[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen a season of a tv show drop in quality so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 24
File: daredevil-elektra.0.0.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-elektra.0.0.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
I've never seen a season of a tv show drop in quality so fast from the introduction of a single character before
>>
>>81154928
You've never watched Dexter.
>>
She's the heart of the show.
>>
>>81154947
Dear God anon, I had just forgot about it m8. Let me live in peace.
>>
>>81154928
>having shit taste
Although I will admit that the latter half of S2 Daredevil overall isn't as good, it's not solely because of Elektra.
>>
>>81154928
You shouldn't smoke crack anon, it makes you stupid
>>
It was pretty meh after Elektra got introduced but it wasn't the character's fault, it was the baggage with Ninjas that made the show drop.

seeing BvS though, I realized how fucked DC is in that it made the sloppy writing of S2 in DD look like a masterpiece of art
>>
>>81154947
>You've never watched Dexter.
I only watched the goat first two seasons and the scrappy third one. What character is that?
>>
>>81155075
>goat first two seasons
Dexter was never a great show. I'd say it was mediocre through the first two seasons. It's bad compared to shows like Mad Men, The Wire, or The Sopranos.
>>
>>81154928
No Karen was introduced in the first season.
>>
>>81155075

Any number of characters after season 4

Watch season 4, then stop. You may be tempted to continue, do not, it enters Days of Our Lives territory and gets worse from there. I'm honestly surprised Dexter wasn't wearing an eyepatch in his final scene.
>>
The two plot lines seemed completely disconnected and only one of them was interesting, the fact that Elektra is so unlikeable doesn't help either.
>>
>>81155349
I liked Elektra a lot in the end. They did a good job giving her some actual character development.
>>
>>81155390
What's weird is that before her inevitable demise Elektra seemed to genuinely reconcile with Matt in a fashion that suggested their future relationship could be something other then harmful or poisonous to both of them.
In the comics they mutually never end up together because they recognize they're just too different to even really reconcile or compromise who they are.
This Elektra seemed at times to genuinely regret her nature, which I suppose makes some sense as unlike the comics version her causal usage of violence isn't entirely something of her own choosing but sort of forced onto her by her nature.
>>
>>81155390
Speaking of character development. I have seen people shitting on the Matt over Frank and it amazes me because Matt actually had character arc and Punisher doesn't go anywhere besides "I kill people and I will keep killing people"
>>
>>81155495
Well, that's what makes the Punisher the Punisher. It would have been really weird if Karen had gotten through to him in the end and he was like "Yeah, you know what, you're right, I'm better than this, I will not kill people anymore!"
>>
File: 1321517148666.jpg (58 KB, 364x325) Image search: [Google]
1321517148666.jpg
58 KB, 364x325
Elektra? Maybe she'll get killed off OP.
>>
>>81155495
Ever seen a punisher thread before? He's the definition of meme character

>le frank franked all over their franks lmao
>>
The show went downhill because they shifted the focus away from the punisher to the generic love interest and generic ancient ninja prophecy war or whatever. Punisher was the heart of this season, and it was hype whenever he was on-screen.
>>
>>81155595
You are cancer.
>>
>>81154928
Electra was fine. I didn't like her but I don't think she ruined anything. Most of the bitching is from Frank fags who thought he deserved more of the screen time. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>81155595

I feel like the only person that just straight up loves everything this show i doing sometimes, and I find that so confusing because it just hits all the right notes. I'm not crazy about the actress playing Elektra, but I like her story and how she's written at least. Punisher is UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLY good, and I've always found the character to be one-note and unappealing. All the crazy ninja shit is pure Daredevil, so I don't get why people aren't all for it?
>>
>>81155094
Oh, fuck off.
>IF THE SHOW DOESN'T MEASURE UP TO WHAT I THINK IS A MASTERPIECE IT'S SHIT
>>
Elektra was great.

The problem is that the Hand are really fucking boring. Even in comics, they are boring.
They have no clear leaders
They have no distinct motivations
They just are a wandering group of generic ninjas who just follow vague leaders like Kingpin or Gorgon.

I mean, the final boss of this season was a guy who died last season and got 3 scenes. Pretty boring.
>>
>>81155652
He didn't say it was shit. He responded to a guy calling it GOAT.

Don't tell me you're so new you don't know what goat is?

>IF THE SHOW DOESN'T MEASURE UP TO WHAT I THINK IS A MASTERPIECE IT CAN'T BE THE TRUE GOAT
>>
>>81155644
Yeah I don't get it either. I thought everything was top tier this season. Admittedly I thought Frank was the best part and episodes 6-7 are slow as fuck but after that I thought it was quite good
>>
>>81155644
As a Daredevil fan I felt rather underwhelmed by how Hand material was handled. Black Sky nonsense still ticks me off because we still have no answers and now it is something that Elektra has inside? If it's evil demons nonsense, then fuck Diggle, fuck Loeb, I am out.
>>
I liked Elektra a lot. I found myself really rooting for her and Matt to find a way together despite knowing that them being together would ruin both their lives. I still wanted it and could tell they wanted it.

My only issue with the ninja shit is how disjointed it feels from the rest of the show. It feels like two separate shows a lot of time in the later episodes. Matt was just literally not around enough, but I guess it makes sense to show how being Daredevil has really destroyed his bonds with his friends.
>>
>>81155644
>All the crazy ninja shit is pure Daredevil, so I don't get why people aren't all for it?

It just didn't fit the tone of season 1 and the first episodes of 2 season. Hundreds of cheesy cliché ninjas scaling roofs and breaking into hospitals is what you'd expect to see on Arrow, not on this iteration of Daredevil.
>>
>>81155692
How about you learn to read?
>It's bad compared to shows like Mad Men, The Wire, or The Sopranos.
So is 99 percent of all television.
He's a faggot for bringing up an unnecessary comparison.
>>
>>81155495
I agree some frankfags are horrible but he DID have an arc
It was the indecision about what he was becoming The arc has him explore the possibility of change offered by three people and subsequent ideologies. Matt says continue vigilantism but don't kill
Pencil skirt offers him the idea that he can still be violent but in a contained and just manner rather than remaining an unrepentant killspree shooter
King Pin offers him a less noble use of his violence as a means for things other than revenge.
Frank says no to all and instead doubles down on his 'righteous path' of purging filth.
It was a progression. Crazed and enraged man -> conflicted killer -> calm but stalwart.

Frank was done fine. He didn't need any more than he got and he certainly wasn't better than Matt.
Some of Matts issues did drag
The please dont kill scene was repeated too often with Electra but his descent into excitement at violence and his acceptance but control of that side of his life was excellent
>>
>>81155644
Because /tv/. I loved the fuck out of this season too and yeah one of my few gripes is electra's actor as well. We seem to be on the same page.
>>
Nobu is a shit character and should've stayed dead. At least he had a good fight scene and good death going for him in S1.
Now there's nothing to hide how shit he is.
>>
Miss me yet?
>>
>>81155735
>If it's evil demons nonsense, then fuck Diggle, fuck Loeb, I am out.
If it is we're not going to see them.
A recurring thing if The Hand is that YES they use blatantly supernatural powers (whereas the Chaste use extraordinary but otherwise "natural" abilities attained through intense esoteric training and focus), but we never really see much of the magic side of it since it's primary usage is to bring dead people back to life and creepy shit like that.

Also?
He's going to end up sharing a series with a guy who gets his powers by Kung fu training in another dimension and punching dragons in the heart, so yeah.
>>
Did Elektra feel more like Black Cat than Elektra to anyone else?
>>
>>81155776

>So is 99 percent of all television.

Yes, over 99% of telwvision falls short of being GOAT. No way around that.

>He's a faggot funnecessary comparison.

So you really don't know what GOAT is? The comparison is necessary when such a claim is made.
>>
>>81155792
>The please dont kill scene was repeated too often with Electra but his descent into excitement at violence and his acceptance but control of that side of his life was excellent

Though it did feel kinda weird and inconsistent how he completely stopped being bothered by Electra and Frank straight up murdering fools in the final fight.
>>
>>81155832
Hell no. Netflix Elektra was a hundred times better.
>>
File: hole.png (1000 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hole.png
1000 KB, 1366x768
LITERAL PLOT HOLE
>>
>>81155868
I'm sure it will be explained by Iron Fist or Defenders
>>
>>81155843
Kinda.
But Elektra IS Matt's Black Cat, only ultraviolent instead of larcenous.
Go read Frank Miller's "Man Without Fear"; this series takes HEAVY inspiration from it, and it features a very sexualized but also clearly very unstable version of Elektra, much like the show.
>>81155831
I thought it was kinda weird how Nobu was partially the character he was named after and then partially turned into Kirigi in S2.
>>
>>81155868
I know you're making a pun, but that's not what a plot hole is.
>>
>>81155847
GOAT is an exaggeration, you unbelievably dumb retarded fuck. No one is seriously implying it's actually GOAT, so there's no point in a shitty comparison.
Maybe if YOU weren't a newfag, you'd know that.
>>
>>81155850
True but I think by that stage he was sort of in the, 'I am literally going to die if I don't win this shit. Thanks Frank' stage. I mean you don't kill if you don't have to but if you're going to get gutted, you ought not bitch when people help out. They really made it explicit with the roof top shed-thing confessions scene. Both he and Electra were scared as fuck and just doing what they had to do.
>>
>>81155878
The Secret War is pretty obviously part of the overarching subplot between the shows I think, what with Madam Gao very obviously hinted at originating from Kun-Lun.
>>
>>81155868
They got the urn out of there.
>>
Is there going to be an S3 of Daredevil or will we have to wait until Defenders to see him again?
>>
>>81155878
I'm actually kind of hoping that Elektra and the Hand don't show up again until Iron Fist.

I know DD has always had the Hand in the comics, but the show does better when it focuses on street-level stuff. Give the mystical ninja nonsense to the mystical ninja guy.

Also, I would forgive the hole if something like... Fin Fang Foom was down there. Because that would be so crazy pants bananas I couldn't NOT love it.
>>
>>81155895
>no you should be replying to what I meant instead of what I actually typed

Are you a woman by any chance?
>>
>>81155735
>If it's evil demons nonsense

...of course it is though?

> cheesy cliché ninjas scaling roofs and breaking into hospitals is what you'd expect to see on Arrow, not on this iteration of Daredevil

I expect to see DD shit on this iteration of DD and this is DD shit. He's pretty much THE character that made ninjas a thing in superhero comics from the mid-eighties through the 90s.
>>
>>81155947
>HURR I'M TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE MEAN WHEN THEY SAY SOMETHING
Holy shit, you're either fucking retarded or a troll.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>81155943
>doesn't want ninjas
>will accept fin fang foom
Yeah, nah, fuck off.
What season two showed, or if you disliked it, prototyped was a marriage between the street level and the mystical. Showing that both are deeper than previously shown and both dangerous to the kitchen. King Pin did not seem any less intimidating for ninjas having been stalking around. He's still slamming heads and playing gambits.
It's set up the ground work with s2, now it just needs to consolidate the two tones together in s3 and you have a franchise that needs no more preamble.
>>
>Niggas trying to tell me DD ninjas are too silly near me
>>
>>81156004
>>HURR I'M TOO DUMB TO USE THE WORDS I WANT TO USE AND IT'S YOUR FAULT

I was going to have a giggle at your expense but now I kinda feel bad
>>
>>81155943
>Give the mystical ninja nonsense to the mystical ninja guy.
Hey. Ninjas are Japanese. He's Tibetan. Kinda. Also, you'd be surprised how LITTLE magic shit Iron Fist has traditionally fought in his comics, he usually just beats up street crime and regular super villains.
Part of it was that both The Hand and Iron Fist had origins in a decade where Oriential Mysticism (including fantastical martial arts) were really popular and all kind of lumped together where magic and kungfu were the same thing.

Miller's Hand was SLIGHTLY more down to Earth; aside from the resurrection thing (which they seem only to be able to employ when it's plot-relevant and at great expense) it was implied that everything they did just resulting from incredibly intense bodily control training. Kirigi for instance seemed immortal, but it's explained what he was doing was somehow preventing himself from bleeding to death then using healing ointments and controlling his autonomic functions to heal faster. After Elektra cuts his head off he's just plain dead.
>>
She was okay. I never bought her and Matt's chemistry honestly. Even when Matt gices her that speech at the end, it feels like he's lying to himself.

Especially when Karen is best girl.
>>
>>81156051
>LOOK AT ME I ACT LIKE A SANCTIMONIOUS CUNT BECAUSE I CAN'T COMPREHEND THAT NOT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN LITERALLY
Come on, just kill yourself and spare me an interaction with yet another idiot.
>>
the more important question is would you? I mean she's cute but I don't know if I would go so far as to say she's hot, and her body looks more bony than soft
might not feel great
>>
Thing about the Hand and the war stuff is it felt really low budget. The whole time they keep saying how they're gonna tear the city apart but you only see like 20 ninjas and I guess Sticks side only has like 5 people.

The whole thing felt very small and more tell rather than show
>>
>>81156126
"Black Sky?"
"Black Sky!"
"Black Sky..."
"Black Sky Black Sky Black Sky. Black.... Sky!"
>>
>>81155998
>He's pretty much THE character that made ninjas a thing in superhero comics from the mid-eighties through the 90s.

One of them anyway.
There's an argument to be made for Snake-Eyes and that Enter the Ninja film, but it's probably just that ninjas were cool and everyone likes ninjas so everyone in comics decided it was a good idea to add ninjas.
One totally ridiculous but highly amusing thing that apparently everyone except Bendis (quite remarkable that) forgot was that Daredevil's ninja bullshit allowed him to so completely avoid notice that it was like he was invisible as long as you never looked directly at him simply by exploiting psychological blindspots and shadows.

The Bendis story where they re-use it for what is I think the last time ever has him sitting in a crowded room where they are TALKING about him and he manages to go completely unnoticed simply by remaining silent and inconspicuous even though he's in plain sight the entire time.
>>
>>81156077
>Karen is best girl
Karen's starting to smell a little like felicity t//bh
They either need to lock them in or keep them apart for awhile. Will they won't they shit is stale as fuck. I don't care if they do it later just don't revolve plots on teasing not a single person in the audience cares about.
>>
>>81156157
If Bullseye shows up next season Karen will get murt by him, calling it now.
DD's relationships always end with somebody fucking them up forever, usually Bullseye.
>>
>>81156157
>Karen's starting to smell a little like felicity t//bh
No

I mean, Foggy would be closer to Felicity if anything. And I like Foggy so it actually hurts tot say that
>>
>>81156090
> SANCTIMONIOUS

Good on you for trying out a word with 5 whole syllables (can you count to 5?). I suggest you look up what it means though. I wasn't implying any moral high ground. Good effort nonetheless.
>>
>>81154928
I haven't read the comic books.

She was interesting when she was introduced in the show. I was also intrigued with what the hell she was up to. When the show went full ninja (I'm aware ninjas are a thing in DD comics), it irked me at times because I just want to focus on Frank.

I know Frank and Elektra were there to show Matthew compelling arguments about things, but goddamn I hated the anime ninjas.
>>
>>81156187
In what concievable way could you possibly say that. Foggy is integral and important, also tied heavily to matt. The key to felicishit is romance wankery, will they won't they bs, main character assassination and screen time stealing.
Foggy might take some screen time from Matt but his stories directly tell the story of civilian Matt and colour the character and his struggles.
Unless Matt starts deferring to Foggy and we have Foggy centric episodes that don't have consequences and implications for Matt (which is improbable at worst) then we're fine.

>>81156181
Well I would certainly appreciate that.
Just to clarify but wasn't bullseye teased along with Frank through easter eggs in S1. I'm can't recall.
>>
>>81156187
It helps that Foggy's complaints are actually fairly legitimate; Matt isn't like some superheroes where he puts on the costume because his regular life isn't as important as his cape life and his civilian ID is basically just the "beard" he wears when not being Daredevil.
He's a member of an actually SERIOUS profession (as opposed to something they just do to pay rent) with a partner and a place of responsibility in his life and a VERY good lawyer at that.

A frequent problem in the comics is how Matt's DD persona actually gets in the way of him recovering from shit because he uses it as an escape from dealing with his real life. This is why Elektra appeals to him in both the comics and the show; she represents absolute freedom from the rules of a society that by nature of his chosen profession he is very much bound to one way is another.
>>
>>81155607
Kill yourself, mate.
>>
>>81155349
Isn't being a bit unlikeable part of her character? She was fucking crazy at times, and I don't agree with her ways or like her character, but I appreciate how different and crazy she is.
>>
File: karen_page_2.jpg (389 KB, 943x819) Image search: [Google]
karen_page_2.jpg
389 KB, 943x819
>>81156181
I wouldn't be that shocking, actually.
>>
>>81156181
they have been heavily foreshadowing her death.
>>
Fisk is the entire reason season 1 was as good as it was.
I know ninjas and shit are part of Daredevil but I think it's on me for wanting more crime boss plot for season 2. Having said that, Frank was awesome (for like, the 4 fucking episodes they had him in).
>>
>>81156205
Congratulations, you corrected non-native English speaker who mixes words from time to time.
Too bad you're still a waste of flesh idiot who hides behind cheap smugness because you are too dumb to undestand how people react to things.
>>
>>81156260
>st to clarify but wasn't bullseye teased along with Frank through easter eggs in S1. I'm can't recall

I don't remember.
But it stands to reason with Fisk finally becoming the guy we know in the comics (the ruthless power-hungry crime lord who genuinely accepts that he's an immoral person) that he'll finally up his game and start employing assassins of a more specialized nature against targets like Daredevil.
Also, I think after Matt hit Fisk out of costume he began to figure out the dual identity, which is why he suddenly asks to review everything he knows about Matt Murdock. I think S3 is being set up for the Born Again storyline.
>>
>>81155886
>loved the show
>never read much daredevil
>decide I should read some of his essential stories
>stuff written by Miller? sign me the fuck up
>google it
>first image is art by JRJR

I'm... willing to have my eyes assaulted by this if you can insist Miller's writing is good enough to carry it.
>>
>>81156364
This is before he got lazy
>>
>>81154947
He never watched Angel either it seems.
>>
>>81155850
I think he just realized that his way was not working anymore. The ninjas kept coming and kept hurting people, and he gained a better understanding as to why Frank or Elektra do their ways.
>>
>>81156391
Okay, I'll try and power thru it. That is, if I can actually see the art behind the LINESLINESLINESLINESLINES
>>
>>81156364
Miller's Daredevil is VERY good.
This was pre-insanity Miller who had editors to reign in how crazy he was. Almost everything we think of as part of the modern Daredevil mythos was quite literally invented by Miller; the ninja stuff, Elektra, his training from Stick (in the original origin he goes from "blinded, then suddenly a badass fighter 16 years with no explanation as to how since he has no physical powers), his rivalry with Bullseye, Kingpin as his primary villain, etc.

Hell, Miller even helped clarify how Daredevil's Radar Sense worked, though the TV series doesn't seem to be using his version of it.
>>
>>81156391
>>81156430
I mean FFS, I know this images is for ants, but this poor kid looks like he has a five-o'clock shadow.
>>
>>81156077
>it feels like he's lying to himself.
Same. It's like he was just desperate to handle Elektra's situation and said those things in hopes it will fix things.

>Especially when Karen is best girl.
I really like Karen. Really interesting to observe this season, especially all that projection.
>>
>>81156465
>implying Matt Murdock wasn't manly enough to have a shadow when he was fifteen

Seriously though, does he actually own a good razor? He perpetually seems to have a thin beard in the comics half the time.
>>
>>81156456
The ONLY thing I like better about the movie is the use of that radar-sense visual effect. The "world on fire" doesn't quite cut it.

The sound design in the show is, however, excellent.
>>
>>81156346

It's getting harder to come up with replies that don't veer into sanctimonious territory. I mean here you are lashing out and calling names and trying to turn your own admitted misuse of words into a personal failing of mine.
>>
>>81156514
>>81156346
Just fuck already
>>
>>81156456
Oh and thanks for the clarification about the writing, anyone who codifies that much of his lore and has it stick must have known what he was doing. I'll give it a fair shake.
>>
>>81156157
I disagree. Karen is actually a well written love interest, especially with every CW girl being so horribly written. Him revealing his identity to her is going to take them to very interesting places I think, regardless if it's romantic or not. At least there aren't dragging out his secret anymore.
>>
>>81156495
why are you complaining about this? the thin beard really makes him sexy. are you gay or what?
>>
>>81156532
I don't like to take advantage of the disabled
>>
>>81156495
Speaking of beards, this post was brought to you by Harry's! Go to harrys.com and use the promo code "ManWithoutBeard" to get $5 dollars off your first order!
>>
>>81156157
>>81156187
>like felicity
>karen
>foggy

Nah, Karen and Foggy doing their stuff actually makes sense. Karen's projecting very hard and is just looking for answers for herself (is she a monster for murdering someone or just doing the right thing, etc), and Foggy just wants a normal life with the profession he worked hard on.

Usually, I hate it when MC's friends get angry at MC for things, but in DD's case it makes sense because Matt really did fuck up.
>>
>>81156483
That Matt loves doing his vigilante thing is a huge part of his character. And the fact that only Elektra really gets that part of him wasn't a lie at all. At least at this point in the show, the few who know his secret either constantly nag at him to be more careful and / or stop altogether and the rest are being lied to.
>>
>>81156503
Ironically, that movie was still wrong.
Daredevil's Radar isn't echolocation (which BTW does NOT work if you use it with sounds that YOU don't make, hence why bats shriek all the time while flying); it's basically a hyper-intense version of the spatial awareness that every human being has.
He can "feel" the exact shape and dimension of objects around him in a 369 degree radius in the comics for about 100 feet around him in all directions, very much like he has an actual radar in his brain.
He actually uses his other senses not to see but to "fill-in" the blanks; everything is just big shapes without substance to his Radar, and while he CAN see faces with it he needs to be VERY close to do it and even then it's still pretty vague.

It's been noted before that he knows what Foggy's shape and weight and dimensions and smell and sounds are, but that he's never actually seen his face and doesn't know what he looks like. Or even what color his hair and eyes are.
>>
biggest complain about Elektra.

She's too manfaced unpretty. I would fuck Matt, Frank, Foggy, Fisk over her.

She's too skinny. Why aren't female fighters required to bulk up?

Going for femme-fatalle. You have to be actually attractive and seductive.

The accent was annoying.

Her best parts where was when she covered her manly chins and fought those stupid ninjas. Still if she was trained earlier than DD, why does she fight like an amateur?
>>
>>81156607
> 369 degree radius

Holy fuck
>>
>>81156544
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about the last reveal. I was very happy about that. I think it will cut out some of the tease shit. The only think worse than romantic teasing is identity teasing. Thank God they didn't try that shit with Frank or Electra. It's pointless and we've seen it already.

I liked her in season one a lot. She dragged slightly in season two. I'm not saying she's felicity at all just that there's potential for shit to go awry. She is at a delicate stage where being mishandled will fuck everything up. She's cool for now but, you know.

>>81156583
As above I like what they've done with her character thus far. My issue is with the potential and (sort of) current mishandling of their romance. Her solo stuff is great. I like the character.
>>
>>81156629
>if she was trained earlier than DD, why does she fight like an amateur?

woman
>>
>>81156553
No, I just kinda wonder.
The only ever blind guy I met is consistently clean shaven because in his words "it's impossible to actually do anything other then a full beard or no beard when you can't see fuck-all how it looks".
>>
>>81156607
The show is all over the place when it comes to DDs super senses. At one point they show him being able to sense paper behind a desk because he can somehow sense the density of the material and then the Hand ninjas become invisible to him because they stop their heart beat.
>>
>>81156607
I know that echolocation doesn't actually work like that (at least for non-superpowered bats) and that DID really bug me in The Last Of Us.
That said, it was still a pretty cool way to visualize his power. Thanks for the clarification.

And I can't NOT make a crack at "369 degrees". It's like going up to 11, except for your senses. My mind is, like, totally expanded, dude.
>>
>>81156601
I'm not saying he doesn't love his vigilante thing. I'm saying that him ready to drop things to go with Elektra feels like a lie, and he probably knows it. I guess it's more wishful thinking? I have a feeling Matt knows he can never run away from HK or his life as a lawyer. Those two halves are important to him.
>>
>>81156514
>used one word wrong
>LOL U GETTING WORDS WRONG I WIN
I'll level with you, dumb cunt so you can finally shut your dumb mouth up. People use GOAT every fucking day for things that are not even close to being great. It doesn't fucking mean they believe it's the best thing to ever exist in that genre, medium, etc. It just means they like that thing so much, they use it for dramatic effect.

Yes, it's your own fucking fault for being so stupid you can't understand such a simple thing and that's why your smug attempts at looking smart are so laughable.

Go get a castration and never produce any offspring, it's better that way for humanity.
>>81156556
Stop talking to the mirror, retard. I'm sure not even your reflection would touch a retard like you anyway.
>>
>>81156680
She fights okay. Matt just has the whole powers-lite thing going on. All electra has is a mysterious prophesy. If you have powers of course you'll be better especially when The Master is the same as you
Yes I know Stick and Matt are different abilities-wise but you know damn well what parallels I'm making.
>>
>>81156629
>Still if she was trained earlier than DD, why does she fight like an amateur?

She's not used to fighting without killing. when she fights with weapons she's way more efficient than Matt. That said, Matt is obviously supposed to be the better fighter because of his superpowers. If anything, Elektra was too strong compared to Matt and Stick. She shouldn't have been able to beat Stick that easily.
>>
>>81156707
They were fantasising about what their lives could be when they were pretty certain they were about to fight to their deaths.
Neither of you should be arguing this. It's pretty self explanatory.
>>
File: 1354043354_1.jpg (17 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1354043354_1.jpg
17 KB, 640x360
>>81156684
Brule story, /co/.
For real tho, I do like hearing about weird minutiae of disabled people's lives, good food for thought.
>>
>>81156710
>if enougb people are wrong they magically become right

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
>>
>>81156583
>(is she a monster for murdering someone or just doing the right thing, etc)

I'm pretty sure this version of Karen is a victim of sexual abuse who killed her abuser, very likely a relative of hers as opposed to being a heroin addict ex-porn star like Karen Page turned into in the comics; her body language and the way she talks and reacts is EERILY similar to someone I know who had the same thing happen to her.

I'm tempted to say it's just coincidence, but the way the show emphasizes body language and behavior (Cox's proper "blind behavior" by having Matt look at people's faces but not their eyes because he doesn't know where they are, Castle's very twitchy mannerisms that make him look perpetually about to hurt somebody like a cocked gun, Fisk's noticeable stutter and awkward body language) I think they're doing it on purpose.
>>
>>81156732
I actually think she's dumbing herself down for Matt's benefit. When Matt warned her about the security guy's he's heard, she should've known that given she's a experienced assassin. She's playing up the vulnerable woman DD has to save. But her failures later in the season was just unforgivable. Maybe Stick's assassination attempt got to her mojo, idk.
>>
>>81156658
>My issue is with the potential and (sort of) current mishandling of their romance
I think it was there to show the normal side of Matt's life. He really did enjoy his simple lawyer life and the subdued romance he has with Karen. But his other side as DD with Elektra's wild ride is also true to him and he enjoys it as well. I liked seeing the contrast, and I understand why Karen and Matt had to break up. He's not heading to his relationship(s) with either woman with a complete focus. Matt is very conflicted in this season.
>>
>ywn have a rich sexy foreign girl use you as a plaything
>>
>>81156732
Prophecy.
Prophesy is a verb, pronounced "propheSIGH". Prophecy is a noun.
I only know this because I'm a church boy like Matt.
>>
>>81156689
Actually I thought of a way they could explain it using his comics radar; basically his radar says "something's there" but without his other senses he can't really make out what it is.
He NOTICES The Hand at the same time Elektra does, he just can't fight them well because his radar just says "object is here" without giving him enough fine details from his other senses that he can reliably block and parry attacks.
>>81156704
>And I can't NOT make a crack at "369 degrees". It's like going up to 11, except for your senses. My mind is, like, totally expanded, dude.

>And I can't NOT make a crack at "369 degrees".
Actually, I'm not sure 360 degrees is correct. Is it still a 360 degree arc when it includes up and down too? Always confused me.
>>
>>81155644

One word, anon: casuals

The amount of people I've heard saying shit like "What the fuck do these ninjas even have to do with Daredevil anyway?"... holy fuck
>>
>>81155573

Isn't Steve Dillon's art the meme there?
>>
>>81156865
>Is it still a 360 degree arc when it includes up and down too?
An interesting question. I guess it's 360 degrees on all axes.
>>
Wait, am I really the only one who liked Nobu? I was more disappointed with his death than Elektrodes.
>>
I kept getting distracted because I couldn't figure out if electra was Chinese Or British. The show did it dampest to confuse you about it too. 1. She talks in a British accent so she british. But in the flash back she's a Chinese girl.....I really went to see a Youtube video where some superman has a point system in place for how many times the show makes her look british or Chinese.I also swear she was more attractive the first few episode she was in the last one like it was a trick of the light or something. Also did her and Matt ever have sex? And im not talking about the flashback. I don't know I just don't buy he didn't have sex with the love of his live ONCE before she died after she came back into his life.
>>
>>81156844
The initial romance was fine, perhaps even good. Their individual platonic dynamics and group dynamics are certainly great. What happened to Matt and her romance after she got cucked by electra was annoying and unneeded. Like did we really need to see her walk in on it. Was that extra piece of drama needed on top of Matt completely fucking both her and Foggy over professionally anyway?
>>
>>81156860
I misspelt it and let auto handle it. I thought it looked off but decided to trust in spell check. Sorry churchy. I'm usually not bad for that sort of thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 350x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 350x527
>>81156868
I don't really expect casuals to know anything other then casual stuff about casual superheroes, and DD falls under none of those catagories.
Daredevil's LIFE revolves around fighting ninjas. Well, that and organized crime and sticking his dick into crazy chicks who inevitably die.

Natasha's lucky she got out before she got whacked.
>>
>>81156786
Interesting. At first I thought she was just disturbed by what she did to Wesley, but I guess the show is teasing to something bigger from her past.

Also interesting to note how her actress got emotional during the Google Talks interview when asked about Karen Page's weakness.
>>
>>81156781
Are you autistic or something? Are you trolling?
Why are you so damn dumb that I have to spoonfeed you the ideas so easy to understand even a child can do that, and you're still too stupid to get them?

>oh shit, I'm losing an argument, better look up a fallacy that doesn't add anything to the discussion and doesn't discredit anything my opponent said but at least it makes me look smart in my own eyes

You know, it's really depressing that David Bowie is dead and retards like you are still alive.
Just go away already.
>>
File: 1411969274738.jpg (58 KB, 445x372) Image search: [Google]
1411969274738.jpg
58 KB, 445x372
>>81156916
>dampest
>>
>>81156958
I generally let that sort of shit slide, but for some reason I have a problem with prophecy/prophesy in particular. Probably because a lot of pastors and other church leadership folks I've known mix them up, too.
>>
>>81156914
I liked Nobu because until that episode in S1 I thought he was just a regular Yakuza guy.
Also because he swears a shitload and does so rather imaginatively, albiet in Japanese.
>>
Am I the only one bothered the hands just brings back mock ninjas and not their top leader only? Nobu I get that's cool but one since had a rank and file ninja has examination scars. I would think you would have internal life as a perk on hingerups get but I don't know. Who if a dude just joins the hands and runs away later just so he can become immortal man?
>>
>>81156916
>I kept getting distracted because I couldn't figure out if electra was Chinese Or British. The show did it dampest to confuse you about it too. 1. She talks in a British accent so she british

The actress isn't Chinese but she IS Asian; she's French-Cambodian.
Elektra's ethnicity had always been confusing as fuck anyway. A Greek Japanese Ninja chick? What?
>>
>>81156927
I think it was just to show the cherry on top of all of Matt's lies to her. She knows Matt's bruises are suspicious and Matt clearly doesn't open up to her. Walking in on a weird old guy and a wounded woman on his bed was just the cherry on top and the last straw where she just goes "fuck this shit i'm out; sort your shit, Matt"
>>
>>81156985
> doesn't add anything to the discussion and doesn't discredit anything my opponent said

see
>>81156710
>People use GOAT every fucking day for things that are not even close to being great. It doesn't fucking mean they believe it's the best thing to ever exist in that genre, medium, etc.
>>
>>81155832

ben does
>>
>>81156916
I don't think they ever had the chance to fuck again because she got wounded then left.
>>
>>81157052
he saved her life though. both as Matt and as DD. she didn't exactly closed him out forever but I wished she had given more. She's risking her life for a goddamn genocidal lunatic and Matt doesn't get to explain?
>>
>>81156983
>At first I thought she was just disturbed by what she did to Wesley, but I guess the show is teasing to something bigger from her past.

I think WHY she reacted how she reacted to Westly (pretty much ZERO hesitation; she emptied the mag into him after that first shot) was because of what happened to her and that she'd done it before.
Plus having her be sexually abused is a way to include the "damaged girl who is DD's love interest" thing she became in Frank Miller's run without her becoming a heroin addict between seasons.
>>81157011
Actually The Hand usually ONLY brings back it's top leaders. It's not an easy trick to do.
The guys of the Hand who are mooks are just regular guys with special training.
>>
>>81157102
Yeah, honestly?
Life saving or not I'd peace it then too. Some shit is just too fucking weird to not just say "you know what? if you don't explain this, I'm done".
>>
>>81157102
I don't think it's because Matt doesn't get to explain. Matt doesn't want to explain. I guess Matt just wants the distinction of his normal life and DD life, or that he's scared Karen might get into more trouble with him, but Matt never really explained anything to Karen (he was always missing or withdrawn after their initial dates). Their breakup felt like "we can talk about it if you're ready to talk, but let's break up for now"
>>
>>81157102
>>81157052
No it was just romance shit. No cherry required. You could have done it some other way as opposed to having Electra in his bed.
The cheating angle made me feel like I was watching CW shit, for real.

Also as if he would 'get a chance to explain' who the fuck sits around for that. Come on anon.
>>
I have a huge crush for Elektra /tv/ so I need to know.
Is the character good in Netflix's Daredevil?
>>
>>81157190
Depends on what you mean and which version of Elektra you like.
This is not like the first comics version of Elektra and is more like the younger Elektra Miller wrote.
>>
File: 1424752711673.jpg (60 KB, 254x272) Image search: [Google]
1424752711673.jpg
60 KB, 254x272
>>81157190
Read the fucking thread.
>>
>>81157055
How much do I have to pay you to get you to shut up? I'm fucking tired at this point.
I swear, talking to you is like a talking to a brick wall. Brick wall that is considered mentally impaired by other brick walls, to be precise.

THOSE POSTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER, YOU RETARDED GOALPOST-MOVING FUCK

>HURR IF THEY USE GOAT THEY REALLY MEAN IT'S GREATEST OF ALL TIME SO THAT COMPARISON WAS RIGHT
>no, people tend to exaggerate, so that comparison is uncalled for
>PEOPLE NEVER DO THAT. I'M A DUMB FUCK WHO TAKES EVERYTHING LITERALLY AND IF THEY USE GOAT THEY REALLY MEAN IT
>no, tons of people exaggerate, doesn't mean they really mean it.
>MUH ARGUMENTUM AD POPULUM JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DO THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE RIGHT I WIN
I'm tired. You got proven wrong and now you're either trying to annoy me by being obtuse on purpose, or you're really the densest fuck I've ever encountered.
>>
>>81157172
What I like about it was that it wasn't the regular "I walked in on him cheating/having sex with someone". It was a "I walked in on him with all this weird shit"

She told Matt she knows all those bruises aren't from falling down. She knows Matt's hiding some things, and I guess she's just waiting for him to open up to her before they take their relationship further. Karen's also a can of worms herself, but from their conversation that one night where she figured out Matt is basically against her views on Frank (which she was heavily projecting on), she's just really not sure where to place herself with Matt. Walking in on all that weird shit was just cherry on top.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1024x1574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1024x1574
>>81157222
Pic related.
The younger Elektra Miller wrote was hyper-violent, very sexualized, and quite clearly extremely unstable.
Not quite a "Ninja Stripper Whore" like 80% of the 90's characters based off her afterwords were, but still recognizably the origin of the archetype.
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 1024x1599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 1024x1599
>>81157307
>>
>>81157285
>cherry on top
Sure but the decided that cherry had to be another bitch in his bed drama. Don't act like it wasn't framed that way. Karen had no fucking clue if Electra was injured or what. They chose the scenario for a reason and framed it intentionally.
Of course it wasn't explicit to bridges can mend and they were hardly even dating yet so it's not a massive deal, but some writer still tried to take it there as a climax for whatever reason.
Just stick being there or electra being in a chair or couch would be different but no. We got what we got.
>>
File: image.jpg (898 KB, 799x1250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
898 KB, 799x1250
>>81157317
So yeah; the show was actually pretty faithful to this particular version of Elektra.
>>
File: mPhL8fP[1].jpg (25 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
mPhL8fP[1].jpg
25 KB, 477x456
>>81155094
>>
>dat sexy accent
>>
>>81157458
It's odd how polarising it has become.
>>
Elektra was okay, the show kinda shit the bed on the last episode though, luckily it's a binge show so it doesn't stand out as much.
>>
>get some awesome punsiher action

>Elektra suddenly comes in
>flashback!
>LOL UR BLIND
>Yeah but ur a spoilt bitch
>lol ur kinda cute...
>>
>>81157458
>>81157519
What the fuck kind of accent would a Greek girl who grew up in Japan from Greek native parents and spent her teenage years in NYC sound like?
Because that's her fucking accent in the comics.

She has a French accent in the show because she's French-Cambodian (listen to how she pronounces his name, "Matheiuu"), which is as close as we're ever going to get to that clusterfuck accent she'd have in the comics.
>>
>>81157272
Sorry m8 for taking so long to reply. I was getting ready for work. The good news is now I'm AT work so I have nothing to do for the next solid 8 hours other than continue this conversation.

>PEOPLE NEVER DO THAT.

I never said this. I merely said it's not on me to reply to what people meant rather than what they said. Say what you mean and this problem disappears. How is that moving goalposts? The comparison is warranted because the original guy said GOAT. I never tried to spin it to say he's the only guy who misuses the term or that I know what was in his head or what he meant. You're the only one making those sorts of claims.

Side question: why is it that in your greentext recounting of events, you're the calm one and I'm the one frothing at the mouth over this, when in reality, the opposite of that is true?

Anyway take out the parts I never said and let's see if this makes any more sense.

>HURR IF THEY USE GOAT THEY REALLY MEAN IT'S GREATEST OF ALL TIME SO THAT COMPARISON WAS RIGHT
>no, tons of people exaggerate, doesn't mean they really mean it.
>MUH ARGUMENTUM AD POPULUM JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DO THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE RIGHT

A bit better. Still could use a little less capslock and muh
>>
File: 1425184497796.jpg (92 KB, 701x530) Image search: [Google]
1425184497796.jpg
92 KB, 701x530
>>81158239
>so I have nothing to do for the next solid 8 hours
>>
>>81157638
>accent
>comics
i think what you're trying to say is that her accent is supposed to be exotic. the actress's accent in the show is somewhat exotic, yes, but you can't surmise what an accent SOUNDS like from fucking comics m8.
>>
>>81158342
>actually being productive at work

Top pleb
>>
File: 1437005181216.jpg (110 KB, 580x600) Image search: [Google]
1437005181216.jpg
110 KB, 580x600
>>81158376
>work
>>
>>81155390
Thus, couldn't stand her at first but in the end she was cool.
>>
>>81158416
>he doesn't consider the time spent at his battlestation "work"
>he doesn't "get ready for work" by masturbating to anime

Sorry I forgot this was /co/mblr
>>
File: 1422627467368.jpg (69 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
1422627467368.jpg
69 KB, 765x1024
>>81158475
>implying masturbating to anime isn't the real work
>not having your priorities straight

Thank God I though I had accidentally bantered you into a corner.
>>
>>81158573
>masturbating
>work

Maybe if you're waifu a shit
>>
File: 1428630757660.jpg (161 KB, 850x944) Image search: [Google]
1428630757660.jpg
161 KB, 850x944
>>81158593
>not working hard in dedication to your waifu
Don't even talk to me crossie
>>
>>81158659
Believe me, I do. But the intimate moments we share aren't work; they're what I'm working FOR.
>>
>>81158707
Dropped the ball a bit with that one but luckily I'm off to bed. I hope the dude you were arguing semantics with turns up to keep you company.
>>
>>81156418
You mean the series with a shitty first season and great following seasons? Apparently you haven't either.
>>
Typhoid Mary when?
>>
File: Scrappy-doo.png (37 KB, 123x203) Image search: [Google]
Scrappy-doo.png
37 KB, 123x203
>>81154928
>I've never seen a season of a tv show drop in quality so fast from the introduction of a single character before
>>
>>81159202
Honestly man, the last time I watched scooby doo outside of the recent Mystery Inc show, was probably over 15 years ago. My age was a single digit and I don't think I could really distinguish between the different Scooby Doo series outside of that one where they were chasing ghosts and Shaggy had a red shirt.

Spoonfeed me on why this guy was so bad.
>>
File: 1425554547840.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1425554547840.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>81157056
>>
based on the bitching people give about season 2 this is what i assume they wanted in order not to hate it.

>Season begins
>frank franking some franks with a motherfranking frank.
Daredevil punches people
>more frank
>daredevil punches people
>more frank
>daredevils friends appear very briefly to tell daredevil how good a guy he is and give him thumbs up and coupon for free pizza because hes right. then they shut up and go away
>more frank
>daredevil punches people
>more frank
>elektra appears briefly to look hot and tell daredevil how great a guy he is and how strong he is and give him a coupon for free pizza
>more frank
>more frank
>make sure no ninjas appear because for some reason people think ninjas shouldn't have anything to do with daredevil
>more frank
>season ends frank shooting a gangster with a gun that literally fires daredevils fist because that is apparently the only thing people want in this show
>>
>>81159871
>not just buying him pizza

Elektra is awful. Way to give the guy an errand, you selfish bitch.
>>
>>81156914
The first Nobu fight is my favorite fight of the whole show.
>>
>>81159871
>>frank shooting a gangster with a gun that literally fires daredevils fist
That sounds like a toy, a cool toy.
>>
>>81155495
I too watched Razorfist's review.
>>
I haven't read any Daredevil or Elektra, and was wondering if this was who she actually was, or if this was just a bad version of her. From what I can gather the latter seems to be more true, which is a shame, but at the same time I have to say that I think Season 2 would have been much more focused and interesting if it had stuck with the Punisher as an antagonist, maybe with a more interesting secondary antagonist. What we got was fine, but that's the key word - "fine." Solid C-. Season 1 to me was only ever a B at the very worst, mostly due to how enjoyable Kingpin was.

Overall, maybe save her for later, make the Hand more interesting, and I'd be interested. As it stands, I'll remember season 2 for Frank Castle (dat rooftop episode yo) and probably little else.
>>
>>81154928
>Ihaveshittaste.exe
>>
>>81156629
>She's too manfaced unpretty. I would fuck Matt, Frank, Foggy, Fisk over her.
You are literally gay if you can't find that fuckable.
>>
File: 1457008633455.jpg (71 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1457008633455.jpg
71 KB, 500x513
>>81156629
>She's too manfaced unpretty.
>The accent was annoying.
You quintuple faggot.
>>
>matt tells elektra that she should fuck off forever and that he already has a girlfriend
>she gets hurt badly
>suddenly she's the love of his life and he doesn't give a shit about karen or foggy anymore

this was fucking awful and you know it
>>
>>81155554

underrated post.
>>
>>81162845
karen ended things with him because he was late to court and his duties

and elektra fucks the best. you always go back to who fucks you the best no matter what you feel inside
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 183x275
>>81155832

I never miss.
>>
>>81155495

Matt was frustrating. He clings to no kill ruled pathologically, even when it's actively endangering others.
>>
>>81163616
I don't understand how literally having crosshairs, fucking crosshairs, not even a fucking bullseye, carved into your forehead is less retarded to studio execs than an actual Bullseye costume
>>
>>81162845

Matt was convincing himself. It was his shot at "normal".
>>
>>81155495
The Punisher is not a dynamic character, and that's a huge part of his appeal. You're dumb. Don't watch shit with the Punisher if you want him to be something else besides Trigger Mcmurderpants
>>
>Matt/Katen subplot

>Karen has better chemistry with Frank

Was that on purpose?
>>
>>81163736
It's especially dumb considering how brutally he was taking people out in season 1. Like when he threw that one guy from the roof into the dumpster, there was no way he would have known for sure he was gonna survive that fall. Or when he dropped the fire extinguisher onto that guy's head. The only reason why Matt hasn't killed anyone yet is not because of his moral code but because of how unrealistic this show can be when it comes to surviving severe bodily harm.
>>
>>81155065
Quit your company wars faggot
>>
>>81163919

if you lived in a universe where dropping fire extinguishers on people's heads from 3 flights up can't kill them you'd probably know it and take that into account when you decide not to kill someone.

I mean, really,any hero who never kills but beats people up until they fall on the ground and stop fighting is about equally implausible. There's no 100% safe way to punch someone in the head until they get knocked out and don't die.
>>
>>81154928

As someone who never reads Marvel, but is into the MCU, I always thought Daredevil's billy club was a little silly. Seeing it in action, however, made me a believer. I'm totally team billy club now.
>>
>>81155075

Season 4 is fantastic. Seriously. John Lithgow is the Big Bad, and he turns in one of the best performances I've seen from him. Totally chilling, and delivers the best moments in the show.
>>
>>81155832
yeah no, fucking never.
>>
>>81155832
I miss herpes more than you.
>>
>>81162845

Matt was completely spellbound by her. That's the fucking point. He wanted her out of his life because he can't control his dick around her and he knows she's bad for him, not because he doesn't like her.

Meanwhile Matt didn't really love Karen, as is obvious from how reluctant he is to fuck her.

Him just saying fuck it and ditching the boring "good girl" for the dangerous sexy one is a relatable character flaw and it was done well.
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.