.
>>
Walt Simonson's Orion series and his Kanto origin story. Both are collected in the Orion omnibus.
>>
>>81164718
>>81165115
I definitely would recommend the Morrison fifth world saga. It's the only other major new gods plot I can come up with off the top of my head and it does a great job of feeling like an epic
>>
>>81165308
What does that saga comprise of?
>>
>>81165344
Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis and Multiversity are all heavy on the Kirby influence.
>>
>>81165344

It's composed of lots of runs, both by Morrison and not. But the best stuff to read would be anything Morrison, Mark Waid, Geoff Johns and Greg Rucka did. The 52 crew.

Grant Morrison runs: JLA, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Batman, Final Crisis.

All those works technically encompass the Fifth World epic.

Definitely read Simonson's Orion run.
>>
>>81165115
What about the Byrne series from the 90's?
>>
>>81165910
I don't read pedophile comics.
>>
>>81165910
No Byrne's good DC work was Superman, OMAC, and Legends
>>
>>81166112
OMAC is very 4th world centric. How did he fuck up on the Fourth World series?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.