[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titan Hunt Endgame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dc-comics-titans-hunt-issue-6.jpg (96 KB, 448x700) Image search: [Google]
dc-comics-titans-hunt-issue-6.jpg
96 KB, 448x700
Got one issue left and I have to ask, what the endgame is going to be with this shit.

Still zero sign of Wally nor any sign of them shoving Don Hall (Dove I) into the role of
"The Forgotten Titan" though #7 also implies we may get stuck with Bumblebee as the big reveal, given how #7 had her suddenly manifesting her powers to fight off the now Beta SJW Male with hipster mustache Mad Mod.

Nor do we have official confirmation that the Finches Donna Troy was a fake or an origin for the new non-Finch version of Donna Troy outside vague references of her being born on Paradise Island.

I'd also note that they fucked up the distribution of characters: Roy should have had Aqualad's place with Dick and Donna while Garth got to hang out with Lilith and co, since Roy/Donna/Dick were a power trio in the Titans and reuniting them would have been a better selling point in terms of them having their own plotline with regards to fighting Mr Twister (who I would not be shocked, doesn't turn out to be Trigon in disguise).
>>
>>82059649
I would assume that, given that Greg Rucka is going to be retconning shit in his Wonder Woman series, that Donna's latest Godian Knot in her backstory won't be addressed until then.

Bumblebee as the lost Titan would be bullshit, but given the big push she's been getting in the girl-centric DCU projects, I'm shocked no one hasn't pegged her for the big reveal yet (which would be extremely disappointing).

I also don't see Mr Twister as Trigon, if only because they are obviously angling to revive the lost 60s era Titan villains for the book, since they need villains for the team to fight and are probably scrambling to find people who are not the usual suspects for the bad guys.

The biggest concern: who the hell is the Ragman lookalike in the DC Titans Rebirth promo pic? Lilith in a shittier costume than her Omen garb? A new female Ragman (Rag Woman? Ragdoll?) for SJW tokenism points?
>>
>>82059649
On a side note; is Don Hall even dead in the New 52?

Of all of the things retconned, making Dawn the only Dove would have been a no-brainer, especially since having Don still be alive could have made for some interesting fodder as a sidekick to Hank and Dawn, as well as foil for Hank.
>>
White Wally is never coming back. Superboy Prime will be the deux ex machina for Rebirth, because Geoff Johns has been teasing/threatening to redeem Superboy Prime for quite some time and will use Rebirth to do it via Superboy Prime returning as a good guy and sacrificing his life to restore as much of the pre-Flashpoint DCU as he can.

There won't be a "lost" Titan, because they needed the hope of Wally coming back to trick people into buying Titans Hunt.

Donna might get saved but only because no one is going to want to bring up the Finches' character assassination of Donna and we'll be left to Rucka's mercy towards whether or not he wants to "fix" Donna.
>>
>>82059649
more shit. Plot spills into Rebirth and the first arc of 'Titans'
>>
>>82059964
Depends; I think they will end Titans with the defeat of Mr Twister and no real answers or payout to what they were implicitly promising.

Rebirth will probably be dedicated to "fixing" Donna, Dick, and Roy's past in terms of resetting shit tacitly and we know JL #52 is a filler/tie-in issue to introduce a new Titan villain with a hard-on for Dick going back to his Robin days.

But they need SOMETHING to bait fans into continuing. 60s Titans villains, none of the Wolfman/Perez originals or their villains, no proper Wally West, and BUMBLEBEE as the big pay-off, is going to piss a lot of people off and doom Titans; unless they plan on making Dick/Donna a reality to pander to the shippers who are tired and flat out reject Dick and the Batman Hitler Youth Bimbo Squad as love interests.
>>
>>82060096
Speculation since I'm kind of bored:

Wally comes back as a ghost and ends up bound to the corpse of young black Wally West. Has to hide his power level/true self because he realizes that his entire existence has been wiped out and he's been race bent and play the coon to avoid being tossed into Arkham Asylum.

This will carry over to Teen Titans, where trapped in a black man's body Wally and Damian become super-best friends but there will be constant tension with Damian suspecting shit about Black Wally acting and behaving like a 30 year old married father of two and Raven sussing that there is "something familiar" about Black Wally even though she never met him before, in terms of dick teasing fans that Raven remembers the real Titans and the real Wally.
>>
Black Wally is going to written like Impulse.

The pre-shot with ADD curing bullets Impulse.

It's the only way they probably see that they can get people to like him, if they graft Bart's true personality onto Black Wally to make people forget that he's not the real Wally.
>>
If Wally is showing up it's in the Rebirth special itself. There's some spoiler for Flash and Titans in it at least. Maybe they just moved it around to there for some reason.

>>82059750
Rucka said he plotted out the first 12 issues of his WW run and there's no Donna or Cassie in it, but they could show up after that. Either way she won't be fixed/clarified right away.
>>
>>82060096
I think that tease is about Twister/Gargoyle, it'll be the case/villian that 'births' the Teen Titans and then 'rebirths' them as the Titans

I'm hoping for Dick/Donna because otherwise the book has no draw
>>
>>82059649
Why the fuck do they keep piling shit onto Donna Troy? Even if the story itself was shit, the Finches backstory for her was concise and fit with the WW mythos.
>>
>people think Dick/Donna will happen
They are going to pair her up with Roy so fast. This book is nothing but nostalgia bait, so of course they aren't going to do anything to deviate from that.
>>
>>82062257
Donna Troy is just one of those characters that will never have big appeal because she is just cursed to have a convoluted origin. Always. Plus the fact she is a Wonder Woman knockoff that rarely ever is involved in Wonder Woman's book and is usually confined to the Titans doesn't help.
>>
>>82059649
Who cares? Why are you even reading this shit? At this point it's worse than Teen Titans, and that's an achievement in and of itself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.