[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On February 12, 2014, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14
File: 9392084.jpg (12 KB, 236x319) Image search: [Google]
9392084.jpg
12 KB, 236x319
On February 12, 2014, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige revealed that some developmental groundwork has been done on a possible movie featuring Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow.

In an interview with Total Film, Feige said...

"We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March, [Black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."[2]

However, on March 17, 2014, Kevin Feige recanted his statements in an interview with "Examiner.com," citing that she has been involved in three movies already and another character (Ms. Marvel) might be more interesting.[3] In August 2014, British director Neil Marshall told Vanity Fair in a interview that he wants to direct the film
>>
>>81158240
>actual quote
So no hint at that at all.
Nice DG tits.
>>
>>81158240
Does anyone actually want this? She's the weakest character in the MCU, imo.
>>
No one wants to watch an expensive, two-hour Agents of SHIELD episode.
>>
>>81158272
*CG
fuck im drunk dodgers
>>
>>81158240
>>81158274
Doesn't help that she is a shit actress too.
>>
>>81158274
>Does anyone actually want this?
Bitches.
>>
>>81158357
Not even most women do. It's just a handful of people on social media who want it made just so they can say it was made.
>>
File: spu.png (432 KB, 870x480) Image search: [Google]
spu.png
432 KB, 870x480
>yfw they adapt Richard Morgan's BW
>>
>>81158296
Seriously, what a blunder of a casting choice. I wonder if they figured they would end up re-casting the character after IM2.
>>
In May 2010, Marvel announced the film with Drew Pearce as the writer, then they hired Peter Sollet as the director.

In July 2010, it was reported that filming would begin in March - July 2011.

On August 5, 2010, Keke Palmer was approached for a role in the film. Lucas Cruikshank also auditioned for a role in the film.

On October 28, 2014, during a Question & Answer session at a Marvel live event, Kevin Feige said the script for Runaways is what brought Drew Pearce to his attention so that Pearce could ultimately assist in writing Iron Man 3. However, the script remains in "Marvel's script vault" without present plans for filming.
>>
>>81158501
It doesn't take a Oscar winning actor to act in these flicks. It's just nobody foresaw that she would age like fucking milk.
>>
>>81158240
FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP
>>
>>81158536
I mean, she actually wasn't bad, in my opinion, in Iron Man 2, but every subsequent thing she's been in has diluted the character further. Even in Winter Soldier, arguably her strongest appearance, left a lot to be desired. There's no dangerous, femme Fatale feeling to the character at all at this point. Just a generic agent. Coupled with the fact that Scarjo just isn't fitted for this kind of character. It's strangely telling that her most natural line delivery was a dainty "thank you" at the beginning of AoU.
>>
>>81158682
>implying her most natural line wasn't "I don't see how that's a party" as she gave a blank expression
>>
>>81158274
Thor or Jane or almost anyone else from the Thor movies
>>
>>81158501

pretty sure they expected to use Wasp on the Avengers and didn't think Widow would be a primary team member. Imagine if she'd just been Fury's right hand in all these movies instead of being a main character. That's probably what they were going for but then realized they weren't going to have a chick on the team.
>>
>>81158240
Bottom line - she doesn't have enough going for her to hold up a standalone movie.
>>
>>81160620
I think if Blunt got the part things would be very different.
>>
Is there not one definitive Black Widow story?
maybe one with the hulk in it?
>>
>>81158240
It's a combo of Scarlett just not being able to lead an adventure movie and the fact she is now over 30 and has had a child. Marvel knows she is going to hit a brick wall soon and start aging like milk.

A Captain Marvel movie is basically Marvel's way of bringing in a new early 20 something.
>>
>>81160639
At the end of the day she's just a femme fatale secret agent. At worst it would be Catwoman style cringe and at best it would be a generic spy movie.
>>
>>81160652
>maybe one with the hulk in it?

please god no
>>
>>81158240
It's two part. ScarJo was a bit more difficult when it came to Avengers (and even more so preggers right before AoU filmed) and the character wasn't interesting enough "fleshed out" in the Avengers script to deserve a solo film. The "fleshed out" part also held Hawkeye back from getting a solo, despite actually being more interesting and Renner being a team player. The Borne Legacy proved a Hawkeye-type movie could work and Renner could carry it, but the schedule for the next several movies was already set in motion by then.
>>
>>81160746
>The "fleshed out" part also held Hawkeye back from getting a solo, despite actually being more interesting and Renner being a team player. The Borne Legacy proved a Hawkeye-type movie could work and Renner could carry it, but the schedule for the next several movies was already set in motion by then.
Not to mention no one whines that loudly about wanting a Hawkeye movie like SJWs do demanding Black Widow, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel "deserve" a movie.
>>
>>81160784

I'd honestly rather see the main chick from agents of SHIT get a movie than Black Widow
>>
>>81158240
If they wanted to make a female-lead movie they have Scarlet Witch that has a fuckload more interesting stories.
>>
>>81160746
>ScarJo was a bit more difficult when it came to Avengers (and even more so preggers right before AoU filmed)

Fun fact: Marvel was pissed when she announced she was pregnant right before AOU started filming. So much so that they almost totally wrote her out of it. Whedon directly intervened and kept her in.

Many female actors have pretty stern anti-pregnancy clauses where they state they won't get pregnant during a certain time frame.

It's the same thing as the fitness standards many male actors have in their contracts.
>>
>>81158240
Maybe if it is an origin story that open with Ivan Petrovich saving baby Natasha in the Battle of Stalingrad and then handing her over to the Red Room, where we see her training and eventually a relationship with Red Guardian, who is being used as a propaganda response to Captain America during the early Cold War, you can even cast a younger actress and end it with Widow getting injected with the anti-aging serum.

But I guess this ship has sailed for the MCU.
>>
>>81160784
Carol only "deserves" a movie because her comic character has been shit for YEARS. She needs something to come along and focus her into being something appealing. I know she's got some sort of good story/character deep down, I just have no idea what it is, but I feel like it's there.
>>
>>81158274
Yes. Make it the sequel to lost in translation. Murray can play the lovable Hydra guy.
>>
>>81160858
Yeah, Marvel was quite angry about being blindsided by her pregnancy announcement right before filming began.

Basically the execs wanted to know why the fuck she wasn't on the pill or used a condom. (and obviously had the guy blow in her)

To be fair they kinda had a point. She should have been far more careful. If she hadn't been a red hot star at that point thanks to the Avengers 1, good chance it would have tanked her career for awhile.
>>
Kevin Feige comes to your house and tells you that Marvel Studios is planning to do either a Black Widow movie or a Gamora movie, and you get to decide which one gets made. "Neither" is not an option. If you say "neither," both get made and the Russos get fired and every movie from here on is made as a joint effort by Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder, with Goyer writing.
>>
>>81158240

It's funny how the gag is that Hawkeye is the useless Avenger, but he has his trick arrows that do a variety of things. Black Widow just shoots guns and kung fus people. Every movie they struggle more and more finding something for her to do. I have no idea how they'll figure that out against Thanos.
>>
>>81161034
Try to convince them that a movie about Scarlet Witch has much more potential.

>If you say "neither," both get made and the Russos get fired and every movie from here on is made as a joint effort by Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder, with Goyer writing.
Very interesting clusterfuck.
>>
>>81160902
>I know she's got some sort of good story/character deep down
Asshole fuckup Carol trying to be less of a fuckup is a pretty good story. Too bad Reed's run went to shit with Dark reign and subsequent writers made Carol bland as shit.
Though I hear the recent relaunch of her book without KSD is pretty good
>>
>>81161034
Black Widow at least has a spy element going on that could be potentially interesting. Saldana is a worse actress than ScarJo and written even worse.
>>
>>81161034

Forgot to mention, Snyder and Whedon hate each other. They work in separate rooms and never communicate. Each of them makes half a movie, and those halves then get edited together. And not in chronological order, like one of them makes the first half. I mean, it's gamble whether any particular scene was done by one or the other. Also Felicity Smoak guest stars in every movie they make together.
>>
File: I'm OK with this.jpg (25 KB, 369x429) Image search: [Google]
I'm OK with this.jpg
25 KB, 369x429
>>81161034
>every movie from here on is made as a joint effort by Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder, with Goyer writing
That'd be the only time Whedon did a good movie ever.
>>
>>81161126
Oops! I accidentally destroyed the Whedon segments!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>81161023
>obviously had the guy blow in her
>Not being able to release ever drop of your jizz inside ScarJo at her physical prime.

Why even live?
>>
>>81161034
I'd say Gamora because there's more flexibility is Cosmic Marvel to not let it be total shit. Hell, Gamora/Nebula before GotG might actually be good as they compete for "father's" favor.

(I say this because Earth-based means having to play more within the rules of AoS/Netflix/Aven/AoU/etc... there's a lot of story to hold back something new because it has to play within the borders of the established MCU.)
>>
>>81161131
>Zack Snyder, with Goyer writing
>good movie
>>
>>81158536
>It's just nobody foresaw that she would age like fucking milk.
wut? she still looks great, m8
>>
>>81161126
Oh god, in a sick way I want to see this. You never know if a scene is going to be a lighthearted quip-fest or a dark, rainy showdown between characters scowling and growling at each other
>>
File: Goyer.jpg (61 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
Goyer.jpg
61 KB, 349x466
>>81161248
>le WB hate bandwagon
>>
>>81158536
>she would age like fucking milk
?
>>
>>81160639
Blunt doesn't look like she's turning into a small fat and bitter ballet instructor, so it's not believable as a Russian.
>>
>>81158240
Basically:

Black Widow = Old and busted

Captain Marvel = New hotness (and sure to be played by a early 20 something)
>>
>>81161268
"Tell me...do you-" [cut] "play Galaga?"
>>
>>81161370
>hotness
If you're into dykes.
>>
File: Ms._Marvel_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (82 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ms._Marvel_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
82 KB, 600x900
>Captain Marvel
Can't wait
>>
>>81161370
CM should be played by a Jessica Chastain/Elizabeth Banks/Rachel McAdams type where they permanently look like 30 years old from 25-45. Get someone that drinks from the same gene-pool and are in their 30's by the start of the first movie she appears in.

Since her movie only comes out in 2019 (maybe 2018 if she shows up in IW), they'd better wait until then to cast an up-and-coming. Remember she'll probably be leading the Avengers like Cap, even if they have more popular players like Strange.
>>
>>81158274
While I agree with you, the first issue of Waid's new book was amazing and read like storyboards. If it continues to be good, maybe they could do something with that?
>>
>we want the Wonder Woman audience!
>>
>>81161398
She's not going to have dyke hair in the movie, that would alienate mainstream audiences.
>>
>>81158240
>dat pic
More please
>>
>>81158240
>citing that she has been involved in three movies already and another character (Ms. Marvel) might be more interesting.[3

>Captain Marvel film already announced
>Feige still suggests Ms. Marvel

KAMALA?
>>
>>81161529
>The Wonder Woman audience

Literally who? The closest to a mainstream Wonder Woman audience are people who use clothing with her on it.
>>
>>81158272
My thirst of ScarJo tits already sated through her movie Under The Skin.
>>
What the fuck /co/? Everywhere outside of here people liked ScarJo in the role and normies I've talked to would like a BW movie. I didn't see it before but I'm starting to think that 4chan really does have a huge, unusual problem with women like evryone says. Especially with live action female characters all of them get complained about constantly here, no exceptions, while friends and coworkers like them fine.
>>
>>81161495
>Elizabeth Banks
>42
Daaaayum
>>
>>81161704
Perfect Sue Storm right there, wasting her years until FOX releases their rights...

A MILFY Sue that doesn't look that old and is actually a bit ditzy is perfection, but alas, we can't ever have good things.
>>
>>81161506
Nothing fucking happened in that issue. It was just one long action scene
>>
>>81161775
>Nothing fucking happened in that issue. It was just one long action scene
Yes, and?
>>
>>81161749
That would be a great casting. But that's exactly why it won't ever happen.
>>
>>81161671
ok
>>
>>81161597
Well she is one of the most interesting female characters they have rights to, since they can't touch any of the x-men
>>
>>81160857
A Scarlet Witch movie could be great, no quips, dark and scary, yet magical and fun, maybe have Jennifer Kent direct it. Have creepy horror shit like Chthon, Y'Garon, Darkhold Dwarf, etc.

But that don't fit the quippy safe Marvel formula.
>>
>>81161797
It was meh at best. The art was good though
>>
>>81161842
Yeah, a darker and more like horror tone would fit it more.
>>
>>81161823
I'd argue it's such a perfect cast that you can't find an appropriate Reed to match it.
>>
>>81161842
Should have just rolled her into the Dr. Strange movie.
>>
>>81161890
Jon Hamm?
>>
>>81161974
Maybe in the sequel.
We don't know yet what will happen with her in CW.
>>
File: sc-3.png (201 KB, 580x322) Image search: [Google]
sc-3.png
201 KB, 580x322
>Neil Marshall

My favorite schlock director. This could actually be good.
>>
>>81161398
No fucking way will Marvel even give her the hint of dykness.

Expect her to rock long blonde hair.
>>
>>81161974
Yeah, but Strange is more sfx heavy fantasy horror, I'm talking smaller scale, full-on, gothic fucked-up magical realist, Lovecraftian nightmare fuel.
>>
>>81158240
Basically a modern day "Agent Carter".

Fund it.
>>
>>81160784
>Not to mention no one whines that loudly about wanting a Hawkeye movie like SJWs do demanding Black Widow, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel "deserve" a movie.
Jeremy Renner does.
>>
>>81158240
Any black widow plans have been replaced with Wasp stuff. Thank god.

Feige said Wasp will have a very major part in Infinity War.

>tfw she solos the space-time gem with Pym particles
>>
>>81161990
Classically handsome, but too large/manly. He needs to be a slim/tall, like Neil Flynn, but without a dog face.
>>
>>81162620
Not that they would ever do it but I'd watch the shit out of a movie based in the Fraction run. Just some dude who happens to be an avenger taking care of his neighbors.

Actually I guess they couldn't do it, since he's a farmer or something.
>>
>>81162693
Probably reforming the Avengers on Earth.
>>
>>81162693
I wonder how this wasp is going to behave. MCU Hope/Scott have the exact opposite character dynamics from 616/EMH Hank/Janet. Should be interesting.

>>81162779
That's what that Mockingbird/Hunter show could've borrowed from. Married Hawks doesn't really fit, and killing his family for it is way too edgy.
>>
>>81162779
There's certainly ways to explain why he's getting an apartment in New York. Doesn't have to be great. Maybe he wants to move his family into the danger zone instead of just keeping them out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>81162693
I fear its more likely Wanda has been replaced by Wasp, given the Russos love of Black Widow and open disdain for the Silver Age era.
>>
>>81158274
Her being the weakest is precisely what a movie would fix.
>>
File: 1458800858952.jpg (114 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
1458800858952.jpg
114 KB, 640x497
>>81161126
I want to see this so badly
>>
>>81158240
Yes, give more work to the fat, ugly, talentless whore. Master Netanyahu demands it!
>>
>>81161495
Elizabeth Banks is perfect tbqhfam
>>
>>81162892
>killing Clints family
Do it Russos
>>
>>81161126
So if their tone cancels out, you might actually get something interesting, but doubly cut to shit.
>>
>>81163219
For CM?

No man, she is not commanding at all. She's ultra girly. Also, she'll be 45 by the first movie.

She'd be a perfect Sue Storm though, as I stated above.
>>
>>81158536
>flick
marvel makes movies, at worst. Not quite Kino but I think they can get there
>>
I like the idea that she would be the character that find ms marvel and brings her into the avengers in the ms marvel movie. Sorta the way I think there gonna us thor ragnorok to have Thor and hulk buddie movie.
>>
File: emily blunt femdom.webm (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt femdom.webm
1 MB, 1280x544
>>81158501
Emily Blunt was the original choice for BW.
>>
File: 1449782356579.png (153 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
1449782356579.png
153 KB, 1254x1138
>>81163550
Help me understand Kino. This chart does poor job of explaining differences.
>>
>>81158240
>It's a Black Widow must face the terrible sins from her past! episode
>>
>>81162987
Good. Maybe they'll omit the shitshow that was Vision, too.
>>
>>81158274

I think Hawkeye is.
>>
>>81164196
Watch the movies in the examples then.
>>
>>81161671
The only direction you can go with a BW plot is darker and more depressing. Not that it would be bad but it would stand in contrast with how the other movies are more fun and colorful. After BvS I have had my fill of bleak super hero content for a while.
>>
>>81164634
>The only direction you can go with a BW plot is darker and more depressing.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>81164196

it's just a meme

the difference between movie, flick and kino is like the difference between soda, pop, and soft drink
>>
>>81164196
>Words are literally synonyms
>Amerifats think they all mean something different
>>
File: charisma-carpenter-image-2.jpg (77 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
charisma-carpenter-image-2.jpg
77 KB, 396x594
>>81160858

>Marvel was pissed when she announced she was pregnant right before AOU started filming. So much so that they almost totally wrote her out of it. Whedon directly intervened and kept her in.

Ironic.
>>
>>81164196
>Not translating foriegn names
>Not even transliterating the cyrillic

I cringed so hard.
>>
>>81158274
wymynz who'd only seen the movies wanted it because she was the only chick and MUH REPRESENTAYSHUN
>>
>>81161291
>shilling this hard
>>
File: 1.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>81164196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61SzOGVdOnk
YEP
THAT LOOKS LIKE BVS
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 332x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 332x200
>>81161671
>I'm starting to think that 4chan really does have a huge, unusual problem with women like evryone says.

You think? No!
>>
>>81161671
Damn. What a tragedy, Tumblr.
>>
>>81158240
>Yfw it gets more critical praise than BvS
>>
>>81167541
It kinda is when /co/ shuts its brain off and whines about a female lead who's doing perfectly fine. Scarlet was perfectly fine as Black Widow. The problem with the character was always the writing, not the actress.
>>
>>81167864
I agree
>>
>>81161470
>Can't wait
For it to be pushed back for Inhumans again?
>>
>>81166196
Ironic how? From what i understand it was Charisma's decision to leave Angel after her pregnancy.
>>
>>81160858
Did she have an anti-pregnancy clause?
>>
>>81164196
It's just a shitty /tv/ meme. Don't take it seriously.
>>
>>81160652
>He thinks they talk to each other in the comics

Heh
>>
>>81161470
>No actress chosen
Dropping the ball, guys
>>
>>81161671
Most people like Transformers movies but that doesn't make them less shitty. Scarjo is popular for being a pretty actress in the Marvel movies without being terrible. She's certainly not popular for her stand-out acting talent. And most people just want a Black Widow movie for the sake of a Black Widow movie and don't actually consider what it would be like. I had hoped with Wasp and Scarlet Witch being introduced that normies would finally realize BW is a pretty bland character and focus their efforts to popularize them instead.

And yeah, of course 4chan has a problem with women. But that doesn't mean criticisms towards females are never valid.
>>
>>81170627
I think critics are more on board with Wasp being the big MCU woman. They liked her in Ant Man
>>
>>81158240
I could mediocrally care about this if they would recast her, i literally cannot stand scarjo. She's complete garbage,
>>
>>81166349
Let me help ya: The Ascent (Russian: Bocхoждeниe, tr. Voskhozhdeniye)
>>
>>81167864
I don't have a problem with her either
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.