[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what will Kung Fu Panda 4 be about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: KFP3-teaser-wide.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
KFP3-teaser-wide.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1080
what will Kung Fu Panda 4 be about?
>>
>>81155141
Po learns to relearn a lesson he learned several times before. Also he gets a new superpower and makes the Furious 5 look like chumps.
>>
>>81155168
Shifu watches Po achieve mastery of something that should take ten million years of study and commits suicide.
>>
so what CAN they do in KFP4?
po already taught everyone martial arts and how to use chi
>>
Tigress becomes jealous of Po's success and leaves the 5, becoming an antagonistic rival.

Eventually her and Po team up to defeat the main villain, but the other 4 members of the Furious 5 die in the process.
>>
Apparently this franchise is planned to have 6 movies. But after 3, i can't see how they can top it in scale and villain.
>>
>>81155141
It will at least partially be about kung fu.
>>
We Need More Money
>>
>>81155141
Didn't they say the third one was going to be the last?
>>
I hope there isn't one. 3 already showed things start to dip. If there's a 4th movie it's gonna be bad.
>>
>>81155516
No.
>>
DreamWorks bet the farm with Kung Fu Panda 3 in China. It was developed in China. They even had a second set of animation so that the Chinese dub would have prefer lip-sync.

Then Zootopia comes along and crushes its briefly held record. Disney didn't put nearly as much effort into Zootopia's Chinese dub. But the Chinese still spurned DreamWorks by flocking to Zootopia in record numbers.

There will not be a Kung Fu Panda 4 unless DreamWorks' commie uncle still considers them valuable to the "Chinese animation industry".
>>
>>81155141
The main villain in the fourth movie is going to be a reptile. Just think about it we already have a feline, a bird, a mammal, now it time for a reptile enemy.
>>
How about shit happens to Po and we are, at least for some time of the movie, able to watch the furious five.

Or maybe just an invasion of a mongolian horde. Aka a force with such huge proportions that you just can't 1on1 it away
>>
Since po is a teacher now, it's a school of rock like movie where po teaches everyone to find their inner dragon war.

That or it's a tournament movie where every fighting style known ever or at the time is shown. Or maybe they'll go for one fighting style for Kung Fu Panda 4, then another at 5 then the inevitable tournament movie
>>
>>81155141
The other 3 warriors that were left out. The Pheonix Warrior, The White Tiger Warrior, and the Black Tortoise Warrior.
>>
>>81158080
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbols_(China)

I mean the 4. The Yellow Dragon, or the Dragon warrior to be more precise is the only one introduced. There is still the Azure Dragon, The Vermilion Bird, The White Tiger, and The Black Turtle have not been introduced.
>>
>>81155141
Better be about Tigress.
>>
The Furious 5 needs more relevance, i'm sick of Po.
Maybe a movie where they become envious and start fighting each other.
>>
File: 1457197631362.gif (883 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457197631362.gif
883 KB, 500x281
The fourth film should be a prequel that follows Shen from birth to retaking his throne.
>>
>>81158231
who?
>>
>>81155141
Po gets diabeetus
>>
>>81155603
Felines are already mammals you dip
>>
>>81155361
>but the other 4 members of the Furious 5 die in the process.

Nah, Shifu will be the one to die so Po can truly take over his role.

He might as well, he hasn't done anything in the last two movies other than introduce the power-up that takes decades to learn that Po masters in a single day.

Besides, they need the jobber 5 for the tv show.
>>
Po learns the same lesson all over again
>>
>>81155141
Journey to the West maybe?
>>
I was so disappointed with 3 that I think a total reboot is needed. Especially because I know the furious five will never get the screen time they deserve.

I might get shit for this but I would set a 4th film many decades after the events of the original trilogy in a 70's Hong-Kong like setting and I would make Po an old man who has to teach a new pupil kung-fu. The pupil would be impaired in some way other than being obese like maybe he's short or skinny. If the original trilogy is inspired by the Shaw brothers movies set in feudal china then this would take more from the 70's - 80's Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan movies.
>>
Hopefully not about:

>overpowered villain with a cool voice and a connection to one of the characters shows up
>special kung fu power gets foreshadowed early on
>Furious Five job
>Po learns who he is
>Po masters the special kung fu power better than anyone ever has
>Po defeats the villain with the power

They have to go on a different direction and definitely have Po share some of the spotlight
>>
The third movie really left me wanting to see more action/interaction from the 5 after that crane/mantis tease. Does that tv show they made satisfy this?
>>
They really need to amp up the scale. Involve the Emperor or something, take Po and the crew to Forbidden City. The movies are set in an undeterminate period of Ancient China so there should be no problem doing that. Just make it seem actually seem like all of China is in danger instead of just a village and an even smaller village.

>>81163624
Yes and no. The Five get their spotlight once in a while in the show, but their characterizations are complete crap.
>>
>>81155580
>There will not be a Kung Fu Panda 4

I honestly hope not, the only thing I can see them doing that could be slightly good would be some sort of spin off about other characters, honestly one of my favorite things about the films is the world it creates, it'd be cool if they explored it, I think Po as a character is done, there are still interesting things they could explore just not involving him.
>>
>>81158469
This, honestly that element just seemed so interesting but they removed it from the film. I loved the second one but I do wish they left Shen's relationship with the wolves in.
>>
po and the rest of the furious 5 have kids that look exactly like them but younger
the kids start their own cuter imitation dojo and hilarity ensues
>>
>>81155516
They wanted like 16 KFP movies, like they wanted at least a dozen Shrek movies. Dreamworks has a hardon for sequels.
>>
>>81155523
There's gonna be 7, dude.
>>
>>81155199

lol
>>
World Tournament something I thought the show would have done tbqh senpai
>>
>>81168475
The show is a let down. Feels so disjointed but it is just a cash in.
>>
>>81155723
> School of Rock 2: Kung Fu Boogaloo

Holy crap, I actually want this.
>>
>>81167103
Too bad they'll either stick with him or have another panda as MC. DreamWorks can't into worldbuilding - is all about marketable franchises for them. Since pandas sell, they'll stick with pandas forever.
>>
They're gonna make a movie where the Japs are the bad guys and Japanese try to invade China, sort of like Mulan but with Japs instead of Huns.
>>
Po becomes Celestial Phoenix and styles on everything.
>>
File: Mildly Amusing.webm (609 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Mildly Amusing.webm
609 KB, 1920x816
Shen comes back from the Spirit Realm and makes new cannons that don't turn ridiculously slow.
>>
>>81170731
Shen was honestly the best villain in an animated film in such a long time.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.